(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rollitover.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1301 9 years ago

With so many of these out there why hasn't anybody run complete plastic sets or complete ramp sets. Popularity of the game speaks for itself.

#1304 9 years ago

Hot tip, thanks JWJ for the info.

#1310 9 years ago

Congrats, great game. In a word:fun.

#1312 9 years ago

When I spend an evening in my gameroom I have fallen into a pattern, or as I call it now a rotation. Start off with Big Game(my first pin) then a game or two of Amazing Spiderman. Next up is Batman Forever until I get frustrated. Finally, World Cup Soccer. It is the grand finale, the icing on the cake!

#1318 9 years ago
Quoted from Evan55:

my first pinball machine! yaaay! been wanting one for years.
just tonight the goalie stopped working. boooo......
I did the goalie test (yep...still broken) and checked for loose wires. Not sure next step for diagnostic.
Anyone know of a good process for troubleshooting this?
Id hate to just start throwing (expensive) parts at it

Nice choice for your first machine. Don't sweat it, after you get the kinks worked out it will be fine. Wanting a pin and finally getting one.... what a difference! Enjoy

#1334 9 years ago

You get one or two shots in overtime. Gotta sink one quick! Anybody actually count the seconds before Germany nails it?

#1337 9 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

If you look up and you are tied at the end of the match, it must be hard to start counting to see how long it takes for Germany to score and beat you.

Oh no doubt. I was merely wondering if anyone had sacrificed the match in order to see how long it takes Germany to score. Somebody out there must have tried it.

#1339 9 years ago

For science, indeed! I'll check it out tonight. Anybody know the sequence for the three way combo that scores 15m on WCS? Got one last night but it happened so fast I don't know how I did it. I know it has to do with the ramps.

#1341 9 years ago

A soccer ball with teal panels would be nice, like the one on the playfield that contains the five words stamina, strength, speed etc. Omit the words however. It would draw in a feature of the game, one that would instantly be recognized as part of WCS. It would connect your outstanding artwork to the game itself without any printed word. Fine job BTW

#1348 9 years ago
Quoted from Ogie191:

WCS94 was well represented at EXPO! I believe I counted three(3) different machines in the Free Play areas. I think that all three were For Sale ($2900-$3K). I realize that these were "Expo Retail" prices, but they seemed a bit high for player quality pins (all the machines had issues and/or needed some TLC). I thought the average price for a decent WCS94 was still in the low $2K range. Did I miss the boat on picking up one at a reasonable price?

I landed a nice one not that long ago for $2250. If you are patient and stick to your price range while at the same time remain vigilant I am sure you'll get yours! Rest assured you did not miss the boat. This game is far too common.

2 weeks later
#1360 9 years ago

Anyone else get annoyed when you might be having just a little trouble hitting shots or goals and you hear... "They can't seem to get control of the ball" or the one that gets me "the crowd is waiting in anticipation". Let them anticipate and I'll get control of the ball when I'm darn good and ready. If I'm agitated enough at the time I've been known to respond with a wise guy type of "Shut up". Anybody else? All in good fun

1 week later
#1374 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Ok I think my WCS is at 99% and playable. The only issue is an F8 UL Flipper error at startup? Anyone dealt with that?
That said, I played around with the glass off...What sort of settings and adjustments do you guys do to keep the game challenging? I put up 1 bil without trying. I know that's not a HUGE score, but I felt like I didn't even try. I want to work for my points!

Turn off automatic TV Award. It is a minor adjustment but a step in the right direction.

#1376 9 years ago

TV Award will automatically be lit for ball one unless you turn it off. You should have to score four goals in order to achieve first TV Award. No big deal, but like I said a step in the right direction.

Quoted from nicoga3000:Will do.
Mind me asking, but what does that do?

#1386 9 years ago

You might tone down your angle (or slope) a bit. I have mine medium high and the ball almost never hits the glass. Do it in increments so that you do not go too far.

1 week later
#1409 9 years ago
Quoted from gjbwalker:

WCS Plastics are available at CPR!!!!

That is one sweet set! Now if I could only find a couple 'a hun layin' round the house...
Seriously, that set would be an awesome upgrade.

#1415 9 years ago

It's so you can hear it from across the room... or downstairs... or outside.

#1417 9 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

It's like the dinner bell..
Players from all around will immediately recognize it, and come storming to play!

EXACTLY! Now that's what I'm talkin' bout.

#1429 9 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

Hello all! Just got mine yesterday and love it, but have an issue that hopefully you can help me with. The magnet lock is not working, and from doing a search it seems it may be a fuse. So I took out the fuse in question, F904. Now, I am an extreme newbie to pinball, and am hoping just switching this fuse will fix it. Now, from what i have read it seams this is a 3A slow blow 250V. Is this hard to find? Will I need to order online or can I use something else? Also, if it is not the fuse, would it be the coil not working? Thanks for all the help!

It is getting harder to find appropriate/specific fuses at your local hardware store. Most stores carry some but the variety is shrinking. Automotive parts stores still carry some as well. Worth a try perhaps.
If to no avail, Pinball Resource is THE online stop for fuses. Virtually any fuse you would need. They are cheap too at only $1 for a box of 5. Get that bad boy up and running and go kick some goals!

#1462 9 years ago

To dloe007: if you're gonna own one pin, you sure picked a winner. Game is both fun and challenging. What made you choose WCS? Any particular reason?

#1466 9 years ago
Quoted from dloe007:

G'day mate (from Australia just FYI). Well didn't have much room in the house and wasn't up to spending big bucks on a pin (quite young) so I was looking at the cheaper pins (BSD, DW, FT etc...) and none of them really spoke out to me, meaning I couldn't really own any of them. I was at a meet at someone's place and they had a WCS and I played it (first time) and I loved it. So many things to do and shoot for, wizard mode wasn't impossible, the goal is awesome, ramps are long are satisfying, multiball was fun, good art and great sounds. So I asked the owner how much do these usually sell for? I was expecting the price of say a NGG, WH20 or a TOTAN because of the high game quality and the designer but in-fact it was reasonable and from there I had to own it. So the rest is history, I love the game and happy to have it as my only pin! But ever since I got it I have been trying to track down that damn plastic! Oh and also I would like the game more if they spelt my country correctly!

WCS.JPG 248 KB

I asked for one reason and you unloaded! Hard to narrow it to only one reason I know. WCS has alot to offer. Great story in addition to all the details. Glad to have an Aussie owner on board. Hope you enjoy it for a long time to come mate and many happy high scores. Now get to L.A. and defeat Germany!

p.s. I'll have to look at mine later as I never realized your country was mis-spelled!?

#1471 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcbbq13:

Stoked finally getting this pin back in my collection!

'Atta boy! Welcome back.

1 month later
#1536 9 years ago

Hey, doublestack never got an official welcome to the club. So here it is: Welcome to the club!
You have purchased one of the Funnest machines money can buy. Hope you get it up and running soon. Many happy high scores! Enjoy

#1545 9 years ago
Quoted from LoserKid_Pinball:

Finally came across one last week an operator was neglecting! I thoughly looked the bad boy over, played it for 2 hours (time flies when you're having fun) and decided it needed to go to a good home.

Like saving a lost dog.
Congrats!

3 weeks later
#1570 9 years ago

Welcome to the club Whysnow. All those machines... what took you so long? Just hadn't gotten around to it or had you owned one in the past?
Anyway fun game and I hope you enjoy it!

2 weeks later
#1575 9 years ago

Lotta' work but nice when one is rescued!

2 weeks later
#1599 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Just joined the club tonight!!image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Hope you enjoy it for years to come. Pretty straight forward ruleset but positively one of the funnest machines ever!
"the shot is G-O-O-D!!!

#1612 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I just bought one of these. Is the magna save as useless as it seems, or does it benefit from replacing that magnet? Mine works, but SDTM seems to avoid the magnet field, maybe there is a slight bend, but it pretty much has to be near the left flipper tip, and very well timed to be able to remotely work right. If it catches, it's super strong after that.
This is making me wonder if this is why in all the papa video's no one ever wastes using this feature over trying their usual SDTM defence.

Never use it myself, my son almost always does at least once or twice a game. Kinda gimmicky, seems almost like an add-on or throw-in feature 'ya know?
Hope you enjoy the game and welcome to the club Atomicboy.

#1615 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

hitting it caused a pulse only, enough to send the ball off to the side, but reliably.

Interesting thought. It would be as if the goalie deflected the ball in stead of taking possession of it.

1 week later
#1627 9 years ago

Congrats on your first machine.
It certainly is a great game. I've been playing it for years and owned one now for a couple of years and it still brings me back after all this time. "The shot is G-O-O-D!!!"

#1639 9 years ago
Quoted from Manhattan:

So I finished cleaning and waxing my WCS94 a couple of weeks ago and it plays great and super fast. I love it. What I don't love is that the right outlane seems to be entering the equation far more often now. Especially when I miss a left orbit shot and it hits the post on the left side of the ramp. The rebound is near perfect back into the right outlane.
I have been tempted to move the outlane post down to the lower setting to try and offset this a bit but I kinda feel dirty in attempting it. Is it wrong? Am I breaking a moral code? I just thought I would make a quick post about it to get some feedback from other WCS94 owners before I do something that might get me kicked out of the club

Moved mine to a lower position as drains were driving me mad. Lowered them to make the game more enjoyable. Yes it helps extend play but it is your machine after all, set it as you see fit.
Believe me, there are still numerous times when the ball finds those outlanes.
Enjoy

3 weeks later
#1687 8 years ago

No worries here. During multi-ball the assist will not shoot the ball when you engage the left flipper. The machine takes control temporarily and will automatically shoot a goal. This frees up the left flipper to contend with the remaining balls. This feature continues for the duration of the current multi-ball.

2 weeks later
#1730 8 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Did I hear a rumor of colorDMD for WCS?

L o n g overdue IMO. Really hard to believe they haven't made one yet considering the high production count and how many still remain. We shall see...

3 weeks later
#1768 8 years ago

All my high scores have been reset except the machine kept my Grand Champion score... is this an oddity? Or does the machine periodically reset them?
Is this just a case of old batteries? Curious and any/all input appreciated.

#1770 8 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

All (Most?) WMS games from the 90's will reset high scores after 'x' number of games. (Off-hand, I do not know the number of games..) I THOUGHT that it reset Grand Champion as well, but perhaps not.

Thanks for the response Coyote.

3 weeks later
#1800 8 years ago

Right flipper was a little weak on my machine. Most notable was the lack of success shooting for the Penalty Kick. Turns out there was some play in the flipper assembly. Replaced and well... what do you know: Penalty Kick was now a breeze. Not only that, but after just a few games I was able to surpass the Final Match goal record with seven. Sweet! First time breaking the set mark of six!
Love this game!

1 month later
#1875 8 years ago

Curious: had some work done on mine awhile back which included the right flipper. The flippers are now at an even angle when engaged. I could've sworn that the right flipper should be at a slightly lower angle than the left. True?

3 weeks later
#1923 8 years ago

Nice! Will match the metal ramp very well.

#1925 8 years ago

Would love to restore the gold on mine as well. Got a quote of $40. Just don't have the extra coin to do it though.

#1927 8 years ago
Quoted from RampShot11:

$40!! That's a great price. Does that include re Golding the legs also?

No, I was told that price was for the ramp only. Now that you mention it, I should inquire about the legs as well.

1 week later
#1943 8 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

This is correct. It will spin both ways. Has anyone figured out how to get the ball to grip the pinballs a bit more? On mine they just kinda slowly roll off no matter how fast the soccer ball is spinning...

Only thing you can do is clean the ball from time to time in an effort to keep the rubber supple. The ball hardens over time and there is (much) less reaction when the pinball comes in contact. Softer, more supple soccer ball will perform better.

3 months later
#2000 8 years ago
Quoted from BigDan:

I was about to hit the buy button but thought I should ask here first.
Is there a consensus as to which replacement soccer ball is better?
Bay Area Amusements "Slightly off white" one or the one Marco is selling?
Marco
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/23-6709
large_(resized).jpg
BAA
http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=BAA&Product_Code=GS-WCS23-6709
GS-WCS23-6709L_(resized).jpg

I think you should go with the WHITE. It will stand out better and the overall appeal is better.
The ball will eventually have a ring around it from the pinballs coming into contact with it though.
But as long as you are buying a new one go with the brighter one. IMO

10 months later
#2964 7 years ago

The ones on ebay appear over sprayed. If they can't get the paint right would you trust the fit?
If you're going to put in a new one you could do better.
The one with the blemish from marco is a good deal if you are not looking for mint. And keep in mind that they will get dirty and show wear in a very short period of time if played a lot.

and for picking up quite possibly THE most fun pinball machine out there cw, you get an 'ATTA BOY!
Enjoy

#2966 7 years ago

I'm no expert cw. As the pinballs will eventually leave a rind around the soccer ball, I just gently clean mine with some warm water or a MILD cleaner. Keep me up to date on your progress with the game. Let me know when you defeat Germany in the World Cup Final.
Too much fun!!!

3 weeks later
#3040 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

"alt translites are for losers." - donald trump

It should be looo-sers!

#3048 7 years ago

Does anyone else track their All-Time Record against Germany? I am 9 wins and 7 losses all time.
In a 3 game lineup with Shadow and EBD, it's always great to come back to. Kids love it!

After I got mine I kept track and wrote them down.
Not at home currently but will take a look to see what my record was.
Seems to me that your 9-7 is pretty good.

2 months later
#3166 7 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

I should be in as I have 1.5 WCS. The .5 is a game that was parted when I got it. Might be selling some parts. Anybody looking for some?

Ya got a list of what's available?
... or too many to note?

1 month later
#3221 7 years ago

Yeah, you were playing "the Final Draw".
As stated, the World Cup Final takes place once you have traveled to L.A.
Then Championship game ensues where-in any goals by Germany are announced.
Too much fun!
If you really enjoy this game, it will be a blast!!!

1 month later
#3286 6 years ago

Always nice to see one being restored to its former glory rather than being gutted for parts... or worse...
Nice work also!

#3289 6 years ago

WOW! That's quite the list.
A man dedicated for SURE!

3 weeks later
#3319 6 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

New plastics, LEDs, chrome rails, lock bar, legs, hinges and associated hardware, new cab decal, new back box, new soccer ball, new flipper mechs and coils, new star posts and a few other parts so far.

Hard to blame the man who loves
a challenge.

1 month later
#3371 6 years ago

'Atta boy!
Looks like a nice one.

Quoted from delt31:

I joined as well. This is prob the best pin for your money out there. 3k and you get so much. Spinners modes physical locks toys it's all there

Best pin for the money indeed!
Great playability and fast too. Love me some WCS!
And, oh yeah... you get an 'Atta boy also.

Two more in the club.

4 weeks later
#3384 6 years ago

There is a big difference between opening up a machine and observing things and
"messing around" with things as you say.
Many problems can be remedied quickly with a basic knowledge of things. That said there is no need to be intimidated.
As suggested, goalie attached? Loose wire perhaps?
As you rule out the quick fixes you will come to know when you are in over your head and require help.

#3386 6 years ago
Quoted from weasley:

Thanks for the feedback guys! I pulled the playfield out and was checking wires when I noticed there was a wire jammed under the goalie. I pulled it out, straightened it out and it solved the problem! I'm glad it was a minor thing, but it's also given me the confidence to not be so scared about opening up the game. Thanks again everyone.

You, my friend, get an
"atta boy!"

#3391 6 years ago

Said it before and I'll say it again:
Why doesn't this game have a color DMD?!
They do Popeye but not WCS?
What's up with that?

2 weeks later
#3447 6 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Colordmd to be released this month!

And may I say...
IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!

1 month later
#3581 6 years ago

Jo4114:
About the third hole on the coin toss, mine is fficult to hit, not impossible, but challenging. I have to have the plunger just so in order to hit it.
I like it like that.
I have played some that are a snap. Prefer mine.
If yours is difficult like mine, perhaps all the better. If yours is impossible, then a new spring should rectify.

1 month later
#3736 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

sorry, how do you get to 4-5 ball multiball? i used to own one of these and didn't know i was doing it wrong. always thought i got 3 because i didn't lock anymore.

3-Ball is standard when you:
lock one, hit "Final Draw",
then another will pop out at the plunger.
To get more than 3 balls involved, you need to make it to Los Angeles and begin the World Cup Finals against Germany. Unlimited balls for a preset length of time (which can be changed in one of the menu's).

1 week later
#3764 6 years ago

Very nice. Looks great!
I think you're right, it does look better without.

4 weeks later
#3898 6 years ago
Quoted from dleasman:

All re-assembled.

Seeing the parts laid out and disassembled left me sceptical. But after I saw them installed... and WOW.
Perfect match with the yellow on the playfield.
Looks terrific!

#3902 6 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

The yellow has got me thinking about my parts but I may try powder coating in the teal color that is prominent in this game. Thoughts from the club?

I immediately thought of teal
but quicklyreconsidered.
Might be a bit too much because teal being such a prominent color on the game. The yellow really draws out the yellow on the playfield.
It is complimentary for sure whereas
the teal may be overkill?
That said it would be
cool to see what it would look like!

1 week later
#3941 6 years ago

My machine is making ghost calls such as:
What a save!
The guy is a wall!
It is also registering hits when I have ultra goalie.
All of these when the ball has not contacted the goalie.
Reasons?
Thanks will check back later.

#3943 6 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

Check the adjustment + wiring on the goalie switch...

Hoping for quick and easy.
Confirmed what I thought.
Thanks bud, will check it
after work.

#3947 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Try tightening the screw on the goalie. I get that every year or so and the screw just needs tightened.

Thanks, will check on that too.
Still have not had a chance to open it up.
Might have to wait for the weekend.

