World Cup Soccer - Blows Fuse F115 when start button is pushed-HELP

By Jesterfunhouse

12 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 12 months ago

My Bally World Cup Soccer has an issue that me and another pinsider cannot figure out. If turn on the game it boots fine but when I push the start button, the F115 Fuse blows the game ejects all of the balls and then the flippers lock on. We have checked all switches and diodes and replaced the U20 Chip on the WPC CPU security board assembly. Nothing corrects it. Any thoughts or have you had something similar?

#2 12 months ago

Bridge rectifier for 20 volts bad ?

LTG : )

#3 12 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Bridge rectifier for 20 volts bad ?
LTG : )

It was bad we replaced it.

#4 11 months ago

Any other ideas from the Pinball universe?

#5 11 months ago

If you remove connector J114 before pressing the start button and see what happens.
Does the fuse still blow the problem probably is on the CPU-board, and it's probably a broken U20 or a broken U14 and a broken U20.
If you already switched U20, it's probably both U14 and U20 you need to change now then. A broken U14 normally breaks U20 quite fast.
If the fuse doesn't blow, the problem probably is a short on the playfield or a broken opto-board.
Turn the game off and reconnect the J114.
Disconnect the power connector to the opto-board under the playfield.
If the fuse still blow, there's a short on the playfield. If it doesn't blow it's probably a broken opto-board. Start with changing the two LM339:s.

#6 11 months ago
Quoted from Classe:

Start with changing the two LM339:s.

Thank you so much for the response and advise. I have the chips on order and will test like you said. Again much appreciated!

#7 11 months ago

No problem.
So the fuse didn't blow when you started the game with connector J3 disconnected from the 10 opto-board under the playfield then?

#8 11 months ago
Quoted from Classe:

No problem.
So the fuse didn't blow when you started the game with connector J3 disconnected from the 10 opto-board under the playfield then?

I ran out of fuses had to order them should be here in a couple of days. I will report back then. Again many thanks!

#9 11 months ago
Quoted from Classe:

No problem.

I disconnected the 10 opto board and the game bootes up fine, but with the opto board connected it still blows the fuse.

#10 11 months ago

When a game is started the soccer ball spins. Possibly a bad motor? Mayne put in test. Run soccer ball and goalie motor as well.

#11 11 months ago

When a game is started the soccer ball usually spins. Possibly a bad motor? I would put in test. Run soccer ball and goalie motor as well and see if it blows. Or disconnect soccer ball start a game see if it blows.

#12 11 months ago

So the problem is most likely the opto-board then.
Buy a new one, or if you want to try to fix the one you have, start with changing the two LM339:s.

#13 11 months ago
Quoted from Classe:

So the problem is most likely the opto-board then.
Buy a new one, or if you want to try to fix the one you have, start with changing the two LM339:s.

Thanks I will start shopping for one!

#14 11 months ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

When a game is started the soccer ball spins. Possibly a bad motor? Mayne put in test. Run soccer ball and goalie motor as well.

Thanks I will try this as well!

1 week later
#15 11 months ago

Okay update finally got around to installing the new trough opto boards and ran into the same issue. The game shot out two balls and the flippers locked and the fuse blew. The soccer ball motor works fine but when I started the game then I noticed it repeat the above issue as soon as the ball started spinning. I went into test mode tested every coil then I tested the soccer ball. It spun fine but when I engaged the the high coil power button by the coin door the flippers locked on. They only did this when in the soccer ball test. So I completely disconnected the soccer ball from the mini board under the playfield (both connectors). Now the game plays fine minus having the soccer ball work. Played about ten games with no issues and no fuse blows.

Do you all think it is that mini motor controller board (#A-16120) or something on the main driver board?

#16 11 months ago

I've seen bad bushings in the motor drawing too much current.perhaps when other devices are called for its enough to push things over the edge and blow the fuse. I'm betting bad motor.

#17 11 months ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

I've seen bad brushes in the motor drawing too much current.perhaps when other devices are called for its enough to push things over the edge and blow the fuse. I'm betting bad motor.

2 weeks later
#18 10 months ago

FYI this has been resolve. The issue turned out to be on the driver board basically a bad hack that has now been cleaned up and no further issues.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-blows-fuse-f115-when-start-button-is-pushed-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.