View topic image gallery

switch3 (resized).jpg
switch2 (resized).jpg
switch1 (resized).jpg
switches (resized).jpg
Sans titre-1 (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

Hello to the community.

I recently got a World Cup Soccer pinball. I would like to fix few issues on it.
I got a switch error when booting the pinball :

Sans titre-1 (resized).jpgSans titre-1 (resized).jpg

So let's see where the switch is located :

switches (resized).jpgswitches (resized).jpg

This is now the strange thing... I go to the general switch matrix test mode, and I manually push on the switch 72 as located by the operator manual (red spot).

...but when Im pushing on that switch, the pinball identify that precise switch as the switch 65 "Tackle Switch" ???
If that switch is listed on that operator page manual (on yellow), why that switch 65 is not indicated on the schema??? So what the point here?

Thanks in advance for your help.

#2 2 years ago

Wiring or connectors mixed up ?

Start hitting switches to find where #72 is now. May help you solve it.

LTG : )

#3 2 years ago

Had another thought. Check your switch matrix in the manual. If wire colors to where #72 is are correct, no mixed up connectors below the playfield. Then I'd be thinking switch matrix error. Switch wired wrong, diode on backwards, or a short to switch wiring. This would be somewhere else.

Has it always been this way ? Or start after you worked on the game ? If so start there.

#4 2 years ago

The 65 tackle switch is the vertical switch behind the rubber to the left of the playfield art that says tackle. The ramp switch is a mini switch assembly. The manual doesn't give clear indications, probably an error, or simply lack of space to spell it out. Look at the row and wiring colors on the switch matrix chart, then find those colors on the wires under the playfield in that area, and you should be able to follow and identify both switches.

#5 2 years ago

Thanks LTG & wayout440 for your fast replies.
I eventually find what is the switch 72 and where to find it : it was located...just in front of me (shame on me ) :

switch1 (resized).jpgswitch1 (resized).jpg

I'm not familiar with Microswitch With Blade Actuator. And because I didn't see any 'blade actuator' (missing on my pinball as you can see on the previous picture), I didn't though it was the micro switch I'm looking for.

Anyway, here's what I need to get to solve my issue :

switch2 (resized).jpgswitch2 (resized).jpg

Thanks for the support guys

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from lukeb:

Anyway, here's what I need to get to solve my issue :

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-sub-microswitch-5647-12693-07-with-22-flat-blade.html

Blade is longer than you need. Trim to size.

#7 2 years ago

Clever, thanks LTG

#8 2 years ago

Oh, a last question if you don't mind, when I'll order the new switch, should I also buy that new part (is it a diode?) or should I can re-use the existing one ?

switch3 (resized).jpgswitch3 (resized).jpg

If so, what it the reference / value or part number ?

Thx

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from lukeb:

If so, what it the reference / value or part number ?

Diode I use 1N4004 or 1N4007. Work just fine. And if ever accidentally put on a coil it won't hut anything and work there too.

#10 2 years ago

You certainly can use the original diode, just diode test it first. The alternative is since diodes are very inexpensive and you are replacing another component anyway, it just makes sense to replace the diode at the same time. A functioning diode old or new is still a functioning diode.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from lukeb:

Oh, a last question if you don't mind, when I'll order the new switch, should I also buy that new part (is it a diode?) or should I can re-use the existing one ?

As wayout440 posted you can reuse the diode.

Be sure you get the silver band end of the diode facing the same direction, and wires in the same spots.

#12 2 years ago

Thanks guys

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-pinball-issue-to-identify-a-switch- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.