(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gcs2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4993 5 years ago

About to get a WCS soon, yay!! Any essential mods you guys recommend?

Also any toppers out there anywhere? I saw the one that littleshopofgames did as there was one FS in the market but missed out. Would love to grab one like if any more around or something close to it.

TIA

#5004 5 years ago

What is the best rom for WCS

And where is everyone getting replacement soccer balls from?

#5006 5 years ago

Thanks is everyone happy with the quality of their ball? (insert joke here of course)

BTW any recommendations on colors for posts or flipper rubber? Game is being redone and plan to use clear silicone titan rubber on the game.

#5020 5 years ago

Finally have a deal for one (nice HUO one too) just have to work out when to get it. Can't wait!

I already bought the pinduino kit from Eric (we have on on our White Water and love it) so I can't wait to put that on the game.

The game already has the lighting mods from mezel as well and a colordmd.

Any other mods/changes you guys suggest?

#5024 5 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

My dream mods are the colorDMD and invisiglass. Nice that they are including the colorDMD. Often it will be removed and placed in another pin.

Yep love colorDMD. Only thing I like as much if not more is the XL HD display on my MBR. Believe it or not I am not a fan of the full LCD in my JJP POTC or the smaller LCDs used in Stern games. Of course I think that's because they aren't utilized as well as they should be.

Wife is super excited to get this game. MB is HER game and we have owned one for 15 years but sold it to get the new MBRLE (good decision IMHO). POTC was a bit a gamble but agreed on by the family. My son begged for White Water which we got and the wife has begged for WCS (we are huge soccer fans so its good with all of us). Oddly enough the person who pays for everything, travels to get these things, works on all of them, mods them out and gets to the play the least got no say in what games to get. Funny how that goes isn't it.

Anyway WCS will be a nice addition to our house. Its a great family theme, fun game, easily approachable for anyone and pretty straightforward with what to do. Can't wait.

NOS plastic set for sale if any owner needs it
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wcs-94-nos-plastic-set

#5026 5 years ago

If anyone is looking to sell a WCS near Richmond, VA lmk please.

Thanks

#5028 5 years ago

Not sure to be bluntly honest. Until I am told we have a deal and pickup or delivery arrangements are set I am not going to stop looking. 4 busted deals in the last 2 1/2 weeks or so therefore no deal is done in my mind til its done and I have a game.

1 week later
#5034 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Quite possible (in fact, probable based on your description) that your balls are magnetized. Try new balls and see if this helps the situation.

I would agree with this for sure. It happens to a lot of JJP POTC owners due to the magnets in the game and WCS has magnets. Definitely try new balls and I bet it goes away.

#5047 5 years ago
Quoted from toberlindacher:

I am looking for a WCS speaker panel if anyone happens to have one. The one I have has a large melted spot right in the middle. I looked online but only found the LED ultimate one. I thought I'd try here to see if I could get lucky.

Also available on ebay (not lit up)

#5057 5 years ago

Well I finally got my WCS supposed HUO game. Looks really good and I’m already modded it with a pinduino kit. Game already had several mezel mods on it. Also changed to titan clear rubber while I had it apart

Pinduino kit is awesome but it is a bit challenging to install. You pretty much have to take the whole game apart. Many thanks to Eric as he was a big help

Also big help to chad and chuckwurt for WCS pics that helped me get the game back together after I lost my photos. Here is a pic to show off the game

3CC4221A-73E5-4291-8342-B4C30307E77C (resized).jpeg3CC4221A-73E5-4291-8342-B4C30307E77C (resized).jpeg
#5059 5 years ago

Here is a short video of the game in attract mode. Still processing so it may be a minute. The effects during the game are very cool and worth having

#5060 5 years ago

BTW anyone have recommendations on purple and red LEDs for the World Cup inserts & saucers (they aren't purple enough for me using white LEDs) and then the red rollovers actually look more orange than red with white LEDs.

Thinking comet purple passion LEDs for the inserts/saucers. Not sure on the reds.

1 year later
#5795 3 years ago

Anyone ever done the lighted speaker panel mod on this game?

#5797 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Check out post 5786 above....

I assume this is the one from lightedpinballmods?

Are you happy with it and how did the install go?

TIA

#5799 3 years ago

Well that's a bummer. I'm still considering as I like it but not sure I want to bother with it.

Thanks for the feedback.

2 years later
#7969 1 year ago

Need a little help on a WCS issue and not sure where to start diagnosing.

Game powers on and runs playfield lights come on etc. I cannot start a game (i.e. pressing the button does nothing) and I do not have anything on my DMD so I cannot see if there are errors etc. I am using a ColorDMD in the game. I have no spare DMDs (all other games are LCD) unfortunately.

The games has worked just fine for years until this recent development. Batteries were changed out probably 6 months ago and looked fine when I peaked into the head.

Not sure where to start to be honest. I see no obvious things when inside the head (is disconnected cables, burn marks etc).

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

#7972 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

Also try reseating all of your ribbons

Did this first with no change.

Has me wondering if its board issue.

#7974 1 year ago

Update on my game

I was able to borrow a color Dmd and video driver board from someone and my game works meaning I can play a game but I have no video at all

I put my color Dmd and video board in the other persons game and they worked fine.

Checked cables and fuses and they seem fine. Not sure where to go from here but the game does play and all features appear to work properly

#7976 1 year ago
Quoted from sullivcd40:

If you've done all the easy stuff, pinwiki says it could be a hv issue on the dmd controller board. This section gives a step by step process for diagnosing the issue:
https://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Williams_WPC#Display_problems

Not sure this applies since I am running a color Dmd and there is only a 4 prong connector going to the display board on the back of the lcd. This voltages 5v then .06v and then 13v when going left to right n the pins of the board. I have no idea what they should be to be honest.

#7977 1 year ago

I’m pretty sure the color Dmd is getting the power it needs as I access it’s menu system and that show on the screen just fine. Just no display info from the pin itself

EDIT

I have conversed with Randy at ColorDMD great guy btw! And he has verified my power numbers at the ColorDMD are correct.

For reference here is what I tried so far.

Step 1 checked voltage at ColorDMD (numbers above and verified by ColorDMD that they are correct)

Step 2 removed ColorDMD from Whitewater (known good and working) to WCS all other items (cables controller etc) were the same WCS items as before.  No game display but LCD is getting power as I can access the menu system

Step 3 put WCS ColorDMD into Whitewater (all other parts were the Whitewater parts).  ColorDMD worked.  I noticed what appear to be interference lines pop up in the display but they were random and I only noticed them up close vs standing back.  They were not present all the time but more there during scene transitions

Step 4 put DMD controller board from Whitewater (known good) into WCS with WCS ColorDMD and no game display.

Step 5 using Whitewater DMD controller board I used the Whitewater ColorDMD (both known good in Whitewater cabinet) and no game display

In all fairness I did not try the WCS DMD controller board in Whitewater at all.

I also did not swap any cables between machines on the ColorDMDs and the Controller boards.

I will try the WCS controller board in the Whitewater when I get home and I will be sure to try it with both displays.

After that I will start swapping cables if the WCS board and DMD work fine in the Whitewater.

I have a feeling its something else in the WCS cabinet but no idea what that would be.

#7986 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

I don’t think my assist shots hit the back of the net.

Nor do mine but they do not dribble over the line either. Its a nice solid shot.

#7988 1 year ago

Has anyone done the lit speaker panel mod for WCS?

If so how did it go and can you share your results?

Thanks

#7990 1 year ago
Quoted from jazc4:

I was really wanting to get one of these for WCS and for my other games. However, after seeing them in person at TPF, I'm not so sure. Granted the room wasn't dark, but it didn't show up very well. I was disappointed in how they look. I think for the same money I would buy the hologram topper they had. Now that was way better in person. It was amazing.

Thanks for the info I was kinda worried about that. I have never seen them in person and since they aren't cheap it wasn't something I felt I wanted to take a chance on w/o some feedback.

The other upgrade I am considering is a pinsound board - anyone do this and if so is there video/audio of the new reorchestration?

#7992 1 year ago
Quoted from jazc4:

The only Pinsound board I have so far is in my STTNG. It does sound great. The bad thing these days is that if you get a Pinsound, Color DMD, and Pinstadiums or other mod, your talking $1000-$1500.

Fortunately I already have a bunch of things on my WCS including a topper, pinduino lights, colorDMD etc.

#7995 1 year ago
Quoted from jazc4:

If you don't mind, post a pic. I bet it's a nice looking WCS.

Sure thing. It comes back home tomorrow assuming it fits in my car. It was being repaired by a friend.

Btw anyone know the height of WCS when folded down. I am not sure it will fit in my Santa Fe

#8001 1 year ago

I remeasured this AM on a flat surface (my driveway is sloped) and it appears my clearance from the top of my bumper latch to the bottom of the dome light in the back is 31" so I should be in the clear. Tight but clear.

Thanks

#8003 1 year ago
Quoted from Tablewicked:

Not sure what year santa fe you have, but I have a 2010 for moving games and a wpc cabinet fits fine.

#8016 1 year ago

Does anyone have any lighted speaker options for WCS?

Don't want to do the full panel just the speakers themselves. I have aftermarket in my game and the holes on each side are the same.

#8019 1 year ago

Considering having my game powdercoated - legs, LD bar, side rails, shooter housing, hinges etc.

Would also like to do the coin toss and habitrail as I really do not like the gold (in game or the legs) to be honest.

Looking for suggestions for colors and pics would be great. I believe I have seen black on the armor and yellow for habitrail/coin toss before and thought that was decent but still open to ideas.

TIA

#8022 1 year ago
Quoted from theGiven:

I just did mine w/ dark purple. I'm shopping rest of game now, so more pics when done!
[quoted image]

Oh wow I definitely want to see more. That looks like a good pick and different which is what I want

Also considering the habitrail and coin toss in yellow.

#8024 1 year ago

Found these on an old pinside sale post. I think the teal looks pretty good. Anyone have ideas what its called?

Also how much of a PITA is it to take out the coin toss part and habitrail to get coated?

Just to be clear this is not my game.

WCS PC TEAL-1 (resized).jpgWCS PC TEAL-1 (resized).jpgWCS PC TEAL-2 (resized).jpgWCS PC TEAL-2 (resized).jpgWCS PC TEAL-3 (resized).jpgWCS PC TEAL-3 (resized).jpgWCS PC TEAL-4 (resized).jpgWCS PC TEAL-4 (resized).jpg
#8026 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

FWIW, I almost bought this one but disliked the teal too much to do it. It's your pin, so do what you want, but you may also want to think about the resale side of it.

Habitrail is very easy. Coin toss is more involved, but is manageable.

We just want something different. I mean black makes the most sense since it goes with everything but it almost feels like a waste and should just stick with stainless.

The wife liked the teal and really liked the yellow coin toss and habitrail someone posted not sure what color that is either though.

Lots to think about.

#8028 1 year ago
Quoted from misterhare:

Ha! I was going to post pics but you beat me to it. The teal machine is mine but it was done two owners before me. I think original owner commented on my first club thread post, so you might be able to ask them what the exact color is. Maybe about 3 yrs ago I bought it.
It looks even better in person!

Guess that means you are happy with it, lol.

Has it held up well and still fits with the game? My only odd concern with the teal is that kind of looks out of place since there is none of that color in the trim of the backbox (all black wood) nor the translite or speaker panel plastic.

#8031 1 year ago
Quoted from misterhare:

I love it and don't overthink it. When I briefly tried to sell it, people devalued it because of the teal.
Customizing is a balance between personal preference and resale. Most people want bone stock. Choose what you like and take a hit on the sale price or just leave it be.

We may be going this direction. Just have to figure out the color. Need to hit up prismatic samples I guess

#8033 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I love the teal being a Miami Dolphins fan but my mock ups didn't suit it, hence why I went black with yellow shooter housing, coin toss and wireform

Can you tell me what color yellow you used?

Thanks

#8036 1 year ago
Quoted from duggum:

Hey, I'm the proud new owner of a WCS, of course it's a great game, but they're are a couple of issues I want to take care of.
1) I want to replace the soccer ball. Looking through this topic it looks like the used to be a couple of different sources for the ball, but I've only been able to find it at Marcos. Is that where everyone is buying it these days, or is there a better option?
2) The game came with the old style Cliffy's, which come up off of the playfield a bit. I was thinking of buying the new version that doesn't have that problem, but I've never actually found a link to where to order them. Also, how big an ordeal is it to install them? Am I going up have to take all the ramps first? One of the ramps is slightly deformed that doesn't affect game play, but if I have to take them all off to install Cliffy's I might opt to replace it.
Thanks!

I got my ball several years ago from Marco and its fine

Cliffy - http://www.passionforpinball.com/wcs94.htm

Ramps aren't cheap but they are out there

https://www.starship-fantasy.com/ramps/World-Cup-Soccer-2-ramp-set

ebay.com link: itm

#8047 1 year ago

Ok experts I need some help. It appears thanks to SantaEatsCheese that I may have narrowed down my WCS issue to the soccer ball motor or gearbox or what have and I need know what I should do next

When the ball motor is plugged in it causes the f116 fuse to slow blow. Meaning I can play the game but after a short time it messes up and lights don’t work game won’t start etc. Replace the fuse unplug the motor and I can play the game just fine.

Bad motor bad control board what’s next?

#8050 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Does it happen when the motor is plugged in, and the ball is NOT supposed to be spinning? (Like, in test mode..) If so, then it's not the motor, but the control board. If not, then yeah, the motor's drawing too much power. :/

Ram some tests motor plugged back in and in test mode nothing blows even when running the motor. Played a couple of games letting the motor run and nothing has blown.

Not sure what’s next. Maybe new motor and gearbox anyway just to be in the safe side

Motor does sound louder and scratchier than before but not sure it’s anything out of the norm.

#8051 1 year ago

I do have one new issue I didn’t have before and just noticed. My start button and extra ball button lights don’t work. Switches work lights no. Changed bulbs still no go. They do not affect game play of course.

#8055 1 year ago

anyone have a suggestion on what to check for this?

My start button and extra ball button lights don’t work. Switches work lights no. Changed bulbs still no go. They do not affect game play of course.

Is this a fuse issue perhaps? I checked all of the ones on the driver board and they look fine.

#8057 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

They're part of the light matrix. Wires go from the power driver board (J134 & J136) to the coin door interface board (J3) to the cabinet switches. Check wiring between those. Since it affects both, either a plug is off (J134/J136), or the yellow wire (from J136, that feeds both lamps) is broken.

Thanks will check this when I get home. Seems odd that this would all of the sudden stop working. All other lighting works in the game (went through lamp test).

#8060 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

They're part of the light matrix. Wires go from the power driver board (J134 & J136) to the coin door interface board (J3) to the cabinet switches. Check wiring between those. Since it affects both, either a plug is off (J134/J136), or the yellow wire (from J136, that feeds both lamps) is broken.

Thank you for this it seems J136 was off just enough not to have full contact and thus no lights. Guess I must have bumped it last time I was in the backbox or something.

On another note is there a video or tutorial out there for swapping out the soccer ball motor/gearbox? Anything special I need to know about doing it?

Lastly what does everyone use to clean the soccer ball - novus, naptha, something else? Mine is in good shape (not eaten up or anything) but has that typical dirt line around the bottom.

#8061 1 year ago

So looks like I am missing this plastic as well does this exist anywhere on its own?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8073 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Is that the one that goes on top of the vuk wireform?
If so, pinball pimp made a decal to go on it.
EDIT..... I might be wrong. But it looks similar

Yes it is. I have the decal set and its how I noticed I am missing the plastic, lol.

A fellow forum member is helping me out

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1,059.00
$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gcs2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome?tu=gcs2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.