Topic Stats

• 906 posts
  • 166 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by HankScorpio
  • Topic is favorited by 76 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 215 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

C6E63632-2835-4DFB-AD6F-CAD61F099E5B (resized).png
89702E25-C994-40F0-B8F7-7A041FF1F4D0 (resized).jpeg
20190929_133501 (resized).jpg
20190927_125706 (resized).jpg
20190927_125657 (resized).jpg
20190927_111521 (resized).jpg
20190613_192040 (resized).jpg
20190613_192107 (resized).jpg
20190613_192053 (resized).jpg
EFEF74B2-49F3-4E2B-A394-87047E2B4D34.jpeg
8EC65A77-9D77-42AE-99AC-A628AA1575AE.jpeg
53C00FDA-7A4B-4C0D-BB2D-5A93BA02E714.jpeg
AC07ACBD-6499-4CFC-BE90-5DC7F7C90524.jpeg
IMG_20190518_022848 (resized).jpg
Bladeb (resized).jpg
Bladea (resized).jpg

There are 906 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 19.
#501 3 years ago

Still have more sets available for folks who want new targets $25US per set shipping included (US / CDN) you can choose from Original or face cards. Note Queen of Speade is included in the set. Just not present in sample.

img.photobucket.com_albums_v203_windoesnot_IMG_0602_zpsxmv90ubs_(resized).jpg

sample_(resized).png

#502 3 years ago

Anyone know where I can get the plastic piece that hold the drop targets up for the left drop bank? I made the stern fix and it ended up breaking a few months after the fact. Its the plastic piece the 2 screws go into on each side of the target and the update was adding the washers. Thanks

#503 3 years ago

I just dropped the file off at a print shop, they should have it done for me next week sometime. I will keep everyone updated. Now I just need to finish the shop job on my WPT!

#504 3 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

Anyone know where I can get the plastic piece that hold the drop targets up for the left drop bank? I made the stern fix and it ended up breaking a few months after the fact. Its the plastic piece the 2 screws go into on each side of the target and the update was adding the washers. Thanks

Pinball life has it.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2861

#506 3 years ago

Look what I picked up today! If I have time to put it behind glass tonight I will post some pics.IMG_0091_(resized).JPG

#507 3 years ago

Here it is! I really like how it came out. Soooo much better than the original translite. Now I just need to build a LED backbox insert to get rid of that harsh fluorescent light. FYI, it is installed on my XMEN, I am in the middle of a shop job on my WPT.

PM me for details.

IMG_0095_(resized).JPGIMG_0098_(resized).JPG

#508 3 years ago

That's a BIG improvement over the original.

The guy who makes those is on pinside...right?

#509 3 years ago

I have a whitewood playfield for sale.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/35181

#510 3 years ago

I purchased a WPT last night and set it up today. It is in excellent condition and has been nearly unused for the past 6 years. I will install new rubber, polish the upper playfield and install LEDs on the playfield. Does anyone have a schematic of lighting they installed or some example pics (I haven't looked through this entire thread yet). I am interested in both colors and intensity of the lighting installed. Thanks in advance.

#511 3 years ago

Yeah, that translite looks great. If I still had my machine I would have loved to pick one of these up.

#512 3 years ago

As much as I like it, I would still want the "Stern Pinball" and "SRP" monikers. That's important to me.

2 weeks later
#513 3 years ago

It actually happened!

I was able to triple this shot - I think it awarded 12M+

wpt_(resized).jpg

#514 3 years ago

Wow, that's awesome Aaron! Never seen that. Now if we can only get you that new translite....

#515 3 years ago
Quoted from sckurk:

Wow, that's awesome Aaron! Never seen that. Now if we can only get you that new translite....

Still holding out hope!

#516 3 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Still holding out hope!

Sorry for the silence everyone! I am waiting to hear back from the printer to see if they can do a two print process on the translite. The blacks are a little washed-out (still better than the original translite though ) I will know this week. Thanks for your patience!

#517 3 years ago
Quoted from williams:

It actually happened!

Congrats - that is amazing! To actually get a royal flush (which I never have come close to getting) and then to also successfully use the 3X with it has to be a highly rare occurrence.

#518 3 years ago
Quoted from williams:

It actually happened!

I love the color dmd in it too!

#519 3 years ago

I reached out to Keith and Bowen about the odds of this happening, and they put it at about 1/1960 assuming the first two cards dealt were part of the royal. Keith previously said there's a 1/5 chance of being dealt suited connectors as the flop and a small set of those would be two to the royal. I'm unlikely to see it again!

1 month later
#520 3 years ago

I'll be attempting to play my WPT for over 28hrs for this :-

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Wayne-Johns

An easy way to be in with a chance of getting some fantastic pinball mods for a fraction of the cost of normal.

I'd be grateful if you could take the time to visit, read and share the page - even if you don't intend to donate.

Thanks

What call out do you think I'll be most p!$$ed off with by the end of the challenge?.

#521 3 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

I love the color dmd in it too!

Just added one in mine. Looks great!

#522 3 years ago

Finally joining up, been a 2 year wait & lucky enough 1 popped up 4sale in great condition, Now to go back & read all 11 pages to pick up any tricks/mods etc

WPT LAD (resized).jpg

#523 3 years ago

I've had one for about a month now and I like the art, cabinet and playfield are fine by me. I like the backglass and music/callouts. I like the color dot matrix, the mirror blades. I really like the gameplay, now that I know what to shoot for. Nothing to complain about here, best bang for the buck machine out there. Winner in my book.

#524 3 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Finally joining up, been a 2 year wait & lucky enough 1 popped up 4sale in great condition, Now to go back & read all 11 pages to pick up any tricks/mods etc

Congratulations.
The cheapest/easiest mod I have for this game is a brighter card pack cover. The black one looks so dull. Give me a PM if you want it. It is a Word file and needs no re-sizing. Just print and stick on with BluTack.

Here it is installed on my game.

image (resized).jpeg

3 weeks later
#525 3 years ago

If anyone is interested in an alternate translite for their WPT PM me for details. Please make sure to PM by Thursday night.

Thanks!

WPT Alt Translite REV (resized).jpg

IMG_0098 (resized).JPG

#526 3 years ago

Someone in OK/KS/MO/AR/LA/TX got the hookup on a game...I've had the itch for a while and need to scratch...

#527 3 years ago
Quoted from HankScorpio:

If anyone is interested in an alternate translite for their WPT PM me for details. Please make sure to PM by Thursday night.
Thanks!

I think this looks great! Order placed.

#528 3 years ago

Here's a shot of it installed on my WPT. IMG_1070 (resized).JPG

#529 3 years ago

Sending the file off to the printer tomorrow. PM me to get in on the order.

WPT Alt Translite REV (resized).jpg

#530 3 years ago

I'm looking at LEDing my WPT and I was looking at Cointakers Pro LED kit with non ghosting LED's for $178.95. Anyone use this kit and can you give me any feedback?

Thanks,

QSS

#531 3 years ago

I'd recommend counting out the inserts and picking out the LEDs yourself. It will cost you considerably less than buying a pre-selected kit.

#532 3 years ago
Quoted from akm:

I'd recommend counting out the inserts and picking out the LEDs yourself. It will cost you considerably less than buying a pre-selected kit.

This is what I did and I am really happy with the results. It takes a bit of time figuring out what you need, but IMO it was totally worth it.

#533 3 years ago
Quoted from HankScorpio:

This is what I did and I am really happy with the results. It takes a bit of time figuring out what you need, but IMO it was totally worth it.

Yeah, it's not hard but it does take a little bit longer. The thing about piecing it all out instead of buying a kit is you will probably get individual discounts for bundles of the same types of LEDs, or a percentage off your entire purchase. You can probably put together a full conversion with half the money a kit sells for, and you will possibly be happier with the results.

#534 3 years ago

I didn't buy a kit for my WPT, but I did replace all of my playfield bulbs with Coin Taker's Premium 2 non-ghosting bulbs and have been happy with them. The one time I purchased a kit from CT, it was missing various bulbs. Melissa was very good about correcting the problem, but it took a couple rounds of coordination to get things right.

#535 3 years ago

I went with all frosted Comet 2835 Sunlight white bulbs with mine and think it looks great. I mixed in some frosted color (blue and red) in the backboard and skillshot area to add a little color but this game really "pops" in white. I also used the pop bumper ring lights which really brighten that area up.

I would also recommend the LED OCD board on this game as there is a lot of fading programmed into the game.-in particular the attract mode.

#536 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I didn't buy a kit for my WPT, but I did replace all of my playfield bulbs with Coin Taker's Premium 2 non-ghosting bulbs and have been happy with them.

Did you use a frosted bulb or did you use one of their other LED bulbs?

QSS

#537 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I went with all frosted Comet 2835 Sunlight white bulbs with mine and think it looks great. I mixed in some frosted color (blue and red) in the backboard and skillshot area to add a little color but this game really "pops" in white. I also used the pop bumper ring lights which really brighten that area up.
I would also recommend the LED OCD board on this game as there is a lot of fading programmed into the game.-in particular the attract mode.

I already have the pop bumper ring lights and I agree, they look great and really light up the area under the mini playfield.

Did you replace all of your bulbs on the game or only the inserts?

How difficult is it to program the LED OCD board to adjust the light to different levels?

Also, I see that non ghosting LED's are NOT recommended when using the OCD board. So the Comet 2835 Sunlight white bulbs you used are just standard LED lights?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm a LED newb.

QSS

#538 3 years ago

I had the OCD board in my WPT and I didn't make a single configuration change to it. Pretty sure I was using standard CT super brights, or whatever they are called, all over the playfield for inserts. I have really only felt the need to make adjustments on a handful of games I have had the board in, most games look fine out of the box without any OCD tweaks if you aren't using LEDs that are extremely bright (for instance, don't use clear-domed, two-LED types; you will definitely need to lower the brightness in that scenario).

You can see my old WPT with OCD in it here:

#539 3 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelb:

Did you use a frosted bulb or did you use one of their other LED bulbs?
QSS

I used frosted for the GI/back panel and the 2 LEDs under playfield inserts.

#540 3 years ago

I got my WPT alternate translite from HankScorpio last night and installed it in my game. It's tough to get a good photo of it as I have an LED tube behind it, but I think it's a huge improvement over the stock translite and I'm really happy with it!

IMG_20161003_173835358 (resized).jpg

#541 3 years ago

Yeah, that alternate translite is awesome. If I get another WPT, that will be the first thing I do to it.

#542 3 years ago

am I the only one who likes the original? its not great but it reminds me of the show I loved to watch back in the day when texas hold em exploded.. ah the memories.

#543 3 years ago
Quoted from rollinover:

am I the only one who likes the original? its not great but it reminds me of the show I loved to watch back in the day when texas hold em exploded.. ah the memories.

I wouldn't go that far, but I do like it more than the replacements.

#544 3 years ago

I picked up one of the alternates. Fast shipping, looks great out of the game. How does it look in? I bought it for when I get the game back in my collection again. I know sometimes alternates can be too thin and the back gets very light, how is this one?

1 month later
#545 3 years ago

Thinking about doing another run of alternate WPT translites. PM me if you are interested.wpt (resized).jpg

#546 3 years ago

Here are some more alt translite options for anyone interested. Just seemed like the dogs needed to be available as a fun novelty.

WPT 2016 v2 PsT (resized).jpg
wpt JET 1 pst (resized).jpg
WPT jet v2 PST (resized).jpg
World Poker Tour new type vdogs PST (resized).jpg

#547 3 years ago

Sadly, I'm no longer a member of this prestigious club as my WPT is now speeding across country to its new owner.

Great game and I hope to be fortunate enough to rejoin at some point!

#548 3 years ago

Still looking for this translite if anyone has an extra or a source.

wpt-translite (resized).jpg

#549 3 years ago

The Dogs Playing Poker translite is the funniest one I've seen.

1 week later
#550 3 years ago

I really liked the layout that "Williams" posted so I emmulated it and made a couple of more options.

WPT PC v1 pst (resized).jpg

WPT v2 revPST (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 72.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
There are 906 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 19.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside