(Topic ID: 244564)

World Fair- tool to change recessed bulbs?

By phillyfan64

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
sleeve (resized).jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2869 (resized).jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_286a (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phillyfan64.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I'm trying to put 47 bulbs back into the backglass of my World Fair. The hotspots of leds on the match numbers across the top looks terrible. I cannot for the life of me get the 47s back in because my fingers are just too big for this recessed area. I got the leds out with this tool but it just doesn't work to put 47s back in. The bulbs are too thin and the tool just spins. I've try both end of this tool. I tried cutting the thin end to make it a little bigger. I've managed to replace only 2 bulbs out of 10. Is there a tool that actually works for this? Open to suggestions, homemade or store bought. Thank you.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2869 (resized).jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2869 (resized).jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_286a (resized).jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_286a (resized).jpg

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

go to lowes and get some rubber tubing that matches the bulb size.

Excellent idea, thanks.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballdaveh:

I’ve used shooter rubber tips before.

The shooter tip did the trick. Done! Replaced the whole row in about a minute after struggling with this all morning. So simple! Thanks guys.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phillyfan64.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-fair-tool-to-change-recessed-bulbs?tu=phillyfan64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.