(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5,181 posts
  • 490 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Gogojohnnyquack
  • Topic is favorited by 172 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,165 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

WCSafter6 (resized).jpg
WCSafter1 (resized).jpg
WCSafter3 (resized).jpg
WCSafter2 (resized).jpg
73E5C6E2-C464-4508-908D-83380597D086 (resized).jpeg
WCS94.II (resized).jpg
IMG_6008 (resized).jpg
B9C098D0-EEA4-4810-BA2F-1E7D9A6BC0FD (resized).jpeg
6E1CE858-6E30-4AC3-9742-93F4BDD7DF78 (resized).jpeg
614F2D19-F078-47B8-8CCC-7C6B86296094 (resized).jpeg
F7CB392D-C2F4-4E1C-A801-E04C5633614A (resized).jpeg
bally_wcs_goalie_assy_03.jpg
bally_wcs_goalie_assy_02.jpg
bally_wcs_goalie_assy_01.jpg
B14CA501-5038-4E1B-9FD2-AC46E096F454 (resized).jpeg
15601944042976428825308409812008 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinlynx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1111 5 years ago
Quoted from rockotaco1:

Anyone know where I can buy the left ramp? Mine is cracked, it's always bugged me. It's the ramp that sits on top of the ball lock magnet. Thanks.

I believe Pinball Inc will be running WCS ramps next. If you can't find any NOS ramps anywhere, you may want to wait. James' ramps are usually better (thicker\clearer) than the originals.

1 month later
#1158 4 years ago
Quoted from JLou04:

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know who did the voiceover for WCS? Is it someone notable (an actual sports announcer, etc), or just some guy who recorded some lines for a pinball game 20 years ago?

I'd like to know this too. Some of the callouts sound like JP Dellacamera to me, but I have no idea how to confirm.

1 week later
#1189 4 years ago
Quoted from TateCenter:

I am having a problem with the diverter arm.

How does the hole for the diverter shaft in the ramp look? My ramp is pretty blown out there and the diverter acts all kinds of weird. I'm eagerly awaiting PBI's run of ramps.

3 weeks later
#1216 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

What sort of legal "stuff" surrounds making repro plastics to sell? I've been thinking of doing some, but I don't want to get into any trouble...

You have to show Rick @ Planetary that you are capable of paying him a chunk of your revenue in order to have the honor of being granted a license to the B\W art. If there is an additional licensee (for non-original themes), then you have to work that out too. I'd imagine someone (US Soccer?) still owns a copyright on the World Cup '94 flag logo as well as Striker (the dog). The rest of the art is probably still owned by B\W and, thus, licensed through Rick.

In this case though, I'm guessing CPR still has the license and artwork. They've been rumored to have a WCS rerun in their pipeline for quite a while. I'd guess that CPR will release plastics about the same time Pinball Inc releases WCS ramps.

1 week later
#1228 4 years ago

The ball is available at Marco for $50.
Plastics are nearly impossible to find (CPR is rumored to be rerunning them)
Ramps are in the pipeline @ Pinball Inc as one of their last five games before Starship takes over.

I've spent ~$300 so far on plastics (yeah, I actually found a set from the first CPR run), ball, a used apron and shooter gauge, and replacements for nearly any other plastic\rubber piece on the playfield (pop caps, lane guides, star posts, eject shields, light domes, etc.) I'm waiting for ramps to start my shop job.

I went a bit overboard and could have settled on keeping it as a "players" game and just spent some money on a new spinning ball and repaired my current ramps. That and normal shop out stuff (rubber, balls, etc) would easily be under $100.

3 months later
#1516 4 years ago

I'm not sure if this has been posted here, but if you tick the WCS box on this site (http://www.moll.no/pinball/parts/index.php) and then click search, you get the full BOM for WCS. Between the manual and that list, I've been able to figure out some part numbers and replacements for screws\posts\etc.

5 months later
#1792 4 years ago
Quoted from VegasMike:

Shopping my WCS. Am I missing some switches in the 'travel' lane on the right?

Nope, I thought the same thing, but nothing actually goes there.

1 week later
#1816 4 years ago
Quoted from louvnj:

Does anyone know if reproduction ramps got made, or any status update? Last thread I could find from a year ago indicated that would be made, and I seem to remember it being mentioned that the stickers would be provided with the ramps.

In the Bad Cats ramp thread a representative from Starship mentioned (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-scoop-on-bad-cats-ramps#post-2565943):

"All of the ramps and parts for Bad Cats are at their respective manufacturers. I continue to be amazed at how many things can go wrong and delay the production of ramps. I have underestimated time in all my guesses and I'm getting a little gun shy cause I get upset when I don't keep my word. We are still waiting for the first set of ramps to be done and then the fitting process starts. Cyclone Ferris wheel is next then WCS."

7 months later
#2177 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

As for *usefulness*.. well.. I've never, ever used it.

This is pretty much spot on... for me, the only situations MagnaSave is useful are a slow motion center drain or controlling a failed flipper pass.

Fast drains just whiz on by as if the magnet doesn't exist.

3 weeks later
#2217 3 years ago
Quoted from jsyjay:

Is there anywhere you can get a complete set of replacement ramps?
Only place I've found the main and right ramp is Pinball Spare Parts in Aus...

Ramps have been "coming soon" for quite a while. But I actually believe that to be true now. Larry at Starship should (hopefully) have them ready to go in the not so distant future.

4 months later
#2739 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Are there replacements available? Thanks!

WCS ramps are supposedly one of the next set of ramps to be run by Starship Fantasy. I've been waiting patiently for quite some time. Hoping that they'll be done soon.

#2741 2 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Great news if true. All I need is the upper left large ramp and they can have my money right now lol.

To be fair, that's been the story for at least a year now.

1 year later
#3389 1 year ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Anyone have a spare big ramp?
The entrance is on the right side of PF and wraps around to mini pf.
A-18009 is the part number

These seem like unobtanium. I know Larry at Starship has been saying WCS94 ramps are next. But it's been "next" for quite some time. Here's hoping they show up soon.

1 year later
#4526 8 months ago

Finally finished shopping out my WCS94. Here's a small little mod that I made to pretty up the ramp junction.

MVIMG_20181031_164732 (resized).jpg
#4543 8 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Are you producing any more of these? I’d be keen for one cheers

I made those a few years ago and just now got around to installing it, but I'll see if I can track down the STL file and send it to you. It'd likely be cheaper to have them etched and cut in Australia than for me to ship you an extra. I used 1mm PETG and had to double up the plastics to get a strong enough connection.

2 weeks later
#4597 8 months ago

I'm having a problem with balls getting wedged between the soccer ball and the ramp. From looking at the pictures in the topic gallery, it looks like there should be a guide attached to the ramp to prevent this. Attached picture shows the holes where the guide should go.

Does anyone have a picture of the part I'm looking for? Or, even better, does someone have an extra they'd be willing to part with?

15426730022667045130590268364934 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#4818 5 months ago
Quoted from ChrisThePintern:

Anyone have any good recommendations on how to drill out rivets on the ramps, ticket takes, and right slight shot plastic? I was gonna get everything replaced or powder coated.

Ideally a drill press to the underside of the rivet. Use a light touch until the rivet pops loose.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aliso Viejo, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 47.00
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinlynx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside