D1800BFC-7FC5-44C7-A5D9-F4EED8EC0AA5 (resized).jpeg
8C85BFCF-7AFE-4DB3-A70B-4DB0313A10E4 (resized).jpeg
286323460_757367712301053_7458703656827351659_n (resized).jpg
detail (resized).jpg
IMG_6891 (resized).JPG
Coil on shooter lane (resized).jpg
IMG_0381 (resized).JPG
IMG_20220202_123229.jpg

There are 1,216 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 25.
#1151 1 year ago

anyone ever have an issue with the ace in the hole opto triggering...like alot? mine was going off constantly last night (sound was really annoying), I pulled the glass and started to hit the ball with my finger, seemed to works correctly while doing that...then it sort of stopped? anyone have this issue?

#1152 1 year ago

I had a similar issue and it was that the plunger wasn't latching at the top of the stroke so it kept firing. I had a broken spring in the latch that catches the plunger.

#1153 1 year ago

Yes, my AITH opto loves to fire repeatedly, which basically renders the game unplayable. Best way I know of to "cure" it for awhile is to give a really good cleaning to the upper playfield surface -- seems like the grime can disrupt the opto beam. I also wonder if micro-scratches in the upper playfield surface contribute... I have a spare UPF but have not installed it yet.

#1154 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Yes, my AITH opto loves to fire repeatedly, which basically renders the game unplayable. Best way I know of to "cure" it for awhile is to give a really good cleaning to the upper playfield surface -- seems like the grime can disrupt the opto beam. I also wonder if micro-scratches in the upper playfield surface contribute... I have a spare UPF but have not installed it yet.

Yes I think you may be onto something here...after giving it a finger wipe, it seems to have cured it a bit...for now anyway...

#1155 1 year ago

Do I seriously have to remove the top scoop on the left side to change the rubbers???

#1156 1 year ago

You can take out the upper playfield and drill a quarter inch hole where the opto shines for a durable resolution

#1157 1 year ago
Quoted from misterschu:

You can take out the upper playfield and drill a quarter inch hole where the opto shines for a durable resolution

All done,.....having fat fingers was definitionally a challenge.

286323460_757367712301053_7458703656827351659_n (resized).jpg286323460_757367712301053_7458703656827351659_n (resized).jpg
#1158 1 year ago

Hi! I have issue with power board. Actually this board was in Family guy, and it randomly reboots, i swapped family guy ( which have reboot issue ) to other from WPT, now family guy works fine, but on wpt now have same reboot issue like it was on FG. In fact this is something wrong on Power Board. Any ideas what it can be, where i should find solution?

#1159 1 year ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

Hi! I have issue with power board. Actually this board was in Family guy, and it randomly reboots, i swapped family guy ( which have reboot issue ) to other from WPT, now family guy works fine, but on wpt now have same reboot issue like it was on FG. In fact this is something wrong on Power Board. Any ideas what it can be, where i should find solution?

On T3 there was a small pot to adjust the 5v. I bumped up my friends voltage to 5.1v and no more resets.

I can’t recall off hand if it is the same boardset on WPT / FG.

#1160 1 year ago
Quoted from Stebel:

On T3 there was a small pot to adjust the 5v. I bumped up my friends voltage to 5.1v and no more resets.
I can’t recall off hand if it is the same boardset on WPT / FG.

It's whitestar game. WPT is S.A.M i am not sure that power board on sam have 5v adjustment

#1161 1 year ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

It's whitestar game. WPT is S.A.M i am not sure that power board on sam have 5v adjustment

If your cpu is rev F 520-5246-00, there is a bulletin about random resets. Bulletin 163.

#1162 1 year ago
Quoted from Stebel:

If your cpu is rev F 520-5246-00, there is a bulletin about random resets. Bulletin 163.

Issue not in CPU i think...

3 weeks later
#1163 1 year ago

So, I have to know if this is a software glitch or if I’m the only one with this.

On the Spin-a-Card feature, when the machine selects the King of Spades, does the playfield light instead display the Ace of Spades, one step further? Everything else works properly (lights when hit, etc) and even the DMD shows the King of Spades. But the light on the playfield animation lights the Ace. I won’t think it’s a wiring or control issue since again it works properly in every other use of the light: I’m guessing it had to be a glitch in the software code.

I do have v14.

— M

#1164 1 year ago

I believe that is a software bug seen on all games.

4 weeks later
#1165 1 year ago

Painted metal in black with silver flakes, legs didn’t installed yet. Looks nice, it’s change colors depends of lighting, sometimes looks like on graphite sometimes pure black with flakes. What do you think guys?
8C85BFCF-7AFE-4DB3-A70B-4DB0313A10E4 (resized).jpeg8C85BFCF-7AFE-4DB3-A70B-4DB0313A10E4 (resized).jpeg

3 weeks later
#1167 1 year ago

I am having an issue with my ace-in-the-hole mech where it doesn't want to latch every time it raises the gate. I have been messing with it and it seems like there is not enough spring pressure on the latch. However, when I put a slightly heavier spring in it latches but then the small coil that releases the latch is not strong enough to retract the latch. Playing around with springs I can get it so it sometimes latches and always releases but not so that it always latches. I have taken the whole mech apart and cleaned everything, replaces coil sleeves but nothing seems to be obviously wrong with the mech. Anyone had similar problem and found a solution?

#1168 1 year ago

Also for reference I had previous replaced the latch compression spring but couldn't find the official Stern part (266-5086-01). There doesn't seem to be a supplier other than a place in Australia. I got some replacements from Mcmaster Carr that are 3/16" OD by 1" long in a couple of different weights. It worked fine for 6 months or so but recently it started having issues again. Maybe someone knows a better replacement.

#1169 1 year ago

Question for WPT owners. In TEST mode on a WPT yesterday, when I was testing switches I hit the shooter lane switch and it started to eject the balls from the through into the shooter lane. It did this one ball at a time. I thought once all the balls were ejected it would stop but it didn't. Is this common? If not, is there a fix for it?

As I type this I am now thinking I should've tried to back out of TEST mode but we shut the machine off instead.

1 week later
#1170 1 year ago

Does anyone have a link to these instruction / free play cards? They came on my machine and I’d like to print them on better paper stock.

D1800BFC-7FC5-44C7-A5D9-F4EED8EC0AA5 (resized).jpegD1800BFC-7FC5-44C7-A5D9-F4EED8EC0AA5 (resized).jpeg
#1171 1 year ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Does anyone have a link to these instruction / free play cards? They came on my machine and I’d like to print them on better paper stock.
[quoted image]

Here you go, miss my game.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only/page/11#post-5238927

#1172 1 year ago

I have seen the cards in that thread. I prefer the the version I have in the game currently. I just need to find the link to them.

#1173 1 year ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Here you go, miss my game.

I'll be posting mine for sale soon if interested PM me

1 week later
#1174 1 year ago

Ditto - I am looking to sell mine soon, too - not sure where you are located, but I am in the Chicago area...

#1175 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

I'll be posting mine for sale soon if interested PM me

Quoted from redman822:

Ditto - not sure where you are located, but I am in the Chicago area...

Thanks for the information, I've run out of room. I really need to get rid of one machine or build on again.

2 weeks later
#1176 1 year ago

I said goodbye to my WPT this week. Loved the game, but my collection is too small for 2 fan layout Sterns with Keith Johnson software... and LOTR won it on theme and artwork.

I will miss the game, but it found a good home.

#1177 1 year ago

Looking for some input as to what to look for. F9 (8amp SB) fuse blowing upon powering up. I believe this fuse if for the controlled lamps (schematically challenged)?

#1178 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

Looking for some input as to what to look for. F9 (8amp SB) fuse blowing upon powering up. I believe this fuse if for the controlled lamps (schematically challenged)?

Here is what I would do to start. F9 is indeed for your lamp matrix or controlled lamps. It is likely you have a short somewhere on your playfield.

These are the steps I would take to track it down:

1. Turn off the machine
2. Remove the two connectors for the lamp matrix (left corner of board)
IMG_20221017_151159210 (resized).jpgIMG_20221017_151159210 (resized).jpg
3. Replace the fuse with a good one and turn the machine back on. If the fuse blows then it is an issue with the board, if it doesn't then it is on the playfield.

If the fuse blows with the connectors off then it is a board problem which is a bigger issue. If that is the case repost and we can troubleshoot that. My guess is it is on the playfield.

If it is the playfield then do this:
4. Turn off machine, do not reconnect the connectors
5. Flip up the playfield and make a visual inspection of all the lamps and sockets. Pay particular attention to the backboard of the playfield. This game has very little room at the back and if the playfield was pushed back too hard it can crush the lamp sockets (it happened to mine). Also check for any burned out sockets and broken wires/solder joints that may be touching something.
6. If you find one that looks weird check for resistance with a multimeter across the two lamp socket solder connections. Make sure to check with the right direction relative to the diode. Try it both ways (red and black/common) and see which works (give a positive Ohms) and keep that orientation for all of them. If it has zero resistance then it is likely shorted. You can do this for all the sockets and see if you can find a short.
7. If that doesn't work you can also check the resistance between the two connector leads you previously disconnected. Again making sure to get the diode direction right. On mine it was common/black lead to red wire connector and red lead to yellow wire connector. Mine read something like 20-30 M ohms on a good circuit. If it read very low or zero you have a short on that circuit. Check the connector and solder joints first as that is the most likely failure.

Hopefully that helps as a start.

1 month later
#1179 1 year ago
Quoted from killerrobots:

Here is what I would do to start. F9 is indeed for your lamp matrix or controlled lamps. It is likely you have a short somewhere on your playfield.
These are the steps I would take to track it down:
1. Turn off the machine
2. Remove the two connectors for the lamp matrix (left corner of board)
[quoted image]
3. Replace the fuse with a good one and turn the machine back on. If the fuse blows then it is an issue with the board, if it doesn't then it is on the playfield.
If the fuse blows with the connectors off then it is a board problem which is a bigger issue. If that is the case repost and we can troubleshoot that. My guess is it is on the playfield.
If it is the playfield then do this:
4. Turn off machine, do not reconnect the connectors
5. Flip up the playfield and make a visual inspection of all the lamps and sockets. Pay particular attention to the backboard of the playfield. This game has very little room at the back and if the playfield was pushed back too hard it can crush the lamp sockets (it happened to mine). Also check for any burned out sockets and broken wires/solder joints that may be touching something.
6. If you find one that looks weird check for resistance with a multimeter across the two lamp socket solder connections. Make sure to check with the right direction relative to the diode. Try it both ways (red and black/common) and see which works (give a positive Ohms) and keep that orientation for all of them. If it has zero resistance then it is likely shorted. You can do this for all the sockets and see if you can find a short.
7. If that doesn't work you can also check the resistance between the two connector leads you previously disconnected. Again making sure to get the diode direction right. On mine it was common/black lead to red wire connector and red lead to yellow wire connector. Mine read something like 20-30 M ohms on a good circuit. If it read very low or zero you have a short on that circuit. Check the connector and solder joints first as that is the most likely failure.
Hopefully that helps as a start.

Appreciate the in depth post! I fixed mine and wanted follow-up with the issue. I actually called Stern on this and spoke to Pat. Guy was super easy going and patient as I wasn't expecting him to trouble-shoot with me on the phone. Waited for me to remove the board ..... nonetheless, come to find it was a bad bridge rectifier (BRDG4 - you can see it in your photo). Swapped it out and machine is playing flawless now.

If anyone is interested it's a super nice machine, no wear or issues.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-world-poker-tour-77#post-7271592

1 month later
#1180 1 year ago
Quoted from killerrobots:

I am having an issue with my ace-in-the-hole mech where it doesn't want to latch every time it raises the gate. I have been messing with it and it seems like there is not enough spring pressure on the latch. However, when I put a slightly heavier spring in it latches but then the small coil that releases the latch is not strong enough to retract the latch. Playing around with springs I can get it so it sometimes latches and always releases but not so that it always latches. I have taken the whole mech apart and cleaned everything, replaces coil sleeves but nothing seems to be obviously wrong with the mech. Anyone had similar problem and found a solution?

Im working on similar issues. Stern did release a bulleting with your issue and it involves a stronger coil.

#1181 1 year ago

Not sure who sell s ace in the hole opto boards? Thanks in advance! JR

#1182 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Im working on similar issues. Stern did release a bulleting with your issue and it involves a stronger coil.

Mine turned out to be a flaky opto (the emitter). It worked great but I think it would turn off for a sec when the mech fired which made it think a ball was in there and then it would fire again. I replaced it and now it works perfect. By far the hardest issue I have ever had to troubleshoot. There receiver board for the opto is not available but fortunately the bottom on was. I finally figured it out by testing it with various part of the mech unplugged. I unplugged the receiver and it would latch every time. This is how I figured out it was electronic not hardware.

#1183 1 year ago

Hi! I have some used and new playfield plastics from WPT, you can buy spare parts, let me know if somebody need something.
IMG_2406 (resized).JPGIMG_2406 (resized).JPG

2 months later
#1184 1 year ago

Anyone have a set of cabinet decals you never used that you're interested in selling?

#1185 1 year ago

Looking for a WPT in the Buffalo NY area. LMK what you have !

#1186 1 year ago

What are the common problems, wear items on this title ? On the look out to pick one up. Any advice?

#1187 1 year ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

What are the common problems, wear items on this title ? On the look out to pick one up. Any advice?

The first run of SAM boards that WPT uses sometimes has an intermittent reset issue. As far as I know, the board needs to be sent to Stern for repair if your game has this problem.

Considering wear, the mini playfield tends to develop scratches. This can be polished and buffed out, but replacements are also available.

Apart from this, WPT was a very stable title for the time I owned it.

#1188 1 year ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I would check the ace-in-the-hole gate. Make sure it grabs and holds the ball consistently and doesn't fire intermittently.

#1189 1 year ago

Jappie covered the two issues I experienced with the 2 WPT machines I owned.

Quoted from Jappie:

The first run of SAM boards that WPT uses sometimes has an intermittent reset issue. As far as I know, the board needs to be sent to Stern for repair if your game has this problem.

Agree on this as I had two WPT and both I had to send the boards in for repair. Also, there were a lot of games that the board had an issue that caused the game to go into constant multi-ball. https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/sb163.pdf

Quoted from Jappie:

Considering wear, the mini playfield tends to develop scratches. This can be polished and buffed out, but replacements are also available.

Not even scratches but the black electrical dust really adheres to this playfield. When it gets dirty enough it will impact the AIH sensors.

#1190 12 months ago

I can't stop playing this game, which is saying something if you look at my collection. I just love listening to Mike Sexton call out my hand!

#1191 12 months ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I can't stop playing this game, which is saying something if you look at my collection. I just love listening to Mike Sexton call out my hand!

Agreed! This game is an absolute blast!

#1192 12 months ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

He gets some pretty funny ones going too. Had the "dinner for two" hand yet??

#1193 12 months ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Even better is hearing Vince talk… And your own name is Mike. My friends think the game is talking to me.

#1194 12 months ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

He gets some pretty funny ones going too. Had the "dinner for two" hand yet??

I had that the other day. I couldn’t believe it!

#1195 12 months ago

I miss mine so much I still read this thread. I bet wpt is one of the top pins “owned twice”…
Someday will buy one again.

4 weeks later
#1196 11 months ago

Question for everyone: is the color DMD worth it on this game?

Having a hard time I’m deciding if it’s worth an additional $500 to upgrade the display. On LOTR, it was a no-brainer, answer was obviously yes.

#1197 11 months ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Having a hard time I’m deciding if it’s worth an additional $500 to upgrade the display. On LOTR, it was a no-brainer, answer was obviously yes.

Aren’t all games worth it???

#1198 11 months ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

The pin2dmd cheaper version is colored perfectly by VBob.

2 weeks later
#1199 10 months ago

Hi,

Where can I find an alternate translite besides EBay?

Thx for your help

Stef

1 month later
#1200 9 months ago

Anyone have a decent dmd skin / decal? All the available ones are very plain.
I really hate it that they available skins use generic poker chips with just color and white markings on the edges. No casino ever uses those cheap ass chips.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
There are 1,216 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-poker-tour-pinball-club/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.