(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,489 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by dboeren
  • Topic is favorited by 273 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9193 (resized).jpeg
diverter assembly world cup (resized).png
Screenshot_20240206-183630 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider defaultgen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1368 9 years ago

Does anyone have a picture or can tell me how the washers in the goalie assembly are supposed to stack? This is how my goalie assembly looks, but the long metal bit leans very close to the white optos even when fully assembled. I'm wondering if the washers are just in the wrong order.

Edit: This is of course in the manual, I'm a dummy. Looks like someone put a bonus washer in mine because they lost an E-clip.

1 week later
#1389 9 years ago

Have you tried just pulling up the wire a little bit?

1 week later
#1412 9 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

When I turn on my game it makes a very loud "boing" type noise from the speakers, then quiets way down when the music begins. Does this happen on all WCS games when they are turned on? Thanks

It makes a bong, but it should be no different from your T2 or HS2.

#1431 9 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

Yes, everything else seems to be fine, im pretty sure it is blown. Im just not sure if anyone has a fuse like that around here. I was hoping perhaps I could switch it with something more available.

3A slow blow fuses are very common in pinball, you might as well have a few handy considering how cheap they are.

If you can see it's blown then just get a fuse. Otherwise you can rule out the fuse by just swapping F904 and F903 which should both be 3A slow blow. Check the number on the fuse itself to make sure you actually have the correct fuses in the machine. You can rule out the coil by swapping with the magna save coil. Could be something else too, like whichever switch on the left turns the magnet on. Go into the test menu on the machine and test your switches and the magnet coil.

1 week later
#1472 9 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

ok, i took apart my WCS, cleaned and added LEDs, and I have a few questions. After putting back the plastics, I noticed I had a few issues. First off, where does this go?

That post is all over the playfield, here's a pic I have from mine:

wcsnoramps.jpgwcsnoramps.jpg
3 months later
#1584 9 years ago
Quoted from JDee:

Hi there!
i can't find anywhere what are the original colors of the rubbers in the playfield.. can someone help? thanks!!!

The flyer shows white rubbers if you look closely: http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2811&picno=4128&zoom=1

2 weeks later
#1628 9 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

Well I've been playing it since arcades were still around, looked into getting one 20, then 10 years ago, but it wasn't financially viable then.

Your next pickup should be a Data East Time Machine to go back and save yourself a bunch of money.

2 weeks later
#1680 8 years ago

There's a coil under the right gate that can pull it up, it should connect to the gate through the small hole next to your red line.

2 weeks later
#1705 8 years ago
Quoted from laprocket:

Hey guys. I need a little help. Im trying to remove the diverter so I can remove the ramps. What screws do I need to loosen to pull the rod out.
Thanks

If you didn't find it, there is a very small hex screw (I believe it's called a set screw?) that holds the rod to the link. It's on the flat end of the rod so you can't mess up the positioning.

screwsarefun.pngscrewsarefun.png
#1711 8 years ago
Quoted from Spies:

Just recently got one of these as the girlfriend loves it, however, what can I change to make it harder for an intermediate player to enjoy it more? I've already beaten Germany 4-3 on a 4 ball game.

Also make sure your difficulty settings are correct/hard. There's some nonsense like awarding Striker Awards for hitting the unlit goal or starting multiball via the ramps. When I first got the game I thought I had a broken opto, but the striker settings were just easy.

1 week later
#1741 8 years ago

Probably two headers because it's commonly broken? The small plastic looks like the one on the right side of the playfield above a switch on the ramp.

1 month later
#1809 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I want to led my WCS. Does anyone have recommendations for what colours to use for the GI and where? Thanks in advance.

It's easy to overdo colored GI, you can't go wrong with sunlight! I did use some purple and green towards the back. Also my ball inserts are colored which I decided was ugly and removed, but here's my old before and after pic.

justsaynotoclownvomit.jpgjustsaynotoclownvomit.jpg

3 weeks later
#1841 8 years ago
Quoted from curtis:

My WCS94 keeps on resetting. It can happy at any time during the game. I had the board fixed about two years ago. Someone mentioned that I should replace all the ribbon cables. I searched the forum for "resets" but didn't find any direction. Any ideas? Thank you.

This is the article for you: http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Game_resets

Don't skip steps. Step one of that section should just be don't skip steps. It's already in easiest-to-hardest order in terms of things to check.

3 months later
#1984 8 years ago

Rock puts together good stuff, if you're not going to DIY your cabinet lighting that's the way to go. Comet Pinball just came out with their Matrix system which is an easy way to DIY similar effects tied into flashers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 180.00
$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider defaultgen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome?tu=defaultgen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.