Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by yoshootme
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image123.jpg
image2342.jpg
image243.jpg
image_(6).jpg
image_(5).jpg
image_(4).jpg
image_(3).jpg
image_(2).jpg
image_(1).jpg
3K13L23I25I55E25M6d5sc185d4ebb85a12a0..jpg
3E83G53F45I15E85F3d5sc8babbfd947e16a0..jpg
3E43Fb3J75L25M35J8d5sc77e2653f5291ff8..jpg

#1 7 years ago

Ok, I think I have found the pin I am looking for but I wanted to double check to see if my offer is in line with others here.

Everything is said to be working by the owner. It needs to be shopped out and cleaned thoroughly. The playfield looks pretty good and he said there is no wear. All lights work and the spinning soccer ball is said to be working great.

Rough estimate?

3E43Fb3J75L25M35J8d5sc77e2653f5291ff8..jpg 3E83G53F45I15E85F3d5sc8babbfd947e16a0..jpg 3K13L23I25I55E25M6d5sc185d4ebb85a12a0..jpg

#2 7 years ago

more pics

image_(1).jpg image_(2).jpg image_(3).jpg image_(4).jpg image_(5).jpg image_(6).jpg

#3 7 years ago

more

image243.jpg image2342.jpg image123.jpg

#4 7 years ago

Looks to be pretty faded cab and a standard routed game from the few pics. I would be VERY surprised if there is no pf wear as the scoop holes are typically in need of cliffys.

If everything works and it is pretty clean... around 2k is fair.

I would not personally go over 2k. Also look it over well for cracked ramps as those can be expensive.

#5 7 years ago

Is that left ramp missing a big chunk?

#6 7 years ago

been looking for awhile and decent shape machine seems to fetch around 2k. a players game as they say.

#7 7 years ago

A close-up of the scoop hole is definitely needed - that's going to be the main area of wear and it's one of the only pics missing. Also a close-up of the soccer ball I would also recommend - it looks pretty good on the pics but would like to see a close-up. Those things can get in very bad shape. If there really is no significant wear, and the soccer ball is white (minus the ball wear around the bottom), I'd say around $1800-$1900. If they would spend some time cleaning it up then probably $2000-$2100. If it has any cracked ramps, subtract a substantial amount.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

A close-up of the scoop hole is definitely needed - that's going to be the main area of wear and it's one of the only pics missing. Also a close-up of the soccer ball I would also recommend - it looks pretty good on the pics but would like to see a close-up. Those things can get in very bad shape. If there really is so significant wear, and the soccer ball is white (minus the ball wear around the bottom), I'd say around $1800-$1900. If they would spend some time cleaning it up then probably $2000-$2100. If it has any cracked ramps, subtract a substantial amount.

yes sir

#9 7 years ago

Well I struck a deal and I am picking it up tomorrow. Once the deal is finalized and it is home I will give some details.

#10 7 years ago

I've been following a few WCS games for a bit now and although I'd like to say it is a $2k game I've not seen many sell at that price lately... I'm thinking that they are closer to 15-1800 now.

#11 7 years ago

$1600-1700 2K if nice and shopped

#12 7 years ago

Got it home! The photos were a pretty good representation of the game. The cab has some beat up spots on the head and the art is faded, but it is presentable. The playfield is REALLY dirty, but under that dirt it is in really good shape. The only wear I can find is the kickout hole in front of the goal. All of the other holes and kickouts have mylar wrapped around the edges so they look good. I plan on installing Cliffy's so what wear is there should be covered up. The ball looks pretty close to new and is just a bit dirty. It works really well and isn't very loud.

The only problem with any of the ramps is there is a chunk missing from the left ramp entrance. The only reason it is broken is because whoever shopped this last (long time ago) didn't put the metal protector back that goes in front of the plastic. They had it mounted upside down on top of the right ramp.........I will take a picture of that later so you can appreciate the dumbness of it. Other than that all of the ramps are a little cloudy but fully intact. The only broken plastic is the Header/Kick plastic near the goal and it is just a piece of the front edge that is gone. It can be ignored until I find a replacement.

All of the switches, lights and mechanisms work really well. The magnets both work and it is a good player. The flippers could do stand to be rebuilt, but they aren't bad. The playfield mylar was kind of a hack job as it looks like it was cut with a knife, so I hope it wasn't through the clear coat, we will see once I start removing it. The upper playfield by the goal does not have mylar on it and I already did a little spot cleaning with novus and the finish looks like glass now! So I am hoping the mylar removal goes well as the playfield has the opportunity to look fantastic.

The bad out of the whole thing is one of the rails has a dent in it, the cabinet is faded and the head has some small chunks out of it. Maybe one day we will get lucky and somebody will print decals for the game cabinet. If that ever happens I will fix all of the bad spots.

Overall I am happy with it and talked the owner down to $1675. His asking price was $2100. I think he still made some money as it was obvious he was just flipping it, but I don't care. It is possible I overpaid a bit, but I think this is going to clean up REALLY nicely. It may not be perfect, but it will be a really nice example I think, cabinet aside. This game really wasn't on my radar right now as I thought it was out of my price budget for a pin which was $2000. Given that I had been looking for other games as my first pin, but I am glad this one showed up as I am huge soccer fan and a JPOP fan. Thank you for the input on the thread!!

#13 7 years ago

Oh and I have to thank my buddy jdoz2 (John) for driving me down there and helping with the process! It was a 6 hour round trip but a lot of fun. Luckily the rain held off.

#14 7 years ago

Grats on your new game. I think WCS is a great game and even if you over payed a little (I'm not sure that you did) as long as you enjoy the game than it is worth it.

#15 7 years ago

I only put a few games on this, but it was a heck of a lot of fun. I cant wait to see what it looks like after that mylar is removed and its shopped. I think you got a great pin for a good price. Im very jealous

#16 7 years ago

I think you did well.

#18 7 years ago

Good bang for buck game done well

#19 7 years ago

Nice to see WCS finally getting some love in price!

It's rare to find a WCS without wear or raised/sunken inserts. Usually, around all 3 kickout saucers, the downholes and the goal, you have wear. If you put the Cliffy's on, make sure you use some wood filler to build any damaged areas up, or the cliffy's will form around the dents.

It also typically has some broken plastics. The one to the right of the left ramp entrance, slings, the big one under the left ramp, etc.

It's an all-time fave of mine. Slowly working on restoring mine.. NOS playfields, new plastics, waiting on Pinball Inc to make ramps..

#20 7 years ago

Ya, I am really surprised about the inserts being so level. I only feel a couple that are barely noticeable, but the rest are super flat. After inspecting everything I did notice that the plastic under the right side of the left ramp is cracked. I am going to take my time restoring it and maybe piece by piece I can fix everything up. First step is going to be getting this nasty mylar off of it. I figure we are all going to be SOL when it comes to cabinet decals so I may have to mask the sides and repaint the yellow. That isn't really an option for the front though with the gradients.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

waiting on Pinball Inc to make ramps..

Amen to that! Don't even need em yet but I want to get a set here at the house. Mine will break someday and when that day comes I want to be ready.

Keep us posted on your progress! http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome

#23 7 years ago

I sold mine a couple weeks ago for $ 2500. Full Leds, Playfield was great and cab pretty good too.

#24 7 years ago

One is on KC craigs for $2300. In great shape but has wear around the kick-outs and goal. I'd be interested for a little less.

#25 7 years ago

ya, saw that yesterday. I am pretty happy, this one is cleaning up pretty well. I think Cliffy's are going to cover what wear is there around the holes. I got the Mylar off yesterday and the playfield looks like glass now

#26 7 years ago

Pinball inc is making WCS94 ramps at the end of the summer.

#27 7 years ago

I will be picking up a set for sure to hold on to. Luckily the ramps on mine are in great shape, just dirty, I took the lower right one off last night and cleaned then flame polished it. Looks new now.

The only thng I wish could get a repro of is the side art and a couple of plastics.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

Pinball inc is making WCS94 ramps at the end of the summer.

It's about time. Given how many WCS94's are out there, I never understood why there were no repro ramps available.

#29 7 years ago

Seems like a decent price on a decent game. Looks as if your missing a light at the Striker plastic/entrance. I love WCS. I only sold mine to make room for Congo. Congrats on the new pin!

#30 7 years ago

The light is there, but it is behind the plastic. When I get to shopping out the top I will fix it. It currently is burned out.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

cleaned then flame polished it

I've always wondered what "flame polished" means.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

I've always wondered what "flame polished" means.

It literally means putting a torch to the ramp and slightly melting it in order to get rid of the ball trails.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It literally means putting a torch to the ramp and slightly melting it in order to get rid of the ball trails.
» YouTube video

Awesome video! Thanks for sharing! Any old torch from the hardware store?

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

Awesome video! Thanks for sharing! Any old torch from the hardware store?

I'm not sure what type of torch is best, as I've never done any flame polishing myself. Just make sure to practice on some old junky ramps before you put flame to a good ramp. You also have to make sure the ramps are super clean first, or any impurities will be baked right in.

#35 7 years ago

I got a creme brulee torch from amazon but haven't tried a ramp yet. I'm going to practice on a subway ramp first in case I really mess it up no one will know.

#36 7 years ago

I just bought a propane torch from WalMart. $12 worked great.

#37 7 years ago

Coinop Warehouse had one for $1650 up yesterday which is pretty well spot on for this title in my book. It seems to be sliding up to the $2k range though if a nice example.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

I got a creme brulee torch from amazon but haven't tried a ramp yet. I'm going to practice on a subway ramp first in case I really mess it up no one will know.

i think it was blackrose that had some tutorials on flame polishing on this site.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 40.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside