New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 85675)

World Cup Soccer Price Check

By malibumaven

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 89 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by practicalsteve
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 25 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

WCS-08.jpg
IMG_1651.jpg
IMG_1650 .jpg
IMG_1648.jpg
IMG_1647.jpg
IMG_1646.jpg
IMG_1645.jpg
IMG_1644 copy.jpg
IMG_1642.jpg
IMG_1641.jpg
IMG_1640.jpg
IMG_1639.jpg
IMG_1637.jpg
IMG_1636.jpg
IMG_1635.jpg
IMG_1634.jpg

There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

Hi all,

Thinking of adding a second pin to my collection (Can I use that word if I only have one?). I've heard this pin gives a lot of fun for the buck and wanted to see what the average price range would be for what appears to be a HUO for $2,500. WCS isn't my first choice but for the money I think it would fun to have for the time being. Thoughts?

Thx,

MM

#2 6 years ago

For top condition, I think that is right on.

#3 6 years ago

Ok, now to determine if it is HUO I checked an earlier thread on this and it appears some were paying below 1k so I just wanted to make sure the resale value is in line. Thx.

#4 6 years ago

I have passed on a routed, but working, wcs in decent shape for $1500.

#5 6 years ago

I passed on a fairly nice one for $3,000.... would have paid $2,500 for it but he wanted more.
So I would easily pay that for a HUO that has been maintained and clean.....if that's the case...HUO doesn't always mean it's been cared for.

Why can't this be on this side of the country I'd snap it up.

#6 6 years ago

I got mine for 1500 but needed a lot of work is a fun pin

#7 6 years ago

Here are some pics but they were taken through the glass. Some wear on the bar is obvious but not much else until I get a close up. Was purchased from a local dealer so my guess is it's shopped.

photo 9.jpgphoto 8.jpgphoto 7.jpgphoto 6.jpgphoto 5.jpgphoto 4.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 1.jpg

#8 6 years ago

excellent pin. Probably worth the $2500. enjoy

#9 6 years ago

HUO!? How is that soccer ball so dirty? Did they live in a coal mine?

#10 6 years ago

Agreed, snap that baby up!

You can clean the soccer ball with simple green, or get a new one from Marco.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

HUO!? How is that soccer ball so dirty? Did they live in a coal mine?

Turns out it was purchased from a local dealer 8 years back. That's all I know so far. Probably needs a little work but looks good from the pics I see.

#12 6 years ago

Fantastic pin. Grab it.

#13 6 years ago

Got mine yesterday it's an Awsome pin grab it !!!

#14 6 years ago

I wish i could find one for under 3k. I'd love to own WCS. I'd buy it asap.

#15 6 years ago

Looks like no wear at the goalie, kickout holes, or the inlanes where the ball drops down. Pretty sweet.

#16 6 years ago

Fortunately, the soccer ball is only fifty dollars at Marco. Usually this part is double what Marco charges from other vendors or Ebay. Also, I would buy Cliffy protectors for this pin if needed. Unfortunately, it does take some time to install all protectors on this pin. But it's a lot of fun, and you will get to know your pin better.

#17 6 years ago

At the 12th hour here I just noticed this ad on Ebay for what appears to be an even nicer one. The asking is $2,880 but will accept offers. Is there enough in the description and pics taken to buy this one site unseen? It's here in NJ but am still waiting on the seller to respond to a couple of emails sent. I just started a thread with this same link "Feedback Please" so I apologize for the double entry. I do need to make a decision soon on either of these. What do you think?

ebay.com link » Bally Williams World Cup Soccer Pinball Machine Loaded With Leds Nice

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from malibumaven:

At the 12th hour here I just noticed this ad on Ebay for what appears to be an even nicer one. The asking is $2,880 but will accept offers. Is there enough in the description and pics taken to buy this one site unseen? It's here in NJ but am still waiting on the seller to respond to a couple of emails sent. I just started a thread with this same link "Feedback Please" so I apologize for the double entry. I do need to make a decision soon on either of these. What do you think?
ebay.com link » Bally Williams World Cup Soccer Pinball Machine Loaded With Leds Nice

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See here:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-ever-dealt-with-barrywnj-on-ebay

And here:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advice-anyone-ever-deal-with-barrywnj-on-ebay

Bottom line, it's a gamble.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from malibumaven:

i have seen some other post about this guy. with so so reviews gosh i wish i could find that post.

#21 6 years ago

Thanks... I'm not that experienced yet so I wouldn't know what to look for. That's why I posted his offer as well as the other I'll be looking at tomorrow. This is a great community...straight up/above board!

