(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9193 (resized).jpeg
diverter assembly world cup (resized).png
Screenshot_20240206-183630 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider t3amaw3s0m3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1881 8 years ago

I'm having problems lifting the playfield on my WCS game to do servicing on the underside, as the soccer ball does not spin during gameplay. I can lift it up just barely past the two bars, but I and several friends have tried unsuccessfully to pull it forward at all with all our might. I can't even get to the stage where it clicks and you can continue lifting.

This is about as high up as I can get it, and clearly it's propped up:

IMG_20150901_190233.jpgIMG_20150901_190233.jpg

This is how the mechanism looks on the left side when the playfield is in its propped-up state. Note the part with the spring doesn't hang down and is not touching the wood rail.

IMG_20150901_190418.jpgIMG_20150901_190418.jpg

On the other hand, this is the right-side mechanism. The part with the spring hangs down when the playfield is in the propped-up state, and notice how it seems to have derailed itself, scraping the wood rail quite a bit over time.

IMG_20150901_190529.jpgIMG_20150901_190529.jpg

When I try to jiggle it and pull forward, it seems to actually be stuck on the left side, while the right side has a little bit of give. Any suggestions as to how I can pull the playfield forward? My local friends are all EM experts, and not very big on WPC system knowledge.

#1895 8 years ago
Quoted from RampShot11:

Carefully have someone pull the right side of the playfield forward...and someone else needs to push the bracket "hook looking thing" up so it is parallel with that black piece of wood next to it.

Tried this just now... pulled on the hook looking thing / springy part with a coat hanger so it was parallel to the wood rail. Then I had someone try yanking forward on the playfield once again, but to no avail. Not sure what it could be stuck on. Time to start drilling? Some folks suggested it could take a few minutes' worth of jiggling before it cooperates.

#1911 8 years ago
Quoted from RampShot11:

Standby for pics.

Thanks for those pictures. Anything I should be aware of on the way there?

Quoted from Venom_249:

Looks like your cabinet harness is wrapped around an old soccer ball and maybe bottom of playfield

Sure enough... That was an old, crummy half soccer ball that looks way more busted than the one installed. I also found a huge screwdriver, a screw, and a couple washers floating around! Who knows what remains...

Quoted from Venom_249:

is the sliding rail attached to the bottom of the playfield possibly all the way off the pivot and blocked by the catch on the front of the rail itself?

Something must be blocking it at the pivot point, but it's hard to take good pictures there with the things hanging down in that area. The one on the right side wants to move forward, but the one on the left is completely stuck. Here are a couple views that might help you diagnose it.

IMG_20150906_180007.jpgIMG_20150906_180007.jpg

IMG_20150906_180051.jpgIMG_20150906_180051.jpg

Doesn't seem like it should be stuck... but it is!

#1916 8 years ago
Quoted from T7:

You need to apply enough pressure to pull it loose, and then re-tighten the pivot head.

This is intriguing advice... Of course, I tried using the rod of a Harbor Freight screwdriver to loosen the nut, and I thought the screwdriver would break before the nut would actually turn. In researching the terms further, I discovered the related parts (in Sec. 2-3 of the manual) are:
the Plate Spacer (http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-11408),
the Pivot Nut (http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4329-1), and
the Pivot Bushing (http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2204).

So I should try to hold the bushing steady while trying to turn the nut loose, and then once it's loose, I'll re-tighten it? (Sorry if this is an idiotic question; I'm way more of a software guy than a hardware guy.)

Anyway, my WCS game will be brought to the Dallas Makerspace in Carrollton for our Open House this Saturday 9/12, and there will be about a dozen other pins available to play! If you mention this thread, I'll let you have a crack at lifting the playfield. (And if you ask nicely, maybe we'll show you all the other projects we're working on in the back room. )

2 weeks later
#1951 8 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

If someone gets it lifted let us know. I am very curious as to why it is sticking so badly.

Well, thanks to RampShot11, Venom_249, and T7 for offering assistance. The leg bolt plates were super-loose in the game, and finally with enough determination and faith that the game wouldn't just fall down onto the floor and possibly squish my feet, I jiggled the playfield around more vigorously than before and it finally gave! This was good since there's a lot of stuff under the playfield that needs cleaning and/or replacement, as evidenced by the way it behaved at DMS Open House. Now I'm working on replacing those leg bolt plates while it's set on the ground...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

6,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider t3amaw3s0m3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome?tu=t3amaw3s0m3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.