(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,489 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by dboeren
  • Topic is favorited by 273 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9193 (resized).jpeg
diverter assembly world cup (resized).png
Screenshot_20240206-183630 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joshindc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3474 6 years ago

Anyone have this plastic on theirs? http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1925A-3

It looks like it goes behind the ball to the right maybe, but I can't figure where it would fit with the ramp right there.

Mostly just curious if I'm missing a piece I should buy.

detail (resized).jpgdetail (resized).jpg

2 months later
#3686 6 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Anyone have an issue with the Pinbits protectort for the "giraffe" piece making the combined height of the plastic and the protector too high for the right side of the spinner? Basically the wire coming out of the spinner bracket normally sits just above the plastic and spins freely, but with the protector it just gets jammed.
Not sure what to do other than not use the protector...

Put the metal tab on top of both of the plastics. So it goes (bottom to top):

post>pinbits protector>plastic>spinner tab>nut

Does that make sense? I can try and get a picture later if it doesn't.

1 month later
#3815 6 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I pulled the ball diverter out to replace some broken plastics and I'm not sure I've put it back together correctly as it doesn't work
Is this what it's supposed to look like there? The spring is partly inside the coil
It also has a bit of play on the upper playfield as well.

The spring shouldn't be in the coil; are you missing a coil sleeve?

There's a little bit of play up top, but I don't know how to describe how much. I think if the ramps aren't aligned correctly they can put pressure on the diverter shaft and keep it from turning. I'd look at the coil sleeve first though.

7 months later
#4391 5 years ago
Quoted from deeplennon1:

Original incadescent lighting questions..
I’m in the process of de-rainbowing a creative LED job and have a few sticking points. Does anyone know if the the three GI lights on the back wall had colored light condoms on or were just straight clear incandescents and same with the three coin toss lights. Also I remember the boards above the ramps had red, white and yellow light condoms on them but I can’t remember the order top top to bottom.. if anyine can remember the answers to these questions and help me get this game back to a more authentic state I’d appreciate it.

It looks like the coin toss also had yellow condoms, from the parts list: https://www.ipdb.org/files/2811/Bally_1994_World_Cup_Soccer_Parts_List.txt

Search for 03-8063 to find the condoms.

#4425 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Dumb question....am I missing something? Both flippers are dead when I start a game. Fuses are good and there is no message about the coin door being open.??

This might help: https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Flipper_does_not_work

Did you do any work on it lately?

Josh

#4428 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

No work lately... Looks like the coils have voltage and neither flipper optos register in the switch edge test. I'll have to investigate farther tomorrow.

I think the opto boards are daisy chained, so it might just be the connector on one side isn't making good contact and is taking both of them out.

I just had a problem where my right flipper wasn't registering, and I swear reseating the left opto board connector solved the problem.

2 weeks later
#4495 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I have figured out how to make the ball motor dead quiet! After a lot of messing around with it, I discovered that my problem wasn't lube, but the tightness of the screws on the motor. If they are too tight (the phillips head ones), the gears will grind, it will be noisy, and there can be enough resistance to blow a fuse. If you have a noisy motor, lift the table up and spin the ball while adjusting the screws. You should be able to hear a clear difference in volume. My motor is now dead quiet. The goalie is noisey, but the ball motor makes no noise.
The only thing that's bugging me on my machine now is my darn diverter ramp. I had it perfect, but after taking apart the machine to put in new rubbers, I can't get it dialed back in. I understand I can sort of turn the spring in and out, but it doesn't really seem to make a difference. About once a game the ball will drain because it meets resistance on the ramp and it's driving me nuts. Anyone got any tips?
New rubbers make a world of difference! I'm pretty sure some of the old one's were originals as they came off like chewed gum... It made a huge difference in the game's feel. I got 5 billion points last night after 3 or 4 games.
All in all I'm really loving the machine. As this is a one pin house for the moment I will be enjoying this until early next year, and probably switching out for a Jurassic Park. Thanks for all the help folks.

You might also check if the diverter rod is binding on the ramps. It has to thread through both ramps and the hole in the playfield, and if they aren't lined up just right it can cause friction and prevent it from returning when the solenoid is disabled. If this is the case you can loosen the screws on the ramp and retighten once things look right.

#4504 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Nope - that was old WMS stock of a prototype playfieild. I bought it, which is why it's out of stock. Heh. (Study it, you'll see a LOT of changes.. And if you're curious about any, let me know. I can get a better pic.)
I know some sample games still had the numbers, and was wondering how many were out there.

If I remember correctly, you can go into adjustments and change the kickback settings so that you can save 3 kickbacks, and each of those lights signifies one kickback left. I assume it was originally going to be a default setting, thus the old artwork?

1 month later
#4554 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

My wcs is coming along nicely. Here is a before and after photo. I have replaced every plastic with new ones along with protectors, new titan rubbers, comet leds, and side art blades. I Have been cleaning and fixing for 3 days straight and the game is working at 99%. The only issue I am having is the left flipper is not working with the assist hole and lighting the in lanes above the pops. The right flipper works fine. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
If anyone would like an entire set of used plastics, just pm me.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I think the lane switch and assist eject are triggered by the second flipper opto. When you go into switch test mode and push the left flipper button, do you get 1 or 2 switches triggering? If just 1 then that's likely your problem. Try cleaning the opto with some rubbing alcohol and check for obvious problems first (is the plastic opto interrupter broken? Does the left button itself look the same as the right?

Good luck!

#4561 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Thanks for the advice, I cleaned the optos in alcohol and a toothbrush, and the second flipper switch registers in switch mode. I even took the opto off and reflowed the solder but no good. I might try to take the opto off of another machine to test it. I haven't messed with the fliptronics board, should I be looking there as well?
*Edit* I have isolated the problem. The flipper opto must be bad since I put one in from my DH and it fixed the problem. I’ll have to order a new one and I should be good to go.

Looks like you found your problem! Out of curiosity, were you getting both switches triggering in switch test then? (ie, 2 switches should show as closed when you push one flipper button all the way in).

Josh

11 months later
#5374 4 years ago
Quoted from Sk0r:

Hard to say. It makes some kind of squealing noise but the ball doesn't spin.

The ball motor has a gearbox that will eventually strip one of the gears and make a terrible noise. If that's what's happened, take it out and look for two screws holding the motor to the gearbox. If you undo these screws and pop the two parts apart you'll see one of the two gears that transfer power from the motor to the gearbox will be completely stripped, but that the stripped gear is longer than the gear it mates with. You may be able to use washers to separate the motor from the gearbox a small amount so that the gears mesh again. No idea how long that will last, but that'll save you $80-$100 on a new gearbox and motor for at least a while. This thread shows the motor taken apart and you can see the gear in question: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-ball-squealwhine-noise

Also, most of these machines seem to have the ball wired backwards. I think the original intent was for the ball to assist goal scoring during the game (i.e. it spins clockwise towards the goal) and when you reach the world cup final it reverses direction to up the difficulty. I think most operators reversed the ball to make games shorter. One side effect is that the ball is always being flung into the side of the left ramp and tends to break it. You can check it in the solenoid test mode I believe to confirm the spin direction. (CCW = counterclockwise = anticlockwise)

Good luck!
Josh

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Union, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.00
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joshindc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome?tu=joshindc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.