(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kdoggity.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6071 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Titan - Clear translucent rings, yellow posts, purple flipper rubber. Finished this week:[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Oh man! That color dmd is so cool! Where does one find that, and is it difficult to install?

1 week later
#6087 3 years ago

All - new owner, and new to Pins in general. Absolutely love the game, but wanting to take my soccer ball off for the first time. I removed the top screw, but it’s relatively hard to pull the ball up/off. Is that OK, and do I just need to apply more force to get it off?

#6089 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

It's a press fit. After the screw is off start by working it up around the bottom edge.

Thank you! I’ll give that a shot!

#6090 3 years ago

Sorry all, another random inquiry. All of a sudden this afternoon, when attempting to adjust volume, the buttons are unresponsive, and I’m unable to access the menus. Anyone know what might be going on?

#6092 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nothing happens at all? No noises? Nothing on the dmd?

It knows the door is open, just no response to button presses.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#6095 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Okay make sure all the wires are attached at the switches.

They all appear to look good. I also looked at the connection to the motherboard, and that’s a solid connection as well.

C3F9DF00-73B6-4D38-83DF-B565DC64C52D (resized).jpegC3F9DF00-73B6-4D38-83DF-B565DC64C52D (resized).jpeg
#6098 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

Possible problem with the MPU? slightest acid damage on the board can wreak havoc...

All look pretty clean - and it’s odd, because earlier today I was cycling through the menus just fine.

Any chance there’s some odd button combo that would lock it out, and need to be re-set?

#6103 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

I have never heard about something like that... maybe try gently pulling on the wire, it may be broken off but not visible? then you can trace the cable back? Maybe one got caught in the door...

Found it! One of the little black wires that connects to the coin door had severed! Reattached, and all’s back to good.

Thanks for the help, all.

#6105 3 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

I got sick and tired of sifting through tons of poorly marked key chains and decided to make my arcade life easier.
[quoted image][quoted image]

How did you do this?! I NEED this for my machine keys!

#6107 3 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

I got a lesson from my daughter I posted pics of all my other machines in those threads and have gotten a bit of interest. So, we set up a Pinside Shop. Check it out here: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1290-pic/04349-deluxe-flyer-identification-system

So awesome! Nice work! $12 (shipped) is just a bit high for us for a keychain at the moment, shortly after the new machine purchase, but we'll see about later in the year!

#6109 3 years ago
Quoted from misterhare:

Or keep your eyes peeled at garage sales!
[quoted image]

Haha - what an awesome find!

#6149 3 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

We've lowered the total cost for the first key-chain to $9.95. Thanks for the tip. Enjoy your new game!

Good deal! Hope to place an order in the coming weeks!

#6165 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

I have a striker and some wc94 Dutch team players as a topper
In the backglass i have an wc card with autograph from Ruud Gullit
A Fifa 94 knvb Dutchy the lion mascot and two strikers at the entry of the ramps
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How did you install the characters by the ramps and TV? I love that, and would love to do something similar!

#6176 3 years ago
Quoted from June703:

Hello! I’m looking for a bit of advice and thought this might be the place to ask. I’d like to surprise my husband for his birthday and get him his first pin. World Cup Soccer would be his top choice. I’ve seen ads here and there over the past few months and also saw a listing on thepinball company.com. I was wondering if it’s a good idea to consider thepinballcompany so that I have a better idea of the condition of the machine? But then the price is nearly double other listings, and I didn’t know if it was worth the high cost? Thanks for any advice you can give!

It’s of course OK to pay for peace of mind and quality! That said, most listings here on pinside, or even a lot of Facebook postings, are legitimate collectors that will be honest about the condition of their machines, and give some assurances of working state upon arrival. Also, most shipping within a couple state radius is usually $300-500.

Totally up to you. I think it’s appropriate to spend whatever amount is worth it to you and your husband.

3 weeks later
#6249 3 years ago

Have a bit of wear at the skill shot/coins toss drop location. Are there protectors, or repairs, for this area?

DFE40F9F-4A09-47E1-9968-2B212C503AE6 (resized).jpegDFE40F9F-4A09-47E1-9968-2B212C503AE6 (resized).jpeg
#6253 3 years ago

Thanks all! Will order a protector this week!

One more question. Where does everyone buy replacement balls? Mine are starting to show some signs of aging.

#6255 3 years ago

Oh wow - had no idea about the difference between Polaris/Carbon and Ninja/Chrome. Thank you!

#6256 3 years ago

Last question for the day, friends! Where do folks buy new rubbers?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#6260 3 years ago

Thanks all! Looks like there are several options for non-magnetized balls.

Anyone know the size/height for the post sleeves by the goal?

4 weeks later
#6342 3 years ago

Hi all - I’m new to owning machines, so it’s possible this is a common issue, but... today, my machine started acting funny, and would automatically finish a ball, and switch to the next player in the middle of a game. Any ideas on what might be going on?

