D1800BFC-7FC5-44C7-A5D9-F4EED8EC0AA5 (resized).jpeg
8C85BFCF-7AFE-4DB3-A70B-4DB0313A10E4 (resized).jpeg
286323460_757367712301053_7458703656827351659_n (resized).jpg
detail (resized).jpg
IMG_6891 (resized).JPG
Coil on shooter lane (resized).jpg
IMG_0381 (resized).JPG
IMG_20220202_123229.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider misterschu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#700 6 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Here is my first attempt at a new translite for the game...any suggestions/feedback?

I find it a little boring. To me, a good translite for WPT would be poker themed, not WPT themed. A poker table, chips, cards in the foreground, and then maybe a blended/washed compilation of some of the cities in the game.

Doing a quick search on google for poker images, something like this image, with older poker themed pins in the background instead of slot machines, and a player's hole cards in the foreground.

Unfortunately, I don't have Photoshop or Illustrator

poker-players (resized).jpgpoker-players (resized).jpg

#703 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I tried counting but just did like 60 or so of each....
EDIT: attaching my order. I think I only needed a few more bulbs of the socket style....

Did you use the 4SMD bulbs for Flashers (e.g. the red covers, like the one over the skill shot vuk -- I'm not too familiar with terms as this is my first pin)

Mine came with mostly LEDs but there are a few incandescents left in there and some lights are out.

#707 6 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Thanks for the feedback. This version has a stronger Poker element obviously and I added the Bills and Lighting to tie in with the PF art.

Like this rendition. Don't think it needs anything else (though I will mention that it looks like Bee and not Bicycle makes the official WPT playing cards

3 weeks later
#714 5 years ago

Anyone can point me to where the 4th 3/4" rubber ring goes? I'm replacing all my rubbers, ordered (4) 3/4" because the manual says so... But on the diagram I can only spot 3, all by the pops. Any help would be appreciated.

#715 5 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Can anyone take pics of the diode terminal strip for the start button? My wires were cut off, so I replaced the diode and soldered the wires back on, but have no light.

Not sure which part you're looking for, but if you help direct me I'll take a photo. Take a photo of where the wires are snipped from, I'm new to owning a game so don't recognize the diode terminal strip by name.

#718 5 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Here's a pic of what I'm looking for. And the fourth 3/4 rubber goes beside the left ramp entrance, by "cut the cards" insert.

There's a photo of the wiring of the start button on page 47 of the manual. I will try to take some additional angles tonight.

for the 3/4" rubbers, here's photo from the manual showing (3) but I can't find the other. This includes the one by the cut the cards insert.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#722 5 years ago

While you have it apart, may be worth checking the welds on the ramps and vuk tubes (and possibly getting them reinforced even if they're not split yet, if they look weak)

1 week later
#724 5 years ago

Does anybody have on-hand or have the ability to make a nice scan of the decals from the shooter lane VUK tube? I ripped mine when I removed them to send the VUK out for repair and can't find them for sale anywhere.

#726 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I swear I scanned them when I pulled mine apart. I’d have to look through my laptop scans and such. I’m traveling all day tomorrow but this weekend I should have a reply.

Awesome, look forward to it, thanks a bunch.

2 weeks later
#732 5 years ago

Finally got Poker Wizard on Saturday. Had gotten three extra balls (2 cities, 10 side pots and 10 WPT hurry up). Was unable to do much during it, and drained pretty quickly. Ended with a score of ~135M. Previous GC was 90M, which was before I cleaned, waxed, and put in new balls. Game's been screaming fast since, with balls hopping the wireform from the mini playfield.

Wasn't feeling too good about my score or how long it's taken me to get Poker Wizard, but looking at the two big games on Youtube (Bowen's PAPA, and AKM) the PAPA game has the outlane posts in the middle position, and AKM has them in the lowest position, while I've been playing with mine in the most open.

Now I'll have to start working on WPT championship.... and then finally Keefer Invitational (Seems impossible when I'm getting ~3M or less on AITH, No limits, and All In multiballs).

