D1800BFC-7FC5-44C7-A5D9-F4EED8EC0AA5 (resized).jpeg
8C85BFCF-7AFE-4DB3-A70B-4DB0313A10E4 (resized).jpeg
286323460_757367712301053_7458703656827351659_n (resized).jpg
detail (resized).jpg
IMG_6891 (resized).JPG
Coil on shooter lane (resized).jpg
IMG_0381 (resized).JPG
IMG_20220202_123229.jpg
There are 1,216 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 25.
#101 10 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Hey gang, whats a WPT worth less than 300 plays, Mint cond,

That depends. Are you the buyer or the seller?

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

skywalker said:

Hey gang, whats a WPT worth less than 300 plays, Mint cond,

That depends. Are you the buyer or the seller?

looking to buy

#103 10 years ago

I'd say up to around $3k. The ones that have more plays on them often look really nice and sell for closer to $2k.

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I'd say up to around $3k. The ones that have more plays on them often look really nice and sell for closer to $2k.

I agree. They probably top out around $3K. It's an amazing game, but they simply don't fetch the kind of prices that some other titles do.

#105 10 years ago

Thanks guys,
HUO one owner, less than 300 plays mint, he's looking at 3.75k,
Willing to pay more than the average one, I guess to me condition is king,
Try to snag it for less,

Good chance he's reading this thread

#106 10 years ago

$3,750 US? I see you are in Australia. Does that include shipping? Is shipping really high?

I think a perfect HUO WPT is worth about $2,600. I just bought one about a month ago for $2,800, I think I overpaid a couple hundred bucks.

Quoted from skywalker:

he's looking at 3.75k,

#107 10 years ago

no shipping is extra, not a cheap exercise

#108 10 years ago

I think at $3750 you start thinking what other games can I get..I just paid $2200 for one with less than 900 plays on it.

#109 10 years ago

just watched Deaconblooze vid very nice and explains alot! Wasnt sure why 6 and a 9 was called dinner for two? My mind must be in the gutter

#110 10 years ago

This looks like a terribly under rated game!

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I'd say the people who know how to play it rate it just right

It does a terrible job sinking its claws into noobies. But it is the real deal in terms of being a good game.

Many people are happy to spend thousands on the razzle dazzle (OMG: The sides of the upper cabinet are cut out and have lights!) but will not spend the difference in the price between an LE and a PRO ST (e.g. ~2-2.5K) on an entire better game.

But you get a "certificate of authenticity" with the LE, so there's that

#112 10 years ago

Does anyone know of a WPT for sale in Michigan? I've been thinking of getting this pin for a while & after reading this thread, it's a for sure addition.

Thanks,
Zamp

#113 10 years ago

Agree Gambit, While I like to collect collector quality I do not think the LE is worth it in the Stern model. The premium is just fine!

#114 10 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Sure. Several reasons:
- Questionable artwork (to be polite)
- so-so music
- Initial reliability issues

You have to overcome this to discover how good it is. Perhaps the best ruleset I know. Mine is a keeper.

#115 10 years ago

Is there or was there reliability Fixes? I'm thinking of becoming a member. Art work for me is not that important music is but game play trumps.

#116 10 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Is there or was there reliability Fixes?

There were random reset problems with the initial CPU/Sound boards. Solved by stern by standard exchange.
See service bulletin #163.

This exchange has been performed already on most game running today. I bought mine last year, the CPU was still faulty. I could experience great customer service from Stern. Now running smoothly, no other issues.

#117 10 years ago

how do you identify the "new" sound board? Just in case. Thanks

#118 10 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

how do you identify the "new" sound board? Just in case. Thanks

I could not... I sent a picture to Patrick @ Stern: he told me it was a faulty one!

#119 10 years ago

Just picked one up a few weeks back, and I'm really enjoying it so far. Has anyone done custom cards for it? Can't seem to find any on the net

#120 10 years ago
Quoted from Kazowi:

Just picked one up a few weeks back, and I'm really enjoying it so far. Has anyone done custom cards for it? Can't seem to find any on the net.

Zach made a bunch of cool ones ...

http://pinballcards.blogspot.com/2013/05/wpt.html

1 month later
#121 9 years ago
Quoted from abcdelmrs:

I call that the "cut the cards" shot (which you did). Mine has never had an issue bouncing out, but the one I had as a loaner that hooked me on the game did.
There is a small one-way gate in that area that you may need to tweak.

Anybody have any idea how to adjust this gate? Looks like a real pita to get too but I'm sick of nice shots bouncing out. Slower ones or doing by hand to test it they go in fine.

1 week later
#122 9 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

Anybody have any idea how to adjust this gate? Looks like a real pita to get too but I'm sick of nice shots bouncing out. Slower ones or doing by hand to test it they go in fine.

If you are handy it can be removed from the game by taking he whole mech off the back of the playfield (if memory serves me correctly)

#123 9 years ago

Even if you aren't handy, it's just 6 nuts and a few connectors.

Quoted from BC_Gambit:

If you are handy it can be removed from the game by taking he whole mech off the back of the playfield (if memory serves me correctly)

#124 9 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

» YouTube video
There it is for easy viewing.
Post edited by Deaconblooze : Difficulty embedding

Great video.

I think my favorite part was when he said "I'm not sure why they call a 6-9 dinner for two". lol

#125 9 years ago

Thanks for the link.....just finished a complete tear down and put on white rubber....huge difference....for the money you can't go wrong with this pin

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from Kazowi:

Thanks for the link.....just finished a complete tear down and put on white rubber....huge difference....for the money you can't go wrong with this pin

visual difference or playing wise? Or both? Tearing down mine soon but was going to stick with black.

#127 9 years ago

White rubber makes the mini-pf bouncier and harder IMO. Esp. when trying to make a hurry-up!

#128 9 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

visual difference or playing wise? Or both? Tearing down mine soon but was going to stick with black.

Both....StevenP is spot on with the white rubber on the upper playfield...lts friggin crazy up there.

My game plays so much faster and seems more lively with the white rubber and 4 coats of wax...

#129 9 years ago

Now you have me debating to switch to white rubber..Any pictures?

And why can't anyone make a solid alternate translight? The one with the cities is too boring & the one with the girls while nice to look at, doesn't fly in a family friendly environment..

#130 9 years ago

I'll take a few pics tomorrow

#131 9 years ago

Here's one I had on my phone

[att=1682522,371105

image.jpgimage.jpg
#132 9 years ago
Quoted from Kazowi:

Here's one I had on my phone

I like this alternative translite! Is it for sale somewhere?

#133 9 years ago

I brought my TZ to PAGG a few weekends ago and displayed this video TV. I sold a bunch, and I have a few left, and some customers asked about using it on WPT.

WPT footage plays for a little over 20 minutes and then repeats. This is video, not a slide show.

Plug n play - $129 (uses the unused plug near the service box by the coindoor).

Thanks to Pinsider Chill for testing the location and taking pics (I don't own the game anymore).

Send me a PM if interested. I have video for TZ and TAF using this TV, as well

Black TV.jpgBlack TV.jpg

WPT2.JPGWPT2.JPG

WPT6.JPGWPT6.JPG

1 week later
#134 9 years ago

Just joined the club. I'd say I have about 30 games under my belt so far, & I am very impressed! I didn't realize it, until i played this pin, that you are playing 2 different types of poker at once. Very cool! I love all the drop targets & there corresponding sound they make when you hit them. Shots are tight! The Black Widow ramp on Avengers is easy, compared to the 2 ramps on this pin! Sniper tight! I love the mini modes(poker corner), each one is unique & challenging, & rewarding to complete.
The only negative I can say about this pin, is the translight, & it's not horrible. Plus it's an easy fix.

#135 9 years ago

Yeah the translite is easily changed so that is great. Unfortunately I feel the art on the playfield is almost as bad. Still a great game. I think this pin would have been a huge hit if the art was not so bad.

1 week later
#136 9 years ago

Just picked this up as my first pin and I couldn't be happier. I'll likely sink a little money into LED's, mirror blades, and a new translite. Any tips on getting one made, or is anyone currently offering custom translites?

4 weeks later
#137 9 years ago

I just picked this up. Can someone fill me in what the difference are between the directors cut, home use, and regular are? So far, this game seems like an incredible amount of bang per the buck spent . A lot of hard shots and strategic scoring. The only pin I can think of that offers this much bang per buck spent is LAH and the price on that game is rising.

#138 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

One day I will be when I find a huo one.

Hey, looks like I'm in now!

Quoted from pinball_keefer:

I'm in, but maybe that's obvious!

Quoted from yoshootme:

since you're here! ....how do you prefer to play: "remove the top left orbit gate (2 screws), and turn off the flop/turn posts in the settings to improve flow. (These are recommended by SR himself.)"... or how the game shipped? just curious as I can never decide which way i prefer. and did SR really recommend this way , as I always hear he did?

Keith, I'm curious to this as well. I thought there was an issue with no right orbits, then seeing this is the design. Have you done this / do you recommend? Does it make anything easier/harder? Does it help with the issues with the cut the card shot?

I've now completed the trifecta of your sterns, quite happy. This was the last machine I have been searching for of those left out there for me.

4 weeks later
#139 9 years ago

It took about six months, but I finally reached the WPT World Championship yesterday. Holy crap is that a lot of ramp shots! I was totally in the zone on ball 2. I ended up beating my previous high by 110 million. Man, I love this game!

#140 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It took about six months, but I finally reached the WPT World Championship yesterday. Holy crap is that a lot of ramp shots! I was totally in the zone on ball 2. I ended up beating my previous high by 110 million. I love this game!

That's only a mini wizard mode though right, the main one is the KI? I haven't reviewed the rules yet, as I've had it for a littl over a month, and like to try to figure everything out as much as possible first before filling in the gaps by reading up.

I really like the rules so far, typical Keifer depth which I always like, but man, the overall experience is a little dull/lackluster I must say. Not a lot of excitement as there is with LOTR, and to a lesser extent with TSPP. The rules are what I’m in for though, and meticulous clawing through them as with all his machines.

#141 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

That's only a mini wizard mode though right, the main one is the KI?

As far as I'm concerned, WPT World Championship is the wizard mode, since it is so hard to get to. Technically, KI is the ultimate wizard mode, but virtually nobody will ever see it. I know I won't. I would consider the mini wizard mode to be the multiball after you start all six "Poker Corner" modes. That by itself is difficult for most players to achieve.

#142 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

As far as I'm concerned, WPT World Championship is the wizard mode, since it is so hard to get to.

Never say never man. I was uber close to the SDMEWM in TSPP once, so anything is possible. On another forum, a person stated after owning LOTR for 5 years they all of sudden got to Valinor on ball 1. I've done Valinor once, and on the doorstep about another 3 times since.

It's possible, you must know that some days you just get those 1 in a million games that you know you will maybe never see agian

I'm looking forward to it, but to date, all my games seem to tap out around 120-160m for WPT. I'm too caught up every freakin time in trying to dink around with keeping an ace in the hole, and I end up draining off the MB dicking around up on the upper because of it. Great idea, as it is a good distraction.

#143 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I'm looking forward to it, but to date, all my games seem to tap out around 120-160m for WPT.

You're clearly a better player than me. Prior to this game, my high was only 133M. After reaching the WPT World Championship, my new GC score is 243M. I probably could have had a better game, but at a certain point I started focusing solely on finishing off as many hands as possible. A lot of my multiballs were absolute duds.

#144 9 years ago

I should note those are my good games, not all my games by any means.

I always try to finish the hands too, but always get distracted. I swear every game it's like "ok, this time I'm only going to shoot for hands, and get to the WPT championship", but soon after I'm trying to stack MB's and get to the third of forth city only.

It remind me of vengeance in The Shadow. Every game I say no f'ing vengeance this time, I'm going to go through the modes and get to the final, but all of a sudden there I am again shooting vengeance ramps, and boom, 3rd ball drained AGAIN

#145 9 years ago

Has anyone dropped the outlane posts to the bottom position? I did last night, and I feel a little dirty doing so. This is my first machine, and i'm still struggling to reach 50mil. Tough game for sure...

#146 9 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Has anyone dropped the outlane posts to the bottom position? I did last night, and I feel a little dirty doing so. This is my first machine, and i'm still struggling to reach 50mil. Tough game for sure...

I haven't, but I did on a few machines when I first started. Don't feel bad, enjoy them how you choose. Do it until you get a little better at nudging (which I'm betting you do none of at this point), and then move them back.

It's not so bad on this game, as it's so deep, and even with them on the lowest, most people likely would not get to the end. Think hard on other machines doing this though, as making it too easy can lead to the game becoming mundane to you too fast.

#147 9 years ago

Awesome game. Very, very, very deep. The only safe shots on the game are the left orbit, left ramp, left VUK, right ramp and right orbit. The drops (and the multiball standup) are all chance shots and I can't tell you how many times the ball exited from the right VUK to the pops and either went down the left outlane or SDTM. A true player when set up properly.

#148 9 years ago

For me a big part of the gameplay relies on stacking the modes and multiballs as efficiently as I can. Certain modes in particular (Spot the Tell, Play the Button and Steal the Blind) are best for single ball play. Modes that focus on the drops (Chip and a Chair, Know your Outs) need to be selected during multiball play. Change Gears works well in single or multiball play, but I have to say that I have reaped in some BIG scores with Change Gears during multiball action.

Make sure to juggle your 3x scoring effectively and track how many hands are left to finish the tourney. You'd better be good on the fly to shoot the ramps to pull in the big points for those shots!

Finally, I am ALWAYS trying to start multiball from the upper PF. How many games do you know of that you can start a multiball on before the ball is in danger of leaving the table? Sooooo... WORK IT!

Yeah there's more, but I'd also like to hear what other players have to say about this table as well.

Rulesheet anyone?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpt-rules-sheettutorial

#149 9 years ago
Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

Awesome game. Very, very, very deep. The only safe shots on the game are the left orbit, left ramp, left VUK, right ramp and right orbit. The drops (and the multiball standup) are all chance shots and I can't tell you how many times the ball exited from the right VUK to the pops and either went down the left outlane or SDTM. A true player when set up properly.

The orbit shots are of questionable safety, imo. because the ball whips around and can be hard to control on the other flipper.

Agree on your stacking comment. I find Change Gears is the BEST mode to play with a multiball. Scores can be huge. And, I prefer to avoid starting AitH MB after locking the ball, because it's an easy stack when starting any other MB (*or* after starting a poker corner mode like Change Gears!), and you gotta play a poker corner mode before being able to lock it again.

#150 9 years ago

Finally, I am ALWAYS trying to start multiball from the upper PF. How many games do you know of that you can start a multiball on before the ball is in danger of leaving the table? Sooooo... WORK IT!

I could not agree more with this statement Caucasian! StevenP made some good pointers, what do you guys think?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpt-by-stern

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Machine - For Sale
Warwick, RI
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,216 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-poker-tour-pinball-club/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.