#6344 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Sounds like a trough switch is activating tell the game that the ball drained.

How can I trouble shoot that issue?

1 week later
#6355 3 years ago

All. I haven’t been able to fix the issue we’re having with the game advancing to the next ball/player during play, and just today it started ejecting a second ball at the start of each ball or during play... all switches are working just fine, and the game has no errors at start up. Any thoughts?!

#6358 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Switch test, or single switch test. Eject all balls, and check trough switches.
Assuming that when you say "game advancing to the next ball/player during play", that you MEAN that it is ending the ball prematurely, and going into bonus count.

Correct.

How do you eject balls during the switch test? I’d previously run the switch test, and everything seemed to check out. Only odd thing was that trough ball five position showed only the left optic was registering. Not sure if that’s normal...

#6364 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

As someone that's had a lot of work on games with those WPC troughs, I've gotten really good at reaching under and popping the ball eject solinoid pluger with my finger. However, if nothing else, go into the Ball Eject test, eject everything, then drop one ball in at a time.
And yes, what chuckwurt says - your balls may be magnetic, or, you may have wear spots/divots in the trough, preventing the balls from rolling down properly.

Thanks so much for your help, all.

Unfortunately, I’ve tried everything described here, and am still experiencing the issue. I’ve never taken a trough apart, but it looks somewhat simple to remove the opto boards to check ‘em out... Should that be my next step?

For what it’s worth, it seems like the issue occurs most often when there’s a ball in the lock. Any chance that’s related, or likely total coincidence?

#6370 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

It could, yes! I don't have a matrix chart for this game in front of me, so I can't check, but it's possible you have a bad diode, and it's causing switch matrix issues.
The first thing I would do is checking the trough - the easiest way to check for divots or stuck balls is to play a game with the door open - as soon as you see it happen, and before the ball in play drains, look at the underside of the trough - look at the balls in the trough, and make sure that they are all in line, all rolled down to the front.
You can then put an extra ball in the Lock area, and do more switch tests in the trough - see if anything changes.
You mentioned something about a bad opto, it wouldn't hurt cleaning the boards off when you remove them, too.

Forgive me for my ignorance herein - again, quite new to this. What's a diode? Apologies for not knowing.

Played the game a fair amount last night without issue, but did not have many locks. Then, tonight, got a bunch of locks, and game "ended the ball / advanced to the next ball/player" a bunch. The trough appears to be in good shape, with the balls rolling nicely, and all the switches appear to activate correctly during tests, so more and more I think it's somehow related to the lock...

Any additional help (you guys have already been great) would be much appreciated!

#6373 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

It's like an electrical valve. Allows current to flow one way but not another.

Any chance you have a picture of what it looks like? I'm trying to trouble shoot the potential issue that Coyote identified - "It could, yes! I don't have a matrix chart for this game in front of me, so I can't check, but it's possible you have a bad diode, and it's causing switch matrix issues", but being so new to this, I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

Thanks again!

1 month later
#6536 3 years ago

All - still learning to work on my machine, after owning for a handful of month. Just yesterday, both flippers went out (not responding at all), but in test mode, the machine understands when each button is pressed.

Any thoughts on where to start looking to repair?

#6542 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

[quoted image]
check these fuses first. Take them out and test with a meter.
They are on the Fliptronic board pictured here (top left of the backbox I think):
[quoted image]

Thank you so much for this intel! At the moment, I don't have a meter. Any recommendations on one to purchase?

#6544 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I love this one.
Klein Tools Digital Multimeter, Auto-Ranging, 600V MM400 amazon.com link »

Thanks again!

1 week later
#6572 3 years ago

Looks like I do indeed need new fuses. Do any 3amp x 250v fuses work? Looks like they're available at most hardware stores around town - just want to ensure I pick-up the right ones...

#6574 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just make sure you’re putting the correct type in. Fast blow or slow blow. Most likely need slow blow. The manual will say SB next to them. They look to have a bar in them with a coiled wire wrapped around it.

Thanks so much. Indeed the manual shows S-B.

#6575 3 years ago
Quoted from kdoggity:

Thanks so much. Indeed the manual shows S-B.

Worked! Fuses replaced, and flippers back - fully operational. Thanks again!

4 weeks later
#6740 3 years ago

All - my machine is still doing something funny. Every time I set the lock, and a ball stays in the lock awaiting multiball, within just a few moments the game ends, and advances to the next player/ball.

I want to replace the fuses related to the lock to see if that helps. Does anyone know which fuses these would be?

#6742 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I don't think that will help, when you trigger that switch in test what does it say it is?

No issues with the test.

00E91776-CCB2-4743-B458-86E88CFEE286 (resized).jpeg00E91776-CCB2-4743-B458-86E88CFEE286 (resized).jpeg
#6743 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I don't think that will help, when you trigger that switch in test what does it say it is?

What else do you think it might be?

1 week later
#6785 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

There are two switches there-- 77 and 76. Did you test both? I recommend checking in Switch Edges test mode, and run a ball down to make sure it's not touching both switches or is at least activating one and then the other.

Still struggling with this. All switches appear to check out fine, but consistently experiencing the issue of the game advancing to the bonus countdown, and next ball, a few moments after a ball locks.

Any other thoughts?

08C8CBFE-C84F-4CAC-9970-DCB3FC041181 (resized).jpeg08C8CBFE-C84F-4CAC-9970-DCB3FC041181 (resized).jpeg1859F4BE-C341-40D8-B861-92633B0683B9 (resized).jpeg1859F4BE-C341-40D8-B861-92633B0683B9 (resized).jpeg235F0D22-3267-4F4D-A1EB-C276BA2C425A (resized).jpeg235F0D22-3267-4F4D-A1EB-C276BA2C425A (resized).jpeg7844F241-9C67-4425-A477-29098350E7E4 (resized).jpeg7844F241-9C67-4425-A477-29098350E7E4 (resized).jpeg9ADA590E-E70F-47BB-81E3-8342AD718EC9 (resized).jpeg9ADA590E-E70F-47BB-81E3-8342AD718EC9 (resized).jpeg9CD500A5-1340-45C0-AA54-3C7589F705F8 (resized).jpeg9CD500A5-1340-45C0-AA54-3C7589F705F8 (resized).jpegAD0C966A-E46C-478E-B945-42664BA10436 (resized).jpegAD0C966A-E46C-478E-B945-42664BA10436 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#6793 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Start a dedicated tech thread instead. It will get more eyes on your issue.

All - in the end, appears to be an opto issue - "seeing" a ball in position 4 that's not there, when a ball is in the lock! Having a guy replace the light.

New question! Anyone know the length of the 14 pin ribbon, for the dot matrix display. Think mine mine be losing connection...

4 months later
#6974 2 years ago

Flippers just stopped working tonight. Turned the machine on, and just no activation, either side. Turned off, back on, same. Any thoughts on potential root cause?

2 weeks later
#6998 2 years ago
Quoted from mastercello:

Check your fuses....!

Which fuses should I be testing? Looks like 101 and 102. Is that correct?

1 week later
#7015 2 years ago

Hoping an easy fix / troubleshooting here, but still new to this world.

Just today, balls stopped ejecting after goals. Seems like either the sensor doesn’t know a ball is in the goal, or the plunger just isn’t activating to send it back down the return ramp. Any thoughts on where to start looking for the repair?

#7017 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Switch. Test. Does it register when a ball is in there? Then test the VUK in coil test next. Does it fire?

It does register when a ball is in there. How do I test the VUK?

1 month later
#7100 2 years ago

Hi All,

I’m still struggling with my Goal Popper coil not activating, in live play or test mode. However, when I test it with my multimeter, I get a reading of 3.8 ohms. I’m new to this, but have read that is a good reading. That said, all other coils on the machine are reading much higher than that (all over 10). Is the goal popper coil bad, or should I investigate elsewhere?

#7108 2 years ago
Quoted from kdoggity:

Hi All,
I’m still struggling with my Goal Popper coil not activating, in live play or test mode. However, when I test it with my multimeter, I get a reading of 3.8 ohms. I’m new to this, but have read that is a good reading. That said, all other coils on the machine are reading much higher than that (all over 10). Is the goal popper coil bad, or should I investigate elsewhere?

Any thoughts on this, WCS94 community?

#7112 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

Have you followed the wiring from the coil to ensure it’s not broken somewhere?

Yes - it looks like wires are good

#7113 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Basic coil troubleshooting next:
1. Is the coil getting it's +50v feed?
2. If the transistor firing?

This is where my inexperience comes in. I don’t know the answer to either of these, or what they mean!

#7115 2 years ago
Quoted from frisbez:

You can test whether the coil itself is good and receiving power by grounding the coil lug attached to the non-banded side of the diode which will cause the coil to fire if the circuit is working properly.
Take an alligator clip wire and attach it to the ground braid in the cabinet and briefly touch the coil lug with the other end. If the coil fires it is probably good and you should suspect the driver board transistor.

Quick question before trying to learn how to do what you’re describing. . Is there a fuse specific to the goal popper?

#7118 2 years ago
Quoted from frisbez:

Here's a picture of a coil. The diode is the small black and grey (the banded side is the side with the grey marking) cylinder in the middle. You'll see it attaches to the two metal lugs.
The diode acts as a one way gate. It allows voltage to flow through the coil to activate it, but not then go back to driver board and blow up sensitive components.
By connecting the non-banded side of the diode to the ground braided wire you complete the circuit. Pinball coils on WPC games are always hot. They always have voltage supplied to them but nowhere for it to go. Connecting the ground gives that voltage somewhere to go and will activate the coil.
[quoted image]

It looks like the goal popper coil is a non-diode coil. Would this change my troubleshooting direction?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kdoggity.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome?tu=kdoggity and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.