Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by chubtoad13
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 months ago

Stern WPT, I've been slowly replacing rubbers and last time I lifted the playfield, when I put it back, the Ace in the Hole opto is registering false hits (there's two optos, the one that records the bar hits, and the one that records the locked ball. This is the one that records the bar hits). The flippers almost consistently cause the opto to fire. I've tried cleaning the opto surface with rubbing alcohol. I've tried re-seating the connector for that opto. The opto registers fine if I put my finger in the path of it. Doesn't fire if I knock on the upper playfield with my hand, only appears to be the flippers. If I disconnect the opto cable connector, the opto won't fire on flip. I'm not sure what next troubleshooting steps are, any help is appreciated!

#2 9 months ago

Hopefully someone else will chime in because my only thought probably won’t reveal anything, but you never know.

Have you tried to swap the optos at the board to see if the issue follows or remains at the bars?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
New Port Richey, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside