IMG_1642.jpg
IMG_1641.jpg
IMG_1640.jpg
IMG_1639.jpg
IMG_1637.jpg
IMG_1636.jpg
IMG_1635.jpg
IMG_1634.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider malibumaven.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Hi all,

Thinking of adding a second pin to my collection (Can I use that word if I only have one?). I've heard this pin gives a lot of fun for the buck and wanted to see what the average price range would be for what appears to be a HUO for $2,500. WCS isn't my first choice but for the money I think it would fun to have for the time being. Thoughts?

Thx,

MM

#3 10 years ago

Ok, now to determine if it is HUO I checked an earlier thread on this and it appears some were paying below 1k so I just wanted to make sure the resale value is in line. Thx.

#7 10 years ago

Here are some pics but they were taken through the glass. Some wear on the bar is obvious but not much else until I get a close up. Was purchased from a local dealer so my guess is it's shopped.

photo 9.jpgphoto 9.jpgphoto 8.jpgphoto 8.jpgphoto 7.jpgphoto 7.jpgphoto 6.jpgphoto 6.jpgphoto 5.jpgphoto 5.jpgphoto 4.jpgphoto 4.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 1.jpgphoto 1.jpg

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

HUO!? How is that soccer ball so dirty? Did they live in a coal mine?

Turns out it was purchased from a local dealer 8 years back. That's all I know so far. Probably needs a little work but looks good from the pics I see.

#17 10 years ago

At the 12th hour here I just noticed this ad on Ebay for what appears to be an even nicer one. The asking is $2,880 but will accept offers. Is there enough in the description and pics taken to buy this one site unseen? It's here in NJ but am still waiting on the seller to respond to a couple of emails sent. I just started a thread with this same link "Feedback Please" so I apologize for the double entry. I do need to make a decision soon on either of these. What do you think?

ebay.com link: BALLY WILLIAMS WORLD CUP SOCCER PINBALL MACHINE LOADED WITH LEDS NICE

#21 10 years ago

Thanks... I'm not that experienced yet so I wouldn't know what to look for. That's why I posted his offer as well as the other I'll be looking at tomorrow. This is a great community...straight up/above board!

#23 10 years ago

I have to see/play it tomorrow but my hope is a fair offer would be somewhere north of $2,000 but south of $2,500. Looking forward to checking it out. Some members have been good about telling me what to look for. I doubt this is HUO from the start as it came from "Classic Pinball" who I assumed turned it after shopping 8 years back. We'll see.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-trade-wcs94

Recently sold mine. Listed at $2K, sat for a while before finally selling at $1.8K.

Would you say your's looked to be in better shape as well?

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

12 WCS have sold on ebay in the recent past for ~2000 so that should be a data point to think about and help you decide.

I would want it for 2k if it was for me and local.

Yeah, I picked up on the pinfest WCS sale as well. I'm sure that one was even cleaner than this one. https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.asp?ahid=9268&aid=74497&lid=19364097&title=WORLD-CUP-SOCCER-PINBALL-MACHINE

My initial thinking was I wasn't going to go above $2,200 or this one local but I also don't have the discerning eye you guys have. I'll look for the common areas of wear that a member was kind enough sharing with me and then make a judgement call. It won't be the end of the day if I pass... I really want an ST Premium but can't afford at this time.

#30 10 years ago

Just looked at it and it appears a little tired but again I don't have the best eye for what's needed to restore this. I offered $1,700 based on the real nice one being sold at the TX show for $1,800 (plus 13%, and tax). I took some more close ups of the playing field (see attached). Unfortunately she didn't know where the key was and has never opened it over the course of 10 years so I couldn't get under the glass. I have no clue what's involved in restoring these things but am interested in learning. If I go the quick route and allow someone to do it for me, how much do you figure it would cost to get this re-shopped from a reputable dealer? Thanks for your input.

IMG_1651.jpgIMG_1651.jpgIMG_1650 .jpgIMG_1650 .jpgIMG_1648.jpgIMG_1648.jpgIMG_1647.jpgIMG_1647.jpgIMG_1646.jpgIMG_1646.jpgIMG_1645.jpgIMG_1645.jpgIMG_1644 copy.jpgIMG_1644 copy.jpgIMG_1642.jpgIMG_1642.jpgIMG_1641.jpgIMG_1641.jpgIMG_1640.jpgIMG_1640.jpgIMG_1639.jpgIMG_1639.jpgIMG_1637.jpgIMG_1637.jpgIMG_1636.jpgIMG_1636.jpgIMG_1635.jpgIMG_1635.jpgIMG_1634.jpgIMG_1634.jpg

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Coin door shows or looks like it has coin wear to the left of coin slots that was painted over

Yep, no question this was on circuit and then shopped 10 years ago by a local dealer. It's only been played and the glass was never removed. It needs a good going over.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

WCS is not worth 2500 when there is no proof of HUO. I bought mine for 1500 with no wear other than at the ball drop. No insert ghosting and the clear was in great shape. This was last year. I own the game. Do not believe the pumpers! If I could sell for 2500 I would consider it... Not really. I feel like this game is a keeper...

I told the seller today that I thought it was worth about $1,700 but would check with pinsiders to see if I should adjust down a little. The ball makes noise but that may be typical and will go away with a new ball and/or lubricate? The field looks a little tired and will need a complete teardown to get this in great shape. What would that cost roughly?

#37 10 years ago

Sounds good. Maybe I can find a local fellow pinsider that can swing by and give me a few pointers. I'd be willing to pay for this of course. Thx.

#40 10 years ago

So true on the pictures comment Derek. I feel the pics I shared on here definitely make this pin appear cleaner and brighter than it really is.

#42 10 years ago

Thanks... that's the "done deal" price but she would listen to lower if I made the case. I don't want to "take" her as she (like me) doesn't really have much experience in this arena. That said, I wouldn't know if there was anything major I'm potentially overlooking. Never opened the door and lost the keys at some point. Plays fine but I did notice a little redirect of the ball when it hit a roll over button. Maybe this is normal?

#44 10 years ago

Alright, sounds good... I know a pinsider in the area that said he would help me with all this as well. Off to HD to buy some shrink wrap and 1/4" steel drill bit. I may first try my hand at lock picking.

#52 10 years ago

Well... I finally did it! Brought home that WCS today with the help of a local pinsider. Jeff was "key" as having done this many times before knew what to bring and how to take it away. We had all of about 1/4" clearance on a door opening to get it outside the house. The incentive was clear. If we couldn't go this route (ground level) it would have taken us up the stairs and through the home so phew! I got it home and played about 10 games with my son before calling it a night. It's fully functional and plays very well indeed. The pinballs barely kick from glancing off the old and dirty soccer ball but that's to be expected I would think. I'll buy a new one unless a good cleaning of the old can revive the surface to produce some effective friction. Other than that it plays great! So glad I got this title... it's a lot of fun and very engaging to have you shoot for that Germany game. Since I have that HOU BSM along side I definitely want to learn how to tear this one down and rebuild to similar quality...if that's possible. $ bet $ can do th$s w$thout too much d$ff$culty right? I have no clue where to begin and I don't consider myself very mechanically inclined so this is going to be a challenge but I'm really psyched about what the end product could look like. Another member has offered to help me and I am humbled by how many nice folks there are on Pinside. What a great hobby if for nothing else the people you come in contact with and the generous help and information freely given by most all. Awesome!

#59 9 years ago

There is no way I would trust myself doing something like this and scale without help. yoshootme has volunteered to step up and guide me all the way through. I'm psyched!

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

Yeah let me check with the pregnant wife and see if she'll let me go free for a few hours.

The more the merrier. Just let me know what your fav libations are.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

May I suggest a flipper rebuild for your first task?

Sounds like a plan... I have great help on it's way as well. ty

Quoted from S37VEN:

Mali - can't make it tonight - dinner with the in-laws. I gave Rich a list of a few things to look for. Will make it out next time. Good luck!

No problem...it's the thought that counts! See U next time... don't forget to give me what you'd like to drink.

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from kjm8888:

I just finished shopping mine and it makes a world of difference in both looks and gameplay!

Those colors look awesome. What a difference to the bulbs I have... I just see yellow overall. I hope mine comes out like yours. Thx

#72 9 years ago

I'll play around with them later but I also saw a pic in here with using just white and frosted white and I was also very impressed with that setup as well. That brings the original colors back as the mfg intended. Will be fun to play around with this...that's waaaaaaay down the road from where I'm at now.

#75 9 years ago

That's really nice. Even though it's the same pin I like the second shot more than the first. I guess it's all in the angles but the second one looks brighter to me. Here's another one I really like. He only used white... look how the colors "pop".

http://img-f.pinside.com/201403/1556039/210507.jpg

#77 9 years ago

Just got a 1/4" and 5/16" Klein nut driver up at HD for about $20 and will have to order the 11/32" online. So a little delay but plan on getting to it! A second look at my ramps/plastics shows that the yellowing is primarily on the small pieces of plastics attached to the ramps to keep the ball on track or that circular piece with a soccer player on it located back left. I'm tempted to try that flame polishing on the ramps to get the scratches out. Guys make it look so easy on youtube!

#79 9 years ago

Every one of the experts will suggest you practice on a junk ramp to start with.

Any one have a practice and (most likely) sacrificial ramp?

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Take them back and go to Harbor Freight and get an entire set for 7.99. Hollow shaft too.

DOH!

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

You guys are really making too much an issue with flame polishing.

1. Turn on stove to high.
2. Wave ramp around flame.
3. Let cool.

Part of me tells me...you're serious.

#86 9 years ago

Maybe start a new thread asking for one? If you do decide to forgo trying on a practice ramp first maybe start out with a smaller torch like a creme brulee one.

Good idea and easy sell to my wife.

1) Buy small torch

2) Make creme brûlée (Mothers day coming up)

3) Comment "Hey, I wonder if this thing might just work for flame polishing"

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider malibumaven.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-price-check?tu=malibumaven and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.