(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mima.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2916 7 years ago

Hi WCS-friends. I bought a beater a couple of months ago and am currently obsessed with trying to make it look, feel and play nice.
Not doing a restoration,but more of a pretty advanced and detailed shop-job. And i need some help badly! One (of many) wrongs on this machine was that it was missing a spacer-post and a bracket at the end of the right ramp
wcs1 (resized).pngwcs1 (resized).png (image is borrowed from a fully functional game)

What is the length of the hex-spacer?
And what part number has the "bounce-off" bracket?

Super grateful for swift help on this.
Cheers
/mima

#2918 7 years ago

thanks!

#2920 7 years ago

Hi friends! As usual when working with the machines one never has enough photos, or exactly the right ones.... Therefore I need some help identifying what goes where in a few places. And a question about function that I didn't pay enough attention to when taking the playfield apart...

What goes in the circled holes?

And, what is the proper function of the lane by the ball? The lower gate binds in both directions, and the upper gate binds downwards. What if a ball enters between the ball and tge lower right bumber? No way out... What am I missing here?

Super greatful for any help /images covering these questions...

Cheers
Mima

sketch-1478456453964.pngsketch-1478456453964.png

sketch-1478456558644.pngsketch-1478456558644.png

#2922 7 years ago
Quoted from mattmarr:

Top picture going from top to bottom is one side of the ball gate, star post, and star post. Bottom picture going from top to bottom is a star post and then a post with a white nylon sleeve. I had a toug time getting a picture of that last one, and it is the lock washer and machine screw just to the right of where the billboard is attached in my picture. I have some pics of when I did a tear down on another device. If what I sent isn't clear, just let me know and I can check those.

Kudos!

Seems like I have a few wrongs here
Still, Could the ball get in to that outlane between the spinning football and the lower bumper? If so, how does it get out since the lower gate is blocked?
lane (resized).pnglane (resized).png

/mima

#2925 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I believe the bottom gate is free in both directions.

Actually it's a one way gate, however looking closely at mattmarrs photo I realized that my gate was in fact flipped around. But it still would not open, so I adjusted the ball stop at the kick-out by turning it slightly to the left. Now the gate opens and no risc of a ball trap.

Cheers

DSC_0016 (resized).JPGDSC_0016 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#2938 7 years ago

Hi friends. I am in dire need of assistance again. My WCS has been in smithereens for way to long now, my memory is failing and I of course don't have photos of these below playfield details... I have 3 connectors that is missing it's spouse... Where do they go?

First is at mid left playfield the gate switch just above the mini playfield (green & white wites) o can't find the corresponding connector below.... .

Second and third connector is on the front right. Close to the ball through. A two wire @ 5 position IDC (black and gray/yellow, key in position 2, next to the black) running of the 12pin IDC z-connector.

Third is next to this coming of the wire harness close by, a 3pin molex with 2 wires (black/brown & red/white)

See attached imsges. Does anyone know? Please show with images.

I would highly appreciate all and any help with these matters

Cheers
/mima

collage-1479152572955.jpgcollage-1479152572955.jpg
collage-1479152647274.jpgcollage-1479152647274.jpg
DSC_0023.JPGDSC_0023.JPG

EDIT: found the green/white switch connector (hidden away) for the mid playfield gate switch. Still confused about the two front right connectors. HEEEELP

EDIT2: I also found that molex connector (blac/brown & red/white). I should fire that moron that's been playing around with the playfield... Hmm wait that's me... Can't do that! Still need some input on the 5pin IDC tough.

#2941 7 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

I had a look and that black and grey/yellow connector is just sitting in my machine connected to nothing (like yours)!
My machine is running perfectly with no errors.
Maybe it is meant to be used when adding something like a shaker/working coin mechanism?

Thanks for looking, I think I have a vague memory of recognizing "a loose connector" some where when disassembling. This might be it. Now to the task of understanding why it's there to begin with. Anyone knows?

#2942 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Looks like it's a 12v feed. Where under the playfield (in what area) is it located?
I ask because the proto games had an eddy sensor next to the soccer ball, and it would have needed power.

Front right, close to the ball through. Emerging from the 12pin IDC z-connector

1 month later
#3068 7 years ago

My 3D back glass ball mod.

2 weeks later
#3123 7 years ago

My subtle custom translite with the Swedish goalies name on the goalies back... DSC_0018.JPGDSC_0018.JPG

2 months later
#3234 7 years ago

My custom RGB topper mod for my WCS

/mima

#3237 7 years ago

Thanks

3 months later
#3338 6 years ago

Hey guys I think I know the answer for this one, but I'd like s second and third opinion. My goal through optos registers by them selves at times, and some times by vibration (ie in sync with bumpers and vuk action). They also seem to register as they should during game play and in single switch test. In switch test i can't make other switches to register for the goal through to when pressed. I have removed the solder and resoldered both the transmitter and the receiver. (see attached video clip, the first registered switch change is by its own device, then by me breaking the beam and lastly by vibration of the bumper action.

I would believe that either transmitter, receiver or both are intermittent. Or should I look for another csuse?

cheers
/mima

3 months later
#3508 6 years ago

Hey guys! I have this small issue that has been bothering me for a while, but as it does not really affect game play I have not done anything about it.
What component on what board is failing?

During attract mode and gameplay the "D-insert" does not light.
But during lamp test it works like a charm.

wcs.pngwcs.png

/mima

#3534 6 years ago
Quoted from mima:

Hey guys! I have this small issue that has been bothering me for a while, but as it does not really affect game play I have not done anything about it.
What component on what board is failing?
During attract mode and gameplay the "D-insert" does not light.
But during lamp test it works like a charm.

/mima

wcs.pngwcs.png

None?

#3544 6 years ago
Quoted from Archon9000:

Since the light seems to be getting voltage, have you tested the transistor that drives it? If not, I would start there if it was my game.

I have not, as I figured that the transistor should be in action during the attract mode light show (as the bulb works flawless during the attract mode). The attract mode light show is also a cpu controlled program going through the boards components, right?

It works all the time except during game play. Odd in my book.

Besides the transistor runs a full row or column in the matrix. So some odd behavior would be expected in other inserts as well then.

Cheers
/mima

2 weeks later
#3585 6 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Interesting. I also have Cliffy's and a weak Assist eject. My situation was a complete playfield swap, new coils, sleeves and springs, so I couldn't figure out what could be the issue. This gives my something to think about.

There's also this with misalignment. That assembly is prone to bind some what if the assembly is just a tad of the sweet spot. And the binding of corse makes it appear weak.

Might be worth a second look?

#3587 6 years ago
Quoted from mattmarr:

It's tough to get this dialed in with the Cliffy. My machine came with Cliffy's on the free kick holes and missing the one for the assist hole, I think this is why. The assist hole used to be 100% sure shot for me, then I installed a new carbon fiber cliffy and it had maybe enough power 20% of the time. I did some tweaking and I'm probably up to 90% or so. Never dug into the mech much though.

I did a through shop of my WCS a year back. Meaning removing all parts on top of playfield, cleaning parts and
playfield waxing playfield, replacing rubbers and broken parts etc. etc.. Removing all parts underneath playfield,
cleaning all the mecs, cleaning inserts, replacing all coil sleves etc etc.. Added carbon cliffys.

While re-mounting the free-kick-assembly I must have miss-adjusted things by a hair and I got some binding
in the mec and a week kick-out missing the goal. Some fine-tuning later It makes the goal every time
(with carbon cliffys) and I play my game pretty steep (7degree inclination)

That´s why I suggested a revisit to the assembly to see if some fine tuning is needed due to binding.

For what it´s worth.
Tuning and shopping a WCS is APITA!
Well worth it tough, a smooth playing WCS is a blast to play.

cheers
//mima

#3606 6 years ago
Quoted from RonaldRayGun:

There's a setting for how long the magnet is activated. Long shot but you might want to check that.

Remember waht setting#?

/mima

2 weeks later
#3673 6 years ago

This is my take on the battery topic.
Custom made battery adaptor for a single CR2 or 1/2 AA lithium battery.

DSC_0072.JPGDSC_0072.JPG

1 month later
#3793 6 years ago

Anyone interested in these battery adaptors for a single 1/2 AA lithium battery. Get rid of the Alcaline leakable batteries and just plug this adapter into your 3AA battery holder with a 1/2 AA lithium battery instead.

$10 a piece
$12 shipping (up to 5 adapter sets).

Cheers
/mima

DSC_0072.JPGDSC_0072.JPG

received_713568425508671.jpegreceived_713568425508671.jpeg

#3812 6 years ago

I recently sold my WCS, but I had the carbon fiber cliffys on the game and I liked it.

DSC_0250.JPGDSC_0250.JPG

collage-1514640751514.jpgcollage-1514640751514.jpg

DSC_0246.JPGDSC_0246.JPG

DSC_0247.JPGDSC_0247.JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mima.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome?tu=mima and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.