IMG_9753 (resized).JPG
IMG_8993 (resized).JPG
IMG_8417 (resized).JPG
IMG_8416 (resized).JPG
IMG_8409 (resized).JPG
IMG_8415 (resized).JPG
IMG_8404 (resized).JPG

#1 1 year ago

Thought I would document some work I'm doing on my World Cup Soccer . Might have a few questions along the way so feel free to chime in!

To-do list:

- Set of six hole protectors to be installed. The three kick-out holes, the scoop, the net and Striker's hole. I may need to do some wood repair or fill-in on a couple of the kick-out holes, especially the one lower left. Anyone doing these protectors knows how much of the playfield stuff on top needs to come out so here we go!
- Return my pop bumper caps and lights to original. The game came to me with the clear caps and bright white LED rings. They are ok, but too bright for me so I'm going to return it to how it was originally.
- Clear rollover lane dividers being returned to original teal coloured ones.
- A few chipped or broken plastics to be replaced, notably the large piece surrounding the left ramp base and the header plastic. I'm also going to put a few of the PTEG clear washers underneath certain plastics to try and prolong the life of them and avoid seeing them get chipped or cracked in the future.
- Resoldering one of the coin toss bulb holders back to the board as it came loose and the connection has been intermittent as it is (ugly zip-tie added for the time being to keep it tight).
- Single screw in post just above the left saucer has come out of the playfield because the hole got too big and now the post won't sit snuggly in there. Will refill with wood toothpicks and glue or wood filler goop and reinstall.
- Replace slingshot coil sleeves with new.
- Rubber rings and post sleeves as needed.
- New balls (x5).

I'll add some more present day pictures as I go. Seeing the pic of the game showing the colour DMD tells me these are a little old as I moved the PIN2DMD over to my Theatre of Magic.

IMG_8404 (resized).JPGIMG_8404 (resized).JPGIMG_8409 (resized).JPGIMG_8409 (resized).JPGIMG_8415 (resized).JPGIMG_8415 (resized).JPGIMG_8416 (resized).JPGIMG_8416 (resized).JPGIMG_8417 (resized).JPGIMG_8417 (resized).JPGIMG_8993 (resized).JPGIMG_8993 (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#2 1 year ago

Just waiting for another parts order and then time to start putting it back together.

IMG_9774 (resized).JPGIMG_9774 (resized).JPGIMG_9753 (resized).JPGIMG_9753 (resized).JPGIMG_9754 (resized).JPGIMG_9754 (resized).JPGIMG_9755 (resized).JPGIMG_9755 (resized).JPGIMG_9756 (resized).JPGIMG_9756 (resized).JPGIMG_9757 (resized).JPGIMG_9757 (resized).JPGIMG_9746 (resized).JPGIMG_9746 (resized).JPGIMG-9780 (resized).jpgIMG-9780 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
Toys/Add-ons
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ann Arbor, MI
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
8,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits
Electronics
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-repairs-and-other-improvements and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.