D1800BFC-7FC5-44C7-A5D9-F4EED8EC0AA5 (resized).jpeg
8C85BFCF-7AFE-4DB3-A70B-4DB0313A10E4 (resized).jpeg
286323460_757367712301053_7458703656827351659_n (resized).jpg
detail (resized).jpg
IMG_6891 (resized).JPG
Coil on shooter lane (resized).jpg
IMG_0381 (resized).JPG
IMG_20220202_123229.jpg
There are 1,216 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 25.
#352 8 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Got my topper...

Very nice.

Still wish I could get my hands on the artwork for that alt translite!

It's so well done...

#353 8 years ago

I was lucky that it came with the pin when I bought it!

#354 8 years ago

What LED's would people recommend using for inserts in WPT?

Thinking of getting the Comet pinbnall 4SMD non-ghosting ones, should be joining the club next week

#355 8 years ago

4SMD is going to be crazy bright. Are you buying a OCD-LED board to control them?

#356 8 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

I have my WPT sitting next to Metallica Pro. It ended up looking downright dark in there, even with LED's. I decided to add two spotlights on the slings, and man what a difference. The center display looks a little washed out from the picture, but it's still plenty bright.
Easy mod if anyone is looking to brighten up the center playfield.

20150508_205208.jpg

Did you go with the cointaker double leds for GI on this one? Just like Stern does on the newer games?
If yes do you have any additional pics?

Having the new stern led games, all the older looks quite dark. I like somehow factory and things being consistant on my machines.

#357 8 years ago
Quoted from windoesnot:

What LED's would people recommend using for inserts in WPT?
Thinking of getting the Comet pinbnall 4SMD non-ghosting ones, should be joining the club next week

Be careful with really bright, cool white LEDs. Cool's area already twice as bright as the next colour, and under a clear inserts, and especially as many as there are in WPT, you'll be seeing black dots in your vision the rest of the day.

#358 8 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

The triple scoring shot is a rush

Yeah, wait until you triple that with a triple jackpot in MB! Lot's of great rules in this game.

#359 8 years ago

Keefer Invitational from instant info... only 7 tasks...lol

Ace / Hole: 25,000,000
No Lim.: 25,000,000
Pot Total: 25,000,000
Target Total: 25,000,000
Hurry Up: 25,000,000
Mode Total: 25,000,000
WPT Champ: Win 1

#360 8 years ago

So, as a WPT newb, which of those tasks would typically be hardest to complete?

#361 8 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

They're all pretty difficult, but the one that I imagine most people would not have after an amazing game and would have to go out of their way to get is the hurry-ups. It takes a lot of hurry-ups to get 25 million, and since the collect feeds the dangerous pops most people tend to avoid it.

#362 8 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Keefer Invitational from instant info... only 7 tasks...lol
Ace / Hole: 25,000,000
No Lim.: 25,000,000
Pot Total: 25,000,000
Target Total: 25,000,000
Hurry Up: 25,000,000
Mode Total: 25,000,000
WPT Champ: Win 1

Also you have to "Cut the Cards" to start KI

#363 8 years ago

New club member.
I like the fact that the game has long shots and quite deep rules. Knowing only a little of the rules this will be a discovery pin

Looking for the world poker tour decal in the center of the coindoor.. Anybody has one for sale?

#364 8 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

My top game was 339m. I was only the hurry ups and one other short. Hurry ups are the "souls" of LOTR, so to speak. They are the thing you have to be concerned with all the time if you want to see the end. Overlooked by most as a trivial collect.

#365 8 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Did you go with the cointaker double leds for GI on this one? Just like Stern does on the newer games?
If yes do you have any additional pics?
Having the new stern led games, all the older looks quite dark. I like somehow factory and things being consistant on my machines.

I'm still experimenting with different LED's in the spotlights. I added one more spotlight on the right side for a total of three. I might actually do a combo of double and single. I felt the same way, it just seemed so dark sitting next to metallica. You'll be happy with this easy mod if you feel the same way. It looks great. They all turn off during flop/turn/river animations with the rest of the GI.

20150608_081059.jpg20150608_081059.jpg
#366 8 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

I'm still experimenting with different LED's in the spotlights. I added one more spotlight on the right side for a total of three. I might actually do a combo of double and single. I felt the same way, it just seemed so dark sitting next to Metallica. You'll be happy with this easy mod if you feel the same way. It looks great. They all turn off during flop/turn/river animations with the rest of the GI.

20150608_081059.jpg

DO you have a "before" picture... would love to see before and after in same photo setting

#367 8 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

My top game was 339m. I was only the hurry ups and one other short. Hurry ups are the "souls" of LOTR, so to speak. They are the thing you have to be concerned with all the time if you want to see the end. Overlooked by most as a trivial collect.

Wow, nice score! My tops is 241M and that was a marathon game. Thanks for the tip on the hurry ups as I usually concentrate on completing the modes.

#368 8 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

DO you have a "before" picture... would love to see before and after in same photo setting

I'll unplug the spotlights and do a before/after. It's tough to see in the pictures.

#369 8 years ago

Honestly it is things like the 25 million in hurry ups that make me never even try to go for the KI. I am playing to have fun and play well, not grind through 25ish hurry up awards.

Stacking modes with MB's, trying to make great use of the 3x shots, nailing that last drop to complete a hand... all are very fun IMO. Even ramp-ramp-ramping into the next hand will put a smile on my face.

25 hurry ups? Sounds like work to me

#370 8 years ago

Joined the club this week. Not had a chance to set it up properly yet as Spiderman needs to leave first (this weekend) before I have proper space for it in the house. The 2 left side drop target banks were'nt resetting properly when all 4 drops were down, cleaned them both a bit and one is working fine now, the other still needs a couple of coil fires to reset fully. Will replace the coil sleeves and the front side of the assembly and try again.

Have a very nice example of WPT and looking forward to making it even better

Have no idea how to get good scores on it, will be learning as I go

#371 8 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

I'll unplug the spotlights and do a before/after. It's tough to see in the pictures.

Thanks... I think it was stated somehwhere else in the thread but where did you get the mirror blades for WPT?

#372 8 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

25 hurry ups? Sounds like work to me

TBH I think the World Championship is way more (too much) work.

Hurryups are easy if you take them when you light them instead of letting the ball drain off the pf. In general it will also be a lot less than 25 of them since the base value goes up by 100K each successful one.

If you ignore hurryups too much though, the countdown penalty becomes really brutal (hurryups count down faster every one you start regardless if it was a successful collect or not).

#373 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

TBH I think the World Championship is way more (too much) work.
Hurryups are easy if you take them when you light them instead of letting the ball drain off the pf. In general it will also be a lot less than 25 of them since the base value goes up by 100K each successful one.
If you ignore hurryups too much though, the countdown penalty becomes really brutal (hurryups count down faster every one you start regardless if it was a successful collect or not).

I agree. I go for the hurry ups, especially if I can't lock a ball and my cut the cards is re-lit. Additionally, I don't find the pops as dangerous as others seem too. Perhaps nuances from game to game.

#374 8 years ago

I just ordered a new clear playfield window and expect if before the weekend.

Is there a guide somewhere what the correct steps are (don't want be breaking stuff) how to do the swap or what needs to be removed?

#375 8 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Is there a guide somewhere what the correct steps are (don't want be breaking stuff) how to do the swap or what needs to be removed?

I think it's just a few screws and it slides out. Basically, take the flippers off, remove the two screws near the front of the mini-playfield, and there's one or two more left in the back.

I replaced mine, and it wasn't hard. It took a an hour because I did it in front of the TV. You'll need a #2 philips and a couple of the common nut drivers. Move the old parts over, one at a time, to the new playfield, and you'll be fine.

When you put the new playfield in, there are dimples to help line up the flippers.

[edit: I had to take the playfield off for maintenance and it was a little harder than I remembered. The shooter ramp has to come off as well, as does the right wireform, so you actually have to disassemble the right slingshot a little. I still maintain it's not that hard.]

#376 8 years ago

Thank you ts4z!

#377 8 years ago

When you look at the spot the tells animation it has all the folks from stern.... From left to right

1-Lyman Sheets
2- Gary Stern
3- Keith Johnson
4- Steve Richie
5- ???
6- John Borg

Who is number 5 ????

#378 8 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

When you look at the spot the tells animation it has all the folks from stern.... From left to right
1-Lyman Sheets
2- Gary Stern
3- Keith Johnson
4- Steve Richie
5- ???
6- John Borg
Who is number 5 ????

I always liked that part of the game... I will try to pay attention to #5 the next time I play. I will likely be stumped, but even more likely is someone will chime in with this bump...

#379 8 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

1-Lyman Sheets
2- Gary Stern
3- Keith Johnson
4- Steve Richie
5- ???
6- John Borg
Who is number 5 ????

I never made the connection before, but it makes sense now that you've pointed it out. Thanks!

#380 8 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

1-Lyman Sheets
2- Gary Stern
3- Keith Johnson
4- Steve Richie
5- ???
6- John Borg
Who is number 5 ????

I think it's Lonnie Ropp.

#381 8 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Here are pics with and without the new spotlights. In person, the difference seems even more dramatic. It's not for everyone, but I can't believe how much I like it. It's breathing new life into the machine that was being shadowed by my only other machine (Met Pro).

20150611_201205.jpg20150611_201205.jpg 20150611_201046.jpg20150611_201046.jpg
#382 8 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Here are pics with and without the new spotlights. In person, the difference seems even more dramatic. It's not for everyone, but I can't believe how much I like it. It's breathing new life into the machine that was being shadowed by my only other machine (Met Pro).

20150611_201205.jpg
20150611_201046.jpg

Looks good.. I know that area is dark.... might have to do this one day!

#384 8 years ago

Really enjoying WPT so far, such a deep ruleset and loving figuring it out for myself as I go. It has more flow than I expected, especially with the ramp posts disabled and I love shooting on the fly after an orbit shot and hitting either another orbit or ramp, feels super satisfying.

Full LED conversion done with 4SMD non ghosting ones from Comet, they look great and very bright but not over powering, for me anyway

1 month later
#385 8 years ago

My highest now is 459m, but still no KI. Has anyone got the KI? Just curious. It is freakin hard to do.

1 month later
#386 8 years ago

How do you join the WPT Club? I have gotten my second WPT, does that qualify me? LOL
I ordered some WPT chips to add chip stacks to the pf and got the idea to make a custom shooter rod with 5 chips

WPT1.jpgWPT1.jpg

WPT2.jpgWPT2.jpg

3 weeks later
#387 8 years ago

Just finished the total strip down and rebuild on my WPT. It looks fantastic, even next to my new purchase of a Met Prem. All white rubbers, mirror blades, new mini playfield, new plastic set, LEDs, new custom target decals, custom speaker inserts.
Will get some photos up shortly.

#388 8 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

My highest now is 459m, but still no KI. Has anyone got the KI? J

Nope. Not ever close. But I tend to play it without Extraballs and open outlanes so that does not really helps... Highest score around 220m.

#389 8 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Just finished the total strip down and rebuild on my WPT. It looks fantastic, even next to my new purchase of a Met Prem. All white rubbers, mirror blades, new mini playfield, new plastic set, LEDs, new custom target decals, custom speaker inserts.
Will get some photos up shortly.

Where is the Colordmd

#390 8 years ago

I was happy to see that WPT was the featured game on "Bro, do you even PINBALL?" this week:

#391 8 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Where is the Colordmd

On order , but thinking of putting it in my Met Prem now instead.

1 month later
#392 8 years ago

ever since my son bought this game a few weeks ago it resets about every other game when a ball goes in the ace in the hole. owner claimed it never did that to him. you can hit the bars on ace in the hole, bars open, hit ball in there, game will instantly shut off and reset.
happens about every 2 or 3 games played. sometimes you can playa long game with several balls hit in and out of ace in the hole and its fine and it never resets.
once again, when it does reset, it only happens when a ball goes in the ace in the hole lock.

software version is 14.0

#393 8 years ago

Silver,
I wonder if the reset issue is tied to this service bulletin.

http://www.sternpinball.com/service-bulletins/service-bulletin-163-world-poker-tour

#394 8 years ago

it may be. i have no trough issues though..hmm. its worth a shot. would so so odd for the game being made in 2006 that no previous owner had already handled that. unless problem is only recent and can still reflect the stock mpu?
very curious if anyone who owns one on her has had this exact issue.
thx

3 weeks later
#395 8 years ago

Hey, I joined the club about 8 months ago (after reading these pages for a long time).

I wanted to thank everyone for their posts in this topic because it really helped me make an informed decision on my first pin, WPT.

I am very happy with the purchase and find the game fun and challenging (I am still finding new things to do!). I just put together an LED kit, have a new upper playfield to install, and plan to put in translucent rubber rings from titan. I will post pictures when completed!

Thanks again everybody!

#396 8 years ago

I'm peeing on the seat, give me a raise!

#397 8 years ago
Quoted from Grimes:

Hey, I joined the club about 8 months ago (after reading these pages for a long time).
I wanted to thank everyone for their posts in this topic because it really helped me make an informed decision on my first pin, WPT.
I am very happy with the purchase and find the game fun and challenging (I am still finding new things to do!). I just put together an LED kit, have a new upper playfield to install, and plan to put in translucent rubber rings from titan. I will post pictures when completed!
Thanks again everybody!

Congrats on joining the club and glad to hear that you've been enjoying your WPT!

I look forward to seeing your photos - especially the translucent rings.

2 weeks later
#398 8 years ago

Joining the club. Just picked one up on Saturday and I love the game. Super deep and challenging!

#399 8 years ago

Thinking about joining up but have a question about price. Would $2500 be about right for something in above average shape?

#400 8 years ago

Sounds about right to me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Trade
Machine - For Sale
Warwick, RI
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,216 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-poker-tour-pinball-club/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.