D1800BFC-7FC5-44C7-A5D9-F4EED8EC0AA5 (resized).jpeg
8C85BFCF-7AFE-4DB3-A70B-4DB0313A10E4 (resized).jpeg
286323460_757367712301053_7458703656827351659_n (resized).jpg
detail (resized).jpg
IMG_6891 (resized).JPG
Coil on shooter lane (resized).jpg
IMG_0381 (resized).JPG
IMG_20220202_123229.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astropin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#212 9 years ago

WPT is in the house!

Picked it up during Dayhuff's party and tamoore and Zampinator helped me haul it down to my basement after midnight when we got back!

Checked it out briefly last night and everything looked pretty good. I found this on eBay but made the seller (an operator) an offer by email. So I was kind of gambling on this one (pun intended).

Got lucky and everything was as described. No credit dot and everything works. Playfield is perfect and it even included a FULL vinyl sticker kit including all of the drop targets....not that any of them are needed.

Could use new rubber and a Cointaker kit but other than that it's good to go. Oh, I do need to do the upper gate removal mod.....easy enough.

I have a TON to learn but I think I'm going to like this one.

WP_20141102_12_31_30_Pro.jpgWP_20141102_12_31_30_Pro.jpg

#217 9 years ago

Mine is torn down right now for a shop job. Installed a full Cointaker non-ghosting kit and I'm also putting in some new plastics and Pinball Life "BriteCaps" pop bumper caps (in clear).

#228 9 years ago

New rubber, new plastics, new lights.......cleaned & waxed.

WP_20141111_21_20_09_Pro-400.jpgWP_20141111_21_20_09_Pro-400.jpg

I really like the new "BriteCaps" pop caps from Pinball Life, really helps light up the upper playfield area.

1 week later
#231 9 years ago

Okay I think something is not working right on mine. How do you lock the ball in the upper playfield? I thought you bash it twice and then can lock it. Not on mine, you can hit it all day but the only time it locks the ball is after I get awarded "raise gates" on the " cut the deck" shot. When that happens it does raise the pins and then locks the ball.

#232 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Okay I think something is not working right on mine. How do you lock the ball in the upper playfield? I thought you bash it twice and then can lock it. Not on mine, you can hit it all day but the only time it locks the ball is after I get awarded "raise gates" on the " cut the deck" shot. When that happens it does raise the pins and then locks the ball.

Anyone?

1 month later
#266 9 years ago
Quoted from GreyhoundAggie:

i love poker, so i think this would be a fun pin

Actually it's a fun pin regardless. (But I'm also a big poker fan).

#270 9 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Go to switch test and make sure the opto right in front of the bars is registering. That is the 'switch' that scores when hitting the bars to raise them. Use a ball pused against the bars to trigger it.

Finally got it sorted out. That opto was being a real bitch. Took the whole thing apart, cleaned the opto's did some tweaking and it still didn't want to work right. Messed with the top half some more and finally got it working.....been working 100% since.

So this is the first time since I bought it that my game has been working 100%. First game 115,871,780 Grand Champion. Just missed getting to the WPT Championship by a couple of hands.

#273 9 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Congrats on getting your WPT working and for your GC score! Is your game set on factory settings and slope? That is WAY better than I've been able to do in my limited play to date.

All factory except for the outlanes....I have them on the tightest setting.

1 week later
#285 9 years ago

Just blew up my old GC tonight. Got to WPT Championship for the first time....totally blew that mode though as the balls drained one, two, three!

2015_01_19_21_18_41_ProShot.jpg2015_01_19_21_18_41_ProShot.jpg

#291 9 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Yeah - seeing it mentioned in that thread was a surprise to me. Googling for a bit doesn't come up with much of anything.
And on the small world front - I grew up in Kitsap county. Port Orchard and Bremerton.

I would say that it is finished. I'm certainly not aware of anything glaring missing. It is deep. I'm really enjoying it. WPT and ST Pro have been my go-to pins lately.

I wonder if they were referring to the hardware change that Steve Ritchie recommends? Removing the rear gate to allow the ball to flow all the way around the perimeter without getting caught up in the pops? There is also a feature adjustment to go along with that. But I'd say the actual code is good.

3 weeks later
#315 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I don't follow the WPT at all. Do any of the people that do the callouts on the pin still work for the TV show?

The main announcers - Mike Sexton and Vince Van Patten have been there since day one.

#319 9 years ago
Quoted from asay:

Not to be a buzzkill...but these look worse than the stock mylar.

Buzzkill

#323 9 years ago

I'm fine with the original....it's really not that bad.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Bucks County, PA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astropin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-poker-tour-pinball-club?tu=astropin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.