(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider duster72.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7850 1 year ago

I commissioned an artist to create a topper design for me featuring some all-time great pre-94 players (I didn't really want Romario or Baggio on my topper). So far her work is exceeding my expectations. Once I get the final design I will post it here for advice on who to have manufacture it. Maybe we can get a group buy going with someone and get something really nice.

#7853 1 year ago
Quoted from Arsenal129:

That’s a nice idea Duster 72. Care to mention which players you were thinking of? Pele, Beckenbauer, Cruyff perhaps?

I went with Pele, Maradona, and Gerd Muller. Beckenbauer and Cruyff were also on my list but I decided that 3 was a good number and I always feel like Gerd gets forgotten in these discussions. Since Brazil, Germany and Argentina had won 8 of the 10 World Cups before 1994 I thought those three countries should be represented. Anyway, here's the artist's rough draft. I asked her to replace the world cup logo with the tagline "Where Legends Are Made" - I thought that would tie the historic players into the concept of the game.

19C5ABAC-6594-4BB2-9C67-BC24DB3FD27A (resized).jpeg19C5ABAC-6594-4BB2-9C67-BC24DB3FD27A (resized).jpeg

#7854 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

That's awesome, but you gotta have Roberto Baggio in there. Possibly even Giuseppe Signori too. Or the best player from every country at those 94 games. Just a friendly and respectful suggestion.

The problem is that I am a stickler for details and this pinball machine came out 4 months before the world cup. So including players that played well in the tournament makes sense in retrospect but I wanted this to look like a topper that was made when the game came out. That's why I asked her to match the art style of the playfield and cabinet as closely as possible. Also, honestly, I just thought having some of the best players of all time was more fun than players that many people today wouldn't recognize. But yes, my original idea was Baggio, Romario, and Stoichkov.

#7856 1 year ago

If you guys want a version with those three players I could ask her how much she would need to make a second version with those three guys and we could try to have both versions produced. I didn't commission this artwork to sell - just for my own personal use.

#7861 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkubat:

I'm guessing you caught this but thought I would mention it just in case, the word goal is misspelled on your image. [quoted image]

Yep, I caught it. The artist's first language is not English.

#7864 1 year ago

My bottom arch kicker started getting stuck in the "kicked out" position so balls couldn't drain down the left outlane. Everything looked original and very worn on the assembly so I went ahead and ordered a new kicker, spring, coil sleeve, and rubber grommet. The new assembly seemed to work much better when testing by hand, but after a few games the assembly got stuck in the up position again. Any suggestions?

3 weeks later
#7901 1 year ago

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the stupid question - what is the correct part name for this piece? What was the original bulb color? I thought I had seen a mod for this area with stadium style lights but can't find it any more. Does that ring a bell with anyone? Thanks!

WCS Back Panel (resized).jpgWCS Back Panel (resized).jpg
#7903 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

Are you looking for the plastic name or the light board p/n (I believe A-17713 is the right one)?
The lights originally had a yellow plastic cover on them. All the lights in the machine were originally incandescent.

Thank you very much!

7 months later
#8289 6 months ago

Troubleshooting help please - sorry, I'm new to fixing these older games.

Never had any mechanical issues with this game in the year I have had it. I was playing a game last night. Drained a ball. Next ball did not eject into the trough. I opened the coin door and manually ejected a ball. Shot the ball into the VUK and it did not fire the coil to shoot the ball up.

Is there a power board I need to look at? The bumpers, flippers, goalie, and ball were all working correctly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 1,159.00
$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider duster72.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome?tu=duster72 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.