Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1665 (resized).JPG
prybar (resized).png
wfspinpost (resized).jpg
IMG_1658 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

Does anyone know how to get this plastic part to come off? It's under the numbers wheel. I bought a new set of plastics from Pinball Resue and I'm trying to replace this piece. This piece does not want to come off. I loosened the 2 allen screws under the plastic and it still won't budge. I really don't want to take it entire assembly apart if I don't have to. Thanks.

IMG_1658 (resized).JPGIMG_1658 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

From memory you need to remove the upper bracket below which supports the spin roto plastic. It is held by a grub screw accessed through the side of the supporting pop bumper body but you need to mark & retain alignment otherwise the ferris wheel car numbers when accrued will not line up on the spinner. If you do remove the bracket & pop body you should find a round spacer made of cardboard to replace where a pop skirt would normally be placed. These are often missing or damaged.

wfspinpost (resized).jpgwfspinpost (resized).jpg

#3 6 years ago

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're talking about the 2 allen screws under the plastic (above playfield) that are accessed through a hole in the side of the bumper around the 9' o clock position. I did loosen both of those but it won't budge. Maybe it's just stuck to the shaft from being so old. I'll be sure to mark the position and try again. Thanks.

#4 6 years ago

Yes because the plastic is so close it is not easy to get a good grip. I believe I held the top plate while giving a slight tap to the centre shaft with a centre punch & that freed the top plate.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Yes because the plastic is so close it is not easy to get a good grip. I believe I held the top plate while giving a slight tap to the centre shaft with a centre punch & that freed the top plate.

This is frustrating. I was trying to pry it up but now it's so tight the wheel barely turns by hand. I'll try a center punch.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

From memory you need to remove the upper bracket below which supports the spin roto plastic. It is held by a grub screw accessed through the side of the supporting pop bumper body but you need to mark & retain alignment otherwise the ferris wheel car numbers when accrued will not line up on the spinner. If you do remove the bracket & pop body you should find a round spacer made of cardboard to replace where a pop skirt would normally be placed. These are often missing or damaged.

Exactly this. Right down to the spacer. I had to do the same thing(s).

#7 6 years ago

I'm confused. Are we talking a bracket below the playfield? I think what's happened now is since the shaft won't come loose, by me trying to pry it up, it's pulled the entire assembly too tight. So now the spring points are pushing too tight against the stepper rivots which is why it's hard to turn now.

#8 6 years ago

If I recall correctly, I had to wiggle waggle the circular plate on top and taptap it from underneath to get it loose. Once you get it loose, you can free up the mech so it moves smoothly.

#9 6 years ago

prybar (resized).pngprybar (resized).png

#10 6 years ago

Haha. Good one. It's not budging. Somebody must have glued it or used some heavy duty loctite. I tried WD40. I know that's a no no but I had to try it. No good. I also tried loosening the allen screws underneath the playfield to lift the whole shaft out. That didn't work either because there's an E clip under the gears that I can't get to without making this a major project.

#11 6 years ago

Well it took me all day but I finally got it. Took that round piece of the stepper off under the playfield. That allowed me to tap the rod out from above with a nail punch. That sucker was really in there. Have to touch up that red on playfield. Thanks everyone.

IMG_1665 (resized).JPGIMG_1665 (resized).JPG

#12 6 years ago

How was your cardboard spacer?

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

How was your cardboard spacer?

It's pretty worn. I emailed Pinball Resource but they don't have it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-fair-small-plastic-underneath-wheel-removal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.