#3962 6 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

Check the adjustment + wiring on the goalie switch...

Quoted from PinballNewb:

Try tightening the screw on the goalie. I get that every year or so and the screw just needs tightened.

Mucho gracias amigos
Thanks fellas, all good again

#3992 6 years ago

Flippers on this game are slightly off-set and should not be perfectly even.
Check out the wire guides behind the flippers.

#3996 6 years ago
Quoted from Wiggy:

Really? Mine feel a bit more than just "slightly" off though.
Wire guides are fine, nothing touching the flippers.

The wire guides are just an indicator.
They are in the appropriate positions.
I didn't mean that something was wrong with them.
The off-set has to do with the brackets under the playfield. The ones the assemblies attach to. They are not even, therefore neither will your flippers be at an even angle.
It is by design.

#3998 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Now I’m intrigued. Both my flippers travel to the same point.

Of course if you want them to be even, you can adjust them that way. But if you use the guides and the factory adjustment holes, which are on the playfield between the guides and the flippers, then your flippers will be a tad off-set.
I think they did that to help accommodate the different shots? Not 100%sure.

1 month later
#4082 6 years ago
Quoted from dleasman:

Yeah... That sounds like a power issue to me, maybe because of the voltage going to the audio board.
In the end, I think it's probably harmless. If it only does it on startup, and does not effect audio beyond the startup sequence, then I would not worry too much about it.
I am still curious of the cause.

Every now and then a crackle noise like that suggests a poorly connected or damaged
speaker.

#4084 6 years ago
Quoted from dleasman:

I disagree that this is the speaker. For one, it's pretty clear form the audio clip that the sound comes from both the bottom and front speakers.
The type of sound that you are talking about is called "excursion", but this is clearly not that sound.
Sorry to disagree, but I am certain the speakers themselves are not the issue here.
I still think it's power related, or something on the sound board not properly regulating the power.

No, no, disagree all day long.
I just made a suggestion that's all.
Something to be checked and ruled out.
Pretty obvious you have more experience anyway.
I hope he solves his problem

1 month later
#4193 5 years ago

Iceland anyone?

... your opponent...Iceland!

#4198 5 years ago

They have a good team this year....tied Argentina in first game. They have a great chance to advance out of group play

Noted.
I was merely pointing out
the obscurity of Iceland being in the tournament.

#4199 5 years ago

And yes I also agree with you in that they do have a good team.
Hopefully the newcomers can make some serious noise!

#4202 5 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i believe they got out of the group stage last cup, unless that was just a euro tourney i'm thinking about. i forget.

Thinkin that was a Euro tourney as I do believe this is their first invitation to the WC.

#4206 5 years ago

How is Brazil not included? At the time of the 1994 World Cup, Brazil and Germany both had 3 Cups, with Germany being the defending champs. Brazil won in 1994, so I wouldn’t think they were exactly slouches. Thoughts?

You know, I never gave it much thought, but when you look at the list of potential opponents two things are very apparent:
There are no Spanish speaking countries and
the list is very top heavy with Western European nations.
Pandering to where the sales are I suppose.
That's typical but South Korea and Saudi Arabia instead of Brazil is a travesty at best.

1 week later
#4223 5 years ago

Looking for some better instruction cards for the apron. Anyone have pics of a cool set you have, with info on where to find them?

Might try pinball rebel.
They have cards for many machines including WCS.

#4231 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There’s a guy local to me that prints apron cards on thin metal. They are pretty slick. I’m pretty sure he’s done WCS before. If interested I can send contact info.

Yes,
post pics or info as soon as you can!

1 month later
#4313 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Yeah... this is the only detractor to the deal though... $2700... I offered $2400 and got shot down. Being told on another tread that was more than a fair offer... [quoted image]

Not surprising. WCS has definitely been on an upward trend. When I bought mine they were everywhere AND cheap!
Back then, say 5yrs ago, not uncommon to find one in excellent to mint condition for 2.5k. Actually got mine for for less and the seller dropped the price by 200 in order to make the sale!
Those days, it would seem, are L-O-N-G gone.

#4334 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Follow the instructions above. They explain it nicely. Pull the playfield towards you until you hear the “click”. Then rotate to the full up position and rest it on the back box.

Do yourself a favor and drape a towel over the backbox first.

2 weeks later
#4432 5 years ago

You're right, chrome legs look fantastic!
Where did you get them?
Thanks.

#4440 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

All black is the way to go imo. I’d like to get the legs and rails and lock bar all powdered the same black.

Cw, I have known you for a very long time here on Pinside, and I have agreed with you on virtually everything. BUT this time dude, the black legs look so very pedestrian, whereas the chrome, while matching the rails and the lock-down,
look sensational!
C'mon, seriously.
Maybe you need to see them side by side?

#4446 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I know I’m in the minority. I’ve yet to see a game with chrome on it that I like. Always looks out of place to me.

"To each his own" my friend.
And the great variety of options available to us in the pinball world make that statement a reality.

1 week later
#4488 5 years ago

and it's not "Spot"
it's Striker
another name for a forward
in football/soccer circles.
just an fyi

1 month later
#4546 5 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Finally in the club as of tonight!

You, my friend, get an
'atta boy!
Enjoy

#4567 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Added a topper today. Added leds and a flasher to go off when a goal is scored. I am really happy with the results.
[quoted image]

Post a video. Would really like to see that flasher in action.

#4571 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I tied the flasher in the topper to the red upper goal flasher. I also can switch off the gi and have only the flasher work.

One word: SA-weet!

Thanks for posting!

1 week later
#4587 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Had a snow day so I took advantage of it. More restoration for the cheap. Some frisket paper and an airbrush. Couldn’t be happier.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great Scoot!

#4603 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Absolutely loving this pin! Got to the other side today. Here is a before and after shot.

Scoot, Outstanding!
You need to come to MN
and do mine.
That looks fantastic!

#4611 5 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

someone say "brisket"? mmm.

I'd say somebody's hungry.

#4619 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Got to the front today. It’s not perfect but looks much better for sure.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

...there he goes again

#4621 5 years ago

Minnesota's beautiful in the wintertime Scoot.
...just sayin'

#4635 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I got these off of EBay the other day. I think it turned out nice.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ok Scoot now you're just showin' off.
Either that or you're outta' control...
or maybe both!

#4647 5 years ago

Also do not worry over the soccer ball noise.
They run loud. Believe it or not you do become accustomed to it over time.

1 week later
#4677 5 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

World Cup had a topper?

Yep, that was it, a series of national flags.
Rather low profile.

#4693 5 years ago

I've never been big on mods of any kind, but never really embraced the gold on the wireform, coin toss and legs either. That said, I think the yellow powdercoat looks sensational!
I am considering it myself.

1 week later
#4734 5 years ago

First off, the "disclaimer"
was a riot.
Secondly, topper looks pretty cool with the flags.
The trophy really does it!
Nice.

Gotta ask, where did you get the trophy anyway?

1 week later
#4761 5 years ago

Where do you get an LED
or an LCD display?
What do they set you back?

1 month later
#4857 5 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Unless I'm doing poor searching it looks like they've just got the pad and no decal, and the pad is the same price that Marco charges for the pad and the decal combined.
However, I got my test goalies from my print supplier yesterday. Direct printed on foamed PVC and CNC cut. They seem great! They've got the same amount of flex as the original rubber pad. Keen to find out how durable they are.
They work out to be less than a quarter of the price of buying a pad and decal from Marco. And when factoring shipping costs it's like 1/10th the price. So I'm happy!

Sooo....
fire up the factory and produce a hundred give or take, and make them available!

#4859 5 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

I’m not sure if I’d be allowed to sell them because the decal artwork is probably copyrighted?

Anybody offer some insight here?

3 weeks later
#4945 5 years ago
Quoted from PURPLEBAT:

I like to keep my games close to factory as possible, but to each his own, and the guys that like to experiment with some new upgades and mods is great to see and even steal an idea or two. For every failed abomination mod, there usually is great one.

Couldn't agree more.
That said, I really like the coin toss and the wire form done in yellow that matches the playfield.
Better than the original imo.

1 month later
#5079 4 years ago

Current pic of my game with some mods and “accessories”:
USA Foot Locker
Full-sized FIFA World Cup Trophy replica
Plastic Topper Strip
Official Adidas 1994 World Cup Soccer Ball
[quoted image]

What?
No Los Angeles final
ticket stub?

3 weeks later
#5108 4 years ago
Quoted from matiou:

Ok... found the problem!
The coin door, even closed, was not pushing the interlock switch far enough (slightly bent bracket)... So no high voltage was going to the coils! When I was in test mode, I had the door open and the interlock was blocked using the yellow thing, that's why everything was working fine! Yes, so happy! And a zero cost solution, even better
Thanks to all who replied!

Straight up...'atta boy!

2 months later
#5223 4 years ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Does everyone consider WCS a fast or long ball time?

Once you get the timing down and learn the shots, you should be able to keep the ball in play and achieve some rather long ball times.
Outlanes are prime for nudging.
Enjoy

1 week later
#5251 4 years ago

?:
Is there supposed to be a lock washer and nut on the screw on the back of the goalie.

#5254 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

That is what is on Mine.

Thanks!
Yeah I was wondering cause the screw on mine came loose the other day.

#5258 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think those make the game play crappy. Never been a fan.

Why is that cw?
Does it slow things down
or...?

#5260 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just plays weird. Hard to nail down one thing. Just don’t like the feel. Similar to why some don’t like super bands or titans.
Also I’ve seen these develop lots of dirt underneath after a lot of plays.

Gotcha
Thinkin' I'd probably prefer the original as well and as usual. Thanks.

2 months later
#5365 4 years ago
Quoted from Nickson:

I just joined the club

'Atta boy, now enjoy!

4 weeks later
#5447 4 years ago
Quoted from matiou:

On the left... My goalie, tired after 20 years of being shot by steel balls. On the right the replacement decal sold by Marco for $8.99...
Colors are off (don't match at all the other plastics around), picture is not as sharp, image is mirrored... I'm a bit disappointed![quoted image]

Understand your disappointment.
Not a very good replacement is it.

1 month later
#5509 4 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

Does anybody have nice apron cards for the WCS94? So far I found those. They are nice, but maybe there even better ones out there. Pinballcards.com doesn´t have WCS94, unfortunately.

Try
Pinball Rebel

1 week later
#5520 4 years ago

I could be wrong but it looks like the metal goalie is more narrow than the original thus exposing more of the net and making goals easier.

As if goal tenders don't have enough to worry about.

#5529 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I’d be worried the metal gets all bent up and shredded over time.

Time will tell.
Does look good though.

3 months later
#5762 3 years ago
Quoted from ULEKstore:

My Goalie decal/plastic broke as well during quarantine. I cut out a new plastic backing using clear PETG plastic (to keep it from breaking again) and made myself a new goalie design (for the fun of it).

HA!
Was NOT expecting that. Hilarious. And yes, I actually did lol.
Now then, make me one, make me one - how much!?!

2 weeks later
#5803 3 years ago

Nice one. Game looks pretty clean.
Congrats on picking up one of the
funnest games ever made!

3 weeks later
#5838 3 years ago

Yep they're loud alright.
Here's what you can do to
"condition" yourself:
Slide the glass down, start a game, and listen to that thing for 5 minutes. Then slide it back up and well, it's amazing how quiet it is now.
When the effect begins to fade simply repeat.
Works I promise.

#5852 3 years ago

Good morning all.
Refresh my memory. How many balls are in this game?
Can't remember.
Thanks.

#5854 3 years ago

Yep thanks.
That's what I thought.
Putting in a new batch soon.

2 months later
#5978 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

One time I sent the ball around the left orbit to activate Los Angeles and when it came back down on the right side, it bounced off the left slingshot and directly into the Final Draw slot to start wizard mode for me.
That was my favorite, very specific, shot

Ha!
Now do it again!
Until it can be repeated it is
nothing more than a fortunate bounce.

#5982 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Well done! One question
Why does your game give out so many EBs?

Read his description again.
The first one was during tv mode
"Extra Ball Round."
The next is a high score reward
instead of a free game I'm assuming.
Once you travel to Washington another
extra ball is available in the hideout.
All legit.

4 weeks later
#6045 3 years ago
Quoted from DBUM:

Does anyone have a list of the bulbs needed and or flashers list somewhere. I just want to know how many flashers and lamps of each socket type and possibly location

You could do what I did and print the manual off of ipbd

3 weeks later
#6117 3 years ago

Love that one.
Fun, pure fun.

3 weeks later
#6220 3 years ago

You do nice work SilverUnicorn.
Can I send you mine?

#6236 3 years ago

Gotta' ask SilverUnicorn,
Where was that thing stored?
Such fine, dark dust makes me curious.

2 months later
#6426 3 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

This keeps happening and it's driving me crazy! Had to snip off part of the rubber.
[quoted image]

Yep, adjust your apron.
It ain't quite right.

#6458 3 years ago

Mattyk
Where did you get the side art?
Can't remember ever seeing that style before.

#6463 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

It was already installed when I got it. I really like the design

I had a feeling you were going to say that.
Thanks anyway.

1 month later
#6616 3 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Thought I saw some metal rings that went in the saucer somewhere. Anyone know where to get those? Would be a lot easier to install than a cliffy.

You're right. They were alot cheaper too.
I thought Marco had them but not seeing them now.

2 months later
#6847 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I think I win some sort of award.
[quoted image]

Ha! And just what would we call this award?
The: "I can't believe it!" Award or perhaps
The: "Are you kidding me" Award

4 months later
#7013 2 years ago

Might a broken weld be causing the problem?

#7022 2 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Anyone know of any custom soccer pinballs for this game. Would be awesome to have a white an black pinball looking like a soccer ball

That would be pretty cool.
Never seen nor heard of any though.

#7024 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

This guys does custom balls but for some reason doesn't do WCS94. Maybe we can get a run done, I would be in for a full set.
https://backalleycreations.com/collections/black-pearl-pinball-balls

Depending on price, yeah I might be interested.

1 week later
#7044 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:Starting to contemplate getting into the pinball game but I just don't know if I can justify the prices of them. World Cup 94 was the one that I always played a ton when I was a kid however I haven't played one in at least 20 years. I would like to play one a little bit if I can find one around me to see if it's something I would still really enjoy or not.
Does anyone know of a place near Rockville, MD that has one to play?
I went to the MOM's in College Park a little while ago like a month after my buddy had went there and they had WC94, but when I went there, they must have switched out some of the pins because they didn't have it anymore.
If this isn't the right place for this just let me know too. This is my first post here.

Have you tried PInballmap.com?
I found Crabtowne USA in Glen Burnie, MD
It says that they have one.

#7050 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Well I went to Crabtowne USA yesterday and with unlucky timing, it was closed with a sign on the door stating they will be closed from October 2nd to October 10th for a vacation.
So looks like I'll have to wait a bit more to try it out.

Tragic!
Well let's hope the old saying
"good things come to those who wait" holds true.

1 week later
#7070 2 years ago
Quoted from outlanewiz:

I also have a question for you experts. I just realized that my game is missing the rebound wireforms that sit underneath both of the flippers. The playfield just has holes where those are supposed to be. It looks like I can get the part from Marco, but do those just slot into the playfield or do they have to be screwed/glued on?
Also, any perspective on whether it's better to have them or leave them off and why?

I would install them as every once in
awhile they will help save a ball.
Just a spot of glue and tap down
with a light weight hammer.
Good to go.

2 months later
#7166 2 years ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

Just joined the club!

Congrats!
Quite possibly THE funnest pin on the planet.
Enjoy

4 months later
#7423 1 year ago
Quoted from Toine79:

Finally ready to play after 3 months of work.
New ramps, new plastics, new Titan rubbers, new lockbar and siderails, new coindoor, new colordmd
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

...so...ah, what's new?

2 months later
#7524 1 year ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

9+ years after initially wanting to join the club, I’m finally in!
What a great, great game that I’m really happy to have in my collection.

Congrats!
Not known for its depth but for pure fun
I would certainly agree with you, it is a great game!
Enjoy

5 months later
#7827 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

You mean a decade ago. Congrats on the pickup

Yep, got mine for 2250 Dec 2013, nine years ago this month.
Enjoy

3 months later
#8062 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:So looks like I am missing this plastic as well does this exist anywhere on its own?[quoted image]

Found one on ebay awhile back.

2 months later
#8186 9 months ago
Quoted from Nintegageo:

This definitely sounds as though you removed the wrong plastic circle. I did the same thing. I hope my instructions help

Quoted from Nintegageo:

Sirgubster9 just go slow with removing the clear circle with the adhesive so that the decals stay stuck to the one without it. And show the awesome results

Quoted from Sirgubster9:

i still dont really understand but Im hoping once i see the product it all makes sense.

See Post #7795
Mr_Tantrums instructions.

2 weeks later
#8224 9 months ago
Quoted from superNoid:

Hey guys, question. Is there a tool or easier way to remove the pop bumper on the back-most pop bumper ... without removing the ramps and upper section above it? As it stands, the screw holes are covered by the ramps and I need to swap the bulbs for LEDs. Trying to avoid taking everything off.
If I need to take off ramps etc.. anyone have a video or quick guide on the simplest way to do this?
[quoted image]

Yep
You make one of these nifty little things:
A nice little homemade right angle screwdriver.
Worked for me.

1690570351784299640497 (resized).jpg1690570351784299640497 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#8268 8 months ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

Anyone know where I can find this single piece of plastic (i.e. not in a set)? I believe it’s the protector that goes over the lower right pop bumper to prevent balls from getting stuck in there. It’s pretty much the only place balls get stuck now.
Even the part number would be helpful! [quoted image]

This # from ebay:
31-1925-4-SP
There is one for sale on there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 180.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rollitover.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome?tu=rollitover and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.