image_(5).jpg
image_(4).jpg
image_(3).jpg
image_(2).jpg
image_(1).jpg
3K13L23I25I55E25M6d5sc185d4ebb85a12a0..jpg
3E83G53F45I15E85F3d5sc8babbfd947e16a0..jpg
3E43Fb3J75L25M35J8d5sc77e2653f5291ff8..jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gov.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Ok, I think I have found the pin I am looking for but I wanted to double check to see if my offer is in line with others here.

Everything is said to be working by the owner. It needs to be shopped out and cleaned thoroughly. The playfield looks pretty good and he said there is no wear. All lights work and the spinning soccer ball is said to be working great.

Rough estimate?

3E43Fb3J75L25M35J8d5sc77e2653f5291ff8..jpg3E43Fb3J75L25M35J8d5sc77e2653f5291ff8..jpg 3E83G53F45I15E85F3d5sc8babbfd947e16a0..jpg3E83G53F45I15E85F3d5sc8babbfd947e16a0..jpg 3K13L23I25I55E25M6d5sc185d4ebb85a12a0..jpg3K13L23I25I55E25M6d5sc185d4ebb85a12a0..jpg

#2 10 years ago

more pics

image_(1).jpgimage_(1).jpg image_(2).jpgimage_(2).jpg image_(3).jpgimage_(3).jpg image_(4).jpgimage_(4).jpg image_(5).jpgimage_(5).jpg image_(6).jpgimage_(6).jpg

#3 10 years ago

more

image243.jpgimage243.jpg image2342.jpgimage2342.jpg image123.jpgimage123.jpg

#9 10 years ago

Well I struck a deal and I am picking it up tomorrow. Once the deal is finalized and it is home I will give some details.

#12 10 years ago

Got it home! The photos were a pretty good representation of the game. The cab has some beat up spots on the head and the art is faded, but it is presentable. The playfield is REALLY dirty, but under that dirt it is in really good shape. The only wear I can find is the kickout hole in front of the goal. All of the other holes and kickouts have mylar wrapped around the edges so they look good. I plan on installing Cliffy's so what wear is there should be covered up. The ball looks pretty close to new and is just a bit dirty. It works really well and isn't very loud.

The only problem with any of the ramps is there is a chunk missing from the left ramp entrance. The only reason it is broken is because whoever shopped this last (long time ago) didn't put the metal protector back that goes in front of the plastic. They had it mounted upside down on top of the right ramp.........I will take a picture of that later so you can appreciate the dumbness of it. Other than that all of the ramps are a little cloudy but fully intact. The only broken plastic is the Header/Kick plastic near the goal and it is just a piece of the front edge that is gone. It can be ignored until I find a replacement.

All of the switches, lights and mechanisms work really well. The magnets both work and it is a good player. The flippers could do stand to be rebuilt, but they aren't bad. The playfield mylar was kind of a hack job as it looks like it was cut with a knife, so I hope it wasn't through the clear coat, we will see once I start removing it. The upper playfield by the goal does not have mylar on it and I already did a little spot cleaning with novus and the finish looks like glass now! So I am hoping the mylar removal goes well as the playfield has the opportunity to look fantastic.

The bad out of the whole thing is one of the rails has a dent in it, the cabinet is faded and the head has some small chunks out of it. Maybe one day we will get lucky and somebody will print decals for the game cabinet. If that ever happens I will fix all of the bad spots.

Overall I am happy with it and talked the owner down to $1675. His asking price was $2100. I think he still made some money as it was obvious he was just flipping it, but I don't care. It is possible I overpaid a bit, but I think this is going to clean up REALLY nicely. It may not be perfect, but it will be a really nice example I think, cabinet aside. This game really wasn't on my radar right now as I thought it was out of my price budget for a pin which was $2000. Given that I had been looking for other games as my first pin, but I am glad this one showed up as I am huge soccer fan and a JPOP fan. Thank you for the input on the thread!!

#13 10 years ago

Oh and I have to thank my buddy jdoz2 (John) for driving me down there and helping with the process! It was a 6 hour round trip but a lot of fun. Luckily the rain held off.

#20 10 years ago

Ya, I am really surprised about the inserts being so level. I only feel a couple that are barely noticeable, but the rest are super flat. After inspecting everything I did notice that the plastic under the right side of the left ramp is cracked. I am going to take my time restoring it and maybe piece by piece I can fix everything up. First step is going to be getting this nasty mylar off of it. I figure we are all going to be SOL when it comes to cabinet decals so I may have to mask the sides and repaint the yellow. That isn't really an option for the front though with the gradients.

#25 10 years ago

ya, saw that yesterday. I am pretty happy, this one is cleaning up pretty well. I think Cliffy's are going to cover what wear is there around the holes. I got the Mylar off yesterday and the playfield looks like glass now

#27 10 years ago

I will be picking up a set for sure to hold on to. Luckily the ramps on mine are in great shape, just dirty, I took the lower right one off last night and cleaned then flame polished it. Looks new now.

The only thng I wish could get a repro of is the side art and a couple of plastics.

#30 10 years ago

The light is there, but it is behind the plastic. When I get to shopping out the top I will fix it. It currently is burned out.

#36 10 years ago

I just bought a propane torch from WalMart. $12 worked great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gov.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-price-check-pics?tu=gov and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.