(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider insideoutlane.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5947 3 years ago

Anyone in the SF-Bay / Sacramento / Central Valley area looking to sell their WCS?

My wife and I have moved to a large enough place that we have enough room for a machine of our own! It's rough not being able to shop around at shows, as it seems they won't be happening for the foreseeable future. We've been looking at ads online, but it's hard to pull the trigger on something that we both haven't played. We know that we would love a WCS though. I can promise that it would go to a loving and caring home!

1 week later
#5961 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

..That's about it, off the top of my memory.

Wow, that's quite a lot! Good memory!

#5964 3 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Does anyone have the problem of the ball not wanting to go down into the striker hole? On mine the ball will fly back there, "hit" the hole, hang mid air for a second and then drop down. Or just bounce out. I'd think there would be something that would guide the ball down -like- a scoop, but on mine it looks like it his the playfield edge. Anyone?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I've recently had the problem that if there's a hard square hit into there, it's get stuck until the lost ball sequence knocks it loose. Hopefully someone here will chime in with a potential fix.

1 week later
#5990 3 years ago

Hello @lkonecki!

Yes, the ticket settings are related to a physical ticket dispenser that could be attached to the machine. It seems that this was not at all a popular addition, and there are not many of them around

My understanding of the auto % replay value is the same as yours.

#5993 3 years ago

At the risk of someone finding it sacrilegious: Has anyone replaced (or considered replacing) the rollover targets with the classic "star" rollover buttons? How hard would it be to do as a reversible modification?

I know that the hard-edged buttons and their effect on the movement of the ball are just "part of the game," but I'm still interested in how it would play differently. Undoubtedly they would be a bit harder to trigger, as the ball would have to roll directly over it.

#5995 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t think it’s possible. The place for the star rollover is cut into the playfield.

It looks like this style might work, potentially with some sort of modifications.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-900901

Also, on an unrelated note: how do you like your NBA Fastbreak, and how would you compare/contrast it to WCS?

1 month later
#6148 3 years ago

Now that everyone is showing off their World Cup 94 merch, I figured I should add this. I've had the shirt long before I bought the game. I chuckle when people lament that there's "some dog" all over the game. Dude, that's Striker!

IMG_20201024_083302 (resized).jpgIMG_20201024_083302 (resized).jpgIMG_20201024_083337 (resized).jpgIMG_20201024_083337 (resized).jpg

#6164 3 years ago
Quoted from misterhare:

Fingers crossed for a new pin in 2026!

... and that I've save up enough $ by then to buy it!

1 week later
#6181 3 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

If you can tell us where you're located that would help as a local collector might have a WCS that they'd be willing to sell to you.
Dave

To piggy-back on this response: find the wanted/for-sale and/or discussion pinside thread for your area, and post it there as well.

Look at the pinside map for that game and message owners near to to see if they want to sell.

1 week later
#6211 3 years ago

rlbohon3

I believe there was discussion of that plastic a page or two back in this thread, and the consensus is that it isn't stock and doesn't really fit anywhere.

1 week later
#6248 3 years ago

I'd like to know how quiet the spinning ball can get under ideal conditions.

#6268 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

My clearcoated playfield is ready to start populating! I love how all the scoops have been repaired
Now do I spend $1300 on the CPR backglass and new ramps? Yes it’s $1300 for those 2 items here
[quoted image]

Ain't that a beauty!

2 months later
#6472 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I’m kinda surprised to hear what you guys think this pin is valued at. I never thought too much about it.
I’ve been thinking of selling mine to get something newer. It’s in nice shape with Leds, titan rubbers, lighted flipper buttons, and a color dmd. No playfield wear. Soccer ball motor was replaced less than 200 plays ago. I also have a complete spare set of ramps with decals I acquired from another pinsider because he was selling them at a low price. I figured for $100 why not.
If anyone wants to make a cash offer or make a trade offer +\- cash send me a message. No shipping. Western MA area
[quoted image]

Do you know where the pop bumper tops/lights are from? They look snazzy.

#6474 3 years ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

Pinball Life sells them. Go to the BriteMods Store under Shop by Category. I put these in all my games. They are adjustable for brightness and steady on or sensitivity flashing. Available in different colors too.

Awesome. I will definitely order some for my game.

1 week later
#6503 3 years ago

I would recommend buttons with the springs for the two flipper buttons. The spring is busted in one of mine, and sometimes it sticks for just a bit because of this.

3 weeks later
#6602 3 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

If you change it, hang on to your butt. It's a different game when you go from hard to soft rubber. I never even PLAYED a soft rubber version until I brought mine home. I thought the pinball was haunted, moving (spinning) on its own everywhere and getting pretty wild.
Side story: When I checked out my WCS to buy I touched the soft rubber soccer ball and asked the seller: "Shouldn't this be hard plastic?" Hahaha...he gently said "Uh, no, no it should be soft rubber. Like that" He was right.

I love how live the pinball itself is. On my machine the wires are current soldered onto the motor's contacts in opposite orientation, so the ball is spinning CCW during normal play. Really shoots it at the flippers (or STTM) on the regular. I would like to wire up some sort of switch so that I can reverse it on the fly between games when I want to change it up.

#6635 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

It's obvious that since we all own this game - we know it's great. But here is a review for those that are looking for a good game that aren't 'in the know'.

Now that I have one of my own, I don't mind the spptlight on it.

#6651 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

I've got an LCD color dmd. I've had it installed for a bit over a year and have been very happy with it. Though I haven't seen an LED live (or known that's what I'm looking at) to compare.

I am also trying to decide between the two. Would you perhaps be able to post a video of how the different picture setting look for WCS?

Quoted from Hammerhead:

I have a colour LCD set to "scan". Gets rid of the dots and smooths everything out.

Would anyone with an LCD ColorDMD by chance be able to post a video of gameplay with different screen settings? I'm interested in what the various settings (scan, pixel, xl dots, etc.) look like for WCS, but haven't been able to find any thing. Thanks in advance!

Edit: didn't mean to essentially include the same message twice. I must have had an earlier draft saved when I started the second.

#6699 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also the opponent scores faster in WCF if you have fewer balls in play.

What!?

1 week later
#6759 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I had it for 5-6 years. We had our time with it. We’ve pretty much ran out of room, so games need to start rotating more often unfortunately.

Well even though you don't have the table anymore, don't be a stranger in this thread!

2 weeks later
#6795 3 years ago

I finally evicted all of the factory set high-scores from my table. Take that MAT!

2 weeks later
#6834 2 years ago
Quoted from thc666:

when u get to finals against Germany.

Or, in my case, whenever it's spinning except for the World Cup Final.....because it was wired backwards. Definitely makes the game interesting.

There's got to be a way to wire in a switch to change this around on the fly. I'll get around to it someday.

#6837 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Hahaha I had my soccer ball wired backwards for years. Never realized it until I was watching a video of it on a tournament or something.

How much did it change the gameplay after you switched it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider insideoutlane.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome?tu=insideoutlane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.