D1800BFC-7FC5-44C7-A5D9-F4EED8EC0AA5 (resized).jpeg
8C85BFCF-7AFE-4DB3-A70B-4DB0313A10E4 (resized).jpeg
286323460_757367712301053_7458703656827351659_n (resized).jpg
detail (resized).jpg
IMG_6891 (resized).JPG
Coil on shooter lane (resized).jpg
IMG_0381 (resized).JPG
IMG_20220202_123229.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hankscorpio.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#435 8 years ago

Looking for some WPT owner advice. I found a single owner HUO stock (no LEDs, cliffys, etc) WPT that the owner is firm at 3k. After reading through the FS threads I realize this is a bit high for a bare bones WPT.

Would you pay 3k for a WPT knowing what you now know about the game?

Thanks for the input.

#438 8 years ago
Quoted from boagman:

Absolutely. And since I do own a stock, HUO WPT, you should know: I wouldn't sell mine for $3K.

Quoted from Slim64:

I personally wouldn't.
Opinions will vary

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it. I had set my limit at $2600, so the cheap person in me is battling the impulsive person in me! I am pretty particular about condition, which is why this is a tough decision for me. I haven't run into a certified HUO WPT here in AZ before.

1 week later
#446 8 years ago

Hi Everyone. I have a little bit of free time and started working on a WPT translite. Wanted to get some feedback so far. I prefer the more simplistic look, and personally like the "less is more" style. Looking forward to your thoughts/suggestions. Three versions: the 1st one has cards/chips in the upper right corner and card suits on top and bottom, the 2nd is bare and the 3rd has cards/chips in the upper right corner.

World_Poker_Tour_pin_3_(resized).jpgWorld_Poker_Tour_pin_3_(resized).jpg
World_Poker_Tour_pin_2_(resized).jpgWorld_Poker_Tour_pin_2_(resized).jpg
World_Poker_Tour_pin_1_(resized).jpgWorld_Poker_Tour_pin_1_(resized).jpg

#449 8 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Hmmm ... I applaud the effort for any alternate WPT translites, but this one has a bit too much "less" for me personally. I'd prefer to see the "WPT" logo less prominent and more color and images in the background to differentiate the translite from the backbox. As it is, the overall blackness creates too much of a box-like effect.

Quoted from danczaz:

I really like it!!! I have the alternate translight but really like this one! Big improvement from original!!!

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I would like to sneak a little more color in there, and was thinking maybe something around the edges? Or maybe changing the text color of the cities. Maybe each city is in a different color (red, green, blue, white, etc.)?

#450 8 years ago

Added another version with card suits on top and bottom. See original post.

#456 8 years ago

Thanks for everyone's feedback! I have come up with the hi-res version and need to contact a friend who has a print shop and see if this is something he can handle. I will let everyone know what I find out. If anyone has any experience printing translites please feel free to chime in, this is a first for me. I have attached the "almost complete" version for everyone to take a look at. I made the card suits smaller and closer together, I am still not sure if I prefer the original card suit layout or the new one. What do you think?

Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

The addition of the card suits is definitely an improvement! I'd be interested in seeing your other idea of showing the name of each tournament city in a particular color too if you have a chance. I think that would emphasize the variety of locations as well as add some more color.
Thanks!

I tried changing the color of the cities and it ended up looking like a rainbow! I think color changing LED strips or backbox bulbs will help give the cities some "movement". I will continue to tweak this area though and see if I find something that works.

World_Poker_Tour_Alt_(resized).jpgWorld_Poker_Tour_Alt_(resized).jpg

WPT_Master_Translite_v3_(resized).jpgWPT_Master_Translite_v3_(resized).jpg

#458 8 years ago
Quoted from TheBrewhouse:

The think the first version with the colored suites father apart is much better. Great work!

Yeah, I like the version with the larger card suits as well! Thanks!

#462 8 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

The only thing I would say is that the cards on the translate (top right) don't all feature on the drop targets. (Whereas all the cards on the cabinet itself do). Would prefer it if they were spades.

I will try and switch out the cards to ones on the drops. The only problem with doing all spades would to loss of color on the cards, but I could use the red suits on the drops. I will give it a shot.

Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

And add the WPT logo to the poker chips. Your design looks great otherwise.
QSS

Great suggestion! I will try and work on it today.

#463 8 years ago

Here is the translite with WPT on the chips.

WPT_Master_Translite_v4_(resized).jpgWPT_Master_Translite_v4_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#472 7 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

That looks excellent!! I will take one please.
QSS

Thanks! I am hoping to get a test print done this week.

On a side note: whenever I pick up a new pin I always like to see what mods people have come up with. It seems like WPT has almost no dedicated mods out there. I have seen poker chips and playing cards on the pf and plastics, but that seems to be it. Has anyone come up with anything cool for their WPT?

1 week later
#483 7 years ago

Does WPT need Cliffy slot protectors or just Mylar on the ball drop area? I can't tell from any pics if the ramps drop the ball in front of the slot or on top of it. Thanks!

2 weeks later
#500 7 years ago

Sorry for the extended silence, I have been busy making my Metallica LED Insert Mod

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-metallica-led-insert-mod-cross-chair-coffin-snake-1

I will have an update for everyone by the end of the week. I can't stand to look at my stock WPT translite any more!

#503 7 years ago

I just dropped the file off at a print shop, they should have it done for me next week sometime. I will keep everyone updated. Now I just need to finish the shop job on my WPT!

#506 7 years ago

Look what I picked up today! If I have time to put it behind glass tonight I will post some pics.IMG_0091_(resized).JPGIMG_0091_(resized).JPG

#507 7 years ago

Here it is! I really like how it came out. Soooo much better than the original translite. Now I just need to build a LED backbox insert to get rid of that harsh fluorescent light. FYI, it is installed on my XMEN, I am in the middle of a shop job on my WPT.

PM me for details.

IMG_0095_(resized).JPGIMG_0095_(resized).JPGIMG_0098_(resized).JPGIMG_0098_(resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#516 7 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Still holding out hope!

Sorry for the silence everyone! I am waiting to hear back from the printer to see if they can do a two print process on the translite. The blacks are a little washed-out (still better than the original translite though ) I will know this week. Thanks for your patience!

2 months later
#525 7 years ago

If anyone is interested in an alternate translite for their WPT PM me for details. Please make sure to PM by Thursday night.

Thanks!

WPT Alt Translite REV (resized).jpgWPT Alt Translite REV (resized).jpg

IMG_0098 (resized).JPGIMG_0098 (resized).JPG

#528 7 years ago

Here's a shot of it installed on my WPT. IMG_1070 (resized).JPGIMG_1070 (resized).JPG

#529 7 years ago

Sending the file off to the printer tomorrow. PM me to get in on the order.

WPT Alt Translite REV (resized).jpgWPT Alt Translite REV (resized).jpg

#532 7 years ago
Quoted from akm:

I'd recommend counting out the inserts and picking out the LEDs yourself. It will cost you considerably less than buying a pre-selected kit.

This is what I did and I am really happy with the results. It takes a bit of time figuring out what you need, but IMO it was totally worth it.

1 month later
#545 7 years ago

Thinking about doing another run of alternate WPT translites. PM me if you are interested.wpt (resized).jpgwpt (resized).jpg

1 week later
#556 7 years ago

Hi everyone, I am looking for four more people to get in on another run of Alt WPT translites. PM me to reserve your spot!
WPT Master Translite REV Low Res (resized).jpgWPT Master Translite REV Low Res (resized).jpg

5 months later
#565 6 years ago

I know this was addressed somewhere but I can't find it. I am getting a lot of drop target rejects off of the 4 bank drops just below the upper playfield when they are hit hard. The rubber behind them seems to keep them from dropping. Was there a fix for this? Thanks!

1 year later
#804 5 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I have had a lot of people contact me wanting me to do another run of my WPT Alt Translite so I listened Here are the details:

-Run is for 5 translite prints.
-Orders must be placed by Monday, November 19th.
-Price is $110 with free CONT US Shipping.

PM me to reserve your WPT translite.

Thanks!
WPT Translite (resized).jpgWPT Translite (resized).jpg

#806 5 years ago
Quoted from JamesUK:

Hey hankscorpio - how much for shipping to the UK - very interested in this...
[quoted image][quoted image]

It looks like it would be roughly $60

1 week later
#815 5 years ago

I have three alternate WPT translites left! You can get yours here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1082-pin-mods/02107-world-poker-tour-alternate-translite

WPT Translite (resized).jpgWPT Translite (resized).jpgWPT Alt Translite (resized).jpgWPT Alt Translite (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#820 5 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Picked up a WPT last week. I would like to thank HankScorpio for the translite. I reached out to him for one before I had the game home and it came in very quickly. It is a big improvement over the standard.
I have one little part to fix on the auto plunger and this one will be just right.
[quoted image]

Looks awesome! Glad you like it

I have one left if anyone would like it for their WPT.

2 months later
#852 5 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I have one Alternate Translite left that I would love to find a new home for!

You can get it here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1082-pin-mods/02107-world-poker-tour-alternate-translite

Thanks!
WPT Translite (resized).jpgWPT Translite (resized).jpg

7 months later
#905 4 years ago

I have had this extra WPT translite in my office for too long and it needs to go! $100 shipped CONUS and it is yours

89702E25-C994-40F0-B8F7-7A041FF1F4D0 (resized).jpeg89702E25-C994-40F0-B8F7-7A041FF1F4D0 (resized).jpeg
C6E63632-2835-4DFB-AD6F-CAD61F099E5B (resized).pngC6E63632-2835-4DFB-AD6F-CAD61F099E5B (resized).png

Added over 4 years ago:

Sold!

1 month later
#906 4 years ago

I have my original WPT translite if anyone needs one. Pics below. Asking $30 shipped CONUS.

https://imgur.com/a/whHpLl8

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Warwick, RI
$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hankscorpio.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-poker-tour-pinball-club?tu=hankscorpio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.