Topic Stats

• 905 posts
  • 166 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 53 days ago by HankScorpio
  • Topic is favorited by 76 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 215 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

C6E63632-2835-4DFB-AD6F-CAD61F099E5B (resized).png
89702E25-C994-40F0-B8F7-7A041FF1F4D0 (resized).jpeg
20190929_133501 (resized).jpg
20190927_125706 (resized).jpg
20190927_125657 (resized).jpg
20190927_111521 (resized).jpg
20190613_192040 (resized).jpg
20190613_192107 (resized).jpg
20190613_192053 (resized).jpg
EFEF74B2-49F3-4E2B-A394-87047E2B4D34.jpeg
8EC65A77-9D77-42AE-99AC-A628AA1575AE.jpeg
53C00FDA-7A4B-4C0D-BB2D-5A93BA02E714.jpeg
AC07ACBD-6499-4CFC-BE90-5DC7F7C90524.jpeg
IMG_20190518_022848 (resized).jpg
Bladeb (resized).jpg
Bladea (resized).jpg

There are 905 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 19.
#151 5 years ago

Maybe the most underrated pin in the last 20 years.
I love mine, and it's staying forever...and I say that about very, very few pins.

All the best of both pin worlds, in one great title.

#152 5 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

Maybe the most underrated pin in the last 20 years.
I love mine, and it's staying forever...and I say that about very, very few pins.
All the best of both pin worlds, in one great title.

Exactly. Maybe all 3 worlds? Modern pins with fast ramps/lanes/orbits, classic EMs with open pf and lots of drop targets, and oldschool EM with 2" flippers?

I just played a game, with controlled strategy in mind (not easy as I just adjusted the slings to be sensitive, replaced flipper rubbers and put superbands on the small flippers, and cleaned/waxed the pf!). Really got some points by saving the locked AitH ball until I started Change Gears, then went up the ramp to start multiball. Also, using a 3x shot when you complete a city gives big points (and I even got a bonus flush once!). Wound up with 74M, a decent score for me. Especially with bouncy flippers and hyperactive slings.

I also think that WPT might be the single best game for improving overall pin skills. It has lots of shots (2" flipper action, LONG ramp/orbit/lane shots--which makes the typical shorter ones seem easier, lots of drop targets to develop accuracy in all directions, fast orbits, tons of subtle rules so you really need to know and use strategy, etc.). For example, there are 2 ways to get to the upper pf: the Cut the Cards shot and the right ramp. Only one of them advances the holdem hand. This is important. Especially because you can get a direct feed to the 3x shot on the left inlane/flipper from th e upper pf, to set up a 3x holdem hand finish.

Maybe a topic on this would be interesting. I'm curious what others may think is a good pin for improving overall pinball skills is, and why.

#153 5 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Maybe a topic on this would be interesting. I'm curious what others may think is a good pin for improving overall pinball skills is, and why.

I've always considered AFM to be a good game for improving your flipper skills for many of the same reasons you just listed for WPT. It's a two flipper game with a wide open playfield, fast orbits, and long shots.

#154 5 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Good question.
Iron Man is a real good skill teaching pin IMHO.
6 way lane change, the modes, earning the red Fast Scoring targets before wiping out War Monger for the main multiball is big, one of the hardest Stern pins to hit the ramps, losing everything between balls, I could go on and on.

Old school - mostly anything Bally 1978-1981 will make you a better player.

#155 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I've always considered AFM to be a good game for improving your flipper skills for many of the same reasons you just listed for WPT. It's a two flipper game with a wide open playfield, fast orbits, and long shots.

WPT is basically AFM with drop targets. It's the same PF, with ramps leading to different things, but changed up very nicely. Even the city inserts are the same and in the middle of the PF. I wrote a review noting this, and normally not a fan of borrowed design (cough… borg), but using the rear end shot map of AFM, added with the mini PF that is clear, and still having the entire open mid to lower area to pick off drops was a great idea all in all. I think the end result of this PF is quite genius.

What are you guys taking about preferring to start the MB from the mini as well? It's only AITH you can start up there isn't it?

By the way C2S - TSPP also starts the main MB the same way, only from the mini

#156 5 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

By the way C2S - TSPP also starts the main MB the same way, only from the mini

I think what they mean you can start it first thing, before the ball even gets to the lower flippers if you are making that a goal and on your game.

#157 5 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I think what they mean you can start it first thing, before the ball even gets to the lower flippers if you are making that a goal and on your game.

Yup. The AItH is the MB started from up top. But again, I think it is better to avoid starting it until you want to stack it with a poker corner mode or another MB. Also, that makes the upper pf even trickier: trying to hit standups and get hurry-ups while avoiding the trapped ball!

Interesting comments on skill titles above. Never thought about it, but WPT really *is* like AFM for the main shots. But the drops add a lot more, as does the mini-pf (with 2" flipper practice). And there's no comparison on the rules. WPT forces you to know and use the rules to your advantage to get those bigger points.

#158 5 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Yup. The AItH is the MB started from up top. But again, I think it is better to avoid starting it until you want to stack it with a poker corner mode or another MB. Also, that makes the upper pf even trickier: trying to hit standups and get hurry-ups while avoiding the trapped ball!
Interesting comments on skill titles above. Never thought about it, but WPT really *is* like AFM for the main shots. But the drops add a lot more, as does the mini-pf (with 2" flipper practice). And there's no comparison on the rules. WPT forces you to know and use the rules to your advantage to get those bigger points.

I agree, if you are shooting for points an early AiTH does not seem that helpful due to how lucrative strategic stacking is. But it is awesome to do on occasion.

Random shout out to the "spot the tell" mode. I still enjoy making that my primary single ball mode after a year plus of ownership.

#159 5 years ago

Hmmm. Again, I have only had this for 6 weeks, and don't want to ruin it by learning all the rules in a rulesheet yet, but I had been playing AITH immmediately, locking one back in there, then playing on. The reason is you can't unlock AITH again until a mode is played.

I guess I never tested to see if you started AITH after you started a mode, if once the mode is complete, AITH is now ready again, or if you have to start another poker challenge.

Quoted from StevenP:

Interesting comments on skill titles above. Never thought about it, but WPT really *is* like AFM for the main shots.

I was surprised when I got it (having AFM also), that no one really does comment on this anywhere. I really like AFM for what it is, a super fast snappy fun game (worth the value... meh, are any wpc95s?), but what is added to this design in WPT really takes a cool design and three folds it.

I think I'm going to use that song software and change the main song though. I need to make the ride a little more exciting. The rules rock, the sounds and light show is decent, I think it's the music that makes the feel a little lack luster.

Has anyone got into the rules of HRC? Given it's another Keith machine, is the code there deep there too, and another hidden gem for us that are fans of his software?

#160 5 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Hmmm. Again, I have only had this for 6 weeks, and don't want to ruin it by learning all the rules in a rulesheet yet, but I had been playing AITH immediately, locking one back in there, then playing on.

I think you will find if you wait to stack AitH multiball with other multiballs and modes that it will open up a whole new world of scoring to you. I never purposely start AitH multiball by itself. It's just not that lucrative unless it is stacked with something.

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Hmmm. Again, I have only had this for 6 weeks, and don't want to ruin it by learning all the rules in a rulesheet yet, but I had been playing AITH immmediately, locking one back in there, then playing on. The reason is you can't unlock AITH again until a mode is played.
I guess I never tested to see if you started AITH after you started a mode, if once the mode is complete, AITH is now ready again, or if you have to start another poker challenge.

After playing AitH MB and then hitting the bars, the display says you need to start a Poker Corner mode first before re-locking a ball. If the Poker Corner insert isn't lit (it's the long scoop between the top drops and the right ramp--a cool, backhandable shot!), then you need to finish a holdem hand to re-light it.

I wish someone could explain the Chip Tricks in detail. Seems like there's a multiplier for them that cn build after certain shots are made; Keefer commented on this at one point. But I still don't really understand exactly how the tricks work, to maximize points there...

Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Random shout out to the "spot the tell" mode. I still enjoy making that my primary single ball mode after a year plus of ownership.

Spot the Tell and Play the Button are good single-ball modes, as you want to pick off specific shots for each.

**Spoiler(?) Alert** Didja know you can start a multiball (All-In) just by wailing on the spinners without completing the holdem hand?

#162 5 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I wish someone could explain the Chip Tricks in detail. Seems like there's a multiplier for them that cn build after certain shots are made; Keefer commented on this at one point. But I still don't really understand exactly how the tricks work, to maximize points there...

