D1800BFC-7FC5-44C7-A5D9-F4EED8EC0AA5 (resized).jpeg
8C85BFCF-7AFE-4DB3-A70B-4DB0313A10E4 (resized).jpeg
286323460_757367712301053_7458703656827351659_n (resized).jpg
detail (resized).jpg
IMG_6891 (resized).JPG
Coil on shooter lane (resized).jpg
IMG_0381 (resized).JPG
IMG_20220202_123229.jpg
There are 1,216 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 25.
#751 5 years ago

It’s very weird and it’s only happened twice. It’s happened after I’m sitting on the flop and start multiple multiballs. After multiball ends and I’m in single ball play, you shoot either ramp for advance of the hand and the game announces: “here’s the turn” which is followed by the card not being displayed. The display goes back to displaying the score as if nothing happened endlessly staying on the flop. It’s stays on the flop the rest of the game. Definitely a bug. No trough issues at all.

#752 5 years ago
Quoted from misterschu:

I'm not certain, but doesn't Ace in the Hole (if there's no mode, and it's the only multiball running) prevent you from progressing hold 'em on the ramps because they're tied to the jackpots

The only MB you can't progress hands from the ramps is No Limit MB. AITH & AI MBs allow progression.

Although thinking about it, not sure about Poker Hands MB, but I don't see why not as the ramps don't feature

Added over 6 years ago:

Not sure what I was thinking above. You can't progress hands in AITH MB

#753 5 years ago

Became a club member two days ago! Or to be precise, the WPT was actually bought about 16 months ago, but was placed on location. The last couple of months it has really stopped earning (not that it ever really did, sadly), so it has now moved into my home game room. Good for me!

There are a couple of issues with it. There's a flaky connection in the cabling to the AITH opto, so I sometimes need to move the wiring harness around a bit to get the optos to work. It can then be stable for months, which is why it hasn't been properly fixed yet. Also, a lot of the #44 sockets are bad, especially the ones by the drop target inserts. Not sure if they need replacing or what.

Have anyone tried upgrading the speakers in WPT? Is there good sound quality in there waiting to be released?

#754 5 years ago

I have a question about my WPT. When my drop targets reset the coils always do a triple pulse not just one pulse. The machine has been doing this since I got it. I thought it was normal till I played another WPT and that machine only pulsed the coils once to reset the drop targets. Only tech notice I have is a upper left flipper EOS. When I got the machine it had its original code in it. I updated the code from Stern but it still does it. Any ideas?

#755 5 years ago

If someone has the white small flipper bat for sale, used or new, please contact me. Thanks

#756 5 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

I have a question about my WPT. When my drop targets reset the coils always do a triple pulse not just one pulse. The machine has been doing this since I got it. I thought it was normal till I played another WPT and that machine only pulsed the coils once to reset the drop targets. Only tech notice I have is a upper left flipper EOS. When I got the machine it had its original code in it. I updated the code from Stern but it still does it. Any ideas?

I don't know if this is related but stern brought out a service bulletin about the drops. Maybe it helps you figure out the problem with the droptargets

http://sternpinball.com/upload/downloads/sb165.pdf

#757 5 years ago
Quoted from Pmuis:

I don't know if this is related but stern brought out a service bulletin about the drops. Maybe it helps you figure out the problem with the droptargets
http://sternpinball.com/upload/downloads/sb165.pdf

I did see that one. Mine needed that fix. Since I did it they do lock back up, just cant figure out the dang three pulse issue yet.

#758 5 years ago

I did see that one. Mine needed that fix. Since I did it they do lock back up, just cant figure out the dang three pulse issue yet.

When you start a new game are any of your card inserts lit? Does a switch test show all targets in their correct state? If there's a bad connect in the wires it will think some of the drops haven't been reset and then try three times.

#759 5 years ago

My game does the 3-pulse thing when it can't see all the drop targets up. I would guess you have a flaky opto or header pin on one of the drop target PCBs, or possibly a loose wire on one of the opto boards, but that once it settles it's reading correctly.

Are *all* of the opto boards firing 3 times, or just one?

Make sure the boards are screwed down reasonably tightly, no missing screws.

#760 5 years ago

Yes about almost all of the drop target inserts are lit when I start a game. I think all the switches are showing good. I only have switch 1 & 2 out of service, and the upper left EOS as service tech alerts. I will have to look back in the manual, but I thought switch 1 & 2 were not used. I think all of them are resetting three times. Im going to go in and check them and see if anything sticks out.

#761 5 years ago

So if I replace all for OPTOs would that potentially fix the problem? Or would Opto Transmitter/Receiver Amplifier PCB maybe work.

#762 5 years ago

Yes about almost all of the drop target inserts are lit when I start a game.

Assuming you're on the newest code, V14.0: The switches for the drop targets aren't working correctly, then. I can't tell you where your problem lies, but the card inserts should all be unlit at the start of a game. They light when they've been dropped, flash when they will complete a hand, and unlight once they reset. For one reason or another your game believes the drops are down when they're not: could be a flaky connection, a faulty or dirty opto, probably some other options too.

I thought switch 1 & 2 were not used.

This is correct.

#763 5 years ago

I think ill try and reflow the solder on the pins on the optos one at a time, and see if that works. Looks like a bit of trouble shooting to do.

#764 5 years ago

Use the active switch test to make sure that the drops are all off when all up. You may have bigger problems than just cracked solder if they're not registering correctly to start with. (Most problems are connections, so check for continuity in the .156 connectors, etc.)

#765 5 years ago
Quoted from T8ter:

The white stop post shouldn't be what triggers the flop it just holds the ball and can be turned off. The optos right at the top of the ramp is the trigger so you might make sure they are clean.

I had a look on the ramp and not sure where the optos is that you mentioned. Any chance someone could post a photo of the optos. Thanks for your assistance!

#766 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I had a look on the ramp and not sure where the optos is that you mentioned. Any chance someone could post a photo of the optos. Thanks for your assistance!

When the game is on you will see a red light at the top of each ramp. across from the red light is a sensor. This is the optical transmitter and receiver, together they are an optical switch.

#767 5 years ago
Quoted from misterschu:

When the game is on you will see a red light at the top of each ramp. across from the red light is a sensor. This is the optical transmitter and receiver, together they are an optical switch.

Its ok, the switch was turned off in the settings for some reason. Not sure if it is a bug?

#768 5 years ago

Man, after having had this game at home for a week, I just have to say: What a brilliant game this is! Love the open middle playfield with all those sexy drop targets, and the rules are simply excellent.

The only slight annoyance I have right now regarding playability is that the Cut the Cards VUK rejects >50% of the time. Any hot tips there?

#769 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

The only MB you can't progress hands from the ramps is No Limit MB. AITH & AI MBs allow progression.
Although thinking about it, not sure about Poker Hands MB, but I don't see why not as the ramps don't feature

Added 9 days ago: Not sure what I was thinking above. You can't progress hands in AITH MB

False. Ace in the Hole is the only MB in which you can progress through hands/ tournaments.

#770 5 years ago

These drop targets lights and triple coil pulse is kicking my ass. I checked the switches and optos. I think They are good. On the test it shows the targets down when they are up. I cant seem to figure it out.

#771 5 years ago
Quoted from oyvindmo:

The only slight annoyance I have right now regarding playability is that the Cut the Cards VUK rejects >50% of the time. Any hot tips there?

Gotta take the assembly off, four screws iirc, and flex the blue steel (like the steel at ramp entrances) up a little. The entry to the vuk is the one way gate, which gets pushed into the blue steel flap. Over time the flap seems to move or deform and prevent the gate from opening fully.

#772 5 years ago

These drop targets lights and triple coil pulse is kicking my ass. I checked the switches and optos. I think They are good. On the test it shows the targets down when they are up. I cant seem to figure it out.

Does the state change in the switch test? The matrix should show the square when they're down and the dot when they're up.

#773 5 years ago

On the left only one shows that its up when it is, and in the test screen it does change when it drops. the rest all show they are down when they are up, and the inserts are lit . On the back drop next to the upper playfield the outer two show right, and the inner two show down when up, and their inserts are lit. On the right drops its the same as the left. I look for broker wires but didn't find any.

#774 5 years ago
Quoted from misterschu:

The entry to the vuk is the one way gate

Well, that explains it: There is no one-way gate at all on mine; it has broken off completely and disappeared at some time...

#775 5 years ago

This is the piece you are looking for: https://shop.thepinwitch.com/Game-Specific/Data-East-Sega-Stern-73/World-Poker-Tour/Wireform-for-Gate-Bracket-Stern.html?language=en

and that's actually the only place I can find it for sale.

1 week later
#777 5 years ago

ThePinwitch.com delivered quickly, so my WPT is up and running with that one-way gate installed. So much less frustrating to play, and I can only blame my sub-par aiming skills when I don't hit that VUK now

#778 5 years ago

Saw this on CL today and thought one of you WPT guys may be interested.

fredericksburg.craigslist.org link

3 weeks later
#779 5 years ago
Quoted from prowlerman99:

Saw this on CL today and thought one of you WPT guys may be interested.
fredericksburg.craigslist.org link

Somewhat satisfying to learn that Stern WPT isn't the ugliest piece of WPT paraphernalia

#780 5 years ago

This is a club I've wanted to belong to since I got into pinball about 5 years ago. I finally brought one home. Playfield looks great, LED's installed and the upper playfield is clear like glass. It even has a pretty cool alternate translight along with the original that I'm guessing is homebrew. Will post a few pics later.

Looking forward to posting in the future...

#781 5 years ago
Quoted from Manhattan:

This is a club I've wanted to belong to since I got into pinball about 5 years ago. I finally brought one home.

Congrats on joining the club! It's one of my favorite games to play at the moment. The rules by pinball_keefer in this game are pretty much perfect, in my opinion.

#782 5 years ago

On the left only one shows that its up when it is, and in the test screen it does change when it drops. the rest all show they are down when they are up, and the inserts are lit . On the back drop next to the upper playfield the outer two show right, and the inner two show down when up, and their inserts are lit. On the right drops its the same as the left. I look for broker wires but didn't find any.

bump this see if anyone has any ideas. V/R

#783 5 years ago

Have you confirmed continuity on the drop target wires?

The drop target opto switches are normally closed. The drop target dropping breaks the opto line of sight, opening the switch. It's possible the optos are simply dirty. Could be the optos have died/weakened to the point where they're not putting enough light out to activate the sensor. You can try to evaluate them using a digital camera or your cell phone: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/testing-optos-with-iphone

This thread has some discussion from people who were having drop target opto issues.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-optos

#784 5 years ago

misterschu, thank you for the reply. I give those links a read, and check out the machine again.

#785 5 years ago

Just joined the club. Anyone know of custom rule cards for download anywhere?

#786 5 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Ya, here's a couple... WPT not so easy to find rule cards as other titles...

http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/instruction/index.htm

http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/

(Edit) PS... Welcome to the club fellow Canuck.

#787 5 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Try these.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-poker-tour-pinball-club/page/13#post-3986289

1 week later
#788 5 years ago

Is it just me or do a lot of people buy this game, love it for a short time, and then can’t wait to get rid of it?

It seems like a great pin, especially for the $. It has fun modes, it shoots well, it’s supposedly has super deep code(I haven’t seen much of the game yet), it has tons of drop targets, multiple multiballs...What am i missing here? Does it get stale that fast?

I just bought one so I guess I’ll be able to answer my own question at some point. I’m the meantime, I’d like to know what you guys think. What is it that puts this one on the chopping block?

78BA0287-7301-486F-B692-7057ED95ADDF (resized).jpeg78BA0287-7301-486F-B692-7057ED95ADDF (resized).jpeg

#789 5 years ago

What do you guys think about incandescent vs led bulbs in this game? Mine came with LEDs and there is a significant amount of flickering. I don’t know if I want to spend $200 on an OCD board. What are your thoughts?

#790 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

What do you guys think about incandescent vs led bulbs in this game?

I think incandescents look fine in it. Drives me nuts when i see a machine with LEDs that flicker.

#791 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

What do you guys think about incandescent vs led bulbs in this game? Mine came with LEDs and there is a significant amount of flickering. I don’t know if I want to spend $200 on an OCD board. What are your thoughts?

IMO, the OCD board makes a HUGE difference in this game. Well worth it if you decide to go down that path.

#792 5 years ago
Quoted from williams:

IMO, the OCD board makes a HUGE difference in this game. Well worth it if you decide to go down that path.

Agreed. It's worth it!

#793 5 years ago

I watched some LED OCD side by side videos and decided to pull the trigger on one. Can’t wait to see the light show without the flicker!

#794 5 years ago

Good move. I put an OCD board in my WPT and it made a huge difference. I wouldn't be able to play the game with flickering LED's. That would drive me nuts.

QSS

#795 5 years ago

Sometimes I need to press the left flipper button to release a ball that is stopped on the left ramp wireform by the coil. Is this normal operation? Seems strange.

#796 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Is it just me or do a lot of people buy this game, love it for a short time, and then can’t wait to get rid of it?
It seems like a great pin, especially for the $. It has fun modes, it shoots well, it’s supposedly has super deep code(I haven’t seen much of the game yet), it has tons of drop targets, multiple multiballs...What am i missing here? Does it get stale that fast?
I just bought one so I guess I’ll be able to answer my own question at some point. I’m the meantime, I’d like to know what you guys think. What is it that puts this one on the chopping block?

It's not a lot of fun to play. Yes it's a good playfield, lots to do, but I'm not smiling when I'm playing.
Don't know why this is - probably sound effects as they could be a lot better.

#797 5 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

It's not a lot of fun to play. Yes it's a good playfield, lots to do, but I'm not smiling when I'm playing.
Don't know why this is - probably sound effects as they could be a lot better.

I guess that’s the answer I expected. Different strokes.
I played this game on location a dozen or so times in the past and I didn’t ever get excited about it. Now that I have one in my home it’s feels like a different game. I am really enjoying it.

#798 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Sometimes I need to press the left flipper button to release a ball that is stopped on the left ramp wireform by the coil. Is this normal operation? Seems strange.

This is not normal operation on V14. What version of code are you running? You could try factory reset the settings, but I can't think of one that would control this.

#799 5 years ago
Quoted from misterschu:

This is not normal operation on V14. What version of code are you running? You could try factory reset the settings, but I can't think of one that would control this.

That’s what I figured. I am running V14.0. Thanks

#800 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

How long are you waiting before pressing the flipper button?

There is a setting to hold the ball on the ramp while it displays the cards, then the post drops and the game continues. This does make the game a bit stop/start but can be changed so the post doesn't come up at all. Pressing the flipper will drop the post immediately.

If however the ball remains there with the post up indefinitely and only drops when the left flipper is engaged it is most likely a mechanical problem with the post, and it's the vibration from the flipper firing which is allowing the post to drop.

Either way it gives you something to start investigating.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Machine - For Sale
Warwick, RI
$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,216 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-poker-tour-pinball-club/page/16?hl=misterschu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.