(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider practicalsteve.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#621 10 years ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

can't figure out where this clear plastic goes...left ramp ,near diverter?

Looking good Willie!

1 week later
#671 10 years ago

I'm as honest a guy as they come... but there is no way I would pay for that auction, better to just take the negative feedback. If there were multiple bidders he can relist it and still make money, sounds fishy anyways..

#691 10 years ago

Seriously, the guy should feel bad for even asking for that much when he knows full well there are ramps out there for $60.

2 months later
#977 9 years ago

Just joined the club! Bought Pinwillies WCS94 at PAGG this weekend and it is the nicest one I have ever seen!

If I have but one disappointment its that I did not realize how loud the ball is when you have it in a small room in your home and not playing it on location. Waiting to hear back from him if he lubed the gearbox and motor yet, if not I will try that. I also might try using the cork tape someone mentioned on page one of this thread. Anyone else done anything to quiet their ball a bit? Anyone disabled the ball altogether? I did not see anything in the adjustment menus that lets you do that. I know that's blasphemy, but may be an option.

#981 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

I lubed my brand new gearbox. Easy (of course mine was already off since it was new), but didn't do much to quiet it. Now I have to go back to page one and look up this cork option.

I was looking at new motors on marcos website today, but hearing you say that make me think twice.

This was the tip I saw about the tape quoted from page 2 "I wrapped my gearbox in cork insulation tape. I did this while it was removed from the playfield.
The tape is black and self sticking. I made a huge ball a round the gearbox and some of the motor.
I quieted it down some."

sounds like it could work, thats all the info there was though and its from almost a year ago.

#982 9 years ago

I just got my WCS so I haven't taken a real close look at the motor yet, but if someone wrapped it in a big ball of tape, couldn't you get some foam and wrap it around the the motor, then wrap in tape? that way at least you are not putting sticky tape directly on the motor. How hot does the motor get? Just spitballing ideas.

#984 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

Never actually tested how hot it gets. That's a very good question. Will test it out tomorrow morning when I get off work. I'll let it run 30 minutes or so after pressing start. I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that mine is going to be loud. I know for a fact that they are not all like that as I've played a bunch of them. Might have to investigate my friends closer the next time I go over there and see if there are any differences.

let me know your results, I played it more tonight and already I am noticing it less, I think it was just so new to me that I really noticed it.

#989 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

Results: Turned on the game and started the ball spinning (pressed start) at about 7:45A. Played GTA5 with co-workers and forgot about it til 10:00A. Motor was warm. No where near hot. As an industrial electrician who works with all kinds of motors daily, I would say you could safely wrap this motor and gearbox up with just about anything to see if it helps. If it does, than I would check motor temp again after a long session of playing (not taped to the motor as you suggested, for easy removal). If it doesn't help with noise, I would remove it and check temp of motor after a long session of playing and possibly look for one more alternative of wrapping it with. Having no exact (or even near) knowledge of this motor's heat tolerance is the reason for checking either way. Still, I fully believe wrapping it and testing would not cause any harsh wear in the short term. I will grab some mastic(SP?) pads from work next week and try those.

Nice! Thanks for getting back to me. Great results and nice to know you are an industrial technician so you have some prior knowledge. I am going to look into this and test some stuff out, but may take me a couple of weeks to report back, but I will. I am thinking some kind of foam, something used in the recording industry for sound and maybe just wrap it and use zip ties, still need to open it up and really look at the motor, but since I have only had it a few days any free time has been spent playing it.

#991 9 years ago
Quoted from Zzap:

I wonder if there's enough room to encase it in some kind of box? To fully stop the sound reverberating through the cabinet?

I thought about that too, hate the thought of drilling holes in a playfield, but may be an option.

2 weeks later
#1024 9 years ago

Got to the world cup multiball for the first time last night and that is one exciting multiball! This game is staying for quite a while, that was such an adrenaline rush! I love the way the flippers die at the end, such a great touch!

#1030 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

I tend to only plunge three balls at a time, otherwise they're just getting in the way of each other.

Yeah I will try that next time, I was so excited I just kept plunging them. It was so fast I was not paying attention. During the game against Germany, is the goal always lit or do you need to shoot a ramp to relight it like in regular multiball?

#1035 9 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

My question is this. It is about gameplay.
I have never had more than 1 ball locked in the mini side left playfield. Is it even possible to lock more than one ball there?

I believe thats there for a two (or more) player game. So if you lock the ball as player one it stays there, and if player two locks a ball behind it, the first one drops down instead of a new ball going to the shooter lane, and it catches the second one in a sense creating a new locked ball.

1 week later
#1064 9 years ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

Your welcome ! just doing my part to pay it forward.

This guy... one of the best in the hobby.

1 month later
#1167 9 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

I THINK it was Tim Kitzrow, who also did voiceover for NBA Jam and NFL Blitz?

Damn, I swore it was the guy who did the announcing on SNL. Been telling my guests the wrong info.

1 month later
#1238 9 years ago

Ok guys, have a small issue with mine I recently noticed.

Sometimes, but not always, as shot to the goal is awarding the Striker award. Any tips on what I should look at first?

This machine was SUPER clean when I got it (huge props to pinwillie!), the nicest I have ever seen. Because of that I have not done much tinkering on it and haven't looked under the playfield too closely.

#1240 9 years ago

Ahhhhhh that would be great news as it means I don't need to fix it. I will monitor it more closely.

#1245 9 years ago
Quoted from Pacer:

More accurately, I think the first shot on goal when "Goal" isn't lit will award a Striker Award. Also, if the opto between the goal trough and the striker hole isn't functioning properly, the ball will trigger the striker hole optos without triggering the goal opto and goals won't be counted, but will register as Striker Awards.
So, depending on exactly how it is happening, it could be proper or a fault.

Thanks for the further clarification, I was the one who wondered if I had a problem.

I plan to go home and pay further attention, didn't realize that the goal was supposed to award "striker" at all. Like I said it only happens sometimes, and since I play multiple games in a row usually, I probably haven't paid close enough attention that there is a good chance that it happens once per game as designed.

I will say that the goal is scored every time when lit, and when it's not lit I get the correct video on the DMD and I have no problems with that.

#1251 9 years ago
Quoted from Manhattan:

From my experience, it's the FIRST Striker award that is awarded through the goal after you have scored your first goal. Subsequent Striker awards can only be achieved through the hideout. In fact, any time I start a game the first two shots I make are to the goal. The first to score a goal (actually I shoot it just to stop the ball from spinning) and the second to get the Striker award.

Excellent further clarification. I didn't have time to look at mine last night, but plan on doing so this weekend.

Quoted from Manhattan:

There is another Striker quirk... If you haven't had your first multiball, Striker will always award a multiball when Hideout is lit during ball three. This is important since Hideout is so much easier to hit than the Final Draw scoop.

Also didn't know this and wondered about it. But I figured in this case it was built into the software, but great to firmly know why it happens. I am usually good enough to get multiball before ball three so it seldom happens when I play, but that will be great to point out to guests that come over and are not as good a player as me.

#1253 9 years ago
Quoted from Zzap:

From the manual, the setting for this is A.2 07:

A.2 07 Striker Award Goals
This determines whether the unlit Goal will give Striker Awards (when Goal is unlit and Striker is
lit).
No Don't give Striker Award from the Goal.
Yes Give Striker Awards from unlit Goal.
1st Award - Give only the 1st Striker Award from unlit Goal.

And there you have it. After playing last night I was able to see that my machine is behaving 100% normally.

Thanks everyone!

1 week later
#1321 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Anyone have tips on how to remove the apron?

is it different than other games? Is this your first? I can look at mine later but on every apron I have ever removed you want to lift the playfield up a little (maybe put a rolled up rag between it and the cabinet) and you will see two screws right on the edge of the playfield. Then you need to push the apron up toward the backbox, there are two little tabs on the apron that are under brackets. look in the attached picture to the left, above the cross hairs on the playfield, thats one of the metal brackets that the apron tabs are under.

apron_removed.jpgapron_removed.jpg
4 weeks later
#1357 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Can you buy a white ring anywhere without having to buy a whole kit + pay shipping?

Dont all the suppliers let you buy rings separately? I dont think I have ever bought a kit. I think you are out of luck as far as going down to the local hardware store to get a rubber ring.

Quoted from nicoga3000:

Also, the dome flasher on top of the goalie...I have no idea what hole the wires go through on the playfield. Anyone able to give me some insight/take a pic of where their wire goes under the playfield at?

If no one answers I will take a look later when I can.

2 weeks later
#1406 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Fair enough.
That said, I have finally fixed my game to 100%. Time to start playing!

Great, now say what it was in case others have the same problem later and they come looking in this thread.

1 week later
#1452 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Wondering if anyone else experiences stuck balls around the spinner and left ramp area?
We have a WCS on location and lately it seems there have been a rash of balls getting stuck in the spinner area (above and to the side of the spinner support bracket). I am not sure if the game is missing some sort of clear plastic protector in this area or if this is just a common issue.
I think the ball is getting spun/launched off of the spinning soccer ball and ocassionally just gets an odd bounce.
Any other WCS owners have a similar experience. I can take a photo to show where it is getting stuck the next time I am in at the bar.

I also have never gotten a ball stuck there.

4 months later
#1668 8 years ago

forgive me if this was covered in the 33 other pages.

I plan on taking my WCS to a show in a few weeks and I have a concern. Whenever I have guests over it bugs me if someone stops playing mid game and the soccer ball just spins endlessly. At home though I can pop open the door and reset the game, wont be able to do that at a show. Is this potentially damaging or should I not worry? Is there a way to put it on a timer so if no switches get hit it turns off?

Also, how do you remove the extra ball button mech? mine is sticking and I need to take it apart and trouble shoot it.

#1672 8 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

I am not sure how much strain this would put on the motor anyway. I assume it is rated for that sort of operation. These things were built to make money and break as little as possible while doing it.

And honestly I know that, and know how silly that sounded. Hell, I BOUGHT the damn game after it had been at the same show all weekend last year with the ball spinning like crazy. Its just my baby, by far the nicest pin I have ever owned.

Quoted from Syco54645:

As far as the extra ball mech there is a nut on the back, unscrew it from inside of the cab and clean it.

Will take another look, I looked at that damn thing for half an hour a couple weeks ago and couldnt figure out for the life of me what the hell unscrewed on that.

#1676 8 years ago

The score cards on mine are nice, probably from pinball rebel, will have to ask my friend and get back to you all.

#1678 8 years ago

My buddy confirmed mine are from there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 16.00
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider practicalsteve.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome?tu=practicalsteve and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.