(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9193 (resized).jpeg
diverter assembly world cup (resized).png
Screenshot_20240206-183630 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coyo5050.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2100 8 years ago

Just joined the club and this is also my first pinball machine. This one has a lot of significance for me. I've been searching for awhile and it's in great condition. Couple of questions.

I'm having one problem where the ball gets stuck on the right side bottom part of play field. Just a wrong size ring or something else causing the problem? I've attached a pic.

I've ordered LED's for this but not flashers. Can anyone tell me a list of what LED flashers they ordered for theirs? I am unsure of what quantity of colors for 906 and 89's.

Is the spinning soccer ball always really noisy, is there a way to make it quieter? I'm sure it is never silent but from my experience noise can sometimes mean things are rubbing together or there is more friction than normal somewhere.

Last question, I've read through this whole thread but wondering if their are any updated suggestions of where to get a new spinning soccer ball from? Mine is rather worn and doesn't seem to have any grip on it.

Thanks!

IMAG0049-768x1365_(resized).jpgIMAG0049-768x1365_(resized).jpg

#2105 8 years ago

Moved the ring around a bit and eventually got it so it was enough space for the ball the fit thru. Seemed like it was on right but guess it must have been just a little off. Pin is in really great shape except for some curling around the legs. I'm think a little heat to soften up the vinyl and flatten it out?

1 week later
#2125 8 years ago

Coin door on mine has some wear around the buttons so picked up a new coin door since I will use the old door for something else. Old door is an 09-61000-1 and new door is 61-96017 which should work fine. The connector on the wire harness is smaller on the new one. Anyone know what connector I need so I can re-wire the new door to work? I still need the connector to stay with the old door so I cant just swap them around.

Thanks

#2129 8 years ago

This pic is of the area right next to the coin toss on the right side above the flipper There are two green posts and one metal post. The person I got this from has a ring going from one of the green post to the metal post and nothing on the green post since in this case it is now behind the ring. How does everyone elses game look? I am assuming this is wrong and should be ring on metal post and ring around the two green posts.

IMAG0086_(resized).jpgIMAG0086_(resized).jpg

#2138 8 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

That's not correct. Rubber should be around two green posts and tiny little rubber just on the little post.

Do you know what sizes I need for those two rubbers?

#2140 8 years ago

Completed a full LED swap of the entire machine. I know there are mixed opinions on this but I changed the flashers to LED and I think it looks much better. Put in one spotlight. Learned a lot taking apart the whole playfield. Haven't decided if I will add led strips under the ball drain and at the top of the playfield. Seems pretty bright already. Also put in a new rubber soccer ball, the old one was pretty dried out and this has made a big difference. Have leg protectors to install and speaker upgrade will be next. Love this game, great for beginners but a lot to learn to keep you interested.

#2143 8 years ago

Here is a pic of the playfield. The spot is on the lower left near the left flipper the wire runs down the post in the sling and connects to one of the GI lights. I also color matched the LEDs and kept the same colors such as the 3 yellow in the very back. The flashers under the two ramps and by the two flippers that us the 89 style were a huge pain since there is no bulb to help you twist them in to place they are just flat on top. Had the hold the socket underneath the playfield and use thumb above to try and twist them in. Come to think of it they look totally different than in the pics from the site I ordered from.....

The hardest bulbs to get to are the 5 on the top left you have to remove everything to get to them since it is below all the ramps in that upper corner. Went purple cause all I had left wish I had white and green to highlight the soccer ball image. Now it looks pink.

IMAG0083-1024x1820_(resized).jpgIMAG0083-1024x1820_(resized).jpg

#2159 8 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Hi, can someone help me identify some plastics? I'm in the process of cleaning and replacing stuff. It's the one (or several?) plastics on the left side by the assist hole. It's quite damaged as you can see in my picture.
I can't find good pictures of how the parts look. Would appreciate part/ref numbers on them. Thanks!
wcsplastic_(resized).jpg
Edit: I suspect it's this big one complete under ramp plastic that runs on both sides?? Am I right?
wcsplastic2_(resized).jpg

You are correct the piece runs under the left ramp and up behind the goal

#2187 8 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Hey guys. Joining the club as I bought my WCS last night. Overall a very solid machine which just needs some TLC to be a killer player. Even after setup last night my friend and I were shocked in how well everything worked mechanically.
I just ordered a ton of little items to get the shop job going, also inquired about the Cliffy's, but since I'm going to be taking this thing down to the bones, I searched this thread for LED and the impact looks amazing. I'm absolutely going to LED mine, but was wondering if the consensus is to go with the post below (I don't think I saw a completed pic of that combo), or to use one of the kits.

I have been concerned with some photos I've seen where it looks too heavy on the purple in the PF.

Had this same question. I figured there was an easy solution. Trap the ball in the left flipper and then hit the Magna Save. Does the ball move? Worked for me.

I got the kit from pinball bulbs and it was OK. A little annoying that it was overly purple and missing a couple when you are expecting a few extras. I ordered some extra warm and cool white, some yellow and flasher bulbs. Look at your manual to see what type and how many you need of each and color match them up would be my suggestion or spend more money for convenience and get a kit but expect to order extras.

#2189 8 years ago

My replay is set a 1,400,000. For some reason when I make that score and my current ball ends it shows replay on the DMD and then the game just ends. Do I have a setting wrong or am I misunderstanding something?

2 weeks later
#2215 8 years ago

My replacement soccer ball from Marco seems fine. No hole in top but easily made a hole lol. Works much better than the dried out old one.

1 month later
#2323 7 years ago

Thanks Bioboa for the speaker mod and pinballbulbs for making and sending out free of charge. You guys are awesome. Will do the mod soon.

4 weeks later
#2436 7 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Are these Cliffy's, or factory pieces??

Those are the standard ramps.

#2450 7 years ago

Is the right ramp really hard to hit or am i just not very good at this game?

#2464 7 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

It is a relavely easy shot. I get it 6 -7 out of ten. Make sure you flipper is aligned correctly. If the flipper is aligned too high it becomes a very hard shot.

You are talking about the left flipper right? Right flipper the sling seems to be in the way. Im sure i need more practice i think i kind of give up on it most games when i should be trying it more.

3 weeks later
#2541 7 years ago

I think the doing both trail and coin toss yellow works out well. The black rails and legs give it a nice understated look which helps the yellow pop.

I added a couple spotlights on mine which really helps the middle of the playfield.

#2582 7 years ago

With the way the battery holder is designed it is already a seperate piece that can be moved off to the side. It is also very easy to replace with a lithium coin cell like I did mine since u can just disconnect one wire and take the board out to work on. Was good thinking on the designers part.

2 months later
#2889 7 years ago

The plastic trim / channel piece that the bottom of the speaker panel fits into in the backbox, what is that called? I am looking for a new one and am having trouble finding it.

Thank you all

#2894 7 years ago

Thats bottom of translite i need bottom of speaker panel.

#2896 7 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

You looking for the U shaped trim piece that is screwed to the bottom of the back box and cradles the entire wood panel that the speakers are housed in?? If so you want Speaker Panel Bracket 01-8569

That would be the part. Knowing the part number i still cant find anyone who sells it though. Not sure why it seems to be hard to find.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 180.00
3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coyo5050.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome?tu=coyo5050 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.