(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3357 6 years ago

Hey guys – need some tech help on this game.

Rollover switches 1-4 (red circles leading to the goal) and two switches on each side of the left ramp don’t work. I suspect they’re all on the same line and one is out? I haven’t had a chance to look into it further but any advice and what to focus on? I believe the wire that connects them all is green and blue.

#3359 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

More than any other game my WCS has flaky switches that just end up being the switches. Trace the wires back, make sure no breaks or broken diodes, and maybe swap in a good switch and test it before monkeying around with the switch matrix.

Thanks. Will def double check when I get home. Any chance it could be a blown fuse or is it def wire/switches?

#3361 6 years ago

Thanks for the quick responses. If you happen to have a chance to take a pic of this area, please post so I can compare. I've been trying to get as many as possible to see where mine is different (assuming it's not an obvious break).

#3364 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks for the quick responses. If you happen to have a chance to take a pic of this area, please post so I can compare. I've been trying to get as many as possible to see where mine is different (assuming it's not an obvious break).

So checked wires and everything looks fine. I checked with meter and there seems to be some current. I'm not an electric guy but a signal is present in all. This might be the U20 chip. I'm going to replace and see as I have an extra.

EDIT - It was the U20 chip. Tricky SOB but all good with rollovers.

#3365 6 years ago

Does anyone have the part number or know the spring for the Diverter plunger? I need to replace mine. Not the small one that is below but the spring that should be on the rod that actually goes into the coil. It's not in the manual. Thanks!

1 week later
#3370 6 years ago

I joined as well. This is prob the best pin for your money out there. 3k and you get so much. Spinners modes physical locks toys it's all there

1 month later
#3471 6 years ago
Quoted from doublestack:

I've never been really super into color dmd's. I will say though, I am contemplating getting one for wcs. I've only seen the few clips so far, but man this game would really pop with one. There is so much color on the playfield and especially after a good LED job this just makes sense. I'd probably go LED on the display if I purchase one.

exactly this. So much color in the game that the bland orange dmd really sticks out. i sold mine recently but it would be already be in the mail if I still had it.
EDIT - i can def see owning it again. It is simple but fun.

2 weeks later
#3510 6 years ago

Does anyone have a pic of what the official topper looks like for this game?

#3512 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

AFAIK, if by 'official' you mean 'from factory' - there wasn't.
If you mean something else by 'official', I don't know.

OK - thought there was thanks.

#3517 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Interesting - I never knew that existed. Never have seen it on a game. Good find! Anyone have one on theirs?

That's the one

#3520 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Yeah, me too. For $20 I figured what the hell and ordered one.

I thought it's sold out and hard to find now

#3522 6 years ago

Nice - i just bought too. I like how it looks. Put a ball in the middle of that for full effect.

#3523 6 years ago

Is the color dmd not out yet? Thought it was but can't find anywhere...

#3526 6 years ago

well bring it on! btw - these color dmds, they are not game specific meaning I can take one out of another pin and put it in the WCS, get the file (when it's released) and be set right?

Thinking about LCD vs LED on this game too. I'm going to (re)join the club soon. Miss this game. Def best value game out there and I'm entering at the 3k mark. I know they used to be even lower!

#3529 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

The display is the same, the power cabling is unique to Stern, Williams, etc tho, so a Stern to Williams might not be a straight swap. There are some older CDMDs that might not have the memory to run newer games I hear, but I haven't run into that.
I usually go LED for the brightness, color intensity and easy install, but there are a few nice LCD advantages, like various modes, more color gradations, etc. If you're wondering what one to get, get an LCD so you get all the options.

Thanks - I might be buying a Dredd soon with color and I might swap it to my WCS. I'm assuming that is possible?

If so, I checked the color dmd website and JD is out of stock. If these are interchangeable (assuming you're going Williams/Bally to Williams/Bally) why not just buy another Williams/Bally in stock like Junkyard?

#3531 6 years ago

oh ok got it.

#3541 6 years ago

does anyone sell individual plastics? I prob just need one (it's the bigger one that has the plastic by the slide tackle icon (typical break point for these games).....Rather not buy the entire thing...

#3548 6 years ago

I got mine as well. No machine yet though but might get it eventually.... Have my eye on a few others over it

Speaking of is there any way to repair wear that occurs around the rollover red switches?

1 week later
#3576 6 years ago

color DMD is a must in this game. I might need to buy this again....when I owned it before I wished it was color.

2 weeks later
#3636 6 years ago

If you like dots, LED no question. If you don't mind breaking the tradition and having it look more modern, LCD all the way b/c it offers that option and it offers dots. I'm an LCD guy as it gives me both.

#3651 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Here's a HIRES vid from YouTube. Looks good but yeah, I'll stick to the dots.
» YouTube video

That looks great. Damn I might need to get back in this club.

#3670 6 years ago

looking to rejoin the club - anyone wants to drop out, pm me. Trade nice RBION or cash.

1 year later
#5255 4 years ago

Looking for a nice wcs pm if interested. Thanks

#5282 4 years ago

Can you take a picture of the game off? Is it just a big grey display? Actually looks pretty good on...

4 months later
#5514 4 years ago

Thoughts on led or lcd for color on this?

I think it's over if the best color packages they did....

4 weeks later
#5574 4 years ago

My topper just sits up by itself.... No brackets needed

20200205_210402 (resized).jpg20200205_210402 (resized).jpg
#5576 4 years ago
Quoted from Toine79:

Whow, that playfield is crisp clear.
Did you use stadium lights?

no that's standard. Found this game is pretty good without them. I do use comet LEDs throughout (2md) and I have some additional lights under the slings. It's a very nice example of WCS.

2 weeks later
#5606 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Major thanks...that looks great!!! Think I'll have to go for it...

Really? I think the new one looks washed out compared to original which has much more pop. Was thinking of doing the same until I actually looked at them side by side.

1 week later
#5641 4 years ago

so I realized that I was getting multiple lamps lighting up during single lamp test and found the culprit. When I removed the plug from the A-18067 board, everything went back to normal. This board controls ultra jets and ultra spinners (46 and 47 and two others). See pics attached.

The board must be bad right? I searched online - didn't see a local place with replacement.

Anyone have experience with this?

20200313_212508 (resized).jpg20200313_212508 (resized).jpg20200313_212514 (resized).jpg20200313_212514 (resized).jpg
#5644 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Looks like you have a bridge of a connection (circled in blue). The only way the two red areas should have a connection is with a bulb in between them. This board isn't 'bad', but does need some TLC. First step - Just make sure there isn't continuity between the two red points using your DMM. EDIT: After looking closer I may be seeing something else, but take the bulb out and examine the board better and/or send us some better pics.
[quoted image]

I checked and it's just the pic. There is sep b/w the two Reds.

Here are some super close up pics. Thanks in advance!

20200313_220801 (resized).jpg20200313_220801 (resized).jpg20200313_220810 (resized).jpg20200313_220810 (resized).jpg20200313_220815 (resized).jpg20200313_220815 (resized).jpg20200313_220824 (resized).jpg20200313_220824 (resized).jpg20200313_220828 (resized).jpg20200313_220828 (resized).jpg20200313_220832 (resized).jpg20200313_220832 (resized).jpg20200313_220837 (resized).jpg20200313_220837 (resized).jpg
#5651 4 years ago

GREAT job fellas! That was it. Cleaned it up with the iron. All good! Thanks!

5 months later
#5951 3 years ago

question - in my game if I have a ripper going from left orbit and it goes all the way around it will almost always bounce to the left outlane and drane.

Is the normal for this game or is my game not balanced (even though it says it is!). I usually have to nudge my way out of it but it's tough.

#5955 3 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

There's a ball guide and two posts there that may need adjustment if they send the ball directly to the outlane. Mine exits (after a "travel" shot) and hits the middle of the left sling. It was designed purposefully like that to send the ball out of control as stated by chuckwurt. I've played one where it sent the ball directly to the left flipper for an easy catch, and it made the game way too easy.

Thanks - where is the guide and two posts you're talking about?

2 years later
#7773 1 year ago

just got back into the club. Such a good game for the current marketprice.

I am looking for soccer ball speaker grills and after reading through, it seems like some folks were making some. Still available?

#7797 1 year ago

WhenI realized there really wasn’t a quick solution to the speaker soccer grill, I asked Mr_Tantrum bc he’s talented and responsive. His product looked great after creating it in less than a day.

Looking forward to getting mine

1 week later
#7820 1 year ago
Quoted from misterhare:

For the record!
[quoted image]

Nice photoshop!

Just kidding. Glad they won.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 180.00
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome?tu=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.