(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nerdygrrl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7548 1 year ago

Howdy Everyone,

After a long time searching I finally found a WCS for a friend of mine. I am about to start the tear down process, I have done plenty of machines before, but figured I would ask here to see if there is anything I should be aware of/cautious with? I don't have a ton of familiarity with this game so I figured asking the experts made sense.

#7551 1 year ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

I don't know if I'm "the expert" or not, but I just did a complete topside teardown on mine.
Take a LOT of photos as you go. This is a tough machine to tear down (Demo Man is the only one I've done that was harder). There are screw on spacers on top of posts, different types of posts in locations that don't make obvious sense, etc. I ended up having to remove the top level ramp, the mini playfield, and a bunch of other stuff a second time to fix things that were incorrect the first time...

Oh man, Demo Man. What a nightmare that PF is. Thanks for the tips.

1 week later
#7553 1 year ago

Hi Everyone, I am about to start the tear down process on the WCS I grabbed for my friend. What I told was chipped inserts is actually lifting insert decals. If I try to wax this thing they all rip right off.

Does anybody have a wall hanger that they may want to part with? I can send this one along when I am done plus some cash or something. My friend doesn't have the $$ for a repro and I just want to make sure he gets a game that he can play without inserts disintegrating.

#7555 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

Can you lay mylar over the lifting spots?

I'm not sure, I have never done that before. I had been thinking about buying Kruzman's kit and "gluing" them, but this may make more sense. Maybe just get a PF protector. It's just going to be hard to clean with the way the inserts are lifting.
295996219_757271502268398_338141332704358504_n (resized).jpg295996219_757271502268398_338141332704358504_n (resized).jpg

1 month later
#7612 1 year ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

What did you end up doing? I have a deep chip on an insert. Thinking of filling it with epoxy and painting.

I still haven't started this. I think that I am going to get the fix it kit from Kruzman and then install mylar over it.

2 weeks later
#7657 1 year ago

Has anybody installed the Mantis hole protectors on their machine and if so what are your thoughts on them?

https://mantispinball.com/product/world-cup-soccer-protector-set/

#7670 1 year ago

Random question, what have y'all used to clean the gold pieces on this machine? I wasn't sure if Flitz and regular metal polish were the right way to go or not.

#7673 1 year ago
Quoted from TonyVrd:

I use Blue Magic Metal Polish Cream. Glad I bought and tried this before exchanging/buying a skill shot ramp from pinball plating. The part on my machine looked dull and rusted and after using the polish it looked practically brand new and had a high shine to it.

Thank you!

Quoted from scootss:

Did that work well on the legs, too?

It should, it's the same finish.

#7674 1 year ago

If any of you wouldn't mind snapping a pic of your J120, 121, and 123/124 connectors on your driver board I would greatly appreciate it. The wiring on the game I am working on has been hacked, spliced, replaced and is a mess and I want to make sure everything is as it should be. Then again I guess I could check the schematics, but I am pretty terrible with those.

I checked my schematics and the colors and positions noted do not line up with what is in this machine.

#7677 1 year ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Believe all those are G.I.

They are in fact GI. I do better with visuals, but will look up the manual in a bit. I am working with some "special" repairs here.

1 week later
#7727 1 year ago

I just wanted to verify that both flippers are supposed to be the blue FL11629's as I have a red FL11630 in there. I figured it was swamped in for convenience, and just wanted to make sure it wasn't a bulletin thing.

I know the manual calls for two Blues, but I have also learned the manuals aren't always correct.

#7743 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

Unfortunley the company that ships internationally that Marco uses have a problem and the package never live usa... it always return back to Marcos...
I ordered two times, two times went back to Marco ( still i appreciate Marco since they refund me each time , so for now am avoiding buying on Marcos just to not make Marcos spend shipping costs for no reason ), i think the company have an automated system that doesn't read my full adress, and always return back the item to Marco, it's the only company in the USA that i have a problem with, unfortunately...
When i buy things from other people on the USA i sometimes buy from Marco and send it to that person living in the USA, and then that person send to me, but i don't like to bother people with this

I'm not sure what shipping company Marco is using. There should be very few issues shipping to France. I have a small shipping company that uses USPS as well as an international mail forwarding service and would be happy to reship one for you. The other option would be to seek out a mail forwarding service.

My company ships all over Europe, etc using USPS and the only real countries that we have issues with are Spain and Italy.

#7746 1 year ago

HI Y'all,

I am having some weird issues with my lamp board 28. The only thing that I can think of is that these lamps are a higher voltage rating, but the manual doesn't indicate that. It does however confuse lamp bard 28 with 30. Any thoughts?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weird-problems-with-lamp-board-28-in-world-cup-soccer

1 week later
#7750 1 year ago

NVM found it on my phone pics.

I can't believe I did this, I have looked through all of my photos and have no idea where this piece goes. Does anybody have any ideas?
0-1 (resized).jpeg0-1 (resized).jpeg0-2 (resized).jpeg0-2 (resized).jpeg

3 weeks later
#7766 1 year ago
Quoted from Andypc:

Do anyone have any photo's of the coin toss disassembled? The bottom part of my coin toss has become completely loss and is stopping the ball. I need to see how it is supposed to be held in place or if a spot weld has failed?

I'm not sure if these can be of help or not.

0 (resized).jpeg0 (resized).jpeg0-1 (resized).jpeg0-1 (resized).jpeg0-2 (resized).jpeg0-2 (resized).jpeg
#7770 1 year ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

Strange things...
Switch 76 & 77 give error at startup. In switch edges test they react when a ball passes by... on / off in matrix and last activated switch
When a ball locks it's immediately released by the upkicker going down (and up again)...
Playing multiball not possible... ideas?

They are located on the same switch column. Maybe something broken up the line. I would check the rest of the switches in that column and make sure everything is connected properly.

#7772 1 year ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

That's exactly the strange thing...75 and 78 are working fine... and the fact they (76-77) are responding in switch edges test makes it if even more mysterious...

I had something like this happen when I put my PF back together, it was a broken wire on the line. If you haven't done so already check the actual wiring on the switches.

#7778 1 year ago
Quoted from Andypc:

Thanks Nerdygrrl for post the pictures of the coin toss.[quoted image]
The piece of metal I have drawn round has dropped down on mine. It's stopping the ball when it is plunged. Does anyone know how it is secured? Has a spot weld failed or was it just not secured in properly?

It looks like on one end there is a fold tab, the rest may just be spot welded?

0 5.18.19 PM (resized).jpeg0 5.18.19 PM (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1,159.00
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 180.00
$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nerdygrrl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome?tu=nerdygrrl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.