• 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jrpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ADE16FCD-2A87-4008-AA1D-538C8883979B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phillyfan64.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

The 2 yellow bumpers in my World Fair do not seem to respond on hard hits from the flippers. I replaced both switches with new ones from Pinball Resource. I have them adjusted to about 1/32”. These are the dead style bumpers. There’s no rings on these. Any suggestions on how to make these respond better? The new spoons seem centered. They are just resting on the stems. The flippers were upgraded to the slightly higher orange dot coils. Is that too much power? It really doesn’t seem like it’s too much. Is this just par for the course for an EM?
ADE16FCD-2A87-4008-AA1D-538C8883979B (resized).jpegADE16FCD-2A87-4008-AA1D-538C8883979B (resized).jpeg

#8 4 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions. To answer your questions. The machine is not high tapped. The only upgrade is the orange dot flipper coils. They do have rubber rings on them. I don’t honestly remember if they worked better with the regular coils but they probably did. They definitely seem to work better when launching the ball by hand so there’s a good chance that the ball is flying too high. I think they are always less responsive to hard hits regardless if they are lit or not. No score motor involved but there is a relay in the back box that I need to look at and make sure the switch is gapped properly. The passive bumpers at the top of the playfield don’t get hit hard and there’s never a problem with those scoring.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phillyfan64.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-fair-dead-style-bumpers-dont-like-hard-hits?tu=phillyfan64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.