(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mixmastapj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3051 7 years ago

I just picked up a WCS today!

Having a little minor trough issue, which I know is very common on this machine, but when it detects the trough issue in game, it immediately shuts down, and reboots. Is this normal? Previous owner just replaced the trough opto boards, we fiddled a little bit with some wires and had it working 100% before I moved it. Where should I go looking first?

#3053 7 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Make sure all the ribbon cables are sitting properly. Use electronics cleaner and spray them and let it dry for a minute before putting them back. May have dislodged during the move. Check the soldering on the opto boards.

Certainly will check the trough optos and the opto board on the playfield. Could this be causing the power down too? Or does that seem like a different problem (power supply? fuse?)

It immediately fires back up, but yeah, don't want to recreate this over and over if I'm doing harm to it

#3055 7 years ago

Looks like I can also recreate the shutdown with a magna save activation.... maybe there's a power issue and not just an opto issue

#3058 7 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

I was having the same issue, and was talking about having to step through the whole power supply during league, and one guy mentioned getting a daughter board for his games to solve the problem. I looked it up and it was cheap(much cheaper than digging through for hours with the power supply) so I figured I'd give it a shot. Sure enough it solved my issue, and was a super easy plug and play fix. Really saved me hours and hours. Saw it recently on the ads that inside added, and it made me smile. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1013-kahrus-circuits/00092-wpc-power-fix-daughterboard

Sweet, bought the daughter board. hoping for some easy installation since I'm pretty terrible with a soldering iron. Of course naturally the problem seems to have gone away and I think I can isolate it to one of three things:

1) I checked all the wires everywhere and disconnected and reconnected everything to make sure it was snug.
2) Asked the previous owner when the last time he swapped out those AAs were, he said "what AAs?" changed those and scrubed off some VERY minor corrosion. Here's to hoping my settings save.
3) Plugged the machine straight into the wall instead of the power strip it is on. Sadly, it has no wall outlet where it's going so it'll be on an industrial power strip when I move it back, I'm hoping it's not #3

2 weeks later
#3073 7 years ago

Now that I've had my WCS for about a month, I've had a lot of fun playing and wrenching on it. I come from a reasonable arcade tech background, but I'm relatively new to working on pins. A couple things I've noticed now that I'm a little stumped to approach with my skill set:

-I'm not sure how to stop my TV Award from shooting straight down the middle. Not sure if the strength of the coil is still there? needs to be cleaned? adjust the angle or something? A little lost here.
-Considering adding some spotlights, but concerned about overdrawing from the GI circuit. I'm using comet optimus GI LEDs currently, but it's in a dark room.
-I can't figure out the best way to move the right post to a different position. Access to it seems miserable.

Any pointers for a rookie?

1 year later
#4020 6 years ago

Got one of these about 14 months ago, hadn't really done much to it and was gonna start prepping to clean it up myself. Noticed during tests that none of my flashers work (nor ever have since I got it! Whoops!).

Found this thread in some googling https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.games.pinball/sNNqRIy7HkU, but it might be a little bit above my ability level. What other things should I be checking first, and what's the how-to on checking fuses, testing the 20v, etc. I have a multimeter, but not a good operator

#4022 6 years ago
Quoted from RonaldRayGun:

Start by opening the backbox. After powering on, LED 5 on the driver board (the big one) should be on.

We got power to LED 5, but still no luck on flashers.

#4027 6 years ago

It was nearly all bulb related (Thanks for the Dr Dude tip!). I guess they were never replaced since they're hard to reach. Time to LED these flashers ^_^

In the process of my mini shop job (clean and install all cliffys) I goofed up my travel gate. It doesn't open now, and just always sends balls into the jets even if I have all the ticket stubs. Anything is likely to be that I could fix without disassembling the whole thing? It's a hard place to reach/take pictures of, but I can certainly try later.

#4031 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I wouldn’t spend too much money on LED flashers. This is the one area I think needs to stay incandescent. Those led flashers are intense. Just a heads up.
For the gate I think you’re gonna have to make your mini shop job into a big shop job. Haha

I'm sure I just did something stupid putting it back together. Guess we better throw on a movie for tonight!

Quoted from RatShack:

Make sure Magnasave works, it's on the same fuse.

It does

#4034 6 years ago

While I'm taking this thing apart to fix the gate, I might as well swap the rubbers too. I PMed tomdotcom but never heard back. Anyone got a list?

I'm thinking of trying the white super-bands, anyone have any experience with those? I've only used their flipper rubber (and was a fan)

#4038 6 years ago

Do you guys remember what quantities of each size you needed?

#4044 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What bounce? Haha

Buy them in bulk. I like the $60 bulk pack from Titan. That way you have extras. Use 2” or 2 1/4” on the slings.

Great idea! Especially since I plan on using white for both WCS and Dude. I found some kits that users submitted, so I'll just add the kits together and throw in some extras of each.

1 week later
#4074 6 years ago

Anyone need an original fully working DMD?
Upgraded to color and don't need the old one.

Added over 6 years ago: EDIT: SOLD

#4078 6 years ago

In search of the triangle/L shaped plastic that goes near the soccer ball/right ramp. Can't find it anywhere without a bunch of ones I don't need

1 week later
#4086 6 years ago

Have you reached out to Marco? They're pretty knowledgeable in my experience

Also, they're cheap enough that I'd probably just buy them both anyhow since they probably don't match the old one perfectly in color, take note of which one was which, and save the old working one in case of emergency. Shipping from Marco is kind of ridiculous so I try to buy as much as I could possibly use with each purchase.

2 months later
#4252 5 years ago
Quoted from Tablewicked:

My goalie finally kicked the bucket, I had some Lexan laying around so I decided to make a replacement. I was worried the Lexan would be too stiff to trigger the switch but I was wrong, the switch registered every time! I have a NOS decal but I am going to leave it bare for now and have a few more games to see how it holds up

What thickness lexan did you use? Mine is cracked and wrapped in clear packing tape for now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 14.95
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
$ 1,059.00
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 29.95
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mixmastapj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome?tu=mixmastapj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.