(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#186 10 years ago

you can also buy them from retailers, some sites still sell them

#187 10 years ago

you can also buy them from retailers, some sites still sell them

btw, I roughed up the bottom edge of the illinois ball I got and it improved the effect of the ball

7 months later
#602 10 years ago

On the left side return ramp to the ball lock playfield, when the ball drops from the top ramp to that bottom one the ball frequently rolls backwards a short distance...is that normal?

Thanks!

Bob C

#603 10 years ago

rolls backwards after it drops onto the lower ramp that is, and then forward that is

Bob C

#609 10 years ago

Thanks for the info guys!

Bob C

2 weeks later
#614 10 years ago

How is the metal coin toss assembly removed? I'm wanting to have it re-plated, but am worried it might be too hard to remove?

Thanks!

Bob C

1 year later
#1567 9 years ago

How would you deal with the lack of decals?
That game has a lot of ramp decals....re-use.. Reproduce?

1 month later
#1638 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I just bought one of these. Is the magna save as useless as it seems, or does it benefit from replacing that magnet? Mine works, but SDTM seems to avoid the magnet field, maybe there is a slight bend, but it pretty much has to be near the left flipper tip, and very well timed to be able to remotely work right. If it catches, it's super strong after that.
This is making me wonder if this is why in all the papa video's no one ever wastes using this feature over trying their usual SDTM defence.

some day I'll remove some windings from some nos magnets as an experiment, but I'd think mylar would be needed too so the ball does not wear the playfieled like on a BK

#1654 9 years ago

Test the switch in diagnostic mode, bend the armature, check the solder connections, replace the switch etc...

I'm guessing it's the switch and not the magnet, but there should be a magnet test too

1 month later
#1780 8 years ago
Quoted from TMU:

Greetings, new member here! Just got WCS as my first pin, really happy with it, such a fun flowy game with a great selection of shots, even if it's pretty straight forward. My five year old kid got totally into it as well, it's a great family friendly theme. Mine's in really nice shape, except for the metal ramp, which has ugly gold paint on the thick middle wire, any tips on getting it clean & shiny again?

That should be brass plating.
Michael Chestnut does a great job of re plating the habitrail ramp, the L shaped habitrail support bracket, and the Coin Toss / skill shot parts

2 months later
#1877 8 years ago
Quoted from ellray:

I don't know of any games that have lower flippers that aren't symmetrically positioned (same angles and offsetting positions). Are there some?

Wheel of Fortune?

3 weeks later
#1928 8 years ago

Don't forget the cointoss assembly too

3 months later
#2014 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Probably buried in this thread somewhere.....my goalie just broke...ordered a new decal and plastic from MARCO, but seem to remember there is actually a thin rubber pad behind ( mine is dried out, hence the break)....anyone know where to get one?....thanks....mark

BAA?

I thought they were fairly common...

3 weeks later
#2047 8 years ago

I've used silicon spray quite liberally with good success and no damage. BUT you need to get the stuff that is safe for plastics (says so on the can) . I had a brand called "Van" that was great but that is no where to be found. I think I'm using one of the DuPont ones now and it was hard to find locally. Most sprays have solvents not good for plastics. I'll try to post what I'm using now.

#2048 8 years ago

Du Pont Teflon Silicon lubricant, with part number D00100101 very small at the bottom edge of the can at the vertical seam above the "made in the usa"
Says plastic and Oring safe
Almost all sprays have solvents that are not safe for anything but metal, so proceed worth extreme caution when shopping for one.
I tried something called RZ-50 that wasn't too effective for very long FYI

9 months later
#2971 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Might be Overkill but it's cheap and easy and might be worth doing. I'll give it a shot and see what happens but if I don't feel it's working out well easy enough to remove.

I don't think Mylar will stick, and if it does will be too smooth to put a good spin on the pinball

2 months later
#3147 7 years ago

no

2 months later
#3225 7 years ago
Quoted from PiNDoCToR:

I'm looking for a set of ramp decals for the ramp that is entered from the left. I found a couple on Marco and a couple all the way in Australia, but not all of them. No one seems to have the whole lot. Does anyone have a set or some that they want to sell?

Try www.pinball.center

#3229 7 years ago
Quoted from PiNDoCToR:

Even pinball center doesn't have everything. They did have one piece that everyone else was missing, but I tried to order it and it said that "no shipping to this country is possible"?

try emailing them, I've ordered from them

#3236 7 years ago
Quoted from mima:

My custom RGB topper mod for my WCS
» YouTube video
/mima

Well done!

1 week later
#3246 6 years ago
Quoted from boiydiego:

hammerhead thank you for your help you and me we saved a wcs94 playfield bye bye flipper damage , hole is leveled again with pf , the raster is still a raster no full color , so realy happy with it the little shade from the primer you can not see with the eye also there will be a pf protector on it so even more unseeable , back to building of the pf and bash the hell out of it , thx thx thx

Wow! How was that done?

#3251 6 years ago
Quoted from boiydiego:

bobc its a waterslide decal , first time i use it also ;D also first time i used photoshop also made me use my brain a step furder then ever before just make a overlay like bellow picture and keep in mind of lots of things like ball behavior with decal on playfield etc and put a playfield protector over it ..

Thanks!

10 months later
#4002 6 years ago
Quoted from dleasman:

That does seem strange to me... To my knowledge, the ball only spins clockwise during game play, at any time when the goalie is moving. The only time it spins counter-clockwise is when a ball is stuck, and the machine is trying to free the ball (all solenoids fire in sequence).
As stated by RatShack, reversing the polarity at the motor should solver the issue, as it is a DC motor. To verify that it is correct, go into the tests, where there is an option to test the motor.

I believe the ball spins backwards in the final draw

7 months later
#4544 5 years ago

That question again...sort of

Does anybody have a list of Colored (or white) LED Flashers for WCS94?

My machine is folded up and not working currently so I can't really check

I'm looking at a LED website and they want $45 for the playfield and backbox flashers kits, which is their equivalent cost of 35 colored flashers...

Thanks!

BobC

1 month later
#4683 5 years ago
Quoted from wombat:

Looking for the original factory mounting brackets and hardware for the original WCS94 topper ( https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1925-18-SP ) Thanks for your time.[quoted image]

I've never seen one on a machine, in pictures, or on flyers.
Not even prototype pictures show it.
It must have been axed very early in the design stages.

I'm usually a parts hoarder, but I don't know if I'd spring for that topper.

My guess is you have to make your own mounting bracket as there were probably just a few made.

#4684 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Anyone have this attached to their machine? I’ve never seen one before. Looks like it’s not that impactful being only a couple inches tall

Marco's description says 1 1/4 inches tall...

#4689 5 years ago

I suppose you could put leds behind it so it lights up.
Maybe one behind each flag with a random blinking pattern,
and perhaps segmented with something so the light does not bleed over from one flag to an adjacent one

#4704 5 years ago

Well...I ordered one of those straight flat WCS94 plastics toppers from Marco and they curled it up and put it in a small box

Now it's bent in a curve and won't straighten out.
If I try to straighten it, it gets twisty and just springs back to a curved shape

I guess I'll be contacting Marco...

#4716 5 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Well...I ordered one of those straight flat WCS94 plastics toppers from Marco and they curled it up and put it in a small box
Now it's bent in a curve and won't straighten out.
If I try to straighten it, it gets twisty and just springs back to a curved shape
I guess I'll be contacting Marco...

So I spent an hour trying to get them on the phone
So I filled out a contact form and they claim the topper is supposed to be bent
The thing is it's not an even curve, it's bent steeper on one end than the other
And the picture on this thread shows it straight on the top of the pin
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/22#post-1715347

"The plastic by nature is curved to fit on top of the pinball machine and it was designed this way by Bally. This Part is NOS so it was definitely made to curve naturally. Can you do us a favor and go ahead and install it on your game and send us a picture once its installed."

I call BS!

Not to mention you can't install it as there are no brackets available for it.
And mine is "J" shaped not merely curved. It doesn't even make a curve quite right when I try to make an even curve.

Interestingly, my WCS94 does not have holes on top for mounting a topper

BobC

2 weeks later
#4767 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Topper looks fantastic! Did the plastic flag strip come with the game? Or is it one you bought from Marco and added? I want to buy one from Marco, but others who do got ones that were warped/bent.

Well...here's an update on my topper issue I had
Apparently PPS has new remakes, and Marco claims theirs are NOS
Marco did send me a replacement after the 1st one was ruined by their bending it to fit it in a small box
The replacement was packed correctly and is straight and has no artifacts (Brazilian Flag on the first one has a factory paint defect)
They also sent me a prepaid return label for the old one.
I'm not sure why...they weren't cross shipping/doing an RMA.
Maybe they want it back so they can wave it around while admonishing their employee who ruined the part

BobC

#4768 5 years ago

LED vc LCD color dmd

My DMD was bad when I got the game back in the early days of LED DMDs

I have an all blue LED DMD

I'll probably switch to a color dmd and go with LCD as when you set it up so the dots combine to form a solid images.
I think when you do that it looks better for games that use cartoon style dmd graphics

Oddly the colordmd website is not loading for me right now...

6 months later
#5176 4 years ago

I don't know if I got myself into a pickle or not.
This LED stuff just confuses me...too complicated for me.
Anyways, I bought an LED kit with Playfield, GI, Backbox, Spot lights, Flashers (none installed yet) from PinballBulbs.com
Now I'm wondering if I should have/need an OCD LED or OCD GI board or not (and if so if I have compatible LEDs as some LEDs don't play nice with the OCD boards..."No Ghosting" LEDs don't have as smooth of a fade transition as other LEDs when used in conjunction with OCDs according to the OCD website FAQ).

Thanks!

BobC

#5178 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

After seeing this machine I now want to give my machine some love.
What are people’s thoughts on chrome lockdown/side rails vs powdercoat and what color powdercoat?
Best place for new decals?

I got some yellow powder coated legs from Pinballlife a few years back. They were surprisingly cheap (might still be?)
They seems to look good. I haven't done anything beyond that with the cabinet

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome?tu=bobc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.