(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sunmonkeyaz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3595 6 years ago

Just joined the team today. Been on the wishlist for a while and didn’t get a great example but happy to have it.

Are the fuses listed in the diagram correct or are some known to be incorrect?
This one has a couple way off. F114 shows 8A 32V but had a 7A 250V and F903 had a 30A 32V instead of a 3A 250V. I guess some people put in whatever fits.

The center soccer ball inserts are coming up a bit and the skill decal is gone. Is there any decals for these or a way to clean up anyone knows off?

Did some searching but didn’t find anything. Forgive me if I missed it.

Looking forward to playing once I get the correct fuses in.

41D0FA60-09F9-4D69-A8C2-8C97975B7D09 (resized).jpeg41D0FA60-09F9-4D69-A8C2-8C97975B7D09 (resized).jpeg

#3598 6 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Watch out for people overfusing! Something is probably blowing that original fuse to begin with.

Yep. That’s why I’m waiting to turn it on again until I pick up some fuses today and then I’ll see what happens. Hopefully they had just thrown in what they had and there’s not some other issues blowing the fuses. It was on route and this guy didn’t keep up machines so he is one who would just get it running. Batteries had 2013 written on them.

#3599 6 years ago

So I fixed some switches and got things working. One question I have is with the ball lock. I get it to the point of saying to hit either ramp to lock and I do but the ball just passes by. In test if I roll a ball along the path the switches all register and the magnet works in solenoid test. Am I missing something on what triggers the lock magnet?

#3601 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

The switch right in front of the magnet triggers it.

OK. So in testing I should be able to get it ready to lock, hold a ball near the magnet, trigger the switch and see if the magnet fires. I will try that later today.
Maybe the magnet is not strong enough? Although I haven't notice the magnet sound like with the magna save. But can't say it hasn't played for sure.

#3604 6 years ago

So I tried, with a game going, lighting the lock and manually hitting the switch and no magnet buzz sound audio. Tested again in switch test and the switch (78) registers when I roll a ball through or hit it with my finger. So it seems like the switch isn’t registering while lock is lit. If it was and the problem was with the magnet I would get the magnet buzz audio after the switch hit. Or is the audio played when the magnet is activated? Kind of confused on where this lies.

#3608 6 years ago
Quoted from RonaldRayGun:

There's a setting for how long the magnet is activated. Long shot but you might want to check that.

In my case the magnet isn’t activating at all. In my test I lit lock, held the ball over the magnet and hit the switch. If it was a strength or time issue I would have at least felt a little pull and heard the magnet kick on but nothing happened.

#3611 6 years ago

So, here's what happened.

Tested again the switches and magnet and OK.

I would get an error at power up but nothing in the test report so didn't know where the error was from. (Had a post about that I started) I had also found the shooter lane switch was disconnected. When connected, the switch would cause the ball eject to fire all the balls out one by one. In switch edge test, with the switch connected, activating it would register itself but I noticed the trough ball stack opto would blink slightly on the matrix. I replaced the diode and removed the spade connector on the shooter lane switch. Tested again and the ball stack did not flicker. Powered up and no error. Good. Started a game and manually rolled the ball around to light lock. Rolled up the left lamp and magnet grabbed it and held for a second and dropped it in like it should. Started multiball and let it drain. Lit lock again and hit right ramp and magnet grabbed. Great.

So it appears the shooter lane switch not working caused the magnet not to kick on in the program. I guess a ball count issue since it never saw it in the lane? All other aspects of the game worked ok so I was focusing on the magnet and switches. Thought I'd switch gears to the other issue and seems to have resolved it at least for a game. Which is better than I had. I'll test more later since I'm technically "working" from home today and I should show some production.

I'll update later. Thanks for the suggestions.

#3614 6 years ago

Now that I’m through the lock issue, for now at least, back to an original question. Any suggestions for the center ball decals? Skill is gone and others are coming up a little.

9 months later
#4390 5 years ago

Yes. Stadium yellow and boards are red on top for jackpot and yellow in the other two. At least that’s how it is on mine. Those are the only lights I haven’t changed to LEDs yet.

4D6921FD-4071-41A4-B77A-9FF508A9354A (resized).jpeg4D6921FD-4071-41A4-B77A-9FF508A9354A (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,059.00
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salida, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sunmonkeyaz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome?tu=sunmonkeyaz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.