D1800BFC-7FC5-44C7-A5D9-F4EED8EC0AA5 (resized).jpeg
8C85BFCF-7AFE-4DB3-A70B-4DB0313A10E4 (resized).jpeg
286323460_757367712301053_7458703656827351659_n (resized).jpg
detail (resized).jpg
IMG_6891 (resized).JPG
Coil on shooter lane (resized).jpg
IMG_0381 (resized).JPG
IMG_20220202_123229.jpg
There are 1,216 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 25.
#451 8 years ago

The first one is fantastic with the card suits. Good job.

#452 8 years ago

I still like your original, once you add the Colordmd, yours will be fine!

#453 8 years ago

I'm in. Had it a couple years now. Great game

#454 8 years ago

I think this one looks incredible. How do we get it?

Thanks

2e264b565507b4c5c5c5effd722eed2faecd508c_(resized).jpg2e264b565507b4c5c5c5effd722eed2faecd508c_(resized).jpg

#455 8 years ago
Quoted from HankScorpio:

Added another version with card suits on top and bottom. See original post.

The addition of the card suits is definitely an improvement! I'd be interested in seeing your other idea of showing the name of each tournament city in a particular color too if you have a chance. I think that would emphasize the variety of locations as well as add some more color.

Thanks!

#456 8 years ago

Thanks for everyone's feedback! I have come up with the hi-res version and need to contact a friend who has a print shop and see if this is something he can handle. I will let everyone know what I find out. If anyone has any experience printing translites please feel free to chime in, this is a first for me. I have attached the "almost complete" version for everyone to take a look at. I made the card suits smaller and closer together, I am still not sure if I prefer the original card suit layout or the new one. What do you think?

Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

The addition of the card suits is definitely an improvement! I'd be interested in seeing your other idea of showing the name of each tournament city in a particular color too if you have a chance. I think that would emphasize the variety of locations as well as add some more color.
Thanks!

I tried changing the color of the cities and it ended up looking like a rainbow! I think color changing LED strips or backbox bulbs will help give the cities some "movement". I will continue to tweak this area though and see if I find something that works.

World_Poker_Tour_Alt_(resized).jpgWorld_Poker_Tour_Alt_(resized).jpg

WPT_Master_Translite_v3_(resized).jpgWPT_Master_Translite_v3_(resized).jpg

#457 8 years ago

The think the first version with the colored suites father apart is much better. Great work!

#458 8 years ago
Quoted from TheBrewhouse:

The think the first version with the colored suites father apart is much better. Great work!

Yeah, I like the version with the larger card suits as well! Thanks!

#459 8 years ago

Ever try a green background, like poker table felt. Then you can go with black spades and clubs around the outside. Could offer a little more color that way.

#460 8 years ago

Personally, I don't think it needs any more colour. Look at the actual cabinet - predominately black (almost monochrome) with just the cards and logo to bring out a bit of colour. The translite is much more of a match as is, rather than adding more colour.
Not all machines have to have OTT colours and light shows.

The only thing I would say is that the cards on the translate (top right) don't all feature on the drop targets. (Whereas all the cards on the cabinet itself do). Would prefer it if they were spades.

#461 8 years ago

And add the WPT logo to the poker chips. Your design looks great otherwise.

QSS

#462 8 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

The only thing I would say is that the cards on the translate (top right) don't all feature on the drop targets. (Whereas all the cards on the cabinet itself do). Would prefer it if they were spades.

I will try and switch out the cards to ones on the drops. The only problem with doing all spades would to loss of color on the cards, but I could use the red suits on the drops. I will give it a shot.

Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

And add the WPT logo to the poker chips. Your design looks great otherwise.
QSS

Great suggestion! I will try and work on it today.

#463 8 years ago

Here is the translite with WPT on the chips.

WPT_Master_Translite_v4_(resized).jpgWPT_Master_Translite_v4_(resized).jpg

#464 8 years ago

That looks great! I would be in for one even though I don't own the game anymore. I am sure I'll own another one at some point

#465 8 years ago

Hey guys, I'm looking to join the club. Is there anything I should specifically watch out for? Any common problems/issues with WPT?

#466 8 years ago

Ace in the Hole lock and drop target issues are probably the main things to look for.

#467 7 years ago

I pick up a WPT on Sunday.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#468 7 years ago
Quoted from WakiMiko:

Hey guys, I'm looking to join the club. Is there anything I should specifically watch out for? Any common problems/issues with WPT?

I haven't run into any real issues in the year and a half I've owned mine other than the Ace In The Hole lock occasionally not registering due to typical opto malfunctions.

Quoted from stoptap:

Congrats!

#469 7 years ago

Thanks akm and Tuna_Delight, I'll make sure to check them!

Quoted from stoptap:

image_(resized).jpeg

Saturday here, got you beat!

It will be my first pin!!

#470 7 years ago
Quoted from WakiMiko:

Thanks akm and Tuna_Delight, I'll make sure to check them!

Saturday here, got you beat!
It will be my first pin!!

Ooh exciting. The first one is always special. Enjoy !

#471 7 years ago
Quoted from HankScorpio:

WPT_Master_Translite_v4_(resized).jpg

That looks excellent!! I will take one please.

QSS

#472 7 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

That looks excellent!! I will take one please.
QSS

Thanks! I am hoping to get a test print done this week.

On a side note: whenever I pick up a new pin I always like to see what mods people have come up with. It seems like WPT has almost no dedicated mods out there. I have seen poker chips and playing cards on the pf and plastics, but that seems to be it. Has anyone come up with anything cool for their WPT?

#473 7 years ago

I've added (and can recommend) the following mods for WPT:

• ColorDMD display
• Custom instruction cards
• Undercab lighting
• Speaker Light Kits speaker lights and acrylics
• Playfield LEDs
• BriteButtons illuminated LED flipper buttons
• Mirror blades
• Playfield protector
• New (replacement) upper playfield
• BriteCaps LED bumper caps
• FlashInstinct's (Pinsider) target & AITH decals
• Super-Bands flipper rubbers & mini post rubbers
• Cliffy shooter eject and lane protector
• Pinball Life premium ultra-gloss pinballs
WPT poker chips
• PinGulp beverage holder

Additionally, Laseriffic makes a topper for WPT that's nice and I hope to add PDI glass at some point.

#474 7 years ago

For anyone interested, I came across this recently added WPT gameplay/info video on YouTube that's pretty good:

In fact, all of the various pinball game videos by Austin (AKM Pinball Videos) appear to be of good quality and he provides them in different versions too: with and without commentary, as well as a rotated full screen image for best viewing on cell phones and tablets.

#475 7 years ago

Yay, it's home and I'm loving it.

#476 7 years ago

I've added (and can recommend) the following mods for WPT:
• ColorDMD display
• Custom instruction cards
• Undercab lighting
• Speaker Light Kits speaker lights and acrylics
• Playfield LEDs
• BriteButtons illuminated LED flipper buttons
• Mirror blades
• Playfield protector
• New (replacement) upper playfield
• BriteCaps LED bumper caps
• FlashInstinct's (Pinsider) target & AITH decals
• Super-Bands flipper rubbers & mini post rubbers
• Cliffy shooter eject and lane protector
• Pinball Life premium ultra-gloss pinballs
WPT poker chips
• PinGulp beverage holder
Additionally, Laseriffic makes a topper for WPT that's nice and I hope to add PDI glass at some point.

I'd recommend adding Flipper Fidelity's Animated LED Backbox Light to that list.. I don't own one, but I saw it in action and it looks really nice - makes the translight look good, lol.

#477 7 years ago
Quoted from Grimes:

I'd recommend adding Flipper Fidelity's Animated LED Backbox Light to that list.. I don't own one, but I saw it in action and it looks really nice - makes the translight look good, lol.
» YouTube video

That looks really good. I'd get one but shipping and import tax is a right old pain in the arse.

#478 7 years ago

Getting to grips with the rules a bit now (long way to go).

#479 7 years ago
Quoted from Grimes:

Thanks - I wasn't aware of that one. I'll have to give that some consideration as maybe the translite could use a little help.

#480 7 years ago

The flasher integration is what really makes that backbox LED kit. They are expensive, but if you have your backbox flashing like the old Sega and Data East games prior to when they moved to the tube lighting, it's worth the price.

#481 7 years ago

FYI... Updated ROM released that colored the missing "Super Trick" mini-mode... I missed this in the initial coloring of WPT for ColorDMD

#483 7 years ago

Does WPT need Cliffy slot protectors or just Mylar on the ball drop area? I can't tell from any pics if the ramps drop the ball in front of the slot or on top of it. Thanks!

#484 7 years ago

I've had my mini playfield apart to polish it up. I'm removing the red bumper caps and putting clear in with LED bumper lights.
I'll post a pic later if if it looks better than when I started.

#485 7 years ago

How do you plan to polish your mini playfield? Anbody have any techniques, products, or before and after pics they'd care to share? I've hit it with Novus 2 and it cleaned up nicely (it was literally opaque when I got it) but there is still a haze and the fine scratches from the Novus. Any chance of getting it as clear as the areas where the ball doesn't touch?

#486 7 years ago
Quoted from msarac:

How do you plan to polish your mini playfield? Anbody have any techniques, products, or before and after pics they'd care to share? I've hit it with Novus 2 and it cleaned up nicely (it was literally opaque when I got it) but there is still a haze and the fine scratches from the Novus. Any chance of getting it as clear as the areas where the ball doesn't touch?

I think you can still buy a replacement for about $70

#487 7 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I think you can still buy a replacement for about $70

You can, and I probably will when it's all said and done, but I like to learn something with each restoration so I figure take this plastic as far as I can. My gofers could use a little shine up as well, so hopefully it can benefit from this as well.

#488 7 years ago
Quoted from msarac:

I used a Treasure Cove kit. Took a lot of effort. It isn't as good as new but it is miles better than it was.

Before:

After:

#489 7 years ago

Question for you seasoned WPT drivers. What determines the final score of a Hold Em hand ? I know the chips have a bearing. Why do you sometimes get a 2x value ?

#490 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Why do you sometimes get a 2x value

The multiplier is based on the cards in the final hand. 2x = 2 pair, 4x = straight, etc

#491 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Question for you seasoned WPT drivers. What determines the final score of a Hold Em hand ? I know the chips have a bearing. Why do you sometimes get a 2x value ?

The alternating 3X multiplier in the inlanes can also be applied toward the final value. So if you have a strong hand, ideally you want to run up the chip count by shooting the orbits repeatedly and then have the ball feed through a 3X lit inlane right before shooting (and making) a ramp for the river card.

However, if you have a crappy hand (high card or pair for example), probably best to save your 3X multiplier and just shoot the ramps to finish it and move on to the next hand.

#492 7 years ago
Quoted from TheBrewhouse:

The multiplier is based on the cards in the final hand. 2x = 2 pair, 4x = straight, etc

The alternating 3X multiplier in the inlanes can also be applied toward the final value. So if you have a strong hand, ideally you want to run up the chip count by shooting the orbits repeatedly and then have the ball feed through a 3X lit inlane right before shooting (and making) a ramp for the river card.
However, if you have a crappy hand (high card or pair for example), probably best to save your 3X multiplier and just shoot the ramps to finish it and move on to the next hand.

Thank you.

#493 7 years ago

Also worth considering if completing the hand will win you a tournament before using your 3x inlane multiplier

#494 7 years ago

I love the subtle depth of the rules on this game.

#495 7 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Also worth considering if completing the hand will win you a tournament before using your 3x inlane multiplier

You need to know what hand you are on. The last hand will win the tournament. It could take one, two, three, four, and up to five hands depending on how far you've moved in settings or what your software adjustments are set to.

Added over 8 years ago: *edit - Meant to say "cities", not "settings".

#496 7 years ago

I made an LED light board for my WPT.
I like how it makes the crappy translite really stand out.

#497 7 years ago
Quoted from HankScorpio:

Did this ever go anywhere? If anybody ever runs a classy alternate translite like this I'd be in for one.

#498 7 years ago
Quoted from boustrophedonic:

Did this ever go anywhere? If anybody ever runs a classy alternate translite like this I'd be in for one.

Me too.

QSS

#499 7 years ago

Might as well post here as well. If anyone has access to the postcards translite and can scan it, that would be great. I'm interested in a straight out purchase as well.

#500 7 years ago

Sorry for the extended silence, I have been busy making my Metallica LED Insert Mod

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-metallica-led-insert-mod-cross-chair-coffin-snake-1

I will have an update for everyone by the end of the week. I can't stand to look at my stock WPT translite any more!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warwick, RI
Trade
There are 1,216 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-poker-tour-pinball-club/page/10?hl=williams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.