#734 5 years ago

Is there a way to adjust individual drop target heights? My Eight of Spades (Drop target #5) sits slightly above the playfield when it's dropped, while the others are flush

2 weeks later
#738 5 years ago

Anyone else find the left ramp hard to hit from the right flipper? This might only be since changing to Titan bands. I'm wondering if maybe there's just too much taken out when the ball even just grazes the post to the right because of how grippy the Titans are. (Otherwise the translucent Titans look great. Would look even better with some added GI).

2 months later
#750 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Has anyone experienced the white piece of plastic on the left ramp not coming up when the game starts? So it doesn’t trigger the flop, etc. when you shoot the ball up the left ramp? Thanks for the help.

As the other guy said, the opto at the top of the ramp triggers the white post and triggers the next cards to be dealt. Run a switch test and make sure you're able to change the state of the switch, make sure the opto transmitter and receiver are aligned (facing each other).

Quoted from ksmmspt:

Anyone experienced a bug where you cannot ever collect the turn? It's happened twice to me and it usually happens after I've played several stacked multiballs. Very frustrating but neither the ramp collects the turn or even the next ball from the plunge.

Is it only on the turn that this occurs? Sounds strange. On the next ball, you're hitting the Advance Hold 'Em skill shot and not getting an award? Do the other skillshots on the next ball award correctly? Aren't there some modes/multiballs where it doesn't actually award you hold 'em progression on the ramps. I'm not certain, but doesn't Ace in the Hole (if there's no mode, and it's the only multiball running) prevent you from progressing hold 'em on the ramps because they're tied to the jackpots. I wonder if the game state believes it's in AITH and there's a trough issue preventing it from recognizing what number of balls has drained.... or something like that. Test the trough switches to make sure they're registering correctly for all 4 balls (take all 4 balls out of the trough, enter switch test, drain 1 ball at a time, then again plunge one ball at a time without replacement.)

#758 5 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

I did see that one. Mine needed that fix. Since I did it they do lock back up, just cant figure out the dang three pulse issue yet.

When you start a new game are any of your card inserts lit? Does a switch test show all targets in their correct state? If there's a bad connect in the wires it will think some of the drops haven't been reset and then try three times.

#762 5 years ago

Yes about almost all of the drop target inserts are lit when I start a game.

Assuming you're on the newest code, V14.0: The switches for the drop targets aren't working correctly, then. I can't tell you where your problem lies, but the card inserts should all be unlit at the start of a game. They light when they've been dropped, flash when they will complete a hand, and unlight once they reset. For one reason or another your game believes the drops are down when they're not: could be a flaky connection, a faulty or dirty opto, probably some other options too.

I thought switch 1 & 2 were not used.

This is correct.

#766 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I had a look on the ramp and not sure where the optos is that you mentioned. Any chance someone could post a photo of the optos. Thanks for your assistance!

When the game is on you will see a red light at the top of each ramp. across from the red light is a sensor. This is the optical transmitter and receiver, together they are an optical switch.

#771 5 years ago
Quoted from oyvindmo:

The only slight annoyance I have right now regarding playability is that the Cut the Cards VUK rejects >50% of the time. Any hot tips there?

Gotta take the assembly off, four screws iirc, and flex the blue steel (like the steel at ramp entrances) up a little. The entry to the vuk is the one way gate, which gets pushed into the blue steel flap. Over time the flap seems to move or deform and prevent the gate from opening fully.

#772 5 years ago

These drop targets lights and triple coil pulse is kicking my ass. I checked the switches and optos. I think They are good. On the test it shows the targets down when they are up. I cant seem to figure it out.

Does the state change in the switch test? The matrix should show the square when they're down and the dot when they're up.

#775 5 years ago

This is the piece you are looking for: https://shop.thepinwitch.com/Game-Specific/Data-East-Sega-Stern-73/World-Poker-Tour/Wireform-for-Gate-Bracket-Stern.html?language=en

and that's actually the only place I can find it for sale.

1 month later
#779 5 years ago
Quoted from prowlerman99:

Saw this on CL today and thought one of you WPT guys may be interested.
fredericksburg.craigslist.org link

Somewhat satisfying to learn that Stern WPT isn't the ugliest piece of WPT paraphernalia

#783 5 years ago

On the left only one shows that its up when it is, and in the test screen it does change when it drops. the rest all show they are down when they are up, and the inserts are lit . On the back drop next to the upper playfield the outer two show right, and the inner two show down when up, and their inserts are lit. On the right drops its the same as the left. I look for broker wires but didn't find any.

Have you confirmed continuity on the drop target wires?

The drop target opto switches are normally closed. The drop target dropping breaks the opto line of sight, opening the switch. It's possible the optos are simply dirty. Could be the optos have died/weakened to the point where they're not putting enough light out to activate the sensor. You can try to evaluate them using a digital camera or your cell phone: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/testing-optos-with-iphone

This thread has some discussion from people who were having drop target opto issues.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-optos

3 weeks later
#798 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Sometimes I need to press the left flipper button to release a ball that is stopped on the left ramp wireform by the coil. Is this normal operation? Seems strange.

This is not normal operation on V14. What version of code are you running? You could try factory reset the settings, but I can't think of one that would control this.

3 months later
#848 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

the post on the left wireframe on my WPT has started to stick up - anyone had that problem?

possibly just misaligned plunger in the coil sleeve? looking at the assembly (page 80) possibly needs a new coil sleeve or new nylon tip plunger. maybe the spring has failed?

Have you tested manually sliding the plunger up and down?

1 month later
#862 4 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

One of the (2) holes

those holes should not have screws, they are the holes for the optos. the one in front of the bar registers the hits to open the jail, the one behind registers hits to the captive ball. Is your game pitched correctly? Is the mini-playfield pitched correctly?

Regarding the 2Billion point game, since you only recently updated the code, you could probably check the audits to identify what feature has registered an outrageous number of hits/times.. it might not be one of the items that has an audit.. but it might be, like it might tell you you've hit the left ramp over 10000 times or something like that.

For the King of Diamonds not staying up, it's possible that the screws on the drop target mech need to be tightened up.

#865 4 years ago

Ya, nothing jumps out from those audits as a cause of your billion point game.

1 year later
#940 3 years ago

when my game was doing the 3 pulse reset, it was actually just that the screws holding the opto board had loosened.

1 year later
#1119 2 years ago
Quoted from Shaqatak:

Silly question but my WPT says v1.12.
I see on the stern website it says version 14 is current.
So is v1.12 version 12?

Not exactly, 14.0 was the final code released for world poker tour, released in january 2008. the code version just before version 14.0 was 1.12, released november 2006. v14 has a ton of fixes in it.

5 months later
#1143 1 year ago
Quoted from Jappie:

The game is much better off without it.

I disagree actually, i think the gate makes the game more dynamic, without the gate it's fully symmetrical, the gate changes that. It also makes the mystery shot easier which is good as that shot can get very tough when the vuk gate gets even slightly bent.

The gate also makes all in multi-ball slightly harder by reducing ball speed from left orbit shots (in addition to removing double spinner right orbits). With juiced spinners, and two full loop orbits all in multi-ball is a very feasible tournament strategy. Diverting balls to the pops adds more danger to the right orbit and increases the value of side pots more often making them more valuable in multi-ball.

#1145 1 year ago
Quoted from Jappie:

That's another way of looking at it. I guess it's a luxury that us owners can choose our preference and either keep or remove the gate.

Yep, fun to have the ability to change it, lots of games don't have that. But full flow experience is turning off ramp posts and removing gate.

1 month later
#1156 1 year ago

You can take out the upper playfield and drill a quarter inch hole where the opto shines for a durable resolution

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Machine - For Sale
Bucks County, PA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider misterschu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-poker-tour-pinball-club?tu=misterschu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.