• Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
cimg1968e.jpg
cimg1966e.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ToddSonOfOdin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

Hi,

I just picked up a WCS machine in pretty good condition locally. I don't think they used it all that much, and then of course as soon as we got it there were 100 plays within 2 days.

Alas, the goal started to only occasionally register - most of the time, it registers as Striker's Hideout, the small opening to the right. They both drain into the same gutter and then shoot out the same upramp. I read through the manual and took off the glass - neither made it apparent how the game differentiates between the two shots.

Can someone with the game shed some light on this?

In addition - the goalie looks like he's made a fair number of saves over the years. I get a sense that the small contact behind him is bent forward, and it doesn't register as often as it should. What is the correct distance to have between the contact pieces on the goalie?

Thanks guys
Todd

#8 12 years ago

Thanks for the response guys. Is this the opto sensor (attached pic)? The black wires seemed OK, the other side I couldn't inspect as easily. Aside from tension, is there another check I should be doing? If the wires are OK, could the sensor have gone bad?

Additionally, when I was poking around I noticed the leads coming from the goalie (the black shrink wrapped lines in the picture) had been spliced into the lead. They were wrapped in electrical tape which looked like the shrink wrap which is why I missed it earlier. I took it apart and wire nutted them for a more secure connection. There were three of each pair, green/yellow and white/gray. I'm assuming this is just from a goalie replacement in the past? During a test run he seemed to be registering so that's good.

cimg1966e.jpgcimg1966e.jpg

#11 12 years ago

Just ran the tests. I did verify several working opto's before moving onto the goalie. Indeed, #41 (goal trough) does not register.

Is this the receiver? From http://www.lakesidepinballparts.com/switch.html

Optical assembly switch gate transmitter for all Williams and Bally pinballs. Ref # A-16908.
Pinball Optic Assembly White Transmitter
Price $9.95

In addition, the goalie, switch 48, does not register as well. This goes back to my prior post about the hacked wiring. I redid the wire nuts to no avail. Does it make sense that the leads from the goalie lead to a 3 way junction of wires? They are the correct colors per the test. See attached pic.

cimg1968e.jpgcimg1968e.jpg

1 week later
#14 12 years ago

First of all, thanks to everyone for your replies. I ordered the parts from MarcoSpec, and one of my friends stopped by with a soldering iron. 10 minutes later we were back in business.

Quoted from ataritoday:

Is this the one that showed up on craigslist a week or two ago ? I was thinking about that one as well, but looks like you may have picked it up. Congrats.

Yes, it was. I had been looking for awhile after visiting the Pinball HOF in Vegas and Silverball Museum in Asbury Park and rekindling my interest. My short list was 3 machines. Most everything was too far, too expensive. This turned up 5 miles from my house and for a price that was less than what most have reported paying for on this board. It was in good shape, I'd say 7/10, with no errors in test mode. Had to jump on it. They had a LW2 machine as well, same price/condition, but to me it was a terrible game in comparison.

We just put another 4 hours on it yesterday after getting the goal fixed, and now get a flipper error!

Switch 48
F8 upper left flipper

It still works, just feels different. Manual was not much help. I searched on the forum but I think "f8" is too short and any term I added with flipper seemed generic. Thoughts?

How can I tell if it's worth replacing the entire flipper or just fixing this issue?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ToddSonOfOdin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-goal-and-goalie-issues?tu=ToddSonOfOdin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.