(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,475 posts
  • 739 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by stompeN
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9193 (resized).jpeg
diverter assembly world cup (resized).png
Screenshot_20240206-183630 (resized).png
PXL_20240206_021502397~3 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240206_021438171 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240206_021337603~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2156 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2156 (resized).jpeg
20240126_183106~2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider explosiveegg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7705 1 year ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

….at what point do two balls lock in the Upper mini Playfield?

The game doesn't really lock two balls up there.

The second switch is used when playing a multiplayer game. As an example. If player 1 has a ball locked. Then player 2 makes the shot to lock their ball as well. It'll capture their ball. Causing both lock switches to activate. Wait a second, then it'll release the first ball.

1 week later
#7730 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

I have the green and black version in a ok good condition, but i would love to have the white and black one.
If i paint mine in white and black will the ball react in the same way as with the rubber non painted ?
Did someone already paint his ball ? how it worked? thanks for your messages
[quoted image]

If you have the funds. I'd suggest just buying a new ball. The fresh rubber adds a lot of action to the game. Well worth the cost.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/23-6709

Marcos also has a $10 off international shipping promo code that end today if you order over $99 dollars in stuff. BOO-NUS22

#7732 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

Unfortunley the company that ships internationally that Marco uses have a problem and the package never live usa... it always return back to Marcos...
I ordered two times, two times went back to Marco ( still i appreciate Marco since they refund me each time , so for now am avoiding buying on Marcos just to not make Marcos spend shipping costs for no reason ), i think the company have an automated system that doesn't read my full adress, and always return back the item to Marco, it's the only company in the USA that i have a problem with, unfortunately...
When i buy things from other people on the USA i sometimes buy from Marco and send it to that person living in the USA, and then that person send to me, but i don't like to bother people with this

That is unfortunate. I don't see anyone else with the white ball in stock and I personally don't think painting it would be a good idea.

As a side note. Here is the green ball for sale. So I don't think the previous owner just painted it himself. He probably was in the same boat you're in and didn't have any alternatives.

https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/world-cup-soccer/10281/soccer-ball-for-world-cup-soccer-green-23-6709?c=2109

2 weeks later
#7751 1 year ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

I can't believe I did this, I have looked through all of my photos and have no idea where this piece goes. Does anybody have any ideas?[quoted image][quoted image]

I looked all over the top of my machine, at least what I could see without taking the glass off and couldn't find anything like that. Do all your VUK have the guide rails on the side (including the ball trough up kicker)?

1 week later
#7760 1 year ago
Quoted from ArnoBosvelt:

Hello,
I have a question about my World Cup Soccer 94 Pinball machine. I have renewed all sleeves and the soccer ball. Since that moment, when the ball hit the soccer ball, the soccer ball is faltering (hope it’s the good word) and the motor is decreasing in rates / speed… When I install the old soccer ball again the problem has gone… The old soccer ball is spinning in a constant speed. Does anyone recognizing this? Hope you understand my problem with it…
Greets,
Arno

Does the new ball have more tack? If so, it's probably gripping onto the ball for longer which would cause it to slow down for a moment. I would consider this normal operation.

3 weeks later
#7816 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

My goalie switch 48 isn’t registering. I was looking and it seems like this wire isn’t connected and is causing a problem. Thoughts? Also is there a diode that goes there?
[quoted image]

Looks like you're missing a diode.

20221219_233018 (resized).jpg20221219_233018 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#7848 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkubat:

Wondering if anyone has this topper:
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-toppers/wcs/
If so, any pics? Sorry in advance if this came up before. I read through almost all pages of this thread but didn’t see it.
Thanks.

I personally find that classic playfields makes good quality products. I've ordered a backglass, speaker panel, and plastic sets from them. That being said, I'm not a fan of the look of this topper. At the end of the day, I like my toppers with some depth, so a flat plastic piece typically does not satisfy me. However, if you like it, I'd say go for it.

There is a lot of diy topper options available for this game.

From my understanding the game came with a little topper that was a bunch of flags. This can be found here for pretty cheap: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1925-18-SP

A lot of people like to add a replica of the world cup trophy which you can find on Amazon starting around $15. I imagine it would really shine if you put some led strip lighting around it too. https://www.amazon.com/EOFLW-Replica-Collectibles-Bedroom-Desktop/dp/B0BNJ3SQPS/ref=mp_s_a_1_1

I personally attached a generic ball holder to a disco ball motor to have a slowly rotating flag ball as my topper. I think it looks good, but I'm sure it's not everyone's taste. The ball was won at an arcade a while back and the disco motor I had sitting around. So it was a cheap option for me. I've attached a picture of it.

Being as striker was the official mascot of the world cup in 94 and it was held in the US. You can find little statues and things for the event on eBay and stuff that would make a good topper. From my understanding they had a different one for each location. I live near Pontiac, so here is the one they had at the Silverdome. I believe it cost me around $10 at one of my local thrift stores.

20230111_003112 (resized).jpg20230111_003112 (resized).jpg20230111_003154 (resized).jpg20230111_003154 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#7871 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

That does look good! I like the purple effect for the kick-out holes. Did you change the plastic out underneath each of those to something other than red? Or is it just a purple bulb doing that?

The saucer shields are typically purple in this game.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-9101-18

#7878 1 year ago
Quoted from Arsenal129:

Hi there. Comet Pinball has an add on lighting kit for WCS. It includes 3 spotlights and a trough light for $37.99. Presumably they provide suggestions for where to install the spotlights. I am curious as to whether anyone has purchased this kit and what their thoughts were about the kit and the changes to the lighting of the pin. Thanks.

I did.

It does brighten up the game pretty well.

Though you don't necessarily need the kit, you could just buy the parts yourself. One goes on the right sling, another goes on the left ramp facing the goalie, and the third goes on the left ramp facing the left loop (I didn't like the look of this one so I left this one off).

I choose to light the posts by the slingshots, light my pop bumpers, the scoop, the trough, and put led strips on the stadium lights on the back top of the game too.

As a side note, red bendies really light up the rollover stars really well.

I've attached a before and after, though they were taken at very different times so I'm not sure if the overhead lighting was different. I also did more lighting than just the kit.

20220604_114852.jpg20220604_114852.jpg

20220409_173448.jpg20220409_173448.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ann Arbor, MI
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits
Electronics
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider explosiveegg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome?tu=explosiveegg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.