That's one of the few aspects of the game that I don't fully understand either. Here's Keefer's post from a year ago ...

Quoted from pinball_keefer:

The benefit to removing the gate (other than the added flow) is that your chip trick multipliers will rise (assuming you make the full orbit) and making a full orbit will (re)light the right-side chip tricks. Also, full orbits count as "previous shots" so the chip trick value on your next shot goes up double (as opposed to going up single values when lit from only an inlane).

This might actually be kind of confusing so let me explain it better: Each chip trick adds a certain amount to the trick value (25-50K depending on shot difficulty... I think left orbit is probably easiest so it adds 25K to chip trick value, and the hardest is considered the bumper popper which adds 50K). If the ball is bouncing around and goes down an inlane, then any lit chip trick will increase the value by this single amount. If you made a shot first that results in lighting chip tricks (regardless of whether the shot made scored a chip trick or not), then any made chip trick will add 2x the amount to the value (so right orbit->bumper popper cause the popper to add 100K to the value). Consecutive chip tricks increase the multiplier. Draining from the upper playfield does count as a "previous shot" in terms of the next shot adding 2x. Also, if you make the right ramp chip trick and then let the ball drain immediately instead of using the upper flippers, then your current trick multiplier will stay intact. It's probably pretty rare you would want to do this, but it is possible for the chip trick value to get quite high, so it could be to your advantage at some point.

#163 5 years ago

Sad to report, but my WPT is now a drain monster. Even have the outlane posts in lowest hole. But cleaned pf, sensitive slings, superbands on the small flippers--the ball screams around and seems to be fired directly into the outlanes frequently at high velocity. Seriously, the game just got very hard to control; any missed shot or drop target shot is trouble.

#164 5 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Sad to report, but my WPT is now a drain monster. Even have the outlane posts in lowest hole. But cleaned pf, sensitive slings, superbands on the small flippers--the ball screams around and seems to be fired directly into the outlanes frequently at high velocity. Seriously, the game just got very hard to control; any missed shot or drop target shot is trouble.

That's not normal?

#165 5 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Sad to report, but my WPT is now a drain monster.

Try changing inclination? My WPT is unforgiving, but not as bad as Iron Man...

#166 5 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I have TSPP and LOTR, and I have noticed that no question, WPT has more drain potential than those two, but I wouldn't say it's a drain whore. I have mine on the middle posts, but given the PF is as open as it is, you get ample (dare I so more than any other game?) time to see the ball heading in that direction, and thus can nudge accordingly. It's of course hard on MB's, but really in pretty much every machine you are flailing until you can cradle one, maybe two balls on a side, and start picking shots.

I don't aim for any drops unless I'm in MB, or it's really lucrative, and that's a general strategy for any machine. They are just too dangerous and unpredictable. This game lures you to take that risk all too much, which is another great design.

I've removed the rear left gate, and talked to Keith about this before hand, and I wanted to make sure I wasn't screwing myself or making the game too easy. It really just speeds up how many times you get AI MB, which comes a lot now. With this, the left orbit comes back safely to the right flipper for a dead pass or catch, the right orbit now seems to hit something coming out of the left side and come back to the right flippers as well, same deal in dealing with it, both ramps, scoop and CTC shots are all safe, with the exit from the pops more or less always falling to a controllable spot in the flippers. In other words, unless you get tangle up flailing around the main PF (the "danger zone" ala Archer we'll call this ), all shots to the rear return very safe.

I learned early on with Keith's rules, when I first learned to calm down and control TSPP, that you really have to slow the game down and pick your shots.

#167 5 years ago

Simple mod that I'm pretty happy with. Really lights up the area under the upper playfield
20140823_143703.jpg
20140823_143720.jpg

#168 5 years ago

Got up early and played a couple rounds, had my best game of 207m, completed all modes for the pokerwizard MB, really enjoyed the machine today!

Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

1.) Mirror blades look awesome in WPT
2.) http://www.t-molding.com
5.) triple score!!

image-858.jpg 283 KB

How did you light the additional side plastics? Doesn't look like enough room for a socket in there.

#169 5 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Try changing inclination? My WPT is unforgiving, but not as bad as Iron Man...

I think I'll just work on playing better. Brutal as it is!

