D1800BFC-7FC5-44C7-A5D9-F4EED8EC0AA5 (resized).jpeg
8C85BFCF-7AFE-4DB3-A70B-4DB0313A10E4 (resized).jpeg
286323460_757367712301053_7458703656827351659_n (resized).jpg
detail (resized).jpg
IMG_6891 (resized).JPG
Coil on shooter lane (resized).jpg
IMG_0381 (resized).JPG
IMG_20220202_123229.jpg
There are 1,216 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 25.
#551 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I really liked the layout that "Williams" posted so I emmulated it and made a couple of more options.

Nice job! I particularly like the second one.

#552 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I really liked the layout that "Williams" posted so I emmulated it and made a couple of more options.

That second one is the best wpt alternate I have seen so far, in my opinion.

#553 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Excellent work. I like the top one although they are both excellent.

#554 7 years ago
Quoted from TheBrewhouse:

That second one is the best wpt alternate I have seen so far, in my opinion.

I like (not love) the original but I would take one of those.

#555 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Outstanding!

Very nice incorporation of colors and world locations theme - I especially like the second one. I would be all over this if I still had my WPT!

#556 7 years ago

Hi everyone, I am looking for four more people to get in on another run of Alt WPT translites. PM me to reserve your spot!
WPT Master Translite REV Low Res (resized).jpgWPT Master Translite REV Low Res (resized).jpg

#557 7 years ago

Come up people. PM him. I need a new translite!

1 week later
#558 7 years ago

These are available now at mezelmods. 3D printed by Joe Zenkus. Painted by Modfather. Can be used on any title.

WPT Square (resized).jpgWPT Square (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#559 7 years ago

The search for the alternate translite hit enough dead ends that I decided to make my own.

20161217_221249 (resized).jpg20161217_221249 (resized).jpg

wpt-alternate-final-1200px (resized).pngwpt-alternate-final-1200px (resized).png

#560 7 years ago

they look ok i guess, even the nude Girlie one pass's, but I'm a still a sucker for the original one

backglass (resized).jpgbackglass (resized).jpg

#561 7 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

they look ok i guess, even the nude Girlie one pass's, but I'm a still a sucker for the original one

same here, I do like the vegas strip ones

#562 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I went with all frosted Comet 2835 Sunlight white bulbs with mine and think it looks great. I mixed in some frosted color (blue and red) in the backboard and skillshot area to add a little color but this game really "pops" in white. I also used the pop bumper ring lights which really brighten that area up.
I would also recommend the LED OCD board on this game as there is a lot of fading programmed into the game.-in particular the attract mode.

Thanks for your advice. I finally got my WPT all set up with LED's and the LED OCD board. What a difference the LED's make and the LED OCD board is an absolute must have, what a huge difference this makes.
In the past I had never wanted to use LED's in anything due to the strobing effect from LED's and quiet frankly some games looked like rainbow vomit from poor LED choices. After doing WPT and doing it right, I wouldn't hesitate to LED another game.

WPT looks amazing.

QSS

2 months later
#563 7 years ago

Has anyone had an issue of the game starting without the Advance Hold Em lit? Every few games, Ill start it and the light isnt lit, and I dont start with any cards. I have to shoot a advance ramp to get my starting hole cards. Seems like it reverts back to normal after a few games. My vendor isnt sure what to do either. Any advice?

#564 7 years ago
Quoted from djoverpour:

Has anyone had an issue of the game starting without the Advance Hold Em lit? Every few games, Ill start it and the light isnt lit, and I dont start with any cards. I have to shoot a advance ramp to get my starting hole cards. Seems like it reverts back to normal after a few games. My vendor isnt sure what to do either. Any advice?

Sounds like it doesn't know the ball is in the shooter lane. Check the switch. Bear in mind it may be an intermittent fault and the switch MAY seem to test okay.

1 month later
#565 6 years ago

I know this was addressed somewhere but I can't find it. I am getting a lot of drop target rejects off of the 4 bank drops just below the upper playfield when they are hit hard. The rubber behind them seems to keep them from dropping. Was there a fix for this? Thanks!

2 weeks later
#566 6 years ago

Hi all, while lowering my playfield, something got caught up and the first/lower set of drop targets on the left side did not come up when a game was started. In looking, I found a couple wires that look like they came loose (see pic). Any help on where these should go would be hugely appreciated!

IMG_7238 (resized).JPGIMG_7238 (resized).JPG

#567 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Hi all, while lowering my playfield, something got caught up and the first/lower set of drop targets on the left side did not come up when a game was started. In looking, I found a couple wires that look like they came loose (see pic). Any help on where these should go would be hugely appreciated!

If nobody has a pic up by tonight I will snap one and share it!

#568 6 years ago

I just brought mine home last night. Need to move it from the garage to my game room and I too can snap a pic

#569 6 years ago

Help? I'm running out the door but can clarify tonight

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#570 6 years ago

Here are my 2 FWIW!

both (resized).jpgboth (resized).jpg

closeup (resized).jpgcloseup (resized).jpg

#571 6 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Here are my 2 FWIW!

Nice!
Between our pics I hope he can fix it!

#572 6 years ago

Stripped and cleaned my centre drop bank. It is nice and 'snappy' now.
Still love this game. It was my first Stern and it ain't going anywhere anytime soon. So many different ways to play it.

Might strip and clean the back panel lock/elevator/upkicker today. See if I can get it to reject fewer balls.

#573 6 years ago

Ok. I have had the VUK out of the game and immediately spotted why we see balls rejected from the Extra Ball/lock shot. There is a leaf spring that is supposed to ensure that a one way gate stops the ball from rejecting. This spring gets bent up over time and doesn't work properly.
I bent the spring back down (you can swivel the gate out of the way to make this easier) and reassembled it after a clean. Works flawlessly now with not one single reject after multiple games.

Here is the spring in question.

You_Doodle_2017-05-21T13_36_23Z.jpgYou_Doodle_2017-05-21T13_36_23Z.jpg

#574 6 years ago

Back in business! Thanks for the pics. In case it helps anyone in the future, the nut holding the track the playfield slides on was loose, causing it to stick out a little further than it should - that was what the wires caught on when I was lowering the playfield. Thanks again for the help!

IMG_7241 (resized).JPGIMG_7241 (resized).JPG

#575 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Back in business! Thanks for the pics. In case it helps anyone in the future, the nut holding the track the playfield slides on was loose, causing it to stick out a little further than it should - that was what the wires caught on when I was lowering the playfield. Thanks again for the help!

Thank you for the follow up; I wondered what had caused the issue!

#576 6 years ago

hey guys
Pulled my wpt off route, which got almost no play, and have some parts to freshen it up.

However looking at it, is the game missing some posts?
This pic is of the middle 4 bank targets

Also how bad is replacing the upper pf? honestly. Looks a tad crappy but doable

IMG_3263 (resized).JPGIMG_3263 (resized).JPG

#577 6 years ago

Am pretty sure those posts are missing on my machine as well but I am not near it to verify.

#578 6 years ago

Mine does not have posts behind those drops, looks like yours.

#579 6 years ago

Agreed, no posts on mine. The upper playfield is not hard to remove. It is just a pain because you have to remove the flippers and then later add them back and realign.

#580 6 years ago

Awesome!

Thanks for confirming guys!

#581 6 years ago

Went to do all leds, ordered bullet style by accident and they are too long I'll have to wait to pull the upper pf until the new leds come. So I can swap the bulbs underneath.

However replaced a handful of coil sleeves and cleaned the shooter rod plunger.

Any common things that the game has issues with?

My right drop target bank has 3 out of 4 dropping very slow so I was going to pull that out and check the washers

#582 6 years ago

I worked with pinsider HankScorpio to create this interactive GI lighting for WPT:

WPT is a seriously fun game and I really like how the interactive GI came out.

#583 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I worked with pinsider HankScorpio to create this interactive GI lighting for WPT:

Looks nice, but you should seriously consider an LED OCD board for this game.

#584 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Looks nice, but you should seriously consider an LED OCD board for this game.

Addressable LEDs used in the GI are completely independent of the GI normally used in the game. Of course, the LED OCD for controlled lights is phenomenal.

#585 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Addressable LEDs used in the GI are completely independent of the GI normally used in the game. Of course, the LED OCD for controlled lights is phenomenal.

Yeah, I'm talking about for the inserts. In the video they look very blinky and stroby. The OCD board will help smooth this out.

1 week later
#586 6 years ago

This game looks so much better with leds I almost thought the inserts were yellow

Just need to pull the upper pf, swap lights and rubbers and she'll be done

IMG_3305 (resized).JPGIMG_3305 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#587 6 years ago

The scoop at the shooter lane to the upper pf, the top plate welds broke. It is zip tied, I am finding a local welder but this same thing happen(ed)s to the eject trough scoop as well. Are people welding or using jb weld for this tab welds break?

#588 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

The scoop at the shooter lane to the upper pf, the top plate welds broke. It is zip tied, I am finding a local welder but this same thing happen(ed)s to the eject trough scoop as well. Are people welding or using jb weld for this tab welds break?

TIG weld. It also needs a copper block holding on the inside of the two pieces of metal being welded to prevent melt through.

#589 6 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

TIG weld. It also needs a copper block holding on the inside of the two pieces of metal being welded to prevent melt through.

Alrighty...I pm'd vid1900 as well and he said the same. I removed the rubber and I'll take off the stickers tonight. Then bring all the ejects that cracked with me Thursday to the weld shop. I'll update!

Thanks!

#590 6 years ago

WPT scoop fixed! Had the local weld shop weld a handful of my scoops. Excited to put it all back together....as cute as zip ties are

IMG_3344 (resized).JPGIMG_3344 (resized).JPG

IMG_3345 (resized).JPGIMG_3345 (resized).JPG

#591 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

WPT scoop fixed! Had the local weld shop weld a handful of my scoops. Excited to put it all back together....as cute as zip ties are

If you want to remove all traces of weld scorching and put the 'grain' back in the stainless steel, then green Scotch-Brite works perfectly.

#592 6 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

If you want to remove all traces of weld scorching and put the 'grain' back in the stainless steel, then green Scotch-Brite works perfectly.

Thanks! I'll try that on the scoop

Well I got the rubbers and leds done. Just need to scan and put the stickers back on the scoop. All waxed and smelling delicious!

Game looks fantastic with leds. At upper pf was dirty! And I like the clear pop caps to get even more light around.

IMG_3349 (resized).JPGIMG_3349 (resized).JPG

IMG_3350 (resized).JPGIMG_3350 (resized).JPG

IMG_3351 (resized).JPGIMG_3351 (resized).JPG

IMG_3352 (resized).JPGIMG_3352 (resized).JPG

#593 6 years ago

Definitely need to LED mine.

1 week later
#594 6 years ago

Just finished wpt. I'll miss the game for the sweet deep code but it is for sale. Ad in the market.

The white leds and new clear upper pf are amazing. The white rubbers in the upper pf really get some bounce going

IMG_3391 (resized).JPGIMG_3391 (resized).JPG

IMG_3409 (resized).JPGIMG_3409 (resized).JPG

#595 6 years ago

I'm in. Should have the game in a week or two.

#596 6 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

I'm in. Should have the game in a week or two.

If you're excited and haven't played the game much (before buying), watch akm videos or papa gameplay on it. Holy smokes are there strategies!!!

#597 6 years ago

Just joined the club! Game is hard!
I want to get mirror blades and LED's... the translite reflects on the glass and I find it hard to see the upper playfield.
It's a great game...!

IMG_0573 (resized).JPGIMG_0573 (resized).JPG

#598 6 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

I want to get mirror blades and LED's... the translite reflects on the glass and I find it hard to see the upper playfield.
It's a great game...!

Welcome!

#599 6 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

It's a great game...!

#600 6 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

It's a great game...!

There are easy ways to mute the backbox lamp. Takes a minute or two, totally worth it.

Congrats on the purchase by the way, it's a great game. Miss mine, but I had a trade offer I couldn't refuse at the time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Bucks County, PA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,216 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-poker-tour-pinball-club/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.