(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveddd14.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3956 6 years ago

Just joined the WCS Owners club yesterday, also my first PIN I owned. Everything is working how it should, what is something I should do right away to the machine or look at.

Thanks

#3967 6 years ago

Thanks for all of the suggestions!

After reading through the thread my initial thought is correct that my soccer ball spins counter clockwise during the game and then clockwise during the final against Germany. What is the best way to correct this?

2 weeks later
#4055 6 years ago

Does anyone know how to fix th F6 error?

Which according to the layout isn’t used?

9EDFF0F6-6880-4ED0-8F3B-5DA3007BB073 (resized).jpeg9EDFF0F6-6880-4ED0-8F3B-5DA3007BB073 (resized).jpeg

#4057 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

The switch still exists, it’s just not doing anything. Reseat your connectors on the flipper optos and the flipper board in the backbox, and make sure the flipper opto is clean and the interruptor is working correctly. If none of that helps swap the left and right flipper boards and see if the problem moves... if so, probably just need to replace the opto or maybe the whole opto board, which isn’t a big deal as it’s pretty cheap.

Thank you, I will try and tackle this weekend.

#4065 6 years ago
Quoted from dleasman:

U.R.Flipper is upper right flipper, or in this case, the right side flipper.
This could be your flipper button controller, which is optical, and may need cleaning, or adjusting.
The Fliptronic II board controls 4 flippers. In the case of WCS, the upper flippers are the actual flippers, and the lowers are the 2 magnets (ball capture and magna save).
I would go into you switch tests and test the flipper buttons to see if they are reading properly.
Does the right flipper work?
It's also worth noting that the flipper buttons are on the matrix, so it's possible that there is a broken connection some under the playfield on either the x or y wire for the flippers. Case in point... I had an error on the trough, which is all optical, and actually controlled by a board under the playfield near the left flipper. However, the problem was not the optos, nor the board, but a broken wire on one of the striker targets by the left ramp. I learned a lot from that one, but mostly the fact that the cause may not be the error reported, especially when it's something on the matrix. I figured it out by doing the switch tests, testing every other switch in the same column in the matrix, then the same row. It immediately revealed the problem... A single broken wire, far from the ball trough.

Thanks for the detailed response. The flipper works as it should (thank god) just trying to get it to 100%.

3 months later
#4258 5 years ago

Not sure about it moving but while you are in there fixing it, it looks like the ball is spinning the wrong way.

#4262 5 years ago
Quoted from kruger:

The ball is spinning clockwise - if it's wrong I'll fix it.

That is correct then, I was watching on my phone it looked to be counter clockwise.

2 months later
#4486 5 years ago

I agree with everything except I tend to get final draw multi-ball more often so that is a little higher up for me. If you get final draw multi-ball a 3rd time you play Germany for #1 so that helps with scoring. $5.2B is my best score in the six months I had the game, board is $3.9B

2 months later
#4623 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Looks to be placed there to prevent stuck balls that might otherwise settle alongside the ramp, trapped by the nut and the ramp in the little space between the two.

That is the exact reason I am guessing b/c on my game that piece is broken/missing and the ball gets stuck there every 50 games or so if I had to guess.

1 month later
#4749 5 years ago

So this just broke today (Not a picture of my game just to show the part that broke).

Is the replacement a-14691 or a-14690? While I am in there doing the work I was thinking about replacing the other stand up targets as the "cushions" are basically gone.

How tough are they to replace? My only soldering experience is on this game when the soccer ball motor broke and I was able to do that outside of the game.

Dave

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
1 month later
#4867 5 years ago

Same problem for me, if I have a good game going I normally push it hard to get it there which I hate doing.

#4885 5 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Sounds good, not sure what it's normally supposed to look like. Thanks.

When I first got mine it was stuck in the up position, I had to connect it to a spring on the backside of the playfield.

Dave

1 week later
#4903 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Beat Germany twice...was at LA for a third match but couldn’t get the scoop hit. Lots and lots of Victory laps in this one!
[quoted image]

DAMN....that's a game right there!

1 week later
#4940 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Gold is standard. Most look like shit after all these years. I put black on mine and tossed the old gold aside for spares.

Ditto!

#4943 5 years ago
Quoted from dleasman:

Thankfully, when I got mine, it had chrome legs. I think if they were gold, I would have replaced them immediately.
Though my chrome legs had a lot of rust on them... I put them in a wallpaper tray with 50/50 white vinigar and water for 24 hours, then scrubbed with a ball of aluminum foil, and they were brand new again.
I remember that someone here powder coated the legs, lock bar, and rails in a color (purple, maybe?).
But as my friend Devin always tells me, "There is no such thing as an un-modified pinball machine."

I did try this and then thought I wasted more than $50 of my time so I just bought them!

1 week later
#4972 5 years ago

Anyone interested in the following items? They came with the game when I bought it. I love the game and it plays great so I haven't installed in a year and probably won't.

7 Piece Cliffy's for WCS normally $98(http://www.passionforpinball.com/wcs94.htm)
World Cup Soccer Back Ramp - Plastic only 03-9107.5 (Not sure of value since I couldn't find one anywhere!)

PM me any offers and I can send pictures if wanted. Put an ad up after so many questions.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/76650

Dave

1 week later
#4974 5 years ago

On the back of my goalie the top screw is soldered in, I assume someone hacked it this way and it isn’t supposed to be correct?

#4976 5 years ago
Quoted from provato:

Yep that’s a hack. These two screws go to a plate-nut behind the goalie

Thanks- it is now corrected and back to how it should be!

#4991 5 years ago
Quoted from dleasman:

Are you sure it's soldered in? If you notice, that top bolt happes to be right at the level of the top of the goal. If the bolt pertrudes from the end of the nut even a little bit, it gets mushroomed/flattened, by the repeated impact. If you replace the bolt, cut it down to the point where the nut hits the goal top, and not the bolt.

Yep it was, I removed it and now the screw doesn't stick out the back either. So all good on both fronts!

Thanks.

2 weeks later
#5040 5 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

Which way is the ball designed to spin. Up trowds the goal, or down to the flippers?

The ball spins towards the goal until the World Cup final against Germany then it spins towards you. There is a test in the menu to check, mine was wired backwards when I bought it.

The Marco replacement motor was marked incorrectly.

#5049 5 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

Well son of a bitch, I bought a new motor for it about 5 years ago. My brother always complains the ball was spinning wrong. He was right!

The previous owner replaced it and installed it according to the colors and when I started playing something seemed weird.

Unfortunately the motor went bad so I bought a new one from Marco and tested it before I soldered it and mine was marked backwards as well!

The worst part for you is admitting to your brother he was right!

6 months later
#5348 4 years ago

Officially out of the club but I bet I’ll be back in some time, good luck all! #GOAL

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveddd14.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome?tu=daveddd14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.