Here's one lucrative strategy: lock the AitH ball and then avoid it. Get all 3 locks lit, lock 2 balls. Finish 1 holdem hand to light Poker Corner. Then trap ball on left flipper, select Change Gears with right button, shoot scoop to start CG and MB. Focus on upper pf when balls are launched to stack AitH MB. Score mega points!

#170 5 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I have TSPP and LOTR, and I have noticed that no question, WPT has more drain potential than those two, but I wouldn't say it's a drain whore. I have mine on the middle posts, but given the PF is as open as it is, you get ample (dare I so more than any other game?) time to see the ball heading in that direction, and thus can nudge accordingly. It's of course hard on MB's, but really in pretty much every machine you are flailing until you can cradle one, maybe two balls on a side, and start picking shots.
I don't aim for any drops unless I'm in MB, or it's really lucrative, and that's a general strategy for any machine. They are just too dangerous and unpredictable. This game lures you to take that risk all too much, which is another great design.
I've removed the rear left gate, and talked to Keith about this before hand, and I wanted to make sure I wasn't screwing myself or making the game too easy. It really just speeds up how many times you get AI MB, which comes a lot now. With this, the left orbit comes back safely to the right flipper for a dead pass or catch, the right orbit now seems to hit something coming out of the left side and come back to the right flippers as well, same deal in dealing with it, both ramps, scoop and CTC shots are all safe, with the exit from the pops more or less always falling to a controllable spot in the flippers. In other words, unless you get tangle up flailing around the main PF (the "danger zone" ala Archer we'll call this ), all shots to the rear return very safe.
I learned early on with Keith's rules, when I first learned to calm down and control TSPP, that you really have to slow the game down and pick your shots.

For some reason, my tweaked slings are really brutal now. No time to affect the ball rocketing into the outlanes! But, your right orbit should also go around cleanly. My orbits are pretty fast, rubber bouncy, so catching orbits is tricky and a brush against the slings sets them off! Had a couple of games with great setups last night, but brutal drains ended them both. BTW, superbands on the small flippers makes the upper pf really hard to control and very challenging! Even with black side rubbers.

This is really a great pin, easily one of the best ever made. And it gets no respect.

#171 5 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

This is really a great pin, easily one of the best ever made. And it gets no respect.

It gets an appropriate amount of respect from those who have played it a bunch. As I have said previously it does one of the worst jobs I can think of endearing itself to casual pinball players, poker fans, and even hardcore pinheads.

However if you actually learn the rules, it is the best bang for your buck game I can think of based on the usual going rate.

I have seen multiple posts from people over the years who don't grasp the rules of games in their own collection (much simpler games like whitewater). So I find it unsurprising this game was given as hard a cold shoulder as it was at launch.

Makes me wonder what I am missing when I am playing a random game I am unfamiliar with and kind of sighing that "there's not much interesting to do". There might be a galaxy of stuff I am unaware of.

#172 5 years ago

**Spoiler(?) Alert** Didja know you can start a multiball (All-In) just by wailing on the spinners without completing the holdem hand?

Yes. I discovered this by accident, i think it's like 10 orbits to start mode, but I could be wrong.

#173 5 years ago

Has anyone updated the WPT roms with new music using the pinball browser and have an image they wish to share?

#174 5 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Has anyone updated the WPT roms with new music using the pinball browser and have an image they wish to share?

I have been tempted to do this, we'll see if I do it this winter

If someone has one that they want "feedback" on, please sent it

#175 5 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Yes, it starts by default when you get the basic hand value up to 750,000. It goes up for subsequent starts.

It is very easy to start if you use a 3x multiplier spinner shot or two. I find I often might miss when using a 3x multiplier to complete a critical hand, and at least it went towards starting this multiball...

#176 5 years ago

The value that the spinner adds to the main pot goes up every poker hand too (starts at 5K/spin, probably goes up 500/hand), so if you ignore all-in you will get it without even trying in a later hand.

Personally I really enjoy the NL-AITH-AI stack. Pound on those spinners a few times at the start of AI in order to get your jackpot value up higher quicker (+1000/switch).

#177 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

The value that the spinner adds to the main pot goes up every poker hand too (starts at 5K/spin, probably goes up 500/hand), so if you ignore all-in you will get it without even trying in a later hand.
Personally I really enjoy the NL-AITH-AI stack. Pound on those spinners a few times at the start of AI in order to get your jackpot value up higher quicker (+1000/switch).

Can you start AI after starting NL? (I just don't seem to notice that or hit too many ramps!) I can see that being lucrative.

#178 5 years ago

Keith - did you pick the music?

#180 5 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Can you start AI after starting NL?

No, AI has to be before NL. AITH can be 1st 2nd or 3rd.

Quoted from Atomicboy:

Keith - did you pick the music?

Music is all Chris.

#181 5 years ago

2014-08-16 17.41.14.png
Had WPT for a couple of weeks now and just wanted to share the speaker mod I've added.
Been after a WPT for some time and have to say I am not disappointed with it.

#182 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Had WPT for a couple of weeks now and just wanted to share the speaker mod I've added.
Been after a WPT for some time and have to say I am not disappointed with it.

Where is the speaker mod available? Looks great

#183 5 years ago
Quoted from JesseB:

Where is the speaker mod available? Looks great

Custom made by a friend.

#184 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Custom made by a friend.

Does this friend have a paypal account

I am sure others are interested, I understand if there is not a financial interest in making more.

#185 5 years ago

I would be interested as well. Let us know...

Quoted from BC_Gambit:Does this friend have a paypal account

I am sure others are interested, I understand if there is not a financial interest in making more.

+1
Let us know

#186 5 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Simple mod that I'm pretty happy with. Really lights up the area under the upper playfield

20140823_143720.jpg 259 KB

20140823_143703.jpg 158 KB

Where did you buy these from? I'm interested in making the upper playfield a little brighter. Thanks

#187 5 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

20140823_143720.jpg 259 KB

20140823_143703.jpg 158 KB

An interesting mod, indeed. That's actually somewhat appealing, I must admit.

Now, ON TO THE SCOLDING! Do you honestly mean to tell me that you took off the *entire upper playfield* and didn't bother to change the bumper area rubber from black to white? Do you *hate* your machine or something? It's made all the more blatantly obvious and offensive by the fact that you've changed the other observable rubber from black to white, especially on the upper playfield itself.

Why, why, *WHY* would you not change the entire playfield rubber to white?

#188 5 years ago
Quoted from boagman:

Now, ON TO THE SCOLDING! Do you honestly mean to tell me that you took off the *entire upper playfield* and didn't bother to change the bumper area rubber from black to white? Do you *hate* your machine or something? It's made all the more blatantly obvious and offensive by the fact that you've changed the other observable rubber from black to white, especially on the upper playfield itself.

Why, why, *WHY* would you not change the entire playfield rubber to white?

Mine is white, but suppose I can understand the logic behind keeping the rubber below the mini playfield black. It's not like it really has any effect on gameplay, and it won't show the dirt like the white rubber does.

#189 5 years ago
Quoted from boagman:

Now, ON TO THE SCOLDING! Do you honestly mean to tell me that you took off the *entire upper playfield* and didn't bother to change the bumper area rubber from black to white?

Hah, honestly I suppose it didn't occur to me to change those. I just put the whites up on top and didn't notice a heck of a lot of difference honestly. This is my first pin, so maybe i'm not noticing subtleties yet...

I purchased the LED pop bumpers from pinball life. I think if I did it again, I may have gone with another color. There is a small set screw to adjust brightness. I was surprised to find out they were already only at about half power (very bright!)

#191 5 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Hah, honestly I suppose it didn't occur to me to change those. I just put the whites up on top and didn't notice a heck of a lot of difference honestly. This is my first pin, so maybe i'm not noticing subtleties yet...

FWIW I change my games to white rubber, and still would have left the generally unaccessable area under the mini playfield with black rubber. Given how often I am interested in removing the mini playfield, the white rubber would be black soon enough!

#192 5 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

FWIW I change my games to white rubber, and still would have left the generally unaccessable area under the mini playfield with black rubber. Given how often I am interested in removing the mini playfield, the white rubber would be black soon enough!

Heresy, for at least two reasons:

1. The white rubber is going to provide a lot more bounce than the black will, and therefore balls that enter the pop bumper area will be getting a *lot* more action on them. That's the working theory, anyway. Plus, there's always...

2. The remaining black rubber will only serve to quicken the blackening of the new white rubber, as well as the rest of the playfield, too.

In short, black rubber is awful, and shouldn't be used, basically ever. I'm sure there's an exception here or there, but I honestly can't think of any at this particular point in time.

#193 5 years ago
Quoted from boagman:

In short, black rubber is awful, and shouldn't be used, basically ever. I'm sure there's an exception here or there, but I honestly can't think of any at this particular point in time.

For the most part, I agree with you. One of the first things I do when I get a new game is change all the black rubber to white rubber. There are a few games, however, that I have left the black rubber on. AC/DC is one of them. For some reason, I just feel the game plays best this way.

#194 5 years ago
Quoted from boagman:

Heresy, for at least two reasons:
1. The white rubber is going to provide a lot more bounce than the black will, and therefore balls that enter the pop bumper area will be getting a *lot* more action on them. That's the working theory, anyway. Plus, there's always...
2. The remaining black rubber will only serve to quicken the blackening of the new white rubber, as well as the rest of the playfield, too.

Looking at my game, it actually has white rubber underneath the playfield (I had forgotten rather than the usual replace black rubber I usually do with Sterns, I actually was just freshening the existing rubber).

Still... its pretty dirty and hard to clean. On my example anyways, until I did some repeated cleaning magic black pinball dust was migrating onto the rubbers regularly from the drop targets. After some cleaning this has slowed a lot!

#195 5 years ago
Quoted from boagman:

It's better for routing, as it shows less dirt. It is also better for routing, and possibly some games with very crappy areas to get to, as white rubber today is complete garbage, and breaks much sooner than black. That is why, in case anyone is wondering, you will never see machines released with white these days. Steve Ritchie has addressed this before.

I do like the look of white better though on most games. LOTR is one I have left black though, white just seems out of place on that machine.

#196 5 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

It's better for routing, as it shows less dirt. It is also better for routing, and possibly some games with very crappy areas to get to, as white rubber today is complete garbage, and breaks much sooner than black. That is why, in case anyone is wondering, you will never see machines released with white these days. Steve Ritchie has addressed this before.

It's interesting that you mention Steve Ritchie, as I tend to keep black rubbers on his games. I think more than any other designer, Ritchie designs his games and shots specifically with black rubber in mind. Who am I to mess with the king of flow's master plan?

Quoted from Atomicboy:

I do like the look of white better though on most games. LOTR is one I have left black though, white just seems out of place on that machine.

I agree. When I had a LOTR, I kept it black as well.

#197 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It's interesting that you mention Steve Ritchie, as I tend to keep black rubbers on his games.

Go look for the rant on RGP where Cody Chun called a SR a huckster or something like that for using black on one of the new sterns, and SR tore him a new one. Steve explained why black is all that is used now from commercial manufacturers.

#198 5 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Go look for the rant on RGP where Cody Chun called a SR a huckster or something like that for using black on one of the new sterns, and SR tore him a new one. Steve explained why black is all that is used now from commercial manufacturers.

And yet, while I respect the heck out of Steve Ritchie, I simply do not care.

Black rubber has been used primarily in the last 15 years only, whereas white was basically the *only* rubber all years previous...and that's a lot of years. White's bouncier, it's cleaner, and while black may last longer in commercial operation, I firmly believe that it's been forced on designers just because operators complain, which is to say: operators are lazy.

90% of the people on this board aren't commercial operators for income's sake, so we're basically talking amongst collectors/hobbyists here. Ergo, the "black lasts longer in operating circumstances" argument falls on deaf ears with me.

Cody may not have said what he said in the best/nicest/most respectful way, but I agree with the vast majority of his argument (though I admit that I haven't actually read the posts in question). Anybody got a link to them?

#199 5 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Does this friend have a paypal account

No promises but I can but ask.

#200 5 years ago
Quoted from devils4ever:

Well, I got curious last night a took off the glass. I activated the SPIN A CARD feature and hit the selected drop target. Nothing seemed to happen.
So, is what everyone saying is that the card selected in SPIN A CARD goes towards your Poker Hand?

Does anyone know how to light Spin-A-Card?

I find this award extremely useful, especially when I get towards the last few 5 Card Stud Hands like Straight Flush and a Royal Flush. Plus I love the lighting effect on the playfield as it 'randomly' spins my card. Great game!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
New York, NY
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 905 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 19.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside