(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pacer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 10 years ago

Dewsho,

The travel of the goalie is controlled by an opto. Something is triggering the opto on the left. There is a wire on the back of the goalie that registers goalie hits. If the wire isn't placed in its track along the back properly, it hangs down and can prematurely trigger the opto. Check that.

4 weeks later
#76 10 years ago

Regarding the whistle going off, are you sure it is the whistle and not a "boing" (hardly exact, I know). The goalie switch can often get held shut, and the moving of the goalie causes the switch to register.

#77 10 years ago

Regarding the missing spring, I'm not positive that there is a spring that pulls down. I believe the gate is supposed to be normally up. Another possibility is the left orbit switch not registering. I believe that if that switch doesn't register, then the gate isn't pulled down to stop it from continuing the orbit.

Are you able to shoot the left orbit and advance cities?

1 month later
#250 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

My goalie has a similar problem, but it is the other direction

This is often caused by the wire for the goalie "hit" switch not being properly seated within its guide as it goes down the back of the goalie. This allows the wire to become separated from the post that it rides down. The wire then trips the opto that indicates the end of the side-to-side goalie movement stroke and causes the motor to reverse prematurely. There are little raised dots that define the wire path in the moving post. Make sure your wire is seated in that vertical track.

#252 10 years ago

Look down the back of the goalie as it moves side to side. If the wire separates from the moving post to hang down vertically, then you likely have the problem I described.

In sum, something is likely tripping the opto prematurely to tell the controller that the goalie is at the end of its travel.

#255 10 years ago

I'd generally check out the optos. The optos control when the motor is told to reverse direction.

6 months later
#575 10 years ago

The goalie plastic is supposed to be rubbery and supple. It dries out and hardens over the years. If you try and straighten it, you may just crack it in half. You might try to warm it up a bit and then put something heavy on it.. but who knows. Best bet is to buy a replacement backing plastic and decal.

3 weeks later
#617 10 years ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

can't figure out where this clear plastic goes...left ramp ,near diverter?

Yes. covers the ramp, cutout goes rearward. there should be matching holes in the ramp.

1 week later
#706 10 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

The question is, is the closure of that diverter just gravity? Mine doesn't seem to close even though the solenoid is off.

There should be a spring. Also, sometimes the diverter doesn't return to the left if the rod is bound up by contact with the ramps that it passes through. Mis-alignment of the ramp holes will bind the rod. You can typically check to see if it is a binding issue by lightly pushing up or down on the diverter arm and see if it then starts to pull itself back left.

3 weeks later
#764 10 years ago

Those are standard post rubbers. take your pick, marco, everywhere (cliffy if you want colors).

1 week later
#773 10 years ago

Spinner awards travel, but I think only the rollover triggers the one-way gate to open such that the ball isn't stopped over the pop-bumper lanes.

2 weeks later
#849 10 years ago

Being pedantic... you said you detached all the screws... the goalposts are threaded and extend under the playfield, nuts need to be removed therefrom to remove the goal posts..... (seems obvious, just making sure).

1 month later
#972 9 years ago
Quoted from nighttaco:

Any idea where I can get a replacement plastic cap for the coin toss button? I can't seem to find the part....

Can you describe it a different way? I have no idea what you are talking about. There is a plastic attached to the right ramp that has "coin toss" printed on it, but I don't know what you mean by a coin toss button.

2 weeks later
#1022 9 years ago

Stuck diverter is often due to rubbing against the ramps as the rod passes through them. So, if your coil sleeve doesn't do the trick, take a look at the alignment of the ramps.

3 months later
#1244 9 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

I was told that the first shot on goal will also award striker. Believe it was in this thread. If true then that is how the game should play.

More accurately, I think the first shot on goal when "Goal" isn't lit will award a Striker Award. Also, if the opto between the goal trough and the striker hole isn't functioning properly, the ball will trigger the striker hole optos without triggering the goal opto and goals won't be counted, but will register as Striker Awards.

So, depending on exactly how it is happening, it could be proper or a fault.

2 weeks later
#1338 9 years ago

Pull the glass... hit the switches... for science!

3 weeks later
#1364 9 years ago

That looks right... it keeps balls from getting stuck between that plastic and the ramp. Many such items that seem to have no purpose are there to prevent balls from getting stuck in place. Stuck balls = broken game and no revenue/service call for an operator.

6 months later
#1707 8 years ago

Yeah, I think your yoke is actually on upside down.. it works just fine I suppose, but it makes it tougher to get access to the set screw.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 16.00
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pacer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome?tu=pacer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.