(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,472 posts
  • 739 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by AlexRogan84
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9193 (resized).jpeg
diverter assembly world cup (resized).png
Screenshot_20240206-183630 (resized).png
PXL_20240206_021502397~3 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240206_021438171 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240206_021337603~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2156 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2156 (resized).jpeg
20240126_183106~2 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240126_231544_Photos (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240126_231433_Photos (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240121-145234 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ellray.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#583 10 years ago

Welcoming myself to the WCS community! I picked my pin up (first ever--I'm told they reproduce in one's basement though) about 2 hours from my house after going to look at a Whirlwind. Whirlwind wasn't it for me, but I loved the WCS, so I convinced the owner to part with it (but not cheaply).

I am loving the game and have just a couple issues. First, the game was missing the small plastic that sits above the TV Award/Final Draw hole. I've purchased lexan with the idea of making a replacement, which I still may do, but thought it would be worth checking here, since that doesn't seem to be one of the most-often broken pieces.

Second, I need to troubleshoot the goal/striker hole optos. I've cleaned the goal trough optos well, and the wires seem solidly soldered. The switches will work perfectly for a time and then start misbehaving--either not detecting goals or spontaneously detecting balls through the trough when there aren't any (and then attempting to kick the non-existent balls out repeatedly). My best guess is a loose wire somewhere. I'm hoping it isn't a board issue, though it does seem odd that both opto sets would be involved (or does a detected goal lead to the striker hole being "told" that there's a ball to kick out regardless of whether the optos see one or not?)

Oh, and I am curious about the soccer ball--mine (a brand new replacement) spins always counter-clockwise, but I've read in a couple places that it can sometimes run clockwise. Is that part of the difficulty setting? Or is it some sort of one-off oddity on games that run it in different directions? (Guess I could investigate the difficulty setting myself .

Anyway, thanks to everyone participating in this forum topic. I've read alot and hope to see much more in the future.

#585 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Welcome.
Go back and grab the Whirlwind if it was cheap.

I'm a player, not a collector, but I know Whirlwind is a sought-after machine. It was sold to a Chicago buyer (from out of Lewiston ID) soon after I drove my WCS back to Spokane. It was in nice shape, but I preferred the more solid feel of the WCS.

#590 10 years ago
Quoted from ellray:

First, the game was missing the small plastic that sits above the TV Award/Final Draw hole. I've purchased lexan with the idea of making a replacement, which I still may do, but thought it would be worth checking here, since that doesn't seem to be one of the most-often broken pieces.

wcs-plastics2.jpgwcs-plastics2.jpg

This is the plastic (circled) that I'm missing. If anyone has one to sell me, please let me know! Thanks!

#592 10 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

that one is always broken and hard to find good luck

Ouch. I thought I read about a couple others that were the most frequently broken. C'est la vie. I guess I'll be making my poor substitute from Lexan and a photocopy.

#594 10 years ago
Quoted from ellray:

Oh, and I am curious about the soccer ball--mine (a brand new replacement) spins always counter-clockwise, but I've read in a couple places that it can sometimes run clockwise. Is that part of the difficulty setting? Or is it some sort of one-off oddity on games that run it in different directions? (Guess I could investigate the difficulty setting myself .
Anyway, thanks to everyone participating in this forum topic. I've read alot and hope to see much more in the future.

OK, I tried setting the Preset to Very Easy, and the soccer ball still spins counter-clockwise. Anyone else have a clue about why it would spin different directions on different machines? (And, I seem to recall seeing, switching directions at times for some people!)

#597 10 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Doesn't it spin a different direction in the World Cup final? I thought it did...

Hmmm, I suppose that's possible, since I never look beyond the 6 square inches around the flippers during the Final!

(Later....)
You inspired me to check it out...it took a few games, but I got there and--yes! it does change direction during the Final!

#599 10 years ago

Done...thanks for the tip. It does make more sense (I think) for it to spin clockwise during regular play and counterclockwise during the Final.

3 weeks later
#624 10 years ago

My back ramp has some nasty looking repair done on it back near the diverter--it works fine but looks bad. Does anyone know of a US vendor that has the back ramps? I've only found one in Australia: http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/parts-by-machine/bally-parts/world-cup-soccer-94/03-9107-5.html

ramp-repair-981.jpgramp-repair-981.jpg
#633 10 years ago

Mark, from Pinball Spare Parts (Australia) reports that they have 10 in stock, there are none currently available in the US, and US shipping would run from $60-$80 on top of the $100+ AU price for the ramp.

Thanks to all the other replies about the (hopefully) imminent domestic ramp set production. I think I'll wait for now, given that I'm not suffering functionally.

Quoted from ellray:

My back ramp has some nasty looking repair done on it back near the diverter--it works fine but looks bad. Does anyone know of a US vendor that has the back ramps? I've only found one in Australia: http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/parts-by-machine/bally-parts/world-cup-soccer-94/03-9107-5.html

ramp-repair-981.jpg 114 KB

#635 10 years ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

does any one in the club have a scan or pdf file of the "official licensed product" decal on side of cab. i have a friend that can print a high quality replacement but i don't personally have a portable scanner .

2014-02-11 17.40.38.jpg 140 KB

I'll PM you a pdf (assuming I can figure out PM

1 week later
#708 10 years ago
Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

I think I may be the only pinsider here who owns this game and hasn't LED'd it out yet. I do have to admit that there are more than a few games shown here that look fantastic with the new light show though. I wonder if it is the green/purple/blue color scheme?

You're not entirely alone...I haven't gone whole hog with LEDs yet. I find them sometimes a bit too harsh, but I have placed a few on my playfield--the blue under the tackle insert is nice. I'll probably do the cities before long--I find them just a bit dim (and the inserts are clean).

#720 10 years ago

That's all I did and it worked perfectly. And you know it's right because suddenly you're getting "header" goals from the left kickout (off the spinning ball and past the hapless keeper!).

#727 10 years ago

I believe it should spin clockwise during regular play and change during the World Cup Final multiball. When the ball kicks out of the "corner kick" left-hand outlane while goal is lit (so the ball is spinning), you will occasionally get a nice bump off the ball directly into the goal, resulting in a "bicycle kick" animation on the DMD and 10 million points. That tells me that this was the designed direction of the spin.

I don't know how so many games, though, like mine, were wired for counter-clockwise spin. If the clockwise spin, and thus corner kick-out goals, was really meant to happen only during the World Cup Final (when you're madly flipping and shooting balls), you'd never get a chance to see any of the DMD bicycle kick animation.

#732 10 years ago

That's the World Cup Final (not just the Final Draw multiball). Once you make it to LA, your next multiball is The World Cup Final (and, yes, I think it's always Germany), and you get unlimited balls. The game keeps putting up balls as long as there's one in the trough to push up. But you'll find that wildly shooting and flipping doesn't necessarily get you the most goals, as the balls tend to interfere with your goal shots from the flippers. Enjoy it the next time 'round!

#744 10 years ago

Enjoy your kick-out ("corner kick") goals off the spinning ball!

#750 10 years ago

Wow, I could see finding an old '50s or '60s backglass in a gallery, but WCS? Sweet.

#756 10 years ago
Quoted from tpn2011:

Hey guys wcs will get. Delivered in a week or 2 game is nice but is going to need a new Soccer ball where is the best place to buy from I remember hearing some do not look as good or hold up as well as others ???

Marco looks like the place to me, but I can't vouch for the quality. I think all of them will suffer to some degree from the black chipping.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/23-6709

1 month later
#900 9 years ago
Quoted from diesel:

Just had my World Cup pinnie serviced by a so called pinball technician
and charged $784 dollars Australian.
Some of the issues I found or had happened after a week

I'll be heading down to see him tomorrow with more than an angry face!!!!

Good luck getting it straight. (Did you change your avatar for this exchange?)

#936 9 years ago
Quoted from diesel:

Can you ellray or anyone else on this forum tell me if the correct mounting bracket / ball deflector has been installed (refer to photo below). I thought the plastic above the mounting bracket / ball deflector is supposed to sit flat???

worldcupsoccer4.jpg 85 KB

I'm afraid mine is very similar with my plastic also pushed up a bit. My WCS is definitely a "players" machine with hot glued ramp repair and the like. The playing surface is perfect, though, and the Cliffys keep it from deteriorating around the holes, and all the mechanisms work perfectly, so I'm happy. Just waiting for the anticipated new ramp sets to come out, assuming that is still in the plans.

#951 9 years ago
Quoted from nighttaco:

So how exactly is the magnet save supposed to work? Mine doesn't seem to ever do anything.....

In my experience, the magnet save only works on balls that are bouncing between the flippers (that rare bounce that comes off dangerously close to the drain). It's not strong enough to grab balls that are coming from higher up the table. I'd call it the one design flaw (though there's no cost to not use it).

#954 9 years ago
Quoted from Manhattan:

A great time to use it is when you engage the second TV Award (Extra Ball) and the ball ejects from the scoop. Engage magnet and it will often freeze on that left flipper giving you a fairly easy shot at the Striker Hole (for extra ball). Try it, works on my machine...

Good idea. My kick-out is fairly consistent and allows me to choose between a catch on the left flipper or bounce to the right one. With the bounce, though, there is always the rare possibility of the ball hitting exactly on the guide/flipper line and glancing straight down the flipper.

1 week later
#979 9 years ago

Yep, the ball is loud. Incentive to quickly score a goal! Seriously, I'm a bit surprised there are no aftermarket replacement motor/drive assemblies that could do the job more quietly. I looked at getting into the gears to lube them, but it didn't look painless, so I bailed.

2 weeks later
#1016 9 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

So is it worth getting Cliffys if I already have hole and scoop wear and how hard is it to install Cliffys?
I will get a new Soccer ball - which is a good place to buy from? Are some better than others?
Also, I need a right ramp - will they ever be reproduced?

Not sure you'll find this a deeper rules game, but it is fun.

Cliffys are annoying to install on this machine due to the layers of things that need to come off the playfield to access the holes (and goal area). Your call on whether it's worth it on your machine. You can also run into an issue with the "assist" hole cliffy impeding the shot to goal--not insurmountable, I think, but I've read about others who had a problem with it (I didn't with mine). And I find that they occasionally don't want to stay perfectly flat to the playfield--also fixable.

New ramps will supposedly be available from Pinball Inc (https://www.facebook.com/PinballInc) sometime "soon". I was told via message that they are next in the design/manufacturing queue.

The soccer ball is important to the gameplay, so good that you're replacing yours if it's lost its "stick".

See you in the World Cup Final!

#1020 9 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

How? My free kick hole doesnt stay down at all any more :-/

OK, by "fixable", I guess I meant theoretically fixable: I've had some luck simply going in and re-pressing the offending cliffy into place. It also looked (on my game) like the problem was caused by screwholes that are just slightly off, and if it were bad enough, I'd attempt to drill or file the hole on the cliffy to better match the playfield. Another possibility is some re-applied adhesive, though I don't know what I'd recommend.

Though pins aren't probably going to last forever, it does feel good preventing cumulative damage that could eventually require some serious playfield repair.

1 week later
#1052 9 years ago
Quoted from louvnj:

Luckily, I just got a bunch of used plastics this week to replace a different one that was missing.

I'm still looking for the plastic that sits above the TV Award hole. I'm guessing that's the one you needed (or it wasn't included in what you got), but if not, I'm interested. I have a poorly-home-made replacement there now.

#1057 9 years ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

I have one that was given to me. I was able to get a new plastic set when they were available recently. I will pass it along to you if you'd like
PM sent

Big bump, Willie! Thanks much! Looks like a big improvement over mine for sure.

1 week later
#1071 9 years ago

I had a problem with my WCS pop up recently that I was able to solve and just thought I'd pass along the info in case it ever arises for someone else, since I wasn't able to find anything about it online. (This probably wouldn't even have stumped an experienced pinsider, but I am definitely still on the learning curve.)

The problem was that on Final Draw multiball, if the ball kicked up to the shooter wasn't put into play immediately, a second ball would be kicked up. And I also had a test message about the position 3 trough opto, so the solution seemed simple and logical--repair the opto, which, if it was bad could easily lead to a situation where the game would think it hadn't yet kicked up a ball when in fact it had.

Well the problem with the opto was simply alignment (pressing on the transmitter pcb would change the switch position), and there isn't much to be done to change the alignment of the led/receiver path, as both components are tightly soldered to pcbs that include the other 5 trough optos. By loosening the mount screws for the transmitter optos, I was able to get the #3 opto to behave in the switch test. Job done I thought.

And, in fact, the first Final Draw worked as expected--no 2nd ball kicked up--but the subsequent ones reverted to the old behavior, kicking up 2nd balls in every case.

The switch test showed the the #3 opto was working fine, so at this point I was perplexed. On no other occasions did the pin show confusion about how many balls had been kicked up, so it had to be something about the multiball setup. And it didn't seem logical that it would be some random electronic problem in the boards.

Finally, after scouring the manual for a bit, I re-did the trough opto testing with balls in the trough. That showed me that the #3 opto was still misbehaving when there were balls in the trough! The weight of the balls was apparently enough to put off the operation of the opto.

I took off the apron to get at the playfield above the trough, and found one of the trough mount screws to be very loose (although I don't think it could affect anything about the alignment--the opto pcbs are mounted directly to the trough). I also installed a plastic trough insert that I'd had on hand. And finally, I cleaned all the opto receivers and re-mounted both the transmitter and receiver opto pcbs.

After all of the above, the trough switch tested solid, and Final Draw is back to a 3-ball multiball.

#1098 9 years ago

Got it, thanks! You are right, it seems like I have very little control of which hole the ball will end up. I will get some Cliffy sleeves and change the color also.
Saw your pictures and what a great arcade you have by the way! You have so many great titles.

Actually, I find that the skill shot is highly dependent on the state of the shooter rod. If it's loose and fluid without any stickiness, and the spring isn't too stiff, then the shot is much easier. I find that the center shot is default (easiest and usually where I miss when going for the short or long shot), so I start with short, then do the other 2 in any order.

#1099 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut3:

oh yeah it on the top front edge. It would have to be a crazy ball to hit it.

That theoretical crazy ball would come off the lip of the assist hole--I get air on those shots regularly, though generally not as high as the crossbar.

#1104 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Really? Sounds like that coil is a bit strong if you hit the top bar from the assist hole.

No, I meant an occasional strong flipper shot that runs across the assist hole lip, which causes it to go airborne before hitting the goal. And it may never have hit the crossbar for me, but I wouldn't be shocked if one did at some point. Eventually, it seems like you see everything on these games.

1 month later
#1138 9 years ago

I'm not sure there was a specific design plan, but mine hits the left slingshot as well.

#1150 9 years ago

On the left side, the ball can bounce off the post, go up under the Cup Magnet lock and out the top by where the Travel arrow is. This is cool. Is that the left sling you are talking about?
How often would you say it drains or goes to the kickback? With my game it happens 50%+ of the time making it hard to move up cities without having the kick back lit up.

No, (though that up-and-out action in the outlane sounds cool ). It should hit the slingshot:

left slingshot, WCS 94left slingshot, WCS 94

#1152 9 years ago

I wouldn't say my WCS is super-fast. Maybe your flippers are just newer or more-recently rebuilt. That's a good thing.

#1172 9 years ago

This is great info. I passed the link along to IPDB. Cheers RD!

1 month later
#1213 9 years ago

Right on both criticism counts, though I would think that "keeper" would suffice for the goalkeeper. I think the errors reflect the state of "soccer" in the US in 1994 (OK, and our woeful grasp of world geography). Thankfully we've progressed a bit since then in our participation and knowledge (though our kids still don't play much pick-up soccer, so we're unlikely to compete at the highest level for a few more men's World Cups).

After raising a boy and girl to both play, EPL, Champions League, and international soccer are about 90% of the sports my wife and I watch on TV. The appreciation of the game comes from watching the kids progress over the years; the entertainment of professional soccer comes from the incredible skill and the players' personalities. (Really, Suarez? You need intervention? Again?! Maybe Barcelona can fix you.)

Oh, and I grew up playing American football...sigh. I can chase soccer balls happily into my sixties, but old football players are pretty much stuck with jogging for exercise (or playing adult soccer poorly like I do).

1 week later
#1232 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

It seems like the kind of game where weak flippers would REALLY hurt the overall experience.

You're right; flipper strength has to be sufficient to get the ball up the ramps and to hit the goal from either flipper.

1 week later
#1306 9 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

Ramps are in progress with Pinball Inc, per James. CPR has made plastics, I've used a couple sets.

I'm pretty sure that Starship Fantasy bought Pinball Inc's ramp business:

http://www.starship-fantasy.com/ramps
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Starship-Fantasy/425677310856707

They do, however, still play on bringing out the WCS ramp set "next".

1 week later
#1333 9 years ago

Question - had a good game yesterday and went up against Germany in the finals and ended with a tie! I think I recall I plunged a ball and scored quickly and won the match!
Anyone have info on a tied match? Did you have a set amount of time to score or you would lose? Any idea how long you have to score to win? I don't remember going over the tie in the rules.

I'm guessing there's a somewhat random amount of time before Germany "scores", and that the range of times is shorter for the more difficult settings.

#1344 9 years ago

Here are some images...

underside-bottom.jpgunderside-bottom.jpg underside-middle.jpgunderside-middle.jpg underside-top.jpgunderside-top.jpg
2 weeks later
#1352 9 years ago

I think I had to do that (just to clear the rubber from the hole). You should be able to see the exact location from the bottom (inside) of the ball (center of the square) if I remember correctly.

2 months later
#1502 9 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

I'm thinking the striker plastic is useless and the decal just goes right on the metal bracket but I just don't really know.

I think it's the other way around. You want the plastic (and bracket) but don't need the decal.

#1504 9 years ago
Quoted from ellray:

I think it's the other way around. You want the plastic (and bracket) but don't need the decal.

Oops...hope you didn't listen to me. I checked it last night and it does indeed look like just a decal on the metal bracket (as everyone else has said). Sorry for the confusion!

1 week later
#1515 9 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

- anyone know the length of this missing post (or part #?)

Sorry for the delayed response here, but I'm not sure my pin has standard parts there. What I have is a cylindrical black plastic spacer (about an inch) that is attached to the Lock plastic with small tabs (through a hole in the plastic). A long screw threads through the spacer and down into the plastic below the switch. It does not slide through the plastic--it must be screwed through. Hope this helps.

wcs-post2.jpgwcs-post2.jpg wcs-post1-98.jpgwcs-post1-98.jpg wcs-post-431.jpgwcs-post-431.jpg
2 months later
#1582 9 years ago
Quoted from LoserKid_Pinball:

Does anyone have a problem with light free kick holes shooting it right between the flippers?

You should be able to tweak the strength of the kick-out by cleaning or adjusting the mechanism(s). One of mine used to weakly drop the ball near the top of the slingshot, which was similarly dangerous for the life of the ball.

#1616 8 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I just bought one of these. Is the magna save as useless as it seems, or does it benefit from replacing that magnet? Mine works, but SDTM seems to avoid the magnet field, maybe there is a slight bend, but it pretty much has to be near the left flipper tip, and very well timed to be able to remotely work right. If it catches, it's super strong after that.
This is making me wonder if this is why in all the papa video's no one ever wastes using this feature over trying their usual SDTM defence.

I'm guessing I played 200+ games before selling my WCS, and I didn't use it successfully once. It is too weak to catch a ball that is draining from the middle/upper part of the playfield, and I could never remember to hit it when I mucked up a catch and the ball was gently bouncing from the flipper/inlane rail to the drain. That was the only situation that it seemed like it would be useful for--that slow-moving ball that is headed for the drain.

2 weeks later
#1644 8 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

Is the adjustment to turn off the special challenge what turns off the knocker? It scares the crap out of my dog and girlfriend.

Stop playing so well.

3 weeks later
#1688 8 years ago
Quoted from curtis:

I have to wait for the machine to go into the locating the ball mode before it is ejected.

During multiball, the machine does take over the assist triggering (usually with perfect timing). But it should never lose track of the ball (and go into "locating ball mode"). You may have an issue with the upper eject hole switch (#55 in the matrix). Use the diagnostics to test with a ball. It may just need a tweak to make it more sensitive.

#1690 8 years ago

See page 1-20 of the manual (Eject Hole Test). It describes adjustment of timing and direction of the kick-out. If you don't have a manual, look here-> http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/2811/Bally_1994_World_Cup_Soccer_Manual.pdf

Hopefully adjusting it perfectly in general makes it work better during multi-ball as well.

1 week later
#1695 8 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

...it seems that it only misses when I don't have jackpot lit. So maybe that's just how it's supposed to work.

(Just in case...) during normal play it should allow you to time the shot yourself with a flipper button press.

1 week later
#1731 8 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Does the soccer ball really interfere with the ball while you play?
On the game I played, it pretty much did nothing when the ball hit it. I was thinking that if I were to get this title, I might put a thin bead of silicone around the bottom of the soccer ball to fling things around. Maybe it does normally and the example I was playing was just worn out?

As the ball oxidizes, it loses its "stick" just as you suspect. A new ball will produce many more "header" goals and knock the ball around much more. Silicone application is an interesting idea--can't see why it wouldn't work.

4 weeks later
#1784 8 years ago
Quoted from Evan55:

anyone hear anything about those ramp repros that were supposed to be in the works for a couple years now?

I posted a question (again) to their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Starship-Fantasy/425677310856707?fref=ts

They have a website as well, but the email seems to be broken (doesn't appear to send--if it is sending, it's still broken, as it gives no indication and leads to multiple 'Sends').

2 months later
#1876 8 years ago

I don't know of any games that have lower flippers that aren't symmetrically positioned (same angles and offsetting positions). Are there some?

4 weeks later
#1940 8 years ago
Quoted from Lockenick:

During gameplay does the ball ever change the direction it is spinning? If it only ever spins in one direction, which is the correct direction, CW or CCW?

Actually, it should spin clockwise (helping balls into the goal, especially from the left drain 'corner kick' shooter to create "header" goals) during regular play and counter-clockwise during World Cup Final play. This was mentioned quite a way back in the thread (post #599 or so), but I verified it on my (then) pin.

1 week later
#1954 8 years ago

Yeah, I would just make sure everything is adjusted and working--and enjoy! The one thing you might want to be sure of is that the soccer ball isn't badly oxidized: the balls should grip the soccer ball rim and be thrown/spun when they make contact--they shouldn't slide off of it. If it needs replacing, here's one place to go: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/23-6709

2 weeks later
#1971 8 years ago

Flipper strength: does sound like they might be stronger than standard--maybe check the coils that are installed?

Pop bumpers: yes, nudging is necessary, but the best is to nudge to get the ball into the better lane and use flipper buttons to unlight that lane if necessary. And definitely clean your pop bumper contacts with a paper credit card and tighten the gap if necessary.

Your experience with the Magna-save matches mine exactly. Good idea that just doesn't work practically. Some people, though, use it with a catch to set up a repeatable shot. Maybe someone will chime in about that here.

The assist shot mechanism should be able to be cleaned and reworked to make it stronger. The manual actually recommends light lubrication of these mechanisms.

1 month later
#1994 8 years ago

The manual talks about lubricating the moving points of the eject mechanisms. It also discusses eject hole manual testing (from the game's 'Utilities' menu) as actuating long enough to allow adjustment of the projecting arm. Lubrication is usually a last resort step at most. Make sure the cliffy is lying flat above the kickout hole. Check the wiring connections to the coil. Maybe replace the coil tube (nylon part the piston slides in) and check the piston for smoothness.

1 month later
#2030 8 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Cliffy Protector. Used to protect the edge of the wood on a cut (kickout, hole, etc..)

To be even more clear: http://www.passionforpinball.com/protectors.htm

1 month later
#2120 8 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Thanks for the explanation.
Once I shoot a goal the ball keeps an spinning and the goalie keeps on moving?

Nope, only during the World Cup Final. They should both stop and await you hitting all four of the center-playfield rollover stars before they start up again.

4 months later
#2553 7 years ago

and I'm under the impression that "habitrail" describes an under-playfield track.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Playfields
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Electronics
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 180.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement
Cabinet parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ellray.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome?tu=ellray and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.