(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tablewicked.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4210 5 years ago

Just joined the club! Love the game play and call outs! As you can see my boxer is super excited about the new purchase. My playfield is in great shape except where the kickout holes are, I am having trouble finding where to buy a full cliffy protector set. Any suggestions where to buy, or if anyone has a set laying around that they are not going to use that would be fantastic.

IMG_2315 (resized).JPGIMG_2315 (resized).JPGIMG_2323 (resized).JPGIMG_2323 (resized).JPG
#4212 5 years ago

Thanks for the reply and offer on the old set. I did not notice that you could email cliffy directly to order, I was looking at his list of distributors and could not find them. Ill shoot him a email to see if there still available.

Thanks again

#4215 5 years ago

I was reading that the carbon fibre ones are better then the stainless. I'm going to email him today, this is the first set of cliffy protectors I ever needed so I was not sure how to order. I want to have them before I start the top side tear down, looks like a lot of stuff has to come off to install them.

#4221 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mylar is an option too unless the saucers are completely chewed up.

Quoted from BigLebowski:

I´m not so sure about the carbon fibre ones because they overlap a little too much with the playfield art for my taste. Maybe I go with the rings from Marco that go inside the saucers and put a playfield protector on top.

The holes are pretty chewed up, there gonna have to be covered to look nice again. I can live with some of the art covered so I ordered the full set from cliffy, he said he is 8 weeks backed up. Has anyone removed the mylar from the playfield? would like to take mine off, just wondering about the risk of art lifting up.

2 weeks later
#4250 5 years ago

My goalie finally kicked the bucket, I had some Lexan laying around so I decided to make a replacement. I was worried the Lexan would be too stiff to trigger the switch but I was wrong, the switch registered every time! I have a NOS decal but I am going to leave it bare for now and have a few more games to see how it holds up

IMG_2380 (resized).JPGIMG_2380 (resized).JPGIMG_2381 (resized).JPGIMG_2381 (resized).JPG
#4253 5 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

You have a wonderful opportunity to use a picture of your favorite keeper.....or even your least favorite politician

That would be a great idea! But what politician to chose? lol. I was thinking about putting my boxer on there as a joke, just need to find someone with Photoshop skills to help me out.

Quoted from mixmastapj:

What thickness lexan did you use? Mine is cracked and wrapped in clear packing tape for now.

The Lexan I have is 1/8 thick, I am very happy with how it is holding up!

4 months later
#4636 5 years ago

Does anyone have a vector scan of the "free kick" insert and the "lock" insert? If you do it would be much appreciated.

IMG_2659 (resized).JPGIMG_2659 (resized).JPGIMG_2660 (resized).JPGIMG_2660 (resized).JPG
1 year later
#5712 4 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Anyone know where I can find a replacement cable? It's coming off the Opto board on the front left of the machine (see finger point). Mine is flaky and when I move it around I get errors.[quoted image]

Might have some cracked solder joins on the pins. I would pull the board out and look on the backside to see what they look like, and reflow the solder on the pins.

2 months later
#5891 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

My WCS is having issues scoring a goal from the upper eject hole (free kick) kick out up by the goal. The solenoid just seems to be too weak to make it all the way into the goal. It almost makes it but just a little bit short. Any ideas on how to fix this / adjust the strength of that solenoid?
Thanks
Ed

Did it work before? would take the mech apart, clean it, check if the coil sleeve is in good condition, make sure it’s not binding up.

2 weeks later
#5927 3 years ago

You can probably shove it back into the connector. I’ve done it before, if you don’t have the tool you can use a small flathead jewellers screwdriver to carefully push it back.

2 months later
#6075 3 years ago

Are both flippers week? I had one week flipper on my WCS, and on my Who Dunnit. It was a faulty flipper board. When I swapped them the issue went from one flipper to the other. So I rebuilt the board and worked great. You could also pull the boards out and check the solder and clean the opto‘s.

9 months later
#6927 2 years ago
Quoted from martymart:

Has anyone had any luck cleaning the soccer ball. Mine doesn’t look to bad but haven’t had much luck getting the ball marks off.
[quoted image]

Never had to clean it before, but I would try taking the ball off the playfield and spay with simple green and lightly scrub with a magic eraser. I would be cautious around the black parts, it might remove the black lines. Good luck!

2 weeks later
#6968 2 years ago
Quoted from DBUM:

I have an error onthe display preventing me from starting a game that mentions j112 and f115 & f116 fuses all of which look fine. When I go into test mode the goalie drive motor and neither the ball motor do anything when I try and run them in test mode. Any suggestions? Everything else works normally in test mode.

Never trust just looking at the fuse to see if it’s good, you should pull the fuse out of the holder and check continuity with a multimeter.

1 year later
#8002 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I remeasured this AM on a flat surface (my driveway is sloped) and it appears my clearance from the top of my bumper latch to the bottom of the dome light in the back is 31" so I should be in the clear. Tight but clear.
Thanks

Not sure what year santa fe you have, but I have a 2010 for moving games and a wpc cabinet fits fine.

#8004 1 year ago

Well I’m no help then, worst case you could always take the head off. I had to do that yesterday to move mine out of my basement.

496CA615-D3C6-47C0-B5D9-F5D3EA6C35AB (resized).jpeg496CA615-D3C6-47C0-B5D9-F5D3EA6C35AB (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 1,059.00
$ 159.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tablewicked.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome?tu=tablewicked and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.