Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG4294 (resized).jpg
IMAG0737 (resized).jpg
50E810EF-4E25-462C-A462-A9107DD95BF5 (resized).png
A9274959-53EE-4B21-B0DF-C11D995EDF02 (resized).png
PC180103 (resized).JPG
PC180124 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Playdium.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from JudeRussell:

I remember playing that (when it first came out) at Fun 'n Games in Framingham, MA. Kind of a bucket list thing (you need to try it, but it was not really that fun to play).

We went there a lot around 1978-80. But pinball was dead by then.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from JudeRussell:

It's hard to admit that but you are right - video games were all the rage and I certainly put a lot of quarters into Battlezone, Dig Dug, Pac Man, and all the rest. But there were still plenty of pins in the building - as compared to present day. Fun and Games is till open, much smaller, and no pins in sight. Solid state, voice chips, ramps, multiball were all fairly new and I remember having to wait for the newer games and being a bit frustrated at the comparatively deeper rule sets. Now I prefer the older EM games.
I guess I look to that era as a bit of a golden age for me personally (high school, I had a job, car, and ended up in the arcade a lot) but looking back pinball was in decline. In some ways games like Hercules were the pinball designers throwing stuff at the wall to see what would stick in hopes of beating back the video game demons.

Don't forget Missile Command, and Tempest. Good times back then.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Playdium.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-s-largest-pinball-machine-for-sale-atari-hercules?tu=Playdium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.