#22 6 years ago

2500 bucks for this pin in the condition you show is a fair deal, I have one, in 'similar' shape and while I wouldn't charge 2500 bucks for it, it wouldn't be below 2000 (but I have put a lot of time with a full shop job from bare playfield, full Cliffy's, and a full pinball bulbs LED kit). The yellows look to be completely gone on that machine, if cabinet quality is of any consequence to you, and needs a good cleaning, and maybe a new ball. But the saucers look decent, not the common wear just above the right flipper, the goalie edges look clean, and the ramps look pretty good too.

I wouldn't hesitate paying 2500 bucks for it.

#23 6 years ago

I have to see/play it tomorrow but my hope is a fair offer would be somewhere north of $2,000 but south of $2,500. Looking forward to checking it out. Some members have been good about telling me what to look for. I doubt this is HUO from the start as it came from "Classic Pinball" who I assumed turned it after shopping 8 years back. We'll see.

#24 6 years ago

I doubt it's home use based upon the cabinet fade alone.

#25 6 years ago

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-trade-wcs94

Recently sold mine. Listed at $2K, sat for a while before finally selling at $1.8K.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-trade-wcs94

Recently sold mine. Listed at $2K, sat for a while before finally selling at $1.8K.

Would you say your's looked to be in better shape as well?

#27 6 years ago

1.8K for WCS? Wow, that's very cheap. I wish i seen prices like that here. Can't even find a routed WCS for under 3k.

#28 6 years ago

Game you are showing is over priced for condition. 2200 would be more fair and that is only if if has nice ramps and all intact plastics. It has some cabinet fade but most do. Not much else can be told by those pictures other than it is very dirty which tells me the owner does not know how to take care of a machine...

12 WCS have sold on ebay in the recent past for ~2000 so that should be a data point to think about and help you decide.

I would want it for 2k if it was for me and local.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

12 WCS have sold on ebay in the recent past for ~2000 so that should be a data point to think about and help you decide.

I would want it for 2k if it was for me and local.

Yeah, I picked up on the pinfest WCS sale as well. I'm sure that one was even cleaner than this one. https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.asp?ahid=9268&aid=74497&lid=19364097&title=WORLD-CUP-SOCCER-PINBALL-MACHINE

My initial thinking was I wasn't going to go above $2,200 or this one local but I also don't have the discerning eye you guys have. I'll look for the common areas of wear that a member was kind enough sharing with me and then make a judgement call. It won't be the end of the day if I pass... I really want an ST Premium but can't afford at this time.

#30 6 years ago

Just looked at it and it appears a little tired but again I don't have the best eye for what's needed to restore this. I offered $1,700 based on the real nice one being sold at the TX show for $1,800 (plus 13%, and tax). I took some more close ups of the playing field (see attached). Unfortunately she didn't know where the key was and has never opened it over the course of 10 years so I couldn't get under the glass. I have no clue what's involved in restoring these things but am interested in learning. If I go the quick route and allow someone to do it for me, how much do you figure it would cost to get this re-shopped from a reputable dealer? Thanks for your input.

IMG_1651.jpgIMG_1650 .jpgIMG_1648.jpgIMG_1647.jpgIMG_1646.jpgIMG_1645.jpgIMG_1644 copy.jpgIMG_1642.jpgIMG_1641.jpgIMG_1640.jpgIMG_1639.jpgIMG_1637.jpgIMG_1636.jpgIMG_1635.jpgIMG_1634.jpg

#31 6 years ago

Along with the ownership of pinball machines comes the need to either learn a little along the way or pay big $$$ for someone else to fix it. Give it a chance and you may find you enjoy fixing as much as playing.

If not, then be prepared to pay. It is a skilled labor to work on pins and fix them correctly. It deserves to be paid for based on the skill it takes.

#32 6 years ago

Coin door shows or looks like it has coin wear to the left of coin slots that was painted over

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Coin door shows or looks like it has coin wear to the left of coin slots that was painted over

Yep, no question this was on circuit and then shopped 10 years ago by a local dealer. It's only been played and the glass was never removed. It needs a good going over.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

For top condition, I think that is right on.

WCS is not worth 2500 when there is no proof of HUO. I bought mine for 1500 with no wear other than at the ball drop. No insert ghosting and the clear was in great shape. This was last year. I own the game. Do not believe the pumpers! If I could sell for 2500 I would consider it... Not really. I feel like this game is a keeper...

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

WCS is not worth 2500 when there is no proof of HUO. I bought mine for 1500 with no wear other than at the ball drop. No insert ghosting and the clear was in great shape. This was last year. I own the game. Do not believe the pumpers! If I could sell for 2500 I would consider it... Not really. I feel like this game is a keeper...

I told the seller today that I thought it was worth about $1,700 but would check with pinsiders to see if I should adjust down a little. The ball makes noise but that may be typical and will go away with a new ball and/or lubricate? The field looks a little tired and will need a complete teardown to get this in great shape. What would that cost roughly?

#36 6 years ago

Just jump in, buy the damn thing for 1700, and then come post up the problems and we can help YOU learn how to fix it.

If it is 100% functioning currently then we can get you clean up and ready to go. Heck, there are plenty of threads in pinside that you can read for hours to research how to fix and re rubber and rebuild flippers.

#37 6 years ago

Sounds good. Maybe I can find a local fellow pinsider that can swing by and give me a few pointers. I'd be willing to pay for this of course. Thx.

#38 6 years ago

I would assume there are a ton of pinsiders in your area that may be willing to come get you started if you ask nicely and provide the beer. A little cash never hurts if you are expecting them to do all the work for you, but I am always happy to meet a local pinhead that wants to learn and get more involved. I think there are a few regular pinsiders in your area???

#39 6 years ago

Stop judging comparable pricing by comparing it to what the game went for at the Texas Pinball Festival auction over the weekend!

The biggest lesson I learned this weekend as a noob to this hobby as well, is that pictures taken at the right angles of a game can make anything look good. For the longest time, I had been eyeing some of Fun's pins on ebay myself trying to convince myself the prices weren't all that bad. However, the machines that had the most wear and tear, were the ones Fun bought to auction off. There were some gems don't get me wrong, but for the most part, they just didn't present all that well. I think I saw on another thread, where a game (CP) was announced as being in excellent condition yet the boxing man toy was missing an entire arm.

Also, Fun themselves were allowed to bid themselves on their own machines so unless the person who bought the WCS presents himself, we'll never know if it was a real deal or a shill bidder.

That machine you posted pictures of, I would gladly drop $2K for it, maybe even a little more if I could see it in person. Pricing while market driven, is also relative to how much one is willing to pay for a wanted/wishlist machine. I'd be much more likely to overpay a couple hundred for a wishlist machine, than just some random good deal on a machine I had not considered before.

#40 6 years ago

So true on the pictures comment Derek. I feel the pics I shared on here definitely make this pin appear cleaner and brighter than it really is.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from malibumaven:

I told the seller today that I thought it was worth about $1,700 but would check with pinsiders to see if I should adjust down a little. The ball makes noise but that may be typical and will go away with a new ball and/or lubricate? The field looks a little tired and will need a complete teardown to get this in great shape. What would that cost roughly?

$1700 is a better price. If you can get it for that snatch it up.

#42 6 years ago

Thanks... that's the "done deal" price but she would listen to lower if I made the case. I don't want to "take" her as she (like me) doesn't really have much experience in this arena. That said, I wouldn't know if there was anything major I'm potentially overlooking. Never opened the door and lost the keys at some point. Plays fine but I did notice a little redirect of the ball when it hit a roll over button. Maybe this is normal?

#43 6 years ago

You will be fine for 1700. Trust me. Just buy the damn thing

To transport it, bring some shrink wrap, some old rags, a 5/8 wrech and a dolly. An extra guy to help it good also.

You should first drill the lock out so you can get off the glass and remove the balls from the game for transport. Once you drill the front door lock, there is a good chance the backbox keys will be hanging between the coin mechs on the inside of the door.

Fold down the head by unlatching the latch on the back side. Hopefully this folds down and the head it now also held in place from the inside of the backbox with bolts (unlikely since in a home, but you never know...). Use the rags to cushion between the folded down head and the cab side rails as you dont want to dent the side rails.

With legs still on, shrink wrap around the game a bunch to help hold the head snug to the cab. Then lift the back of the game (if you have long legs you can set it on your knee and do this on your own) and remove both back legs. Set the back end down and then go to the front and lift the game so it is resting on its back. Then remove the front legs. Wrap up all of your legs with shrink wrap and take them to the truck.

Now use your dolly and the muscle you brought along to move the game to your truck.

#44 6 years ago

Alright, sounds good... I know a pinsider in the area that said he would help me with all this as well. Off to HD to buy some shrink wrap and 1/4" steel drill bit. I may first try my hand at lock picking.

#45 6 years ago

I'd take it for $1700 if it was local. $2500 is too much, but $1700 is a good deal; it's a bit under the normal price for a routed one.

#46 6 years ago

It's a great game. Fair price at 1700$.

#47 6 years ago

Hell yeah, 1700 bucks would be a great deal.

#48 6 years ago

So is 2500 what they sell for in excellent condition recently tore down and everything fixed/replaced and waxed with leds ?

#49 6 years ago

I would pay 2500 for a VERY nice example like you describe but it needs to have a nice pf and cab also.

#50 6 years ago

The cab is real nice no fade and very very minor wear around the holes on playfield everything else is nice.also has new soccer ball and manual and keychain . Completely done in leds

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 47.00
$ 159.99
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 40.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 350.00
Boards
Pinball Basement
There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside