Topic Stats

• 909 posts
  • 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by jq-pinner77
  • Topic is favorited by 76 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 215 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

C6E63632-2835-4DFB-AD6F-CAD61F099E5B (resized).png
89702E25-C994-40F0-B8F7-7A041FF1F4D0 (resized).jpeg
20190929_133501 (resized).jpg
20190927_125706 (resized).jpg
20190927_125657 (resized).jpg
20190927_111521 (resized).jpg
20190613_192040 (resized).jpg
20190613_192107 (resized).jpg
20190613_192053 (resized).jpg
EFEF74B2-49F3-4E2B-A394-87047E2B4D34.jpeg
8EC65A77-9D77-42AE-99AC-A628AA1575AE.jpeg
53C00FDA-7A4B-4C0D-BB2D-5A93BA02E714.jpeg
AC07ACBD-6499-4CFC-BE90-5DC7F7C90524.jpeg
IMG_20190518_022848 (resized).jpg
Bladeb (resized).jpg
Bladea (resized).jpg

There are 909 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 19.
#251 5 years ago
Quoted from boagman:

If you follow the Service Bulletin on Stern's website regarding the drop target assemblies modification, there's no more tweaking necessary. Yes, you need to do all of them, but once it's done, it's done.

Yes, I shoved some very thin washers behind the 3 or so banks than needed it (3-4 places) and it solved the problem for me forever (*so far*).

Once I realized I could just loosen a few screws on the black plstic bracket, slip in the washer, but a screw through it... it took very little time to do.

#252 5 years ago

The VUK on the back of my WPT seems to be having trouble getting the ball to land on the upper PF (kicks it up but it just falls back down multiple times until it finally stays). This is the first game I've owned that has a VUK, so I don't really know how to work with these things. Does anyone know a good way to fix that?

#253 5 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

The VUK on the back of my WPT seems to be having trouble getting the ball to land on the upper PF (kicks it up but it just falls back down multiple times until it finally stays). This is the first game I've owned that has a VUK, so I don't really know how to work with these things. Does anyone know a good way to fix that?

Probably a mechanical problem, you would have to look at this generally hard to see area of the playfield and see if you can see a problem. Is the coil plunger moving freely? Did the tip that pushes against the ball break off? Is there something in the VUK near the top stopping the ball from coming out?

#254 5 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Is there something in the VUK near the top stopping the ball from coming out?

That's probably the best starting point. The ball gets kicked up the proper height just fine so I imagine that it's not something wrong with the coil, rather something wrong with the area where the ball is suppose to land. I'll check that out soonish and see.

#255 5 years ago

On that note, when I hit that rear VUK it occasionally doesn't register that the ball is there. I have to wait for the ball search for it to kick up. Is there a switch I can replace or something else to tweak?

#256 5 years ago
Quoted from asay:

On that note, when I hit that rear VUK it occasionally doesn't register that the ball is there. I have to wait for the ball search for it to kick up. Is there a switch I can replace or something else to tweak?

I can't remember if there is an opto there or a mechanical switch. Likely a mechanical switch based on this behavior, likely needs adjustment or cleaning. Just a little bit of adjustment if it is being this intermittent.

I have got more than my money's worth out of this tool when adjusting switches, particularly in hard to reach places like this:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1518

#257 5 years ago

I just finally finished overhauling my WPT that I purchased a couple months ago. Stripped the playfield down completely; went thru all the mechs; cleaned and polished EVERYTHING; and installed a bunch of upgrades including the following:

• Premium 2 non-ghosting Cointaker LEDs
• mirror blades
• red, white, and blue BriteCaps w/ WPT poker chips for tops
• new upper playfield
• playfield protector sheet
• DMD anti-glare film
• assorted removable WPT poker chip stacks (still experimenting with these)

The glass was actually off when I took the photos below - the glare is from the playfield protector:

20150102_232549.jpg 20150102_232712.jpg 20150102_232451.jpg 20150102_232640.jpg 20150102_232845.jpg
#258 5 years ago

I really like those stacks of chips. Are they glued together? How did you fasten them down?

#259 5 years ago
Quoted from asay:

I really like those stacks of chips. Are they glued together? How did you fasten them down?

I hot glued the chip stacks together and then to the following 3M "Command fridge clips":

http://www.command.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/NACommand/Command/Products/Catalog/~/Command-Clear-Fridge-Clips?N=5924736+3294529207+3294737323&rt=rud

The clips (without the accompanying adhesive strips) enable the stacks to be attached to any available open plastics location and subsequently relocated or removed as desired.

#260 5 years ago

That's great, I love the chips! I might have to do that.

Where did you get the pop bumper caps and/or decals? I'm interested in those too.

Can you wire those pop bumper led rings to the pop bumper coil as well, so they go off when it pops?

#261 5 years ago

If anyone here wants to try out an amazing recreation of WPT on your PC with Visual Pinball you can download it here -> http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/3075-wpt-v11-pm5-dtzip/
Plays using the actual Rom so you can understand the rules and get a feel for the gameplay if you have never played the real deal.

I also have a fellow pinhead in Canada that is looking to sell his recently shopped and players condition WPT. I have played it and it's a blast. With the US dollar exchange being what it is, the deal will be solid. He will ship only with NAVL to US. Please PM for details.

#262 5 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

That's great, I love the chips! I might have to do that.
Where did you get the pop bumper caps and/or decals? I'm interested in those too.
Can you wire those pop bumper led rings to the pop bumper coil as well, so they go off when it pops?

Thanks. The pop bumper caps are BriteCaps with WPT poker chips glued to them. They connect into the existing pop bumper bulb socket and the LEDs turn on whenever the pop bumper was originally intended to.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3336

The World Poker Tour chips are available on eBay - you choose your color(s). I paid $14 for a set of 100 including shipping.

#263 5 years ago

If anyone is selling WPT around Chicagoland please PM me... dan

#264 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I hot glued the chip stacks together and then to the following 3M "Command fridge clips":
http://www.command.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/NACommand/Command/Products/Catalog/~/Command-Clear-Fridge-Clips?N=5924736+3294529207+3294737323&rt=rud
The clips (without the accompanying adhesive strips) enable the stacks to be attached to any available open plastics location and subsequently relocated or removed as desired.

I'd use museum putty instead of hot glue. No harm to the chips or plastics.... BTW, you can attach a real card deck box over the fake one over the right ramp exit. Same size! (Again, I used museum putty to adhere.) Nice-looking WPT!

#265 5 years ago

i love poker, so i think this would be a fun pin

#266 5 years ago
Quoted from GreyhoundAggie:

i love poker, so i think this would be a fun pin

Actually it's a fun pin regardless. (But I'm also a big poker fan).

#267 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Actually it's a fun pin regardless. (But I'm also a big poker fan).

Actually it's a fun pin regardless (and I am not a Poker fan at all!)

#268 5 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Had the same problem on mine, try to adjust the coil bracket. Two washers solved the problem, the plunger kicks different angle

#269 5 years ago

I'm going to have to put some of those poker chips on my WPT.

Looks great!

#270 5 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Go to switch test and make sure the opto right in front of the bars is registering. That is the 'switch' that scores when hitting the bars to raise them. Use a ball pused against the bars to trigger it.

Finally got it sorted out. That opto was being a real bitch. Took the whole thing apart, cleaned the opto's did some tweaking and it still didn't want to work right. Messed with the top half some more and finally got it working.....been working 100% since.

So this is the first time since I bought it that my game has been working 100%. First game 115,871,780 Grand Champion. Just missed getting to the WPT Championship by a couple of hands.

#271 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Finally got it sorted out. That opto was being a real bitch. Took the whole thing apart, cleaned the opto's did some tweaking and it still didn't want to work right. Messed with the top half some more and finally got it working.....been working 100% since.
So this is the first time since I bought it that my game has been working 100%. First game 115,871,780 Grand Champion. Just missed getting to the WPT Championship by a couple of hands.

Congrats on getting your WPT working and for your GC score! Is your game set on factory settings and slope? That is WAY better than I've been able to do in my limited play to date.

#272 5 years ago

I've had Every Chance N the World to buy WPT ,, I played it at a friends house , i didn't care 4 it , so i turned him on 2 the Banker , sold for $ 1500.00 .. Then Banker sold it cause he didn't like it ..

I want to Own it 1 Tyme ... I watch WPT on DirecTV all the Tyme.. I was Watching Lily 2 nite in the Ladies play Off 4 Charity ..

20150110_190445.jpg
20150110_203742.jpg

#273 5 years ago

Congrats on getting your WPT working and for your GC score! Is your game set on factory settings and slope? That is WAY better than I've been able to do in my limited play to date.

All factory except for the outlanes....I have them on the tightest setting.

#274 5 years ago

I found a reference from Steve Ritchie that said that the center bank targets were originally backed by posts and rubber rings instead of the steel bar that came from the factory. My playfield was drilled for that (apparently, they all were) and so I'm heading down that path. But the original location of the posts seems to have changed: the t-nuts around the center bank are a little forward of the marks in the art, but the unused holes are in the original location.

Has anybody tried this?

#275 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm going to have to put some of those poker chips on my WPT.

Looks great!

I am doing this well, I already have the chips if you want some.

#276 5 years ago
Quoted from JesseB:

I am doing this well, I already have the chips if you want some.

Give me a call Jesse.

#277 5 years ago

In the club!!! Can't wait to pretty her up even more!!!

image.jpg
#278 5 years ago

Frig, I'm in Canada, the shipping on every option for the chips is like $70 for a set off ebay!!

If anyone bought a 300 set solely for this, and wants to break up 40-50 or so and willing to ship to me, let me know. I'd love to do this mod.

EDIT - Scratch that found a spot in Toronto.

#279 5 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Frig, I'm in Canada, the shipping on every option for the chips is like $70 for a set off ebay!!
If anyone bought a 300 set solely for this, and wants to break up 40-50 or so and willing to ship to me, let me know. I'd love to do this mod.
EDIT - Scratch that found a spot in Toronto.

I was going to buy some... I'll buy 300 and well split cost (I'll pay my own shipping if any) and then you can pay your own to get up there... I'll ship through my work and get you cheapest deal...

#281 5 years ago

Thanks, I just found a place near me that I ordered 100 of for $20, so I'm good, but I appreciate the offer a lot!

#282 5 years ago

Thought I had a lead on one for sale in Colorado but potential seller decided to keep it. If anyone has one for sale in or near CO. please pm me.

#283 5 years ago

This the one u looking at?

image.jpg
#285 5 years ago

Just blew up my old GC tonight. Got to WPT Championship for the first time....totally blew that mode though as the balls drained one, two, three!

2015_01_19_21_18_41_ProShot.jpg

#286 5 years ago

Awesome Score!

#287 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Just blew up my old GC tonight. Got to WPT Championship for the first time....totally blew that mode though as the balls drained one, two, three!

Most impressive!

I'm not worthy. I'm not worthy.

#288 5 years ago

So in the "Make Jan 31st the WHERESOURCODE Stern!!!" complaint thread, someone mentioned that WPT was amongst the games that Stern never finished the code for. Had never heard of this before and am curious about it. I mean, WPT is usually listed amongst the games with the deepest rulesets - up with TSPP and LOTR. Anyone know of what they're referring to?

I don't own one, but it's on my short list due to it's rule set reputation. Now kinda curious.

#289 5 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

So in the "Make Jan 31st the WHERESOURCODE Stern!!!" complaint thread, someone mentioned that WPT was amongst the games that Stern never finished the code for. Had never heard of this before and am curious about it. I mean, WPT is usually listed amongst the games with the deepest rulesets - up with TSPP and LOTR. Anyone know of what they're referring to?
I don't own one, but it's on my short list due to it's rule set reputation. Now kinda curious.

Interesting. I just listened to Clay Harrell's late 2008 TOPcast interview with Keith Johnson this past week and according to KJ, with the exception of a few minor things, the code for WPT was pretty well completed. As compared to other games that he worked on, it sounded like WPT's code is in good shape.

He also mentioned that he didn't expect that Stern would ever be doing anything further on this game code-wise. I doubt that that has changed at all in the 6+ years since.

#290 5 years ago

Interesting. I just listened to Clay Harrell's late 2008 TOPcast interview with Keith Johnson this past week and according to KJ, with the exception of a few minor things, the code for WPT was pretty well completed. As compared to other games that he worked on, it sounded like WPT's code is in good shape.
He also mentioned that he didn't expect that Stern would ever be doing anything further on this game code-wise. I doubt that that has changed at all in the 6+ years since.

Yeah - seeing it mentioned in that thread was a surprise to me. Googling for a bit doesn't come up with much of anything.

And on the small world front - I grew up in Kitsap county. Port Orchard and Bremerton.

#291 5 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Yeah - seeing it mentioned in that thread was a surprise to me. Googling for a bit doesn't come up with much of anything.
And on the small world front - I grew up in Kitsap county. Port Orchard and Bremerton.

I would say that it is finished. I'm certainly not aware of anything glaring missing. It is deep. I'm really enjoying it. WPT and ST Pro have been my go-to pins lately.

I wonder if they were referring to the hardware change that Steve Ritchie recommends? Removing the rear gate to allow the ball to flow all the way around the perimeter without getting caught up in the pops? There is also a feature adjustment to go along with that. But I'd say the actual code is good.

#292 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I would say that it is finished. I'm certainly not aware of anything glaring missing. It is deep. I'm really enjoying it. WPT and ST Pro have been my go-to pins lately.
I wonder if they were referring to the hardware change that Steve Ritchie recommends? Removing the rear gate to allow the ball to flow all the way around the perimeter without getting caught up in the pops? There is also a feature adjustment to go along with that. But I'd say the actual code is good.

I think there is a sound bug (or two) such as there is no sound effect for choosing the "skill flip" skill shot and actually making it (that is your punishment for choosing poorly I guess).

That's all I can think of at the moment.

A big difference between Lyman's games and Keith's of this era (and I assume to this day) that I can think of is the instant info is surprisingly comprehensive, rather than missing stuff that you think would be obvious to a tournament or even casually serious player. So props for that.

#293 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Got to WPT Championship for the first time....totally blew that mode though as the balls drained one, two, three!

haha I've got to it now aboutt 4 times, and have blown it each time. Usually getting to something big the first time you are just happy to be there, and after that you sort of figure it out. I guess I'm a slow learner.

1 week later
#294 4 years ago

I just picked up a WPT and I need to replace all the rubbers on the game. Does anyone have a list of rubbers for this game? I can't seam to find a list in the manual.
Edit: I just found the list online so I'm good for that.

Also, I need an alternate translite. I don't want the ebay one with the chick so does anyone have another one they want to part with.

Thanks.

QSS

#295 4 years ago

Give it some time. I love the chick on the original, love the dress, don't even notice the bad. Again, I see two things only in it - ever, and I like those two things!

#296 4 years ago

Hi Guys! First post, but been around over the years...

Bought a NIB WPT back in the day... So "I'm in"... Was reading here the other day about the alternate translites, for obvious reasons, haha... Anyway, after not really caring for the current choices, I decided to take the plunge and design my own. I've kind of done all I can at this point, but thought it would be great to get some feedback...

I tried Courtney's hair under the letters and over... seemed to me that over gives it more of a 3D look.

WPT Alternate Translite Design

#297 4 years ago

I love it but damit, I just can't put that in my basement with my 14 year old daughter and wife in the house. That just wouldn't fly.

I do really like it though.

QSS

#298 4 years ago

I here that, as my daughter was about the same age when I got this... Here's a "quickie", maybe more in line. Maybe I'll work this one up real nice in the near future.

wpta.jpg
#299 4 years ago

My image of an alternate WPT translite might have something like the Belagio on it or perhaps a huge stack of cash with a trophey. I do like the one with the Eiffel Tower and the Vegas strip on it.

I thought Aurich was threatening to make us a nice WPT translite at some point.

Aurich? Please!

QSS

#300 4 years ago

I'm trying to get a friend of mine to design an alternate translite, hopefully that'll happen because I'd really like to get one for my WPT. I'll let you guys know if it happens.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
There are 909 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 19.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside