D1800BFC-7FC5-44C7-A5D9-F4EED8EC0AA5 (resized).jpeg
8C85BFCF-7AFE-4DB3-A70B-4DB0313A10E4 (resized).jpeg
286323460_757367712301053_7458703656827351659_n (resized).jpg
detail (resized).jpg
IMG_6891 (resized).JPG
Coil on shooter lane (resized).jpg
IMG_0381 (resized).JPG
IMG_20220202_123229.jpg
There are 1,216 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 25.
#201 9 years ago

Hey guys just joined the club last weekend and the few times I have played I've loved it. Any mods, code updates, etc, etc that I could add to make this thing awesome would be greatly appreciated.

I do have one question, how can I fix the chrome plastic around the backbox, mine looks a little scratched up??

#202 9 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

Hey guys just joined the club last weekend and the few times I have played I've loved it. Any mods, code updates, etc, etc that I could add to make this thing awesome would be greatly appreciated.
I do have one question, how can I fix the chrome plastic around the backbox, mine looks a little scratched up??

Change the settings so that the posts only catch for the river, and allow the ball to flow for the other two.

Remove the back wire gate to allow for right orbit shots.

Both of these dramatically change the game flow and make it much more fun. The gate to me is a head scratcher, as if there was a reason SR was thinking about for getting a ball to the pops for whatever rules would come about, the hurry up drop or the scoop kickout is a much better execution for this.

I just fail to see what else it was installed for.

#203 9 years ago

Has anyone asked him?

#204 9 years ago

The gate was a Garyism. Wanted the ball in the bumpers more.

You light spin-a-card from the left inlane. I swear we put this on the pf somewhere but I don't see it.

#205 9 years ago

A cheap/cool WPT mod (think I also saw one years ago): Cut the back and top/bottom off the box for a deck of cards, adhere it to the card deck over the right entrance to the upper pf. Gives more of a poker feel to the game.

#206 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

I found it strange too for mine: bought it summer 2013... you could not but notice this reset problem. Happened randomly but quite often - initially during multi ball, then anytime -.
Fortunately zero issue since board swap. Take pictures and send them to Patrick Powers at Stern.

I just brought one home yesterday and this is exactly what is happening. It reset once during multi-ball shortly after I plugged it in for the first time, but then I probably had 25 games with no problem. Now when I play this morning it's happening every other game.

I contacted stern, hopefully I can swap my board out.

#207 9 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

You can buy new t-molding here: http://www.t-molding.com/store/home.php?cat=3

#208 9 years ago

Have a WPT in good shape for 2400 in FL if anyone interested.

#209 9 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

A cheap/cool WPT mod (think I also saw one years ago): Cut the back and top/bottom off the box for a deck of cards, adhere it to the card deck over the right entrance to the upper pf. Gives more of a poker feel to the game.

pictures?

1 week later
#210 9 years ago

Talked to Stern and they are going to replace my board for free. Even though it's their fault, it's still impressive that they are willing to swap boards on a 8yo game

#211 9 years ago

What is the size of the flipper rubbers on the upper playfield?

2 weeks later
#212 9 years ago

WPT is in the house!

Picked it up during Dayhuff's party and tamoore and Zampinator helped me haul it down to my basement after midnight when we got back!

Checked it out briefly last night and everything looked pretty good. I found this on eBay but made the seller (an operator) an offer by email. So I was kind of gambling on this one (pun intended).

Got lucky and everything was as described. No credit dot and everything works. Playfield is perfect and it even included a FULL vinyl sticker kit including all of the drop targets....not that any of them are needed.

Could use new rubber and a Cointaker kit but other than that it's good to go. Oh, I do need to do the upper gate removal mod.....easy enough.

I have a TON to learn but I think I'm going to like this one.

WP_20141102_12_31_30_Pro.jpgWP_20141102_12_31_30_Pro.jpg

#213 9 years ago
Quoted from asay:

I just brought one home yesterday and this is exactly what is happening. It reset once during multi-ball shortly after I plugged it in for the first time, but then I probably had 25 games with no problem. Now when I play this morning it's happening every other game.
I contacted stern, hopefully I can swap my board out.

Quoted from asay:

Talked to Stern and they are going to replace my board for free. Even though it's their fault, it's still impressive that they are willing to swap boards on a 8yo game

Stern is good with tech assistance and replacement parts, no question. The most common cause of resets is the power connector at the bottom left of the CPU. It gets toasty and crisp. The next is the bridge 21 on whitestar games, but not sure if it is on SAM, I haven't had a lot of issues or need to delve into whatever differences the two types of systems have.

#214 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

WPT is in the house!
Picked it up during Dayhuff's party and tamoore and Zampinator helped me haul it down to my basement after midnight when we got back!
Checked it out briefly last night and everything looked pretty good. I found this on eBay but made the seller (an operator) an offer by email. So I was kind of gambling on this one (pun intended).
Got lucky and everything was as described. No credit dot and everything works. Playfield is perfect and it even included a FULL vinyl sticker kit including all of the drop targets....not that any of them are needed.
Could use new rubber and a Cointaker kit but other than that it's good to go. Oh, I do need to do the upper gate removal mod.....easy enough.
I have a TON to learn but I think I'm going to like this one.

WP_20141102_12_31_30_Pro.jpg 139 KB

Congrats, and welcome to the club! You just bought one of the all time sleeper pins! Great targets to shoot for, & tons of scoring strategies. Enjoy, & good luck getting to the WPT Championship & the Kiefer Invitational!

#215 9 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

good luck getting to the WPT Championship...

Been there twice... in 18 months.

Quoted from Zampinator:

...& the Kiefer Invitational!

Never been there! Good to have a holy Grail.

#216 9 years ago

So I played WPT tonight determined to gear my games towards getting the KI. First game wasn’t bad, 210m, poker wizard, but second last city prior to starting WP Championship.

Had an issue with the left ramp post sticking when it was supposed to go down to release ball (common from what I have seen), so decided I would tackle that, as I was meaning to take apart and put a stronger spring in. I did this, and stretched out a sys11 flipper spring, and this completely fixed the issue. The original spring was useless, there is no strength in that, I’m guessing others likely need to do this fix as well. I also installed a socket to light up the CTC shot, as I cannot see this and aim properly for it.

Played another game, Poker Wizard, which I seem to do most games nwo, and WP Championship finally! I thought after the last city, the championship was lit, and you have to score an additional 7 hands or whatever it’s up to by that point, but was happy to see once you finish the last city it just goes into this. I didn’t know what I was doing, and thought I must have been close to the KI, but totally forgot to look through the status.

I’m not sure if I was, but I had side pots up to 1m, and was rocking everything else, still, just shy of my GC with 252m.

What exactly is needed for the KI? I feel I was really close tonight.

#217 9 years ago

Mine is torn down right now for a shop job. Installed a full Cointaker non-ghosting kit and I'm also putting in some new plastics and Pinball Life "BriteCaps" pop bumper caps (in clear).

#218 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

So I played WPT tonight determined to gear my games towards getting the KI. First game wasn’t bad, 210m, poker wizard, but second last city prior to starting WP Championship.
Had an issue with the left ramp post sticking when it was supposed to go down to release ball (common from what I have seen), so decided I would tackle that, as I was meaning to take apart and put a stronger spring in. I did this, and stretched out a sys11 flipper spring, and this completely fixed the issue. The original spring was useless, there is no strength in that, I’m guessing others likely need to do this fix as well. I also installed a socket to light up the CTC shot, as I cannot see this and aim properly for it.
Played another game, Poker Wizard, which I seem to do most games nwo, and WP Championship finally! I thought after the last city, the championship was lit, and you have to score an additional 7 hands or whatever it’s up to by that point, but was happy to see once you finish the last city it just goes into this. I didn’t know what I was doing, and thought I must have been close to the KI, but totally forgot to look through the status.
I’m not sure if I was, but I had side pots up to 1m, and was rocking everything else, still, just shy of my GC with 252m.
What exactly is needed for the KI? I feel I was really close tonight.

Hold the button in for the KI requirements. Besides Wizard and Championship, you need 25M from pretty much each multiball and 25M in hurry-ups, plus maybe a couple of more things.

BTW, what setting is your game on? Championship and Wizard aren't that easy on factory/med and hard settings. (Mine's on Hard.) Easy is a *lot* easier as you need fewer cities, Poker Corner is easier to relight, multiballs much easier to start, etc.

For a hoot, put it on extra-easy 5-ball and have a multiball marathon!

#219 9 years ago

I have it on factory, med outlanes. I'm not setting anything to 5 ball, feels like cheating.

#220 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I have it on factory, med outlanes. I'm not setting anything to 5 ball, feels like cheating.

5-ball is just for the multiball fest on extra-easy. Mine is currently Hard, no EBs, no outlane posts (but I may put them back in the wide location).

#221 9 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

5-ball is just for the multiball fest on extra-easy. Mine is currently Hard, no EBs, no outlane posts (but I may put them back in the wide location).

I don't get that, I can't imagine you would ever get to the final with the posts out. I know some competition players do this as some tournaments/games have these removed, and for consistency purposes, they remove them as well. Other than that, the playing field needs to be somewhat capable/level for a long epic ruleset in order to stand a chance.

There are few games I will ever set to the hard post locations, and they are always games that are too simple in nature as well as too easy to get to everything quickly. I did this with a DE Batman I had for example, great third jackpot in that game, but you have to make it super hard with short ball times to make the game a challenge.

#222 9 years ago

Can I be an honorary member of the club? I bought a nos playfield that I am shooting with clear right now in the anticipation that I someday own a WPT

#223 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Mine is torn down right now for a shop job. Installed a full Cointaker non-ghosting kit and I'm also putting in some new plastics and Pinball Life "BriteCaps" pop bumper caps (in clear).

Post pics when your done please. I'm interested in the pop bumper caps. Thanks

#224 9 years ago

Has anyone replaced the music in WPT using the pinball browser?

#225 9 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

Has anyone replaced the music in WPT using the pinball browser?

Aurium here is a dj, and made me a version with his music, but I have yet to upload it to the game. I need to though as the overall music and atmosphere is so boring for this game, not great given the deep rule set you need to grind through, need awesome epic music to assist!

#226 9 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Post pics when your done please. I'm interested in the pop bumper caps. Thanks

After reading the various Pinside WPT threads along with other online info/videos, I picked one up a couple of weeks ago. I'm getting set to add numerous upgrades to it including the BriteCaps as well. I purchased one red, one blue, and one clear and am hoping to enhance them with the WPT theme. I'll post pics when done.

- Tim

#227 9 years ago

Cool idea going with the different colors!

#228 9 years ago

New rubber, new plastics, new lights.......cleaned & waxed.

WP_20141111_21_20_09_Pro-400.jpgWP_20141111_21_20_09_Pro-400.jpg

I really like the new "BriteCaps" pop caps from Pinball Life, really helps light up the upper playfield area.

#229 9 years ago

That looks great! Love the pop caps!

#230 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I really like the new "BriteCaps" pop caps from Pinball Life, really helps light up the upper playfield area.

I might have to do that to mine...looks great!

1 week later
#231 9 years ago

Okay I think something is not working right on mine. How do you lock the ball in the upper playfield? I thought you bash it twice and then can lock it. Not on mine, you can hit it all day but the only time it locks the ball is after I get awarded "raise gates" on the " cut the deck" shot. When that happens it does raise the pins and then locks the ball.

#232 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Okay I think something is not working right on mine. How do you lock the ball in the upper playfield? I thought you bash it twice and then can lock it. Not on mine, you can hit it all day but the only time it locks the ball is after I get awarded "raise gates" on the " cut the deck" shot. When that happens it does raise the pins and then locks the ball.

Anyone?

#233 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Go to switch test and make sure the opto right in front of the bars is registering. That is the 'switch' that scores when hitting the bars to raise them. Use a ball pused against the bars to trigger it.

#234 9 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Go to switch test and make sure the opto right in front of the bars is registering. That is the 'switch' that scores when hitting the bars to raise them. Use a ball pused against the bars to trigger it.

The other possibility is that your difficulty setting for the "jail" is quite high, and you need to start a Poker Corner mode in order to qualify hits to the bars. Check your settings. Factory settings would be for the bars to be ready at game start, and then once AITH multiball has been played once, you need to start a Poker Corner mode to requalify the bars again.

#235 9 years ago

If it turns out your opto is spotty, remove the upper play field and clean/polish it. It can get really foggy from scratches and block the opto beam.

2 weeks later
#236 9 years ago
Quoted from asay:

If it turns out your opto is spotty, remove the upper play field and clean/polish it. It can get really foggy from scratches and block the opto beam.

I had to do this. I fixed it but I cracked two plastics on the top left when they caught the edge of the cabinet when I was raising it out. I hated myself for that because this machine is in pretty nice shape. If anyone has some spare plastics they are willing to sell, let me know.

#237 9 years ago
Quoted from Det_Deckard:

I had to do this. I fixed it but I cracked two plastics on the top left when they caught the edge of the cabinet when I was raising it out. I hated myself for that because this machine is in pretty nice shape. If anyone has some spare plastics they are willing to sell, let me know.

I hear it is a pain to remove. Mine is in terrible shape so I need to take it off and polish it soon.

#238 9 years ago
Quoted from asay:

I hear it is a pain to remove. Mine is in terrible shape so I need to take it off and polish it soon.

This isn't the clearplayfield. It is the two plastics in the top left corner. I should have just asked for help than picking it up myself. For some reason, taking out a playfield and setting in a playfield on sterns has always been more a pain in the ass for me than the williams machines I have. Maybe, I am doing something dumb. I don't know.

#239 9 years ago

Has anyone tried flame polishing their mini PF? Not sure if it's possible for this.

#240 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Not sure if it's possible for this.

Why wouldn't it be?

#241 9 years ago
Quoted from asay:

Why wouldn't it be?

I don't believe it's made of the same material as ramps for example, not sure if this material reacts the same.

#242 9 years ago

I'm in. I've had the game for about a month or so and just installed some mirror blades today. They look great! Here's some before and after pictures.
IMG_20141227_133148_702.jpgIMG_20141227_133148_702.jpg
IMG_20141227_141049_450.jpgIMG_20141227_141049_450.jpg
IMG_20141227_133201_952.jpgIMG_20141227_133201_952.jpg
IMG_20141227_141100_071.jpgIMG_20141227_141100_071.jpg

#243 9 years ago

But are you *all* in?

#244 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Has anyone tried flame polishing their mini PF? Not sure if it's possible for this.

I read on RGP that you can't. The plastic is something that is very hard but once it is scratched it is scratched and it can't be flame polished. LTG I think it was just said that if it is in good shape don't worry about it in home use. I know you can get new ones for 60-70 dollars.

#245 9 years ago

I've been a WPT fan since seeing and playing it for the first time at Tony Middendorf's place a couple years ago.

#246 9 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

I've been a WPT fan since seeing and playing it for the first time at Tony Middendorf's place a couple years ago.

It is a good game. I turned the corner on it after giving it one last go before thinking bout selling or trading it. It is a very well put together game. The only thing I get tired of is the pop up targets needing be tweeked. But, I would say that this game should be in the least a top 50 or in my opinion a top 25.

#247 9 years ago
Quoted from Det_Deckard:

It is a good game. I turned the corner on it after giving it one last go before thinking bout selling or trading it. It is a very well put together game. The only thing I get tired of is the pop up targets needing be tweeked. But, I would say that this game should be in the least a top 50 or in my opinion a top 25.

I'd say it's probably my favorite Keith Johnson game. It's very complex but it also doesn't feel too out of reach nor does it feel too difficult to understand.

#248 9 years ago

So I have the tournament button on the lockdown bar, it doesnt seem connected to anything. What do i do to get this thing going??

#249 9 years ago
Quoted from Det_Deckard:

The only thing I get tired of is the pop up targets needing be tweeked.

If you follow the Service Bulletin on Stern's website regarding the drop target assemblies modification, there's no more tweaking necessary. Yes, you need to do all of them, but once it's done, it's done.

#250 9 years ago

Got 339M tonight, Poker Wizard, WPT Championship, finally beat chip trick (should be easy, but I haven't been able to until tonight), but and had everything qualified for the KI other than the points needed for the two point total things.

...then my wife bitched at me for something and I lost my last ball. It became apparent I need a inside lock on the gamesroom.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Trade
Machine - For Sale
Warwick, RI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,216 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-poker-tour-pinball-club/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.