(Topic ID: 294136)

World Cup Soccer Reboot Fix Didn't Fix...

By HOLT45

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

My World Cup was rebooting. Had a friend replace bridge rectifiers, 5 big caps, smaller 100uf cap, and the voltage regulator (kit from Marcos+ regulator).
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/WPC-PDA12697X

Put the board back in, and it buzzed for a sec, then blew Fuse F112 (Solenoid Secondary). CPU board LEDs are off, and Power board L4 and L5 are off too- the +5v and +20v circuits.

I don't seem to have 5v, 50v, 20v, or 18v at the test ports, but I'll have to double check them.

Any idea where to start?

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from HOLT45:

Any idea where to start?

Have better board work done. Likely destroyed through board continuity on the big caps. At least, if not more damage. Caps facing the right direction ?

LTG : )

#3 2 years ago

Ha, yeah, thanks. My friend does electrical/hardware for a living, so i trusted him better than my own butterfingers. Caps are all the right direction.

#4 2 years ago

Turns out I'm not getting some voltages from the transformer. I'm getting 55 volts AC on fuse 112. Emmanuel says it expects only 16 but it's also supposed to be a 50-volt DC line. Any ideas?

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from HOLT45:

Turns out I'm not getting some voltages from the transformer. I'm getting 55 volts AC on fuse 112. Emmanuel says it expects only 16 but it's also supposed to be a 50-volt DC line. Any ideas?

I think this is one of those games that you have to have the door closed because of the coil interlock switch cutting off coil voltage when the door is open.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-reboot-fix-didn-t-fix?hl=r67en and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.