(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,489 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by dboeren
  • Topic is favorited by 273 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9193 (resized).jpeg
diverter assembly world cup (resized).png
Screenshot_20240206-183630 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider louvnj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1041 9 years ago

Nice topper! I was thinking of making a topper with one of those replica world cup trophies that I see on ebay...however they are still $50 plus for a larger one, maybe after the world cup the price will get reasonable.

I like your LED's about the stadium light graphics, was thinking about doing that. What type led did you use? Looks like a strip. Do have any closer pictures of your playfield? I'm converting to LEDs (individual, not kit) and so far have found the best GI schemes just by trying random placement of different colors.

#1049 9 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Here's a few shots ( just w my iPad, so not amazing).....but you get the idea ( chose more green than all purple to just give it a little "grass" feeling)...I'm definitely getting one of Herg's OCD controllers for this machine, as ghosting is still pretty heavy on the ramps, even w ct frosted non ghosters.
Overall, very happy, and love the machine !!!....

Really nice job!! The pictures are great! I have a purple strip from Comet that I will play with, but I would want white for the stadium lights. It may be the exposure of the pictures but it looks like the blue on the playfield really comes out, do you have any other blue LEDs anywhere other than the 3 bulbs between the stadium lights? Also your bumpers seem blue too, what bulbs do you have in there? I've only tried various greens (tower SMD, frosted) and aren't 100% happy with that look.

Thanks! Your pictures also helped me figure out that I am missing another plastic! The round one with the kicker above the diverter is not on my machine. Luckily, I just got a bunch of used plastics this week to replace a different one that was missing. The box does have that round kicker plastic, so all I need to do is to get a standoff to mount it on and I'm set!

Again, nice job and it really is a great pinball that our whole family enjoys! Lou

#1053 9 years ago
Quoted from ellray:

I'm still looking for the plastic that sits above the TV Award hole. I'm guessing that's the one you needed (or it wasn't included in what you got), but if not, I'm interested. I have a poorly-home-made replacement there now.

Yup, that was the one I needed, sorry. If I had another, it would be yours.

#1058 9 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Bumpers cool white....

That makes sense, cool white & teal bumpers would go to the blue side...I'll try that.

3 weeks later
#1123 9 years ago
Quoted from Zzap:

Stripping a bunch of parts off my play field today, I noticed that there was a some kind of fastener missing from the front right of my mini playfield - to the right of the ball release plunger. Can someone take a photo, or describe what sort of bolt is mean to go down through there into the hex down underneath?

Mine also has nothing there, just the hole, which does line up with the hex post below. The miniplay field looks pristine around the hole, like there was never a fastener there. Interested to see what belongs there too.

1 month later
#1169 9 years ago
Quoted from nighttaco:

Just put Led's in my game and it looks great, but I am still on the fence on the pink lighting for the cities. Purple leds make them look purple, I don't care for white, just curious what looks best under those cities....

Here's a picture of mine with frosted pink smd's in the cities. I also tried purple and different whites, none looked as good as the pink. The picture isn't the greatest, it's overexposed. Los Angeles is a red frosted, Stamina, Strength and Speed are warm white frosted. The ticket "World" is actually a pink smd with no cap. The glare by the "R" is from an overhead light. Hope this helps.

photo (1).JPGphoto (1).JPG
#1188 9 years ago

Yes, I have the spring on mine I had the same problem a month ago. Didn't realize there was a spring as its not in the manual, and the pieces fell down to the cabinet when it broke. I saw a small picture of the plunger online and noticed the spring. I ordered a plunger from either BAA or Marco (I forget which) and the spring came already on the plunger.
Installed, working great now.

1 month later
#1295 9 years ago

As pinwillie says, access from the bottom and inspect, I wouldn't bend anything yet. I've never had a ball stuck in there. I'm assuming it gets stuck after a striker shot, and not coming up from the popper? I haven't had that area of my machine apart, but I would try and look at the "box" where the ball is stuck, is it attached properly (not angled)? It looks like the wire ramp attaches to it. If you bend that tab further to the right, you may have problems with the ball hitting the wire ramp when popped. So basically I'd say look and make sure everything is square and mounted properly, it is a tough space to work in though.

1 month later
#1369 9 years ago
Quoted from dloe007:

Hey Everyone,
New to Pinside but own a World Cup Soccer. I am missing the 'Header/Kick' Plastic for the Striker/Pops area and can't seem to track it down anywhere. Does anyone have any leads?
Thanks!

I have a used one that is in decent shape, PM me if you want it.

1 week later
#1392 9 years ago

Mine smacks the glass too, no worries though. I have mine at a 6.5 degree slope.

#1400 9 years ago

Wonky? Please define wonky!

Again, does it run in test (both directions)? If so, then nothing is wrong with the motor/motor circuit, it has to be a switch or setting.

4 months later
#1594 9 years ago

I'm really interested in what people recommend for insert repair. I have the same thing on the inserts on mine, except it is on 1,2,3 & 4 goal as well as the magnagoal insert by the left flipper. I can see the "circles" around the cities, when I reflect light on the playfield. One of the goal inserts surrounding bit of red has come off. I'm not familiar with playfield repair but was thinking of mylar, but I don't think it will last. Vid's guide thread has so much information here on pinside, but is hard to sort thru for the novice. I am thinking the ultimate fix is sending the PF to someone to do minor touchup and then clearcoat it.

#1596 9 years ago

Coyote, anyone you have used before or can recommend for clearcoat/repair?

Quoted from Coyote:

My proto playfield has a lot of this. MANY of the inserts have cracks around them, and a few of the larger ones (like the large 'GOAL') are warped.
However, I'm going the 'easy' route, and will be sending it off to get touched up and clearcoated.

3 months later
#1807 8 years ago
Quoted from bax:

VegasMike
Thanks for the response.
I checked Marco and could not find the Header plastic sold individually.
I found one listed at Mad but was out of stock.

Hey bax, is this the one? This is a used one I got with bunch of plastics I bought off eBay to get one that I was missing. If you want it, PM me and I'll send it your way.

header.JPGheader.JPG

#1808 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I want to led my WCS. Does anyone have recommendations for what colours to use for the GI and where? Thanks in advance.

I used mostly warm white frosted from pinballbulbs.com in my GI. I tried lots of combinations/colors, mostly green & purple, but didn't like how the greens on the playfield got washed out by purple bulbs, and vice versa. Purple flexes worked good in place of the yellow scoreboard bulbs and light the upper ramps/flags nicely. I also used purple flexes under the 3 assist holes and a slow color changer (from Comet Pinball) in the final draw insert. I'd recommend getting 2-4 frosted of a few colors/whites and try them out, then go with what you like. I had really expected to go with mostly green, but it just didn't bring out the other playfield colors enough for me.

#1812 8 years ago

Does anyone know if reproduction ramps got made, or any status update? Last thread I could find from a year ago indicated that would be made, and I seem to remember it being mentioned that the stickers would be provided with the ramps.

1 week later
#1827 8 years ago

Sorry, I'm too beat to trace my wiring right now, but it looks like mine is the same as yours. The goal top flashes separate from the behind goal flasher in test mode, I think one is #17 and the other is #18. I can trace tomorrow if you need. I also just noticed in my picture I am missing a screw above the light, haven't noticed that before.

IMG_1695.jpgIMG_1695.jpg

#1829 8 years ago

The table on page 2-48 shows both a #89 & #906 bulb for the back goal flasher, so there is a 2nd flasher on the playfield, not sure where. As far as the goal top flasher, are you getting a working flasher on the back box in test? Have you tried to get a voltage reading during test directly on J126-1 on the power driver board?

#1834 8 years ago

Hey Coyote, thanks for pointing out the Goal flasher insert in front of the goal, mine was actually out. I'm not sure if it ever worked! I never noticed that bulb behind the goalie motor. I generally use the .pdf manual I downloaded from somewhere, and that one does show 3 bulbs for Goal. I LED'd everything but the flashers about a year ago and thru iterations of ordering and then finding out I missed a bulb, I thought I had noted every bulb. +1 more now

4 months later
#1989 8 years ago

Does anyone know a part number for the L bracket (ball stop/guard) at the end of the ramps? My game is missing two. They don't appear to be called out in the manual, and I can't find them on Marco's or other websites. It might help if I knew the proper name for them. Thanks!
untitled.pnguntitled.png

#1991 8 years ago
Quoted from Marten:

My game only has one at the top left of the play field. None are installed near the flippers. My ramps are looking really new and don't have any wear there so I don't think they were ever installed.
If it is not causing any trouble for you I would just leave as is.

Thank you! Mine also only has it on the top left one, I assumed each ramp should have one. Maybe the shape of the ramp determines the need for this piece. The left and right long ramps have bends in them which slow the ball down before it hits the bottom of the ramps, so maybe ball speed determines the need for the bracket.

1 month later
#2046 8 years ago
Quoted from dleasman:

Also, what should I use to lubricate moving parts, like the upper diverter rod, flipper rods, pop outs, kickback? Any specific type of oil or spray? I was having an issue with the diverter, so I used a small amount of silicone spray, for now.

The guideline is don't lubricate anything! Any oil or lubricant will hold dirt and dust and quickly gum things up. All the coil driven mechanisms are designed to work dry. The sleeves inside a coil are replaceable, if the coil rod is not moving freely, take the coil off, clean the rod and sleeve. New sleeves are like a buck. There are small vacuum attachments that are great for cleaning those mechanisms.

That diverter mechanism is a little funky, mine didn't move fully sometimes. I eventually found there is supposed to be a spring that connects the coil rod to the bar that turns the mechanism (it's not shown in the manual). Mine broke and fell off. I ordered a new rod and when it came, the spring was on it. It isn't used to put tension on anything, but rather it just pushes and pulls the rod to make the mechanism turn to move the diverter.

1 week later
#2092 8 years ago

I would check idc connectors. I had an intermittent connection that was causing the trough to send out two balls at the start of multiball. The idc with the problem was the large one in the middle of the cable that's comes from the 7 opto board (the board that the two trough boards cables go into. The cable that leaves the 7 opto board plugs into another cable that heads to the back box, it was this connector that had the issue. This connection is under the 1 Goal insert. That connection was hanging down and hitting the lockdown area so every time the playfield was pulled out, that connector got banged around. Took months to discover this.

For checking the trough idc's, you can go to single switch tests, select trough opto 1, and wiggle all the related idc's for the troughs. If you get lucky and find an intermittent break, you'll get that "ding" tone, a bit easier than trying to watch the screen. Then select trough opto 2 and repeat. Do all the Optos this way. I couldn't find my problem, replaced Optos etc. then happened to be in test on the right switch while working under the playfield, and then started hearing the "ding" sound, I was like, what the heck is that?

#2097 8 years ago

Not so easy to get a decent picture back there, also reveals how badly my wireform needs cleaning....but there are 2 rivets attaching it to header plastic.

image1_(3)_(resized).JPGimage1_(3)_(resized).JPG

image2_(3)_(resized).JPGimage2_(3)_(resized).JPG

#2099 8 years ago

It's pretty common for the header plastic to get trashed. Best bet would be to put an ebay watch on it, various used WCS plastics come up for sale pretty often. You might be able to get it from someone who put a new set on their game. The entire plastic set was recently rerun, a few sellers still have them, ~ $160 for entire plastics set.

#2101 8 years ago

Welcome to the club! WCS was my first pin about two years ago. I'm no expert, but will try to help. That stuck ball is a little odd. The rubber appears correct. There is no adjustment for rubbers or posts on either side, I would check the sling side rubber and make sure there's nothing under there pushing the rubber out into the lane. I assume it is wedged between the rubbers when it is stuck? I did my game in LEDs but left the flashers as incandescent, as many have recommended. There are many configurations/intensities of flashers. I tried one and didn't like it, and knew I would have to buy a bunch of different ones to try to find one I liked, and didn't feel it was worth the time and cost. The soccer ball is noisey, agreed, normally you'd think it had a problem, but seems like it doesn't hurt anything. I bought a new soccer ball from Marco but haven't installed it yet. I got it more for cosmetic reasons. I got my pinball about two years ago and have done small repairs and cleaning but plan to soon replace all rubbers and do a full shop out. Every time I work on it, I learn a little bit more.

4 weeks later
#2185 8 years ago

No diode on mine either.

1 month later
#2237 8 years ago

The pop bumpers illumination looks great, where did you get them and exactly what type are the LEDs? I've bought a few different style LEDs for there, and none give the lower illumination like yours. Thanks!

#2242 8 years ago

Thanks! I knew Art was selling these, but haven't needed any other LEDs so I haven't placed an order with him. I'll have to do it now.

Quoted from dleasman:

I got these, in green, though white might actually look better. The down lights are white, regardless.
ebay.com link

#2243 8 years ago

I have not taken mine out, but did have the spring go missing so I've fooled with the mechanism before. It really looks like it should pull straight up once the cam the spring attaches to is removed. Or if you were able to remove the two screw on top and take the c-clip off off, it should drop down thru the playfield. I looked at the shaft and only see the c-clip and white plastic "washer" on top of the ramp, and a white plastic washer and the cam below the playfield. It looks like the rod just hangs from the c-clip. Unless someone else added something else to the rod on yours. The rod itself I can move side to side and up and up without disconnecting anything, like it is hanging. Here's picture of my cam, good luck!

Quoted from aerobert:

I couldn't figure out how to get the diverter apart. Should it just lift straight out from the top? I even tried to remove the coil and spring which pivots the arm but that didn't help. Maybe mine is just stuck from dirt and rust? I'm afraid to apply any larger force.
The assembly schematic doesn't quite help me.

IMG_3454_(resized).JPGIMG_3454_(resized).JPG

7 months later
#3013 7 years ago

Does anyone have a part number/breakdown of the spinner target assembly? My target rod broke and I only found A-18199 as the whole assembly part number in the manual. A quick look at Marco and PBR show various spinners but no number or dimensions for me to figure out what I need. Googling and searching pinside didn't yet any results. Thanks.

#3015 7 years ago

Thanks, I didn't realize they had so much information there, just need to dig in to those manuals.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Try the planetary pinball manuals on their website.

#3025 7 years ago

<Btw do you have any tips why some GI lights are so intermittent with some led lamps? Sometimes the slightest touch can make them go out but stay perfectly on when adjusted. Normal bulbs dont seem to behave the same.

I have a couple that are touchy with LEDs. But it's always the same ones, and I have 2 different type LEDs in them. I really believe it is the sockets. It hasn't been enough of a problem that I've bothered to try and bend the connections tighter in the sockets to see if it helps. My problem ones are low on the playfield, so when the glass is off, I just wiggle the bulb until it comes on.

4 months later
#3243 6 years ago

definitely that is the goalie switch wires. They take a beating with the goalie moving. I've soldered mine at least 3 times since I've had the game. I tried carefully wire tying the wire to the goalie support to minimize the stress on the wire but the wires still have broken. Be really carefully when soldering above the playfield, protect it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mansfield, OH
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider louvnj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome?tu=